PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

Without the Welcome Back program being up yet its useless for me personally to log into the store. However, this is great news for everyone who is looking to redeem codes that have been sitting idle for 1+ months.

P.S. I wonder when the First Strike maps for Black Ops will come out? The maps were basically waiting on the PSN store to be back online to launch!?

I did a hard drive upgrade right around the time that PSN went down and only transferred my saves thinking that I'd just re-download all of my other content.

So yeah not fun and it really blows when you go to play some offline single player game only to find out that the save relied upon some piece of content you no longer have.

In the store now. Too bad I can't redeem my Brink DLC, blasted fake codes.

Trying to buy that Crysis 2 Map Pack as well and it's erroring out. It let me add funds to the wallet though.

EDIT: Got it working, I guess downloading a demo first kinda did the trick.....weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the store about 40 minutes ago and it's just too buggy for my liking right now. I can only imagine the crash that's gonna happen once they announce the Welcome Back program is open and available.:roll:

Every time I click download, it tries for a bit then says an error occurred. I try a second time and it says it again, only this time, the controller is unresponsive. Hopefully traffic dies down soon so I can download the inFAMOUS and The Fight demos.

Meh, let the meltdown begin: Getting either 'An error occurred #$%##%%' or 'PSN undergoing maintenance' messages. Maybe they're just doing a partial test to determine just how badly the s#** is going to hit the fan when everyone tries to log in.

Damnit, figures the day the store comes back up I'm not at home. Oh well, I guess it's better this way since I can't complain about server overload (hopefully). :p

Well the store is up. How do you claim your free games? I got in, and didnt see any special messages so I added dead nation and wipeout hd to my cart but it still lists them as normal price.

So wonderful, we can expect the next few days of the store being down to sony not being able to handle everyone downloading shit at once :lol:.

Seriously though glad it is up, gotta try that red faction demo tonight or well before next tuesday, depending on whenever the PSN decided to work, lol.

From what I can tell- it's adding the stuff to your DL history when it fails, it's just not starting the automatic download. check your purchases and see if the stuff is there.

cool, installing the new store software for Media Go. hopefully i'll be able to use my LA Noire DLC and my back to the future eps!

[quote name='gargus']Well the store is up. How do you claim your free games? I got in, and didnt see any special messages so I added dead nation and wipeout hd to my cart but it still lists them as normal price.[/QUOTE]

Patience, my friend. The 'Welcome Back' program has not started.

I just wish people would read and research before posting. The "Welcome Back" program is not up until shortly after everything is up and running. It is on their blog, it has been said 100000 times already. Patience is a virtue. Unfortunately, most don't have that virtue.
:roll:

From the PlayStation Blog:

You may have noticed that the content promised as part of the Welcome Back offer is not yet live. It is currently in the final stages of testing and will be available to download soon; we’ll be sure to let you know when. The next PlayStation Store and PlayStation Plus update will be this Friday, June 3, and then we will roll right into some special publishes starting next week for E3 (so be sure to check back daily!)

There. Any question on it should be answered in that blog entry.

[quote name='IRHari']Anyone know if the freebies will stay in your download queue? I'd really hate if it was like fl0w, where you could DL it free but it disappeared from your queue list. If my PSN gets busted up I'd like to buy a new one and DL all my shit again.[/QUOTE]
That's because fl0w wasn't supposed to be free IIRC. It was a mistake and they took it down and removed it from download queues. Obviously they couldn't force you to uninstall it, though.

Wish I could sell my free games somehow; really have no desire to play anything they listed.

A quick question for other previous PS+ subscribers- Have the expiration dates on your downloaded games updated to reflect your new expiration date?

Under account details, my + subscription expiration date has updated to correctly reflect the added on 60 days. Likewise, the expiration date of Wipeout (which is listed under services) updated correctly. However, none of the other games (whose expiration date is listed under "information" alongside their entry in the "games" section of the XMB) have properly updated.

