PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='xilly']Polish your trolling skills.[/QUOTE]

I agree... this is how quality trolling is done:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Why trade a console you have tons of games on, for a new one that your probally gonna regret the moment PSN comes back

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Or play them on PC...[/QUOTE]

And spend over $1k for a powerful PC that can actually play games?

So does someone have an official term for this PSN collapse?

XBOX 360 = RROD
PSN outage = ????

200STM, that is a good deal that you got.And for the smoke smell, you'll gonna have to air it out like no tomorrow. My ps3 died last month so i am really not affected by the outaged,yet, until i buy another one later but even if my console was still working i would play it without playing online. When i had my ps2 console i never did play online until ps3 came along so i guess enjoy all the one you have or play new titles until sony get their sh** together.

While this is an annoyance, I can already tell you it has had and will have no effect on my buying habits. I still bought Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat for PSN because they were the console lead development platform. That's what I base my purchasing decision on 95% of the time, which system is going to run the game the best. Then again, online multi-player means very little to me.

[quote name='dgwillia006']MAG would be pretty awesome for free :p. Always wanted to play it again, but too cheap to buy it[/QUOTE]

MAG will be $10 shovelware by this holiday season, it goes for $17.42 on Amazon right now, so I'm hoping for something better...

[quote name='wwe101']just finished my finals today and started to play mgs4. beginning has been kind of shaky. I cant really stealth my way anywhere i've been shooting everyone in my sights to survive. does it get better with time? i just got to the part where you talk to derbin gun dealer.[/QUOTE]

It does get better, but man the movie cutscenes are way too effin long. MGS for PS1 is still the best of the series, it was way ahead of its time compared to all the games that followed it in the series.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You do realize you can swap out the stock HDD in the PS3 for a SATA 5400rpm 2.5" laptop hdd of what whatever size and that it's not limited to whatever Sony slaps in the console, right?[/QUOTE]

I popped a 640 gigger in mine and I haven't had to worry about space since. You can also go up to a 7200 RPM model as well if you so desire.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']MAG will be $10 shovelware by this holiday season, it goes for $17.42 on Amazon right now, so I'm hoping for something better....[/QUOTE]

Price isn't what determines "shovelware."

[quote name='oasisboy']And spend over $1k for a powerful PC that can actually play games?

So does someone have an official term for this PSN collapse?

XBOX 360 = RROD
PSN outage = ????[/QUOTE]

RROD died last year

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It better come on tuesday. Otherwise I am going to have to drag a 50 foot ethernet cable to my dad's x-box to download it.[/QUOTE]You're going to need that cable... Sorry.

Even if PSN comes up the store isn't going to be up for a good long while after that... No demos, no digital games, no redeeming codes for Mortal Kombat/SOCOM 4, etc.

Its going to suck for allot longer before Sony gets their mess fixed.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']You're going to need that cable... Sorry.

Even if PSN comes up the store isn't going to be up for a good long while after that... No demos, no digital games, no redeeming codes for Mortal Kombat/SOCOM 4, etc.

Its going to suck for allot longer before Sony gets their mess fixed.[/QUOTE]

I didn't redeem my code for mk. Surely it still lets you do that... I hope to god it does. I know it requires the store, but they will have it where it does that at least? Doubtful I know.

Honestly, I just use my PS3 as a dvd player to Picture in picture while I play on my xbox. That isn't a slam on PS3 it's just due to the fact I started on my 360 and it what my friends use. The PS3 does have a piece of shit controller though (that's a slam on the ps3). The only reason I'm looking forward to PSN coming back on it the sweet gifts. They way I see it, the longer they are down, the sweeter the gifts. If I get persona 3 portable, all is forgiven.

[quote name='jman619']I didn't redeem my code for mk. Surely it still lets you do that... I hope to god it does. I know it requires the store, but they will have it where it does that at least? Doubtful I know.[/QUOTE]
Its redeem at the OS level (aka redeem code from the 360 dash board or within the PSN Store) not from within the game... which means... yup, store access is needed on the PS3. :cry:

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Its redeem at the OS level (aka redeem code from the 360 dash board or within the PSN Store) not from within the game... which means... yup, store access is needed on the PS3. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I thought so. I remember the store comes up, but maybe they have a way around it... Yeah I think I'm screwed.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Me? not really... I got a Socom 4 Pro code to redeem myself.[/QUOTE]

No, not you. Just the people who pop in here with no business at all besides trollin'.

fffuuu.jpg

[quote name='oasisboy']And spend over $1k for a powerful PC that can actually play games?[/QUOTE]

Please...you can build a good gaming PC for $400-$500. So tired of this excuse.

