PSA Best Buy now giving refunds for Cyberpunk 2077

Smithers123

CAGiversary!
Best Buy announced on Friday that it will refund purchases of Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One — even if the game has been opened — joining Sony, Microsoft, and the game’s publisher itself in giving disappointed fans their money bank.

Best Buy says it will accept returns and issue refunds for the game through Dec. 21, 2020. It’s a remarkable departure from the big-box retailer’s standard refund policy, which does not accept opened games.

This exception covers Cyberpunk 2077 and its Collector’s Edition on PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One versions of Cyberpunk 2077, its collector’s edition, and the digital download code sold in stores.

Customers can bring the game to their local Best Buy for a refund, or return it by mail.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/18/22189309/best-buy-cyberpunk-2077-refunds-how-where-xbox-one-ps4

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a PC copy added to my library Friday. No email or anything. I looked on Reddit and Twitter and didn’t see anyone else mention getting their exchange copies yet. It does seem like they were bluffing when they made us agree to return our console copies as part of the return/exchange though.
Hmmmm.....I wonder how many people filled out the form? As mentioned previously by a CAG, the shipping cost alone could be substantial.

What is this email everyone been talking about?  I am on elite plud and technically I SHOULD have until 1/24 to return my cyberpunk.  However, on bestbuy.com it still say 16.  Can they deny my return?  STILL tryign to sell the statue

I received my refund today via Paypal. Message said "Ticket No. , Refund for physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox One/PlayStation 4." Still nothing on returning the game.

I received my refund today via Paypal. Message said "Ticket No. , Refund for physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox One/PlayStation 4." Still nothing on returning the game.
Same, just got my refund (264$) for collector today via Paypal as well. tbh, I dont think they will ask us to ship the game back to Poland lol since it would cost a lot of money to ship these oversea especially a huge collector box

This is true, and I came to the same conclusion, but it would’ve saved them money in the long run as they wouldn’t be giving out refunds, stock prices might’ve dipped but not crashed, and it would likely be a day 1 purchase for people once they did get their hands on a 5/X. UNLESS they really had no idea that it performed so poorly on the 4/1, which seems so bizarre to me that I have a hard time believing it.

That said, I started playing it on PS5 last night. There weren’t any technical issues so far, but the real indictment on this game should be how much it feels dated. The city feels kinda sparse, the controls aren’t that great, the graphics are great in some scenes, but look like an early gen PS4 game most of the time. It’s fairly fun so far, but there’s nothing innovative about it, and I doubt I’ll remember much about it a year from now unless things really change after about 6 hours in.
I know it’s a bit off topic, but I did want to update my previous statement. I’m about 25-30 hours in now and I think the game is great! On PS5 it does crash about once every 3 or 4 hours, but the load times are so fast I’m back in the game in 5-10 minutes, the auto saves are generous so it’s no biggie. The game is a cross between Deus Ex, Rage, and watch dogs (the hacking, anyway) IMO. The game really takes off once you meet Johnny silverhand, and the other characters are really starting to shine at this point as well. I still think the non-hub city portions feel pretty dated, along with the AI, but this is really a good game if you’ve got a PS5, XX, or PC to play it on. Does it meet the hype? No, but if you approach it with no preconceived notions you’re going to have a really good time.

Heads up if you submitted a refund request but haven't filled it out with photos and proof of purchases. I just got an e-mail from CDPR they extended the deadline for the form until the end of January which is even nicer!

I know it’s a bit off topic, but I did want to update my previous statement. I’m about 25-30 hours in now and I think the game is great! On PS5 it does crash about once every 3 or 4 hours, but the load times are so fast I’m back in the game in 5-10 minutes, the auto saves are generous so it’s no biggie. The game is a cross between Deus Ex, Rage, and watch dogs (the hacking, anyway) IMO. The game really takes off once you meet Johnny silverhand, and the other characters are really starting to shine at this point as well. I still think the non-hub city portions feel pretty dated, along with the AI, but this is really a good game if you’ve got a PS5, XX, or PC to play it on. Does it meet the hype? No, but if you approach it with no preconceived notions you’re going to have a really good time.
Restarted on the PC after the exchange and I must say, I am enjoying it but the game is so f'n buggy. Stuff floating in air, texture issues on vehicles, etc. I called for my car and I watched as it was driving through walls, flying and being torn apart prior to getting to me. When it arrived all the doors had fallen off and the vehicle looked horrible. It was actually entertaining to watch:) It is a bit of a tragedy because of all the hype that I had for this game. Oh well. I do plan on seeing the game through and I am sure it will be an enjoyable process.

Looks like they are still expecting us to send the game discs back. Email I just received.

Dear gamer,
This is an automatic message regarding the status of your Help Me Refund Cyberpunk 2077 request. We want to inform you that your refund request has been approved and issued according to your chosen refund preference. Depending which solution you picked, the amount you paid for your copy — or access to the PC version of the game — should now be available to you via the specified account or will be soon.

Regarding your game discs, we ask that you keep hold on to them for now. We recognize that arranging disc returns is not a particularly convenient process and are currently looking for the least disruptive solution in order to wrap up this part of the process. We’ll provide you with further instructions in advance later down the line.

Thank you for your patience.

CD PROJEKT RED Team

Looks like they are still expecting us to send the game discs back. Email I just received.

Dear gamer,
This is an automatic message regarding the status of your Help Me Refund Cyberpunk 2077 request. We want to inform you that your refund request has been approved and issued according to your chosen refund preference. Depending which solution you picked, the amount you paid for your copy — or access to the PC version of the game — should now be available to you via the specified account or will be soon.

