PS4 Pro DEATH STRANDING LE Console $299!

Briefly came back in stock at Gamestop a few minutes ago so managed to snag one. Think these ones will be completely sold out by end of this week. Surprised that this particular SKU was also included in the Black Friday promotion.

No, they still track it.

Ordered a switch lite from amazon and Best Buy. I thought I had them marked for each store, but was wrong. Best Buy couldn’t accept the return because the serial number didn’t match. Went back with the correct one and had no issues.

They track serial numbers.
I bought two separate things earlier this year, one was a pair of $350 dollar Sony Bluetoooth Headphones, and the other was a regular PS4 Pro. Both were online ship to home orders, and both had serial numbers. Found both items cheaper on Amazon but didn't want to return them and have to re setup up both things. I returned the Amazon orders to Best Buy as both were the same thing and brand new, with no issues. If you do an online order with store pickup, when you go to pickup the item in store, the serial numbers are scanned. I have never gotten a receipt for a ship to home order that had a serial on it. Did you order your Switch Lite as ship to home from Best buy or was it an in-store pickup? If this is the case then they may have changed how the process shipments because both times I had no issues.

Anyone else get a shipping confirmation from Sony Direct?

I placed my order around 1pm eastern time Sunday, now I realize no shipping on weekends.

My order is showing as preparing for shipping and has been all day.

This better arrive before Thursday ... I got the 1 day shipping.

I saw the Kohl's deal posted today with $90 kohls cash which brings it down to $210 (if you count the $90 you spend on other stuff at kohls), and I think I changed my mind on this. I can also just throw my 2tb hd in this and sell back my old PS4 at GameStop. I'm also looking at the death stranding version. Which versions are not the loud ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
tried return/rebuy at gamestop with 2 different stores. they told me they couldn't take it cause the box was already opened and they didn't want to risk their job.

they told me they can only take the return if the box is unopened or defective.

tried return/rebuy at gamestop with 2 different stores. they told me they couldn't take it cause the box was already opened and they didn't want to risk their job.

they told me they can only take the return if the box is unopened or defective.
huge lie, next time just bring the receipt, they dont even need the console

huge lie, next time just bring the receipt, they dont even need the console
Seconded. They were just being dicks. Still blowing my mind since the console was even being sold on the website for that price. Just bring the receipt and say it's unopened.

Thirded. All they have to do is say it’s unopened when returning it. You probably got the seasonal employees. I’d go back and ask for the manager or go to a different store.

tried return/rebuy at gamestop with 2 different stores. they told me they couldn't take it cause the box was already opened and they didn't want to risk their job
I've heard that before. It's probably just whatever the managers of that store have instructed them to do. No need to assume they're lying or roast them on a survey or whatever.

Just go to a different store - most will only need your receipt.

Thirded. All they have to do is say it’s unopened when returning it. You probably got the seasonal employees. I’d go back and ask for the manager or go to a different store.
I'd avoid SLs too tbh. ASL or SGA (or whatever they are now) have always been the most helpful for me. Managers always seem to give you the accusatory 'you're stealing from gamestop' look when trying to get any kind of deal. Just imo though

I'm tempted to try a return/rebuy on the console I picked up from gamestop day one, but with the tens of thousands of dollars I've leached out of gamestop over the past 3 years... I think I'll just let them get one over on me once...

I'd avoid SLs too tbh. ASL or SGA (or whatever they are now) have always been the most helpful for me. Managers always seem to give you the accusatory 'you're stealing from gamestop' look when trying to get any kind of deal. Just imo though
That’s fair. I have a good rapport with my stores SL, which helps.

Damn, missed the multiple Gamestop restocks, and on Slickdeals I'm seeing some of the Playstation Store orders are being canceled (oversold)

I really hope Amazon gets these back in stock and has them for the sale price, but dunno.

For people that found them in Best Buy stores, were there a lot? I called around a lot of stores today and they all told me that the DS version was not being sold at any Best Buys.

Still preparing to ship. I placed an order Sunday afternoon. Bank put my card on a freeze saying it was unusual.

No shit, I just don't spend $315 on a regular basis online.

On my credit card it still shows pending.

I thought this would be a place an order Sunday, get it shipped Monday, receive it Tuesday kinda of deal.

... looks like I'm not traveling for Thanksgiving ... fuck

i see. so that was my mistake. i was bringing in the console rather than just walk in with the receipt.

thank you. i'll try again tomorrow with just the receipt.

Still preparing to ship. I placed an order Sunday afternoon. Bank put my card on a freeze saying it was unusual.

No shit, I just don't spend $315 on a regular basis online.

On my credit card it still shows pending.