[quote name='SEH']Please...you can build a good gaming PC for $400-$500. So tired of this excuse.[/QUOTE]
This.
I plan on building a PC for $600 and it'll be able to run Crysis 2 at mid-graphics. Not that I have any interest in C2, mind you...

[quote name='SEH']Please...you can build a good gaming PC for $3400-$4500. So tired of this excuse.[/QUOTE]

Fix'd.

I'd rather buy a car.

Does anyone know if there's a way I can copy files I have already downloaded on my PS3 (such as PSOne Classics and PSP games) to my PSP without signing on to the PSN?

[quote name='Skizye']Does anyone know if there's a way I can copy files I have already downloaded on my PS3 (such as PSOne Classics and PSP games) to my PSP without signing on to the PSN?[/QUOTE]

i think you have to be signed in to do it i dont get why but thats the way it is.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']MAG will be $10 shovelware by this holiday season, it goes for $17.42 on Amazon right now, so I'm hoping for something better...[/QUOTE]

Uh.. MAG is FAR from Shovelware. It's an extremely competent shooter that also touts the biggest community on the PS3. People hate on it because it's not all about you and your KTD ratio, it's actually a team based shooter that requires you actually contribute to your TEAM in order to be successful. That said, it's unbalanced as shit (SVER has a HUGE advantage most of the time) but it's still a lot of fun to play.

If by fun you mean frustrating, then yes MAG is fun as hell. For a while I would just camp at the base and slash my teammates when they respawned there for teh lulz. Otherwise it was just a neverending cycle of me being picked off by people who had sniper rifles.:roll:

[quote name='xilly']Uh.. MAG is FAR from Shovelware. It's an extremely competent shooter that also touts the biggest community on the PS3. People hate on it because it's not all about you and your KTD ratio, it's actually a team based shooter that requires you actually contribute to your TEAM in order to be successful. That said, it's unbalanced as shit (SVER has a HUGE advantage most of the time) but it's still a lot of fun to play.[/QUOTE]

MAG will always be my number one multiplayer FPS. When you get into a clan, that actually works together the balancing issues disappear. I was with the Valor MVP clan for a long time and we never lost a match, we had the opposing team completely leave games because we dominated so hard.

When all the maps went faction neutral, SVER started losing contracts left and right.

[quote name='SEH']Please...you can build a good gaming PC for $400-$500. So tired of this excuse.[/QUOTE]

Realistically you're looking at $600 min. for a GOOD gaming PC. I built mine back in 2009, when memory was cheaper, and I reused an HDD. Add on another $100 for a 20"23" monitor if you're building this from scratch. I also bought a lower-end case for $25. Make that number $40-50 for a nice case (on sale). I also only have a 430w PSU and 1 graphics card. Most people these days will budget in a PSU that can handle 2 graphics cards, just for the sake of upgradability, something I didn't take into considering when I built my (first) rig 2 years ago.

Just sayin'.

Now, if you're able to possibly use some of your current parts that you have from a DELL, maybe $400-500, but that's still pushing it...

[quote name='Brainberry']Gaming PC's are only good when they can max out any game.

500-600? nope 1000 if you get lucky with parts.[/QUOTE]

I agree.
And I'm certain we're all speaking about building a system from scratch. No re-using your old HDD or case.

A high-end Nvidia/ATI card is how much these days? (not including SLi or Cross-Fire)

$700-$800 brand new cannot run max graphics on a decent size monitor and resolution.

So I discovered one major flaw with the PSN being down. I store some of the PSP games I bought on the PS3 for space reasons. So today I wanted to play a singleplayer PSP game. Turns out I can't transfer the fucker to my PSP until the PSN comes back up. The fuck sony? I can't even transfer games I spent money on?

I mean I am fine that I don't have online. I am not fine that I can't play my god damn PSP games. fuck...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So I discovered one major flaw with the PSN being down. I store some of the PSP games I bought on the PS3 for space reasons. So today I wanted to play a singleplayer PSP game. Turns out I can't transfer the fucker to my PSP until the PSN comes back up. The fuck sony? I can't even transfer games I spent money on?

I mean I am fine that I don't have online. I am not fine that I can't play my god damn PSP games. fuck...[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing and I'm getting pretty frustrated with this, there's no reason I can think of that you should have to sign onto your PSN account to transfer a game you've already downloaded.

