PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

I'm downloading inFamous as we speak, but the question remains.....Super Stardust or LBP (is there still a community online for it anymore?)........i have everything else.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I thought Cheapest wasn't going to bother with PS+ or any of the free games because it's too much hassle to deal with?[/QUOTE]
I'll always be there when there's free shit I might actually use being handed out.:razz: But the selection of games is kinda sucktacular and all of these errors n shit means Sony was NOT E to put their store back up yet, let alone put out the WB program as of yet.

And yes, I made reference to one of Sony's old slogans in order to insult this lackluster attempt at putting the store up.;)
[quote name='lokizz']thats pretty amusing coming from you being that youve been so vocally against sony and their wb program and yet here you are dling the free stuff lol. you do realize how big of a hypocrite that makes you right?[/QUOTE]
I never said I wasn't a hypocrite, did I?:razz: Besides which, I bemoan their system and the price gouging they did this gen all the time, yet I still own not one, not two but THREE of the PS3.

Don't try and figure me out, your head'll explode.:razz:

[quote name='laaj']This has happened to my second game.

Can't even enter Account Management with the error message.[/QUOTE]

happened to me too on my second game

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So if you don't download any of the free shit or take advantage of the PS+ by July 3rd, then you lose it all.

Nice to know Sony is putting such a rigid timeframe on everything and considering there's millions and millions of PS3's out there(not all connected to PSN though, thankfully) there's gonna be a LOT of people who are gonna be royally fucked over because of this time limiting bullshit.:roll:

Way to go Sony.:applause: Good job on limiting the amount of $$$ ya have to lose because your network is still fucked and can't handle the strain of everyone trying to grab their free shit now.[/QUOTE]You don't even have to download the games now. All you have to do in this month is go into the welcome back program and choose the games you want, then you own them forever. I don't see how a lot of people are going to get fucked over since in probably 2-3 days the PSN will be fine.

if its free....why not?

oh and if you guys are having trouble...follow this guy...

If you're having an issue with the free game choice disappearing after an error, just go to Account Management on the XMB to make your picks:

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion

[quote name='GTmaster39']I'm downloading inFamous as we speak, but the question remains.....Super Stardust or LBP (is there still a community online for it anymore?)........i have everything else.[/QUOTE]
Dunno about LBP's community, but you can bet it'll get a big bump since it's being offered for free.

Really for LBP though, you don't need to play with people online except for a couple trophies.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']You don't even have to download the games now. All you have to do in this month is go into the welcome back program and choose the games you want, then you own them forever. I don't see how a lot of people are going to get fucked over since in probably 2-3 days the PSN will be fine.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I selected Dead Nation(over 1000mb's wtf:bomb:) and LBP(2k mbs) and the funny thing is my free game 2 is still showing on the store, so it may be possible to get THREE games if it keeps glitching like this.;)

Hey guys,

I am only a PSP owner. I would really like to download my free games. However, when I try to access the store on my device, it says I need to change my password. I then follow the webpage it gives me, where it says "PSN is down for maintenance".

Is there any way to change my password and get my games? (Remember I don't have a PS3 to change it on)

[quote name='bearhawk72']Dunno about LBP's community, but you can bet it'll get a big bump since it's being offered for free.

Really for LBP though, you don't need to play with people online except for a couple trophies.[/QUOTE]

That was one of my main concerns was if I could still grab those online trophies. But like you said with everyone downloading it now it shouldn't really be an issue.

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's definitely still a community in LBP.[/QUOTE]

Sweet!

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's definitely still a community in LBP.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, too bad they're all sock puppets. ZING!

Does anyone know why infamous isn't showing up for me? Maybe having to do with downloading the free full game trail (but not buying it)? I still have game 2 to get but it doesn't show as an option.

[quote name='Wez455']Does anyone know why infamous isn't showing up for me? Maybe having to do with downloading the free full game trail (but not buying it)? I still have game 2 to get but it doesn't show as an option.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wez455']Does anyone know why infamous isn't showing up for me? Maybe having to do with downloading the free full game trail (but not buying it)? I still have game 2 to get but it doesn't show as an option.[/QUOTE]

I think that's why unfortunately

Lost both my PSP free games. There was an Error on Free 1 and on FREE 2 it went fine but it wont let me select anything?

What can be done now?

[quote name='kaydigi']Lost both my PSP free games. There was an Error on Free 1 and on FREE 2 it went fine but it wont let me select anything?

What can be done now?[/QUOTE]
THIS is what can be done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEiRmXTyE3w

Only problem is you'd have to travel to Japan to wing a wingtip at someone from Sony.;)

Seriously though, try as others have said: Go to Account Management, Transaction Management, Services List, then finally SCEA Promotion to re-select the games.