[quote name='xmbri']I just wish people would read and research before posting. The "Welcome Back" program is not up until shortly after everything is up and running. It is on their blog, it has been said 100000 times already. Patience is a virtue. Unfortunately, most don't have that virtue.
[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you that people should be patient, Sony has done a poor job of keeping their customers informed. Posting to a blog that almost none of their customers read and many of their customers don't even know about really doesn't cut it. Information about the outage and the Welcome Back program SHOULD have been right on the XMB when PSN came back online. At the very least, information about the store return, the modified update schedule, and the welcome back program should have been sitting in each of our Message Boxes when we logged onto our PS3's this morning.

Sony has so many ways that they could communicate directly with their customers and yet they fail to utilize them.

EDIT: It might just be a temporary blip, but I'm getting the "PSN is down for maintenance" screen again when I try to log-in to the network (the whole network not just the store). Like yesterday's outage, my guess is that if you were already logged in, you are still logged on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, it's not like they don't have access to our email or XMB mail. Every other service I use makes damn sure I know about changes via email or their proprietary messaging system.

I would be careful trying to browse the store with the error messages still popping up. My ps3 froze when one of them popped up and wouldn't shut off (had to hold the power button down). When I turned it back on nothing in my XMB menu would load all I got was empty/blank sections (games, network, photos, music, video, etc..). Can't even read whats in the disc drive. I think my drive is corrupted or something still trying to figure it out but it seems the PSN store bricked my ps3. :cry:

[quote name='xmbri']I just wish people would read and research before posting. The "Welcome Back" program is not up until shortly after everything is up and running. It is on their blog, it has been said 100000 times already. Patience is a virtue. Unfortunately, most don't have that virtue.

From the PlayStation Blog:

You may have noticed that the content promised as part of the Welcome Back offer is not yet live. It is currently in the final stages of testing and will be available to download soon; we’ll be sure to let you know when. The next PlayStation Store and PlayStation Plus update will be this Friday, June 3, and then we will roll right into some special publishes starting next week for E3 (so be sure to check back daily!)

There. Any question on it should be answered in that blog entry.[/QUOTE]

So technically your saying no one should ever ask a question on any forum, ever, because the answer can always be found somewhere else. Right?

I looked at the blog before I asked and I must have not seen it because I tried to find out, didnt know so I had this really stupid idea of "Hey, Ill ask someone because maybe they know the answer and tell me without some sarcastic, smarmy, assholeish reply!" Boy you really proved me wrong!

Then again some people just arent happy till they have a reason to try and sound condescending from behind the safety of their pc for no reason and can roll out a :roll: smiley at someone else.

[quote name='xmbri']You may have noticed that the content promised as part of the Welcome Back offer is not yet live.[/QUOTE]Of course it isn't, Sony. You would rather see if you can get some free sales by people not playing attention... :roll:

[quote name='powersurge']I would be careful trying to browse the store with the error messages still popping up. My ps3 froze when one of them popped up and wouldn't shut off (had to hold the power button down). When I turned it back on nothing in my XMB menu would load all I got was empty/blank sections (games, network, photos, music, video, etc..). Can't even read whats in the disc drive. I think my drive is corrupted or something still trying to figure it out but it seems the PSN store bricked my ps3. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I know when I tried going more than 5-10 down on my list of downloads, the downloads prior to those first dozen or so weren't showing up at all. Then I got the 8071 error and I immediately quit out of the store.

Like I said, I'll let other people be the guinea pigs and test the store out for Sony before I bother going back on there.:booty:

[quote name='mitch079']They should be called whoa-men because they're a bunch of guys who have a goddamned "whoa is me" mentality.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean "woe" not whoa. :applause:

Semi-off topic, but my credit card associated with my PSN account had 5 fraudulent charges on the last 24 hours =(

It's already being taken care of, but still. Not 100% sure it's related, but it probably is.

[quote name='elessar123']Semi-off topic, but my credit card associated with my PSN account had 5 fraudulent charges on the last 24 hours =(

It's already being taken care of, but still. Not 100% sure it's related, but it probably is.[/QUOTE]
I assume you are talking about a card associated with the PSN prior to the relaunch, and not since this morning.

[quote name='elessar123']Semi-off topic, but my credit card associated with my PSN account had 5 fraudulent charges on the last 24 hours =(

It's already being taken care of, but still. Not 100% sure it's related, but it probably is.[/QUOTE]

Visa, Mastercard, Discover and AMEX have all said there hasnt been 1 single fraudulent thing done from the psn cards, so it probably isnt.