Regarding your game discs, we ask that you keep hold on to them for now. We recognize that arranging disc returns is not a particularly convenient process and are currently looking for the least disruptive solution in order to wrap up this part of the process. We’ll provide you with further instructions in advance later down the line.

Thank you for your patience.

CD PROJEKT RED Team
Where did they send reply from? I submitted my form 2 weeks ago with picture and everything and nothign yet.

I confirmed my PayPal address to CDPR for a refund about a week ago, I just got my refund this week for the physical copy. I didn't receive any e-mail regarding the request of shipping the physical copy back.

I confirmed my PayPal address to CDPR for a refund about a week ago, I just got my refund this week for the physical copy. I didn't receive any e-mail regarding the request of shipping the physical copy back.
Saw your post and randomly checked my email. Completely missed the email about this and went ahead and put in my PayPal for the refund. Good looking out lol

Good luck getting those physical copies back after you’ve already refunded CDPR!
Honestly, they aren't going to ask for them back. They are just doing this to mitigate people from double dipping.

It costs too much to send them all back.. Why would they even waste money on shipping?

Well I sold my copy so hopefully they don't ask for it:) I think I'll just tell them they can have the pc version back if they do. I've played less than 2 hours of it with the thought of waiting for patches, but honestly I don't even know if I'll continue playing. My criticism detector is up too high and I can't help it. I just fired it up after the latest patch and within 2 minutes I was instantly turned off after knocking over a burning barrel to discover the flame floating in mid air and the barrel disappearing after a couple minutes. I then punched a can that resulted in it exploding. 

I recognize that this might be a little extreme but I was at least expecting it to match gta 5 quality. This game continues to be a let down for me. Happy that many are able to look beyond the flaws and are rewarded with a good experience. 

When did you submit the form? i submitted it 2 weeks ago and nothing yet
I submitted the original form when it was sent back in December. Submitted the follow up confirming my PayPal last week, and received my refund today in my PayPal. I had actually gotten the confirmation email back in the beginning of January and totally missed it. Lucky i looked because I almost missed the cut off date.

My experience is a bit weird.  On dec 15 i send in a request for refund for my collector edition.  No reply at all and on jan 14 i send it again and say I never receive any kind fo reply.  They reply to me to fill out the initial form.  I did and send it the receipt and stuff.  And then yesterday i send a email checking on the statue of my refund and they finallly send me the form that i would add my paypal adress to, It is weird since everyone seems to about to do it automatic after sending email and I have to keep email them for next steps.

Heads up. A week after CDPR refunded my Cyberpunk disc ver, they followed up with an email stating that the refund has been completed.

3rd email they asked that I hang onto the disc as arranging returns is not convenient for them at the moment. Looks like they might be asking for us to return these.

Heads up. A week after CDPR refunded my Cyberpunk disc ver, they followed up with an email stating that the refund has been completed.

3rd email they asked that I hang onto the disc as arranging returns is not convenient for them at the moment. Looks like they might be asking for us to return these.
Wonder how they will enforce that? What if someone sends back My little pony dvd?

Link to article regarding returning the disc for refund. Hopefully you guys hanged into your physical copies

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/cyberpunk-2077-players-who-asked-for-refunds-are-getting-to-keep-the-game/
Doubtful. They are going to pay another 5-10 bucks for people to ship it back? And then where are they going to store it. Pay another employee to sort it all out and confirm? Or buy a landfill and dump it all into it? Just the logistics seem to be a waste of time and money.... esp now that they have already given the money out ahead of time.

They just want everyone to hold on to their copies so the used market isn’t flooded, slowing down new sales once the game is “fixed” 😂

Really? Even if it has a zero balance? Well, there goes my snark...
I've gone negative balance on PayPal before (eBay buyer ripped me off hard). It becomes a debt you owe PayPal.

I'm not saying CDPR will go after people for not returning discs. Just saying it is technically possible.

I'd say with their current situation of leaked internal employee data, they have much bigger issues at hand. Yeah, I know they refuted it but they're fucking liars. Honestly, if they survive all this intact I'd be shocked.

I kept my game but they actually never email me about sending the game back.  In fact, I actually have to email them every week for it to get move forward.  I have to email them for first form, then email them again for second form, email them again for the paypal and email them again about refund then they send it

feel like the whole endeavor of trying to get discs back is a complete loss/waste for them at this point
game came out like 3 months ago and its constantly on sale for 35 bucks or 30. they will have to throw them in a warehouse and throw away the key

i still have mine just in case but have no interest in playing it at this point

They should honestly let people keep the discs as reparations at this point. If I were any of you, I'd make them come after me for it. They have enough to handle already and I very much doubt there will be any follow through with enforcement.

feel like the whole endeavor of trying to get discs back is a complete loss/waste for them at this point
game came out like 3 months ago and its constantly on sale for 35 bucks or 30. they will have to throw them in a warehouse and throw away the key

i still have mine just in case but have no interest in playing it at this point
They can hold on to everything and in a years time, reuse the same discs, cases, and art and just print out new "GAME OF THE YEAR" labels. Slap a new label on the disc, a banner on the box art, and a code for DLC, and just ship them back out to all the stores.

They can hold on to everything and in a years time, reuse the same discs, cases, and art and just print out new "GAME OF THE YEAR" labels. Slap a new label on the disc, a banner on the box art, and a code for DLC, and just ship them back out to all the stores.
true, but are they even working on any dlc or anything at this point?

last i heard theyre struggling to get patches out , getting hacked, and are being investigated by the polish government

I wanna say play it since it's a good game but that experience seems to drastically matter depending on the platform.
They should honestly let people keep the discs as reparations at this point. If I were any of you, I'd make them come after me for it. They have enough to handle already and I very much doubt there will be any follow through with enforcement.
Guess they decided it wasnt worth sending it back

bread's done
Back