PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='Backlash']Believe it or not, I want PSN to play Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. Gonna play that a bunch when it comes back up.[/QUOTE]

Very cool game. I also plan to revisit it once it's up.

[quote name='xilly']Did you guys ever stop to ask what the 8 games were? You're also assuming he started from scratch. There are a lot of games out there that are an extremely easy and short platinum. God of War 1, 2, and 3 all take maybe 10-12 hours to Platinum, X-Blades takes about 10 hours, Heavy Rain takes about 18 hours, Last Rebellion takes maybe 8 hours at max, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine takes about 20 hours, and those are just platinums I have gotten off the top of my head. That's 7 platinums from start to finish in around 92 hours of gaming, which sounds like a lot until you consider 3 weeks is like 540 hours of time. That's like 4-5 hours a day gaming, which most of us do already.[/QUOTE]

You'd be right... if the original post about it didn't mention that the plats were for JRPGS. Please read the whole thing before commenting. Thanks.

This is sad. I bought Uncharted as one of my first games when I bought the PS3 3 YEARS AGO. (Traded the 40GB Fat to 120 GB Slim last year)

And now, I'm finally starting to play it.

[quote name='dannyox718']You'd be right... if the original post about it didn't mention that the plats were for JRPGS. Please read the whole thing before commenting. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to show me where that was, if that's not too much trouble, while rushing to reply with your shitty little snide remarks.

[quote name='xilly']Feel free to show me where that was, if that's not too much trouble, while rushing to reply with your shitty little snide remarks.[/QUOTE]

If I recall, he did mention something about JRPG's being platinumed. He has since then edited the post, but when he first did it I do recall him mentioning like 7 of 8 were JRPGs.

I could be wrong though.

[quote name='4thHorseman']If I recall, he did mention something about JRPG's being platinumed. He has since then edited the post, but when he first did it I do recall him mentioning like 7 of 8 were JRPGs.

I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

No you are right, it did say most were JRPGs, funny it was edited.

[quote name='4thHorseman']If I recall, he did mention something about JRPG's being platinumed. He has since then edited the post, but when he first did it I do recall him mentioning like 7 of 8 were JRPGs.

I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

this is completely off topic and i am sorry but in your sig it looks like batman and superman are fighting the same monster dump.

[quote name='chimpian']this is completely off topic and i am sorry but in your sig it looks like batman and superman are fighting the same monster dump.[/QUOTE]

I actually like the DCUO cover, granted the YGC staff could have zoomed out on the art for the card.

Oh well, YGC is shutting down on Monday so you won't have to worry about the card anymore. *sad*

[quote name='vlv723']This is sad. I bought Uncharted as one of my first games when I bought the PS3 3 YEARS AGO. (Traded the 40GB Fat to 120 GB Slim last year)

And now, I'm finally starting to play it.[/QUOTE]

I bought the 80 GB Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle 3 years ago and just finally played thru the game a few weeks ago...

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']I bought the 80 GB Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle 3 years ago and just finally played thru the game a few weeks ago...[/QUOTE]

lol i had that bundle too and i couldnt stand that game. once i beat it i was done it wasnt a fun enough experience to me to warrant another playthrough. i didnt like the mp either it took way more work than it should have to sign up to do it ( which i still dont get why game companies make you do that ) and it felt like it played really slowly. i wonder if people still play it online.

[quote name='SpeedNut']If they could pull this off before the weekend it'll be impressive. Building a global network from scratch in a new datacenter with new hardware (presumed to keep the forensic work on the old system intact) in under a month is nothing short of amazing.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I am certain they had something along those lines in the making. I wish I can recall which blog playstation posted, but they did mention they were building a new datacenter prior to the intrusion. I doubt they're doing all of this from scratch. (leasing agreements, contracts, power usage/consumption mapping, duct work for cooling the servers, etc etc) They're probablly scrambling to dust the place and put in the last light bulbs. :D

Tomorrows FRIDAY... Let's hope.

if you want an update check the blogs. PSX said there is no timeline for restoration of services. That means it maybe beyond MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently according to a few forums, its already up for developers. Despite being buggy.

So that either means they are trying to make thier products compatible with new PSN, or Sony is trusting them to test out the stuff for us.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Especially Arcana Heart, was planning to buy it, though since BBCS2 is due out tommorow, i think ill save myself the 30$.[/QUOTE]

I've had a review code for AH3 since it first went down that I'm still waiting to review so I feel your pain.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Apparently according to a few forums, its already up for developers. Despite being buggy.

So that either means they are trying to make thier products compatible with new PSN, or Sony is trusting them to test out the stuff for us.[/QUOTE]

Either way it would be nice if they gave us some sort of update that was useful and not just saying they don't know what is going on.
:pray:
Hopefully soon.

[quote name='xilly']I've had a review code for AH3 since it first went down that I'm still waiting to review so I feel your pain.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you then, you still get it free either way ^_^.

Maybe it will be up before the upcoming rapture and I can be saved by the PSN. You know that starts May 21. Maybe I just won't be one of the chosen ones and I will be forced to live in hell. My next big date after that is December 21, 2012 - hopefully by then. I mean, the Mayan's were always right....maybe they can give us an answer. Maybe people should search for them while the PSN is down.

Certainly the PSN being down is a sign of the apocalypse. I'm shocked everyone doesn't realize that already.

Lol, forgot that the rapture was coming. Then again, doesnt the rapture get "claimed" to occur every year?

