PSN Network Error

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Actually, even if you did not turn on your PS3 units, it will still be affected, due to that there is internal battery that is keeping the date and time.

Can you imagine the problem that Air Force is going to have with all their PS3's?:shock:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but potentially within 2 days it should no longer be an issue until next time as the internal clock/date will be March 1, worst case the system date will just be off and can be adjusted.

[quote name='Fjordson']LOL, hahaha[/QUOTE]

LOL I laughed when he said I"m going EXTINCT. SAVE THE FAT THINGS!

[quote name='onapartyrock']Yeah, but potentially within 2 days it should no longer be an issue until next time as the internal clock/date will be March 1, worst case the system date will just be off and can be adjusted.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, at least that is what people are hoping for, that the problem will "cure" itself within 24 hours, that is what I am hoping for too. Maybe I should set the clock into future date since I changed it from 1999 to 2010 when the problem occurs.:whistle2:k

I think their blog is somewhat affected too. At least I cannot even try to log in.

[quote name='onapartyrock']The fat in his throat is laying on his vocal cords... Dude will suffocate to death in his sleep one night.

That or he hasn't swallowed all the gravy from Thanksgiving yet.[/QUOTE]

Can't he just sleep on his stomach then?

watch
Fat people sleep on their sides from my experience.

DJBurn1987 is his psn. I'm totally gonna friend him.

watch

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']Lol that Fat guy was funny as hell[/QUOTE]
Indeed he was both fat and funny.

[quote name='yohsh']Fat people sleep on their sides from my experience.[/QUOTE]
I don't, but I find it odd you have so much experience watching fat people sleep. Will you watch me sleep tonight?

This failure is absurd, but pretty comical at the same time. It happened to my Zune a while back, same exact issue. Thankfully i have a 320 gig PS3 slim and im doin just fine atm. Although MW2 is really low on players, obviously.

[quote name='blitz6speed']This failure is absurd, but pretty comical at the same time. It happened to my Zune a while back, same exact issue. Thankfully i have a 320 gig PS3 slim and im doin just fine atm. Although MW2 is really low on players, obviously.[/QUOTE]

ummm it's called the model number, we dont give a crap if you have a 320 or a 500gb. we call a ps3 60gb a ps3 60gb

Well, I am glad I waited so long to buy a triple. I am free and in the clear, sorry for your loss guys.

i blame day light savings. since it happens this month...i can only image thats the cause since the clocks on the old ps3's are 12/31/99

[quote name='Saint Noir']EDIT - nevermind... I am pretty sure this is a purchase I made! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well i can tell you that i did not make a 5.00 purchase on my account!

[quote name='Trufatty']has anyone tried changing the clocks manually and see if that happens?[/QUOTE]
I've seen some people saying that doing that fixed everything and seen other people saying that it did nothing. I'm about to try it but I'm 99.99 percent positive that it's futile. Such a simple fix would surely be more widely advertised for such a big problem at this point.

Yeah, doesn't work - actually once you set it manually it won't run on its own, it'll be the same time you set it to after you turn the console back on and the error is still there.

Sad that I awoke to nothing new from Sony... Not even a "still working on it, guys" message. Maybe they found out something bad and don't wanna say!

I woke up today to 10 individual 1.00 purchases to psn that I never made. I tried to add points yesterday and kept getting an error, so it seems everytime it failed they charged me a dollar. WTF? Anyone else get this?

well it looks like they are making some kind of progress because yesterday I would try to click on the link in my sig for trophy status and it would go to a page not found and now it works corrrectly...

I know that doesn't help but well maybe they are getting somewhere...

I woke up hoping it would be fixed but NOOOOOOPE

I have the 80GB MGS4 bundle and if my data is corrupted and/or I have to ship this to Sony because of an Office Space error where Sony forgot about Leap Year I'm going to be pretty upset.

Also, I found this on the PS3 page of Encyclopedia Dramatica (I didn't make it):

b9FPf.gif

[quote name='smarkbran']I woke up today to 10 individual 1.00 purchases to psn that I never made. I tried to add points yesterday and kept getting an error, so it seems everytime it failed they charged me a dollar. WTF? Anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]

This shit is weird, if it is strictly a unit issue why is PSN charging people?