If you tried it from there and lost them from there, I'd say to try going to the promo on the store then.

[quote name='kaydigi']Lost both my PSP free games. There was an Error on Free 1 and on FREE 2 it went fine but it wont let me select anything?

What can be done now?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So if you don't download any of the free shit or take advantage of the PS+ by July 3rd, then you lose it all.

Nice to know Sony is putting such a rigid timeframe on everything and considering there's millions and millions of PS3's out there(not all connected to PSN though, thankfully) there's gonna be a LOT of people who are gonna be royally fucked over because of this time limiting bullshit.:roll:[/QUOTE]

You have a bloody month to pick your free shit out. If you can't be bothered to do that in 30 days that's your own damn fault.

[quote name='EspressoSnail']You have a bloody month to pick your free shit out. If you can't be bothered to do that in 30 days that's your own damn fault.[/QUOTE]
In his defense, the store was down longer than that.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Woot, DLing my first game now.

On a side note, has anyone confirmed if you can do it on more than one account?[/QUOTE]

This is the big question and I'm surprised no one has done this and confirmed it one way or the other yet!

Personally, I'm waiting until late tonight to try to download anything - hoping things go smoother then.

But as far as I can see, the offer is 2 games per person (ie, account). I have 3 people in my household active with PSN (me and my 2 boys). I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to pick out whatever games they want. If it is tied to the system, somehow, then I do have 2 of them so hopefully that would mean at least 4 of the 5 games could be downloaded.

That reminds me, I'll have to get my dad to download the free games on his system. He never plays games on it but he might as well get the freebies for the rare times that I visit there ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']This is the big question and I'm surprised no one has done this and confirmed it one way or the other yet!

Personally, I'm waiting until late tonight to try to download anything - hoping things go smoother then.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ill check in a minute then. I just want to get my 2nd DL started first

[quote name='io']This is the big question and I'm surprised no one has done this and confirmed it one way or the other yet!

Personally, I'm waiting until late tonight to try to download anything - hoping things go smoother then.[/QUOTE]
It works, as I got Infamous and Wipeout on my main account and LBP from an alt account. Tonight might get worse since there's an update coming in a few hours.

On a side note, has anyone confirmed if you can do it on more than one account?[/QUOTE]

you can ive dled all the games through 2 accounts and some of the eu stuff. i dont think the japanese stuff is up yet.

[quote name='EspressoSnail']You have a bloody month to pick your free shit out. If you can't be bothered to do that in 30 days that's your own damn fault.[/QUOTE]
Actually I already picked out LBP and Dead Nation(as mentioned above) and I'm even doing the two PSP games, even though I'll likely NEVER buy a PSP unless it's some used one for $40 from CL.

But I do find it funny that with so many millions of PS3's in the U.S. that they're only giving a month to do this program, especially with all of the crashing/error screens going on now with people trying to redeem this offer.:roll:

So some people will definitely get fucked outta this because they'll probably just give up after trying a couple of times and getting a shitton of error screens.:whistle2:# As for me, I'd have kept trying till doomsday to get free shit, especially from $ony. God knows they overprice everything else they sell, so better run and get free shit when they're offering it.;)

Confirmed.
I Downloaded 2 of them on my main account and one on my little brother's account. (which is linked to mine)
Tried all 3 games after installing and they work fine.

I started downloading my first free game (inFAMOUS) then went to the second one and it tried and now says it's unavailable or something then it erased the thing for game 2 so there's no way of getting it.

Anyone else have something like this happen?

[quote name='fmwross2']I started downloading my first free game (inFAMOUS) then went to the second one and it tried and now says it's unavailable or something then it erased the thing for game 2 so there's no way of getting it.

Anyone else have something like this happen?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It works, as I got Infamous and Wipeout on my main account and LBP from an alt account. Tonight might get worse since there's an update coming in a few hours.[/QUOTE]

What are you expecting to get worse? You just mean network traffic?

[quote name='GTmaster39']Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion[/QUOTE]

Thanks, was coming in to ask the same thing. :D

i cant lie the main reason i rushed to put everything in my dl dealy was on the off chance something happaned and the games werent available anymore or for a long time. you never know btw whats goign to be coming with the next update? and how much longer till the jap store is up?

Yeah there were people on other forums saying to hold off because of the rush but it went live on a Friday afternoon so the rush will last through the weekend at least and then there's the further updates.