Also, i thought if you didnt get "Rapture'd", you still have a chance to get into heaven, you just have to get "Martyr'd" for your belief. (By whoever takes over, or whatever). That or just luck out and survive through the whole thing

PS3 trade-ins reported much higher now that the PSN is down. Some ppl are so impatient. But sure enough, once Uncharted 3 comes out, all those people who traded their PS3 away will be all like "ZOMG!!! I need to play it! Looking for a cheap PS3!!!"

[quote name='oasisboy']This thread not worth my time with all the side comments... back to Black Ops on XBOX LIVE...[/QUOTE]

Polish your trolling skills.

[quote name='xilly']Polish your trolling skills.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Also, people are pretty damn impatient. Why trade a console you have tons of games on, for a new one that your probally gonna regret the moment PSN comes back

360s can be had for pretty cheap too if you really look around. Definitely worth picking one up (Mass Effect, Gears, Fable, Alan Wake are all amazing off the top of my head), but not at the expense of your PS3.

[quote name='Saint Noir']360s can be had for pretty cheap too if you really look around. Definitely worth picking one up (Mass Effect, Gears, Fable, Alan Wake are all amazing off the top of my head), but not at the expense of your PS3.[/QUOTE]

Or play them on PC...

[quote name='dgwillia006']Agreed.

Also, people are pretty damn impatient. Why trade a console you have tons of games on, for a new one that your probally gonna regret the moment PSN comes back

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Or play them on PC...[/QUOTE]

this.

I'd get a 360, but seeing as I'm still underage and my parents are relics, there's no way I'd be able to play any GOOD game on it because they're all fucking M rated...

[quote name='Oaxan']this.

I'd get a 360, but seeing as I'm still underage and my parents are relics, there's no way I'd be able to play any GOOD game on it because they're all fucking M rated...[/QUOTE]

It's pretty stupid to say all good games are M rated.

[quote name='Oaxan']this.

I'd get a 360, but seeing as I'm still underage and my parents are relics, there's no way I'd be able to play any GOOD game on it because they're all fucking M rated...[/QUOTE]

The sorrows of being a child. Im still mad that i NEVER got a Super Nintendo when i was growing up :(.

I personally tend to hate playing on PC... work on computer too much as it is... like to sit on the couch and relax if I am gaming. I do make exceptions of course... TF2 on PC is a must for me. As will Diablo III. But PC games that makes me play on PC are rare. :lol:

[quote name='Organization_XIII']It's pretty stupid to say all good games are M rated.[/QUOTE]
Can you honestly name 5 good games that aren't M rated, aren't Multiplat and aren't for little kids?
If I were to get one, I'd need enough games to justify such a purchase.

Well, you kind of have a point. Then again, damn near everything is turning into T/M rated games lately. Personally i was playing GTA when i was barely 12 and 13 (Mostly due to an awesome older brother)

As far as 360 games go, off the top of my head theres quite a few epic/awesome RPGs/JRPG's that arent M rated, like Lost Oddysey and Tales of Vesperia. (Blue Dragon, Infinite Indiscovery, and Last Remnant are also quite good depending on your style)

[quote name='Oaxan']Can you honestly name 5 good games that aren't M rated, aren't Multiplat and aren't for little kids?
If I were to get one, I'd need enough games to justify such a purchase.[/QUOTE]

He's got a point. Almost all of the decent 360 exclusives are M rated. Alan Wake, Gears, Halo, 99 Nights..

Decent that aren't M though? Uh.. I'd say Forza 3, Too Human (fuck off haters it was fun), Kameo, Viva Pinata, and maybe Blue Dragon? If you included XBLA games I could think of a lot more, but as far as retail goes.. there's not a lot of options.

[quote name='dgwillia006']As far as 360 games go, off the top of my head theres quite a few epic/awesome RPGs/JRPG's that arent M rated, like Lost Oddysey and Tales of Vesperia. (Blue Dragon, Infinite Indiscovery, and Last Remnant are also quite good depending on your style)[/QUOTE]

Tales is definitely a good choice. Last Remnant was M, btw. :p

[quote name='Oaxan']Can you honestly name 5 good games that aren't M rated, aren't Multiplat and aren't for little kids?

both ratchet and clanks

mod nation racers

the sly cooper collection

little big planet 1 and 2

gt5

infamous

uncharted 1 and 2

3d dot game heros

afrika

heavenly sword

the 3 motorstorm games

[quote name='Saint Noir']Do games like Shadow Complex and Limbo count?[/QUOTE]

I'd assume XBLA games would count. And there are QUITE a few awesome ones. I personally have almost a hundred on my HD xD. Then again, buying tons of XBLA games could get pretty expensive, and doesnt seem like a reason for a console swap.

Personally, i got a 360 first (Mainly for Halo 3), then built my collection from there. A year later after MGS4 and Disgaea 3 came out, i ended up getting a PS3.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']It's pretty stupid to say all good games are M rated.[/QUOTE]

Of the big exclusives I can think of:
Halo + spinoffs = M
Mass effect = M
Gears of Wars 1 + 2 = M
Fable 1 + 2 = M
Dead Rising = M
Crackdown 1 + 2= M
Alan Wake = T
Forza = E

So...2

edit:
Looking at Wikipedia:
Dead or Alive 4 = M
Metro 2033 = M
Ninety Nine Nights = M
Perfect Dark Zero = M
Prey = M
Project Gothan Racing = E!
Saints Row 1 = M
Lost Odyssey = T!

So I hope you like racing games because that's half the games you can play...

bread's done
Back