Did everyone who got bogus charges go online this weekend with their PS3?

Worst part so far (assuming they can fix the problem) is that I bought MAG yesterday and can't play it under any circumstance.

[quote name='onapartyrock']This shit is weird, if it is strictly a unit issue why is PSN charging people?

Did everyone who got bogus charges go online this weekend with their PS3?[/QUOTE]

hope not... my card removes money from available credit but does not post why for 2 days... unfortunately i don't know my exact balance from a few days ago so I wont be sure till tues or wed...

having to explain to 20 million people why their service charged them money potentially overlimiting cards and who knows what else now that would cause some heads to roll...

[quote name='smarkbran']I woke up today to 10 individual 1.00 purchases to psn that I never made. I tried to add points yesterday and kept getting an error, so it seems everytime it failed they charged me a dollar. WTF? Anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]

I would be very concerned. Those could just be authorizations for larger amounts. Check your bank. Call em if you have too.

[quote name='FISTINFACE']I would be very concerned. Those could just be authorizations for larger amounts. Check your bank. Call em if you have too.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I will for sure, I was trying to buy pain online with some of the dlc, and i needed to add my CC info becasue I never have, and it just kept saying my info was wrong so I would go back and enter it in again, and again...so I calledthe PSN tech suport becasue that message dispalyed that I need to call them...so the lady I spoke with said I needto wait 24 hours becasue my "PSN account was locked"??

So..yeah I will call today and make sure those bastards ddint charge me a crazy amount.

[quote name='Number83']I logged on my 60GB Phat Saturday and was able to play everything. I did not boot it up yesterday, so am I safe?[/QUOTE]

nope.

[quote name='Thomas96']What are you guys going to play in the meanwhile? xbox, nes, snes, DC...etc?[/QUOTE]

Borderlands (on the 360)

[quote name='Thomas96']What are you guys going to play in the meanwhile? xbox, nes, snes, DC...etc?[/QUOTE]
Play some PS2. I have to go to classes anyway today for few hours.

Nothin' yet? Oh well, maybe after work. If not I've a ton of stuff to play, either catch up on the Wii or complete some NES games I've never actually beaten. I'm fairly confident my 60 isn't broken, it just needs to wait for the home server to send out the good news or for the date timer we can't change to sort itself out.

Just chatted to a online-friend who removed his CMOS battery from the PS3 , his system now works.

If he isn't bullshitting me this should work out in a few days.

SO my charges are a mystery still, Im at work and cant make a call tothem until about 2pm est....but my PS3 is a slim model and it seemed to be working and online just fine yesterday.

So my question is are the people with weird charges PS3 Slim owners??

damn... i just woke up and see this thread is still going strong...

guess i'll hit up the gym, i'm bummed cause i was looking forward to playing some mw2 today :(

[quote name='smarkbran']SO my charges are a mystery still, Im at work and cant make a call tothem until about 2pm est....but my PS3 is a slim model and it seemed to be working and online just fine yesterday.

So my question is are the people with weird charges PS3 Slim owners??[/QUOTE]

I have an 80 gb phatty. Its freaking me out cause i dont know if any more charges are going to come thru. I alerted my bank already and moved my money into my savings account.

i think it will either reset 8pm central time or it will need a patch. it's a clock issue, hence the reason why pulling the cmos battery works.

[quote name='FISTINFACE']I have an 80 gb phatty. Its freaking me out cause i dont know if any more charges are going to come thru. I alerted my bank already and moved my money into my savings account.[/QUOTE]

How many charges did you see on your account, and for how much? Im just curious if the amounts are different?

[quote name='smarkbran']SO my charges are a mystery still, Im at work and cant make a call tothem until about 2pm est....but my PS3 is a slim model and it seemed to be working and online just fine yesterday.

So my question is are the people with weird charges PS3 Slim owners??[/QUOTE]
I don't have any, but I assume what happened with yours is that PSN put in a 1 dollar test charge to make sure that your bank account was real, whenever you tried multiple times to get it to take the info it kept resending the 1 dollar charge. I just tied my stuff to PSN a couple of weeks ago and I got a 1 dollar charge, it disappeared in about 3 days, so you shouldn't really worry, it should all go away.

bread's done
Back