Has anyone tried to redeem any of the 100 Home items? It's awful. You have to manually add the items, only some are in bundles, the cart has a small item limit, and then the checkout just fails over and over anyways if you can even make it that far or add items to the cart in the first place. All of that might not be so bad if it actually saved your shopping cart but, of course, it doesn't. Not one item nabbed so I gave up after 30 minutes or so.

For the PS3 and PSP freebies I can understand giving people a choice and using manual redemptions but why not just dump the Home stuff on every account and make it seamless for the users?

[quote name='lokizz']i cant lie the main reason i rushed to put everything in my dl dealy was on the off chance something happaned and the games werent available anymore or for a long time. you never know btw whats goign to be coming with the next update? and how much longer till the jap store is up?[/QUOTE]
Same here. I figure I can always wait till after the next fw update and/or everybody else downloads their shit, then just set my PS3 to download one or both of the free PS3 games while I go out for a couple of hours or so.

As for the next update, I predict more fluff and/or maybe CROSS GAME CHAT.:whee: I hope to fuck Sony gives the whiners that shit already, so I can stop reading messages begging for it on their blog every time an update comes out.:roll:

I'm mad that I don't have a Japanese PSN account.... I only have a US and Uk account- and the offers are practically the same! BLAH!

I want LocoRoco Midnight Carnival! I already have the US/UK PSP games..... grr!

I need to change my password (just taken the last update) but I keep getting an error when I try and change it, is this likely due to the network traffic ?

EDIT - *sigh* never mind, after fighting it for a bit I managed to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get Super Stardust HD after clicking through 30-40 error screens and eventually going through the SCEA Promotion route.

I also got Infamous "purchased" on my son's account so he can actually download it later. it kept erroring out on the download but it shows the red shopping bag so it should be registered to his account like any normal purchase. Then I tried to get LBP for my other son and I couldn't get anywhere because of the error screens - so it has gotten worse in the last few hours even. I couldn't even download the free Pixel theme for him.

For those wondering how the free month of PS+ works - it looks like you have to active that like the free game offers. So that gives people some flexiblity as I assume the 30 days starts once you active it - so you may want to wait a few weeks on that.

Ah, so this is why I can't log in, I keep getting an error...

Just remember that with multiple accounts, you can DL all the games, but some multiplayer capability needs to work across different accounts. I think Wipeout, LBP and DeadNation all support 4(+)-player, but only 2 on splitscreen.
In any case, I've got a month to put the games in my queue, no rush to download tonight with all the network traffic.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Ah, so this is why I can't log in, I keep getting an error...

Just remember that with multiple accounts, you can DL all the games, but some multiplayer capability needs to work across different accounts. I think Wipeout, LBP and DeadNation all support 4(+)-player, but only 2 on splitscreen.
In any case, I've got a month to put the games in my queue, no rush to download tonight with all the network traffic.[/QUOTE]

LBP is 4 player local (no split screen - you just share the same screen).

Well as it stands now there is nothing but the free pixel theme in the welcome back section on my store screen and i haven't got any games. Just 3 errors and 1 ps3 freeze but i was able to buy Dragon's Lair last night and download the pixel theme today. Seriously wipeout hd and thefury dlc are way better than infamous. I believe wipeout is in 3d now and i can imagine how cool the zone battles, and the new shooting mode where you shoot mines and bombs in 3d would be. One of the few 1080p 60fps games with custom soundtracks.

I had to go through 50 or more error messages and it didn't show that it was successful at redeeming the welcome back package on my EU account.. I only knew it was successful when the welcome back icon disappeared from the store. Had to go through account management/services to redeem the games that I wanted. Waiting for the games to finish downloading then I'll switch to my US account and download 2 from there.

For anyone else, I'd recommend waiting a bit until the network is more stable. It's gonna cause headaches trying to download them now.

PSP: Killzone Liberation and Modnation Racers
PS3: Dead Nation and Wipeout HD + Fury (Just for Fury)
PS+: Every Avatar and Theme, almost all of the DLC (will get the rest later)

I'll get my EU stuff later.

Started downloading inFamous at 4:45pm, it's now 8:42pm and there's been just 848mb downloaded so far....this is going to take days.

I'll probably grab LBP and Dead Nation though it is unlikely I will ever play either. The only one I might have had any interest in was Infamous and I already own that.

A few Quick questions

1 ) To those getting PSP games, did you have to register your system to be able to access them or can you do it from the PS3 store (or do I have to get them from the PC/PSP store?)

2 ) Frisky, any word when Outland is coming to the US store? It's on the UK store, but it's the full game in demo form that unlocks via unlock key, and I don't want to have to D/L it twice since it'll take me more than a little while to get it again.

bread's done
Back