PSN Network Error

on another note, i can't get anything on the US playstation board on the playstation site to go past page 1. click on page 2, page 1 reloads (forums, topics, etc.) Whoooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa Sony!

[quote name='FroMann']Well since its 1999 who wants to play some Crash Team Racing, Twisted Metal 4, and Sled Storm?[/QUOTE]

CTR and Twisted Metal 2, and you have a deal.

[quote name='FroMann']Well since its 1999 who wants to play some Crash Team Racing, Twisted Metal 4, and Sled Storm?[/QUOTE]

Dude. You had bad taste, lol.

[quote name='o2012o']Dude. You had bad taste, lol.[/QUOTE]
You try thinking of 3 good PlayStation games from 1999 that were split screen and were not Crash Bandicoot.

[quote name='ssjmichael']shit, is there a way to cancel a reformat? it's only at 9%. I knew I shouldn't have listened to those bastards at neogaf :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The only way I know of is to turn off the system. Either way, you're probably going to lose a bit of data, but if you don't mind trying it, then I'd say shut it off before it gets much further. It should cancel the format, and leave everything at the state it's at, since the operation was canceled.

I'm not 100% positive, but that's how it works with everything else, 360 included.

If you don't want to risk it though, then don't bother. Like I said, I can't guarantee if it will work or not.

[quote name='FroMann']You try thinking of 3 good PlayStation games from 1999 that were split screen and were not Crash Bandicoot.[/QUOTE]

Bust A Move 4 is better than all of those.

[quote name='yohsh']^ No one knows what caused this but its 1999 the year of the back street boys. Cher invents autotune and chuck noris counts to infinity for the first time.[/QUOTE]

Psh...Backstreet Boys. N'Sync is where it's at.

i bet this is all the work of the biggest xbot of them all

gta-iv-jack-thompson.jpg

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Well then, I just wasted a minute typing up a serious response. What a waste.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me. To make up for it, I'll give you half of my Enron shares. That company is on the up and up!

[quote name='mitch079']i bet this is all the work of the biggest xbot of them all

gta-iv-jack-thompson.jpg
[/QUOTE]

After all, it was 1999 when his crusade against video games began...

[quote name='o2012o']Word, man.[/QUOTE]
Im drunk and sad from not being able to play ps3. So what if I replace an article with a restrictive. Im sad. Oh and SOA sucks.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Forgive me. To make up for it, I'll give you half of my Enron shares. That company is on the up and up![/QUOTE]

Reluctantly, I accept. They look to be a promising company, I may even decide to invest my entire life savings into them, if this turns out well.

[quote name='yohsh']Im drunk and sad from not being able to play ps3. So what if I replace an article with a restrictive. Im sad. Oh and SOA sucks.[/QUOTE]

But I like Skies of Arcadia

[quote name='yohsh']Im drunk and sad from not being able to play ps3. So what if I replace an article with a restrictive. Im sad. Oh and SOA sucks.[/QUOTE]

You lost me. Teach me something.

Sony's new slogan...two thousand one zero, party over oops out of time. So tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999.

Got back from vacation and was about to play some PS3, glad I went online first and found out these issue before doing so.

I think I'll spend the night channel blocking Spanish, religious, infomercial and PPV channels from my new Dish DVR instead now.

[quote name='onapartyrock']Got back from vacation and was about to play some PS3, glad I went online first and found out these issue before doing so.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt matter whether you go online or not, its still affected. I was playing fine all day, DC'd, restarted, and got the error. EVERY Phat (Or atleast the massive majority), is getting this error, while hardly any Slims are affected

Yea i was gonna say... you should try playing PSone games on your PS3 now. I'm sure they would be the only ones to work. Putting these NEXT NEXT GEN games in your PS3 makes it go cross eyed and scream.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea i was gonna say... you should try playing PSone games on your PS3 now. I'm sure they would be the only ones to work. Putting these NEXT NEXT GEN games in your PS3 makes it go cross eyed and scream.[/QUOTE]

Thats what happens when your mind time travels back to 1999, but your body stays in 2010, stuff starts to get screwy

[quote name='dgwillia006']Doesnt matter whether you go online or not, its still affected. I was playing fine all day, DC'd, restarted, and got the error. EVERY Phat (Or atleast the massive majority), is getting this error, while hardly any Slims are affected[/QUOTE]

I didn't even turn on any of my PS3 units (all Phats of course) due to the news.

Interesting situation, the more I read about it the more it sounds like the date calculations are doing it but I still can't understand why manually changing the date doesn't work; unless it is that the chip that tracks the date can't be changed but the variable to adjust the system date based on that chip's value is.

If that is the case, I would think that it is not a fixable situation and only patchable as over time it will happen again and again. I hope the patch is such that in 30 years when I retire I can break out my classic PS3 to catch up on my backlog of games and not have a dead system. I tend to think someone is not going to want to figure this out so the system works in 30 years but might do so for a 10 year fix and then hope i gets readdressed then.

People are starting to suspect that its because older PS3's dont have it programed that Febuary ends on the 28th, and it tries to register other days like the 29th and 30th, causing it to just crap out

its scary how many games there are on my ps3 that are locked out, I game share heavily and if I sony decided to nix them I would be out a couple hunderd dollars worth of games...Well lets hope that never happens and Geohotz gets that mod right.

[quote name='phantasyx']its scary how many games there are on my ps3 that are locked out, I game share heavily and if I sony decided to nix them I would be out a couple hunderd dollars worth of games...Well lets hope that never happens and Geohotz gets that mod right.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, thats why im scared of YLOD and stuff like that, i have easily 300+ dollars worth of shared game and DLC, and i'd be screwed out of 2/3rds of it (Mainly since most of the people are inactive, or probally wont let me redownload)

Sony, the first company to make a console that literally transcends decades. They should change thier slogan to "Time dont mean jack to us"

This sucks, was looking forward to hopping on MAG. I have a sinking feeling that my PS3 fat is doomed :cry:

Felt like playing something tonight on my 60GB. What a blessing in disguise that Sega never patched in trophy support for Valkyria Chronicles. I got to work on my New Game+, getting more A-rank completions. Too bad the DLC doesn't work since I never got around to playing any of them.

[quote name='onapartyrock']I didn't even turn on any of my PS3 units (all Phats of course) due to the news.

Interesting situation, the more I read about it the more it sounds like the date calculations are doing it but I still can't understand why manually changing the date doesn't work; unless it is that the chip that tracks the date can't be changed but the variable to adjust the system date based on that chip's value is.

If that is the case, I would think that it is not a fixable situation and only patchable as over time it will happen again and again. I hope the patch is such that in 30 years when I retire I can break out my classic PS3 to catch up on my backlog of games and not have a dead system. I tend to think someone is not going to want to figure this out so the system works in 30 years but might do so for a 10 year fix and then hope i gets readdressed then.[/QUOTE]

Actually, even if you did not turn on your PS3 units, it will still be affected, due to that there is internal battery that is keeping the date and time.

Can you imagine the problem that Air Force is going to have with all their PS3's?:shock:

Yep same lame issue here as well. I played Bioshock 2 for a while on the 360 and then tried playing Heavy Rain and got the error code. Yipppeeee!

bread's done
Back