My CC info was stolen from monoprice a while back and they used it just recently, and they even made a card to use in person at a walmart on the other side of the US. Probably not 100% related, but it probably is.

store is back up, trying to get my freebies but they are still marked full price, havn't read any posts yet but do i have to check out with the games or are they not free yet?

[quote name='jab1235']store is back up, trying to get my freebies but they are still marked full price, havn't read any posts yet but do i have to check out with the games or are they not free yet?[/QUOTE]

read the posts before asking.. The Welcome Back program hasn't launched yet.

Ahhhhh......finally re-downloaded all my old themes and avatars, which is all I really wanted from the PS Store. Had to get a new PS3 since my old one broke and only being able to use the original theme was sort of annoying.

[quote name='Scorch']read the posts before asking.. The Welcome Back program hasn't launched yet.[/QUOTE]

Why should i read the posts when people will answer it for me! :p

FYI, everything is working for me now (no more errors when trying to DL/purchase games/DLC). IDK if it's because everyone is at work/school or if they fixed whatever was going on this morning (I assume the first one)

[quote name='Zmonkay']FYI, everything is working for me now (no more errors when trying to DL/purchase games/DLC). IDK if it's because everyone is at work/school or if they fixed whatever was going on this morning (I assume the first one)[/QUOTE]

+1
Sadly, nothing I really wanted is up in the U.S. store.
I had to go the UK store to get the Outland and No more Heroes demo. That was at least worth my wait for today.

That free Sega Genesis Dynamic theme is awesome. I think I'm gonna pick up Dragon's Lair and Space Ace today! I thought crash commando was supposed to be the free ps+game this month?

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']I assume you mean "woe" not whoa. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Joey-Lawrence.jpg

Whoa is him.

[quote name='mwynn']Wow even the return of the store does not stop the whining.[/QUOTE]

And people who love to whine about whiners haven't stopped either. :roll:

Yes I'm a whiner who whines about a whiner who whines.

[quote name='Mr. 420']That free Sega Genesis Dynamic theme is awesome. I think I'm gonna pick up Dragon's Lair and Space Ace today! I thought crash commando was supposed to be the free ps+game this month?[/QUOTE]

The stuff that is in there for PS+ appears to be the same stuff that was there before PSN went down a long time back. I already had it all pretty much downloaded.

I also appear to be $15 short on my PSN account wallet. But I am having a really hard time verifying it because they screwed up the download history. There are a ton of PS+ things all dated 5/20/2011 which, of couse, is impossible since the store wasn't operational then. I'm pretty sure I had downloaded all those things previously. But that screws up my ability to review them in the order I downloaded them and see what I might have bought.

Also can't log in from the computer to check my transaction history...

Store's working just fine for me.
My download history is fully intact, my wallet has the same amount of cash as it did before the cash and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

[quote name='io']The stuff that is in there for PS+ appears to be the same stuff that was there before PSN went down a long time back. I already had it all pretty much downloaded.

I also appear to be $15 short on my PSN account wallet. But I am having a really hard time verifying it because they screwed up the download history. There are a ton of PS+ things all dated 5/20/2011 which, of couse, is impossible since the store wasn't operational then. I'm pretty sure I had downloaded all those things previously. But that screws up my ability to review them in the order I downloaded them and see what I might have bought.

Also can't log in from the computer to check my transaction history...[/QUOTE]
They added new DLC, two new games (Minis), and new avatars, themes, and deals that weren't there before.

The 5/20 thing is when they extended your PS+ sub, which brought up all of the content you've downloaded with your sub. Try looking at your purchase history to see what you've bought recently.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The 5/20 thing is when they extended your PS+ sub[/QUOTE]

@FriskyTanuki

You seem to always have info about all things PS, so I figure I'll ask you. Is there something additional I need to do to update the expiration date on my previously downloaded PS+ content?

My account settings properly reflect the correctly updated expiration date. The Wipeout key in the Services menu also correctly reflects the correct expiration date.

Unfortunately, all of my other previously downloaded ps+ games still indicate that they expire on the old date when I check their information on both of my machines

bread's done
Back