PS4 Pro DEATH STRANDING LE Console $299!

Checking CAG tonight blew up in my face. I ended up ordering the Death Stranding PS4 Pro for $300 and also noticed Best Buy has the Gears of War 5 Console for $349.99 ($150.00 off) and bought that as well even though I already have both.. Just wanted some new looking consoles.to have. Hopefully my KH3 PS4 Pro and Xbox one x can cover most of this.

Checking CAG tonight blew up in my face. I ended up ordering the Death Stranding PS4 Pro for $300 and also noticed Best Buy has the Gears of War 5 Console for $349.99 ($150.00 off) and bought that as well even though I already have both.. Just wanted some new looking consoles.to have. Hopefully my KH3 PS4 Pro and Xbox one x can cover most of this.
Didn’t the gears 5 console also have a $30 gift card with it too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend just got this and looks great, but like the 500 million and spiderman console better.

What's the difference between the 3 month xbox live cards and the ultimate ine everyone saying for $1?

Uhhh I think you're on the wrong website

My friend just got this and looks great, but like the 500 million and spiderman console better.

What's the difference between the 3 month xbox live cards and the ultimate ine everyone saying for $1?
Ultimate includes Gold membership and GamePass Membership which gives you access to 100+ games. Think of it like Netflix for games. Right now you can get 3 months of Ultimate for $1.

So, I got lucky and was able to get Best Buy to price adjust my Death Stranding console purchase to $299.99. When they rang it up it was showing $399.99 but I showed them the Gamestop online price and told them "I definitely saw it on the BB site for $299". It probably helped that my GF was with me and being cute too. 

So, I got lucky and was able to get Best Buy to price adjust my Death Stranding console purchase to $299.99. When they rang it up it was showing $399.99 but I showed them the Gamestop online price and told them "I definitely saw it on the BB site for $299". It probably helped that my GF was with me and being cute too.
So is it known that the DS PS4 Pro rings up at $399.99 at Best Buy, now?

I went ahead and bought one from Sony and I'm going to return the one I got from Best Buy, as per their customer service suggestion.  They said it didn't matter that I've been using it, so I guess we'll see.  If they give me crap I'll just pull my elite plus status weight I guess.

So is it known that the DS PS4 Pro rings up at $399.99 at Best Buy, now?
I can confirm that it rang up for $299.99 yesterday afternoon. There was one DS PS4 Pro remaining on the shelf with it marked $399. I tried to use the Best Buy app to verify the price, but it said the item could not be found. I asked a floor associate to price check the unit for me. Sure enough.... it was marked down by $100 like the other units. Hope this helps out!

Guess all our issues with GS stores were for naught. Console is available for shipping on the GS website now per Wario. Super annoying.

I went ahead and bought one from Sony and I'm going to return the one I got from Best Buy, as per their customer service suggestion. They said it didn't matter that I've been using it, so I guess we'll see. If they give me crap I'll just pull my elite plus status weight I guess.
Dumb fuck policy. Why would I wait until December 2nd, when I can return it and buy from Gamestop anyway? If I'm returning it, and someone's going to buy it back for $300, what difference does it make?

Balls. Just ordered one off Groupon thanks to a Wario tweet. Anybody want a Spidey PS4 Pro that I'll no longer have use for?

Dumb fuck policy. Why would I wait until December 2nd, when I can return it and buy from Gamestop anyway? If I'm returning it, and someone's going to buy it back for $300, what difference does it make?
That is what I did. Best Buy sometimes won't honor price matches when items are out of stock. Shit, I have been trying to do a return/rebuy on my DS CE with my 10% off Birthday coupon, and they keep telling me in store it won't work and will not honor it. I ended up calling customer service to get them to tell me that it should be honored. I gotta go back into the store today. Annoying as shit.