[quote name='VipFREAK']No more update titles? I was enjoying them. :([/QUOTE]

It's been so long we've run out of titles...:cry:

[quote name='VipFREAK']No more update titles? I was enjoying them. :([/QUOTE]

I nominate the following:

Day ??: Icanhascheeseburger is online but PSN isn't? WTF???
Day ??: Where's your fanboys to save you now?
Day ??: Kevin Butler's unemployment benefits will expire before PSN comes back.
Day ??: PSN: It only does ongoing repairs.
Day ??: PSN: It's still only doing ongoing repairs.
Day ??: All your ongoing repairs are belonging to PSN.
Day ??: Sorry this thread had to be closed and restarted elsewhere because the post count exceeded the limits but PSN still isnt fixed yet thread.

Feel free to use any of these. I was bored and though I would help.

[quote name='Skizye']I do the same thing and I'm getting pretty frustrated with this, there's no reason I can think of that you should have to sign onto your PSN account to transfer a game you've already downloaded.[/QUOTE]
If you didn't have to sign in then you could theoretically transfer that game to ever PSP in the world. /hyperbole

True story: My friend recieved a $50 PSN card from a family member the day PSN went down, it's pretty sucky that he has the card sitting in his room, waiting for the day PSN comes back on..

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So I discovered one major flaw with the PSN being down. I store some of the PSP games I bought on the PS3 for space reasons. So today I wanted to play a singleplayer PSP game. Turns out I can't transfer the fucker to my PSP until the PSN comes back up. The fuck sony? I can't even transfer games I spent money on?

I mean I am fine that I don't have online. I am not fine that I can't play my god damn PSP games. fuck...[/QUOTE]

at least some of your psn games didnt revert back to demo status. so with psn down i cant redownload the key to open them up again lol. yay for me!!!!! fuckin hell sony give us an update already!!!!ignoring us doesnt make psn come up any quicker.

[quote name='Seifer']True story: My friend recieved a $50 PSN card from a family member the day PSN went down, it's pretty sucky that he has the card sitting in his room, waiting for the day PSN comes back on..[/QUOTE]

True story: I was just about to get $115 worth of PSN games that day PSN went down. my money ($50) is my account and I have no idea if something could have happened to it.

[quote name='Spyder187']I nominate the following:

Day ??: Sorry this thread had to be closed and restarted elsewhere because the post count exceeded the limits but PSN still isnt fixed yet thread.
[/QUOTE]

That was like a Letterman Top Ten, only with actual some funny included.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']If you didn't have to sign in then you could theoretically transfer that game to ever PSP in the world. /hyperbole[/QUOTE]

Good point. Is there something to stop you from doing that even when you're signed in on the PS3 though? I don't completely understand how it works but it seems like you could still transfer it to whoever you want, unless Sony has limited the amount of times you can copy the file :???:

[quote name='Spyder187']I nominate the following:

Feel free to use any of these. I was bored and though I would help.[/QUOTE]

I just may use one of these. I was really busy Friday. Sorry guys.

I like how the topic titles seem to be becoming "sadder".

First few days: Jokes
After mothers Day: Should be up soon!
Now: another day without psn.

When do we get to the anger stage?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']If you didn't have to sign in then you could theoretically transfer that game to ever PSP in the world. /hyperbole[/QUOTE]
They could have a check on the PSP and the PS3 account. I have one account on my PS3 and well one PSP. They could in theory have an offline check to see if both have been linked before.

[quote name='Brainberry']Gaming PC's are only good when they can max out any game.

500-600? nope 1000 if you get lucky with parts.[/QUOTE]

some serious PC bias here...

Maximum PC always does a cheap Power rig for around $500 that will do as much or greator than any console at any time.

PC games don't have to even be maxed to still look better than any console.

Plus... instead of the PS3 mantra, PC can/will/do everything and then some.

I've been sitting on this Yggdra Union PSN code I got with Knights in the Nightmare... but it's useless, I just got it on the first day it went down :cry:

[quote name='Seifer']True story: My friend recieved a $50 PSN card from a family member the day PSN went down, it's pretty sucky that he has the card sitting in his room, waiting for the day PSN comes back on..[/QUOTE]

Hah, that's nothing. I bought $120 worth of PSN cards from Kmart to qualify for their deal several weeks back (spend $120 on gaming items, get $60 in coupons back) - there were no regular games I wanted at the time so that was the easiest thing to get. Plus I had gotten a few cards from earlier Kmart sales (so probably another $40 worth sitting in a drawer somewhere). And I had about $45 sitting on my account. I figured it was worth getting a bunch because I'd want to renew PS+ when it expires after summer (I started day one). But I guess now I'll get a couple of months for free ;).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/

Ye gads! We're moving along!
We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and will available soon.
If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.
We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

According to Twitter it's now live.

bread's done
Back