I thought this would be a place an order Sunday, get it shipped Monday, receive it Tuesday kinda of deal.

... looks like I'm not traveling for Thanksgiving ... fuck
Similar situation here.☹️
I just checked my card and the pending transaction has disappeared though and the money is back on my debit card.🤪
Here's hoping it finally ships today and I get it tomorrow. 🤞

Mines still stock on preparing to ship and I ordered Sunday morning at 8 am
Should’ve just tried going to Best Buy / GameStop to get one
Oh well

Ordered mine on Sunday with express shipping and it's still in the "order received" phase.  I really hoped I'd get it today or Wednesday to enjoy over the long holiday, but not looking likely.  That it hasn't even entered the shipping phase makes me worry if I'll be the victim of overselling and have my order cancelled.

*crosses fingers*

Ordered mine just before midnight (CST) on Saturday 11/23 with 1 Day Shipping and it's been stuck in 'Preparing To Ship' status since Sunday.

I just tried using the Direct Chat to get an update on when I can expect it to ship/arrive but they basically just apologized for the delay and said to keep checking my order status/e-mail for a shipping notice.

I would've just ordered one from Gamestop (or Groupon) yesterday but Playstation annoyingly doesn't allow you to cancel an order once it's 'Preparing To Ship' so I'm stuck playing the waiting game...

Ordered mine just before midnight (CST) on Saturday 11/23 with 1 Day Shipping and it's been stuck in 'Preparing To Ship' status since Sunday.

I just tried using the Direct Chat to get an update on when I can expect it to ship/arrive but they basically just apologized for the delay and said to keep checking my order status/e-mail for a shipping notice.

I would've just ordered one from Gamestop (or Groupon) yesterday but Playstation annoyingly doesn't allow you to cancel an order once it's 'Preparing To Ship' so I'm stuck playing the waiting game...
I'm in the exact same boat and wish I would've ordered from another retailer.

surprisingly, GameStop shipped out like the same day....my PlayStation Direct order is still stuck in preparing to ship as well.

btw, for anyone else who ordered with GameStop - if you check the tracking through UPS there is a link to get $15 cash back. have to sign up for some bullshit cashback program which requires CC # but can cancel afterward.

shopsmarter(the name of the cb program) also has 10% cashback for GS on everything consoles/games related, so take advantage of that if they restock the DS bundle or if you're ok with settling for the white console or MW bundle instead. i recommend signing up before you order because 10% is better than 5% (which is basically what $15 is), should be able to stack with the $5 paypal offer if it's still up as well.

Still sitting on preparing to ship.

What's the point in pushing 1 day shipping for playstation plus members when it takes you 72 hours to ship in the first place.

Not to mention I live about 1 hr from the closest Wal - mart or Gamestop ... so packages never arrive if it's even promised 2 - day.

I could have drive 1hr 30min to the closest Gamestop that had the bundle in stock, but forget that noise.

I did not order the console but a few games on Sunday and has been in preparing to ship since. Same as others mentioned, selected next day business and per their own site says they usually ship orders the same business day if before 3PM PST Mon ~ Fri. Can't cancel the order since it is in preparing to ship but cannot get through on chat or phone either. Should have just waited a day and bought them in person yesterday at just about any B&M store. 

PlayStation Direct isn’t so direct

I'm still stuck on "Order Received" from Sony.  Where's the chat to ask them what's the hold-up?  I don't see it.

I'm still stuck on "Order Received" from Sony. Where's the chat to ask them what's the hold-up? I don't see it.
It is found on the order and support page, https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/support/order-problems . Good luck getting through, I have been through the chat twice today and despite it saying average wait time being 10 minutes, it has take over two hours each time.

Update:

Finally got through on chat, and like others mentioned all they said was "we apologize for the delay but do not have an eta on when your order will actually ship." Only option they could give me was to request a refund once I eventually receive them. Good luck folks.

When I log in and look at my status it says shipping. I don't even know if that means I'm safe. I didn't notice the status portion before. Mine was 2 days and ordered at like 11pm Sunday night. Really hoping they fulfill this order and I get shipping info overnight so I know it'll be here Friday.

Agree with everyone had I known all of this would have gone to GameStop near me. Picked up the GoW5 LE console yesterday and I'm oddly anal when it comes to my systems somewhat matching and need this DS console to make that happen.

Never mind still showing order received. fuck.

Mine shipped out yesterday. I ordered just after midnight est. Next day shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but since I'm going to be out of town I changed the Fed Ex instructions for them to deliver it to one of their nearby pickup locations. Which probably means it will be Friday before I can get it since I'd expect them to be closed Thurs, but oh well.

Got Best Buy to do a return/rebuy, here was my trick.