I went ahead and bought one from Sony and I'm going to return the one I got from Best Buy, as per their customer service suggestion. They said it didn't matter that I've been using it, so I guess we'll see. If they give me crap I'll just pull my elite plus status weight I guess.
As long as you didn't open the game it should be fine. Also, I saw an open box one at my local Best Buy last night so someone else did the same thing lol. I luckily ordered my console online, and they don't track serial numbers when you purchase consoles online FYI. I'm just gonna return the one I get from Sony to Best Buy as it will be brand new anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you didn't open the game it should be fine. Also, I saw an open box one at my local Best Buy last night so someone else did the same thing lol. I luckily ordered my console online, and they don't track serial numbers when you purchase consoles online FYI. I'm just gonna return the one I get from Sony to Best Buy as it will be brand new anyways.
I had it pre-ordered. I've been playing it since it released. If they give me trouble about the game, then I'll give them the unopened one I get in the new one I just bought. I'm a little nervous about it because the people at my Best Buy never seem to be trained very well. You should see how badly they screw it up when I need to price match their website with GCU added on.

Edit:

I had mine ordered online from Best Buy as well. They don't check serial number with online orders? Maybe I'll just return the new one from Sony then.

Edit 2:

@SpraykwoN

Did your bundle come with a Death Stranding dynamic theme? The description mentioned it, but I never saw any codes to redeem for that theme anywhere.

I had it pre-ordered. I've been playing it since it released. If they give me trouble about the game, then I'll give them the unopened one I get in the new one I just bought. I'm a little nervous about it because the people at my Best Buy never seem to be trained very well. You should see how badly they screw it up when I need to price match their website with GCU added on.

Edit:

I had mine ordered online from Best Buy as well. They don't check serial number with online orders? Maybe I'll just return the new one from Sony then.
OR take the sealed game out of the new console and put it in the one you are returning.

And yes, when you buy consoles online they do not record the serial number. Only time they do is if you buy in store, or order online for in-store pickup. I've returned new consoles I got cheaper in the past (did the same thing where i had an opened console so I ordered a new one cheaper and returned it to the more expensive retailer). Nothing wrong with doing that either since you are returning a new item, and it makes sense.

They do record the serial for online orders, at least they did for me at both BB and Gamestop. I also ordered mine online (shipped to home) and when I went in store to price adjust, they needed to scan the serial number to make sure it was the same on the order. 

They do record the serial for online orders, at least they did for me at both BB and Gamestop. I also ordered mine online (shipped to home) and when I went in store to price adjust, they needed to scan the serial number to make sure it was the same on the order.
If you do online with in store pickup they do record the serial. If you do shipping, they do not. Unless it’s changed recently and I just checked my order and there is no serial number attached to it.

If you do online with in store pickup they do record the serial. If you do shipping, they do not. Unless it’s changed recently and I just checked my order and there is no serial number attached to it.
Not sure as I only ever order online for shipped to home. I return and rebought at both BB and GS yesterday and both times they needed the serial number.

Neither of my orders have serial numbers attached to them, but it's still recorded. When I did buy it again in store, for BB, the serial number is on the receipt though.

I was able to get Gamestop to do a return/rebuy for me since it was within the 30 days. I understand that's ymmv, but worth a try to ask if you bought one on 11/8/19.

are we supposed to get the $25 coupon from gamestop or is it only for thursday purchased? ad is not clear about it.

They still track the serial number.
They do not. If you do a return/rebuy they track the serial number because they need to scan it in store. If you order a PS4 online shipped to home, and then return it, the serial number is tracked at the point of return. They do NOT track it at point of sale when you do the order online if that makes sense. When they ship the item it’s done from a warehouse. There may be scenarios where it’s shipped from a store where they might track the serial but that rarely happens.

Hope this comes back again. Just made $300 in credit yesterday and have been stalking this for days. Goes live as I'm getting ready for work.

They do not. If you do a return/rebuy they track the serial number because they need to scan it in store. If you order a PS4 online shipped to home, and then return it, the serial number is tracked at the point of return. They do NOT track it at point of sale when you do the order online if that makes sense. When they ship the item it’s done from a warehouse. There may be scenarios where it’s shipped from a store where they might track the serial but that rarely happens.
No, they still track it.

Ordered a switch lite from amazon and Best Buy. I thought I had them marked for each store, but was wrong. Best Buy couldn’t accept the return because the serial number didn’t match. Went back with the correct one and had no issues.

They track serial numbers.

Looks like all the major players besides Sony are now out of stock on this. If you want one I would grab it now, once Sony sells out I think that will be the end of seeing these anywhere near this cheap

Anyone get shipping notice yet from Sony?  I bought one yesterday with delivery tomorrow and no shipping yet.  I purchased it probably a couple hours before it went OOS.

bread's done
Back