I return the PS4, saying that I bought it as a gift and that my wife said we can't afford it right now.  I walk around the store for a bit, act like I'm on a call, return back to the customer service line and say "this is embarrassing...well I thought we didn't have the funds, but when I called my wife and she said I didn't have to do that, because she's getting a christmas bonus.  Is it okay if I buy it again?".  fuck Best Buy.

I return the PS4, saying that I bought it as a gift and that my wife said we can't afford it right now. I walk around the store for a bit, act like I'm on a call, return back to the customer service line and say "this is embarrassing...well I thought we didn't have the funds, but when I called my wife and she said I didn't have to do that, because she's getting a christmas bonus. Is it okay if I buy it again?". fuck Best Buy.
AND THE OSCAR GOES TO...

I return the PS4, saying that I bought it as a gift and that my wife said we can't afford it right now. I walk around the store for a bit, act like I'm on a call, return back to the customer service line and say "this is embarrassing...well I thought we didn't have the funds, but when I called my wife and she said I didn't have to do that, because she's getting a christmas bonus. Is it okay if I buy it again?". fuck Best Buy.
Wait did best buy lower the price to 300 you just don't know unless you go in?

Mine just shipped! :D

I just got an e-mail from FedEx stating my 'package from SIE c/o XPO LOGISTICS is on its way' - tracking shows it was picked up in Georgia at 5:27PM and is scheduled to be delivered by 8PM tomorrow (11/27).

The FedEx e-mail got sent to my Junk Mail so it might be worth checking for anyone else waiting on an order update.

Oddly enough, my Order Status still shows 'Preparing to Ship' on the Playstation site.

I've been debating back and forth whether or not to get this bundle deal or a used PS4 Pro Star Wars edition with 7 games for $300 from offer up. I decided on the Star Wars Pro since I like the look more than this system and don't have time to play death stranding anytime soon. I'll sell most or all of the games I'm getting so it will actually be cheaper than $300. Great deal though for those that aren't into Star Wars like me.

I've been debating back and forth whether or not to get this bundle deal or a used PS4 Pro Star Wars edition with 7 games for $300 from offer up. I decided on the Star Wars Pro since I like the look more than this system and don't have time to play death stranding anytime soon. I'll sell most or all of the games I'm getting so it will actually be cheaper than $300. Great deal though for those that aren't into Star Wars like me.
Sure. If you don’t mind buying used and not having any sort of purchase protection or warranty. Yikes.

Sure. If you don’t mind buying used and not having any sort of purchase protection or warranty. Yikes.
I haven't had any problems with my Vader PS4 that I bought 3 years ago or whatever it was. I can't buy a brand new Star Wars Pro for any reasonable price so used is my next best option. I don't mind buying used at all. This death stranding bundle is a great deal but I want a Star Wars one instead.

I haven't had any problems with my Vader PS4 that I bought 3 years ago or whatever it was. I can't buy a brand new Star Wars Pro for any reasonable price so used is my next best option. I don't mind buying used at all. This death stranding bundle is a great deal but I want a Star Wars one instead.
Just seems weird you keep coming into a thread on the Death Stranding PS4 pro and keep telling us you got the star wars one. As long as you're happy that's all that matters, but what console you pick and why doesn't really concern me at all nor do I care.

Mine just shipped! :D

I just got an e-mail from FedEx stating my 'package from SIE c/o XPO LOGISTICS is on its way' - tracking shows it was picked up in Georgia at 5:27PM and is scheduled to be delivered by 8PM tomorrow (11/27).

The FedEx e-mail got sent to my Junk Mail so it might be worth checking for anyone else waiting on an order update.

Oddly enough, my Order Status still shows 'Preparing to Ship' on the Playstation site.

Is it from Atlanta or McDonough GA? Mine doesnt show shipped on the site, but i got a text with tracking info with signature required

I got into their chat client to ask about my order being stuck in "preparing for shipment" for two days.

It said wait times were less than ten minutes, and that there were 46 people in front of me.

THREE HOURS later I had 2 people left in front of me. I honestly didn't mind. We're watching shows and relaxing this evening, when the chat client threw up an error message that it couldn't connect to an agent, and recommended tweeting my problem (which I have) to their support account.

I'm more bummed that I waited THREE HOURS to the disappointment of not being able to rightfully complain, but also to charm the pants off of an obviously overloaded support agent, and ask about when these things are going out.

Is it from Atlanta or McDonough GA? Mine doesnt show shipped on the site, but i got a text with tracking info with signature required
Looks like the origin is McDonough but the tracking says it was picked up in Atlanta.

*EDIT* Just got a shipping confirmation e-mail from Playstation.

bread's done
Back