PSN Network Error

What I want to know is...

-Did Sony know about this problem and fix it in Slim models?
-Is this only part of a larger design flaw?
-Won't this just happen again down the line?
-Why has DLC (such as Rock Band tracks) stopped working, and downloadable games revert to a trial version if this is a date/time problem?
-What about people missing money from their PSN accounts? A few here have had that bizarre problem.

You can blame firmwares, updates, and hard drives as the reason for shitty games and releasing software before it's done, but I mean look at Tales of Grace on the Wii. They had no opportunity to patch it due to the hardware restrictions, and Namco had to recall the game altogether because of all the bugs and crap. Not all of it's bad you know.

[quote name='DPsx7']Bah, things like this happen. I don't think they'll give us anything free since we didn't pay anything. I wish consoles would go back to just being consoles, I can do without the rest of these gimmicks.[/QUOTE]
I paid $60 for Heavy Rain alone.

102019-IWXRF1F.gif

[quote name='Blackout']What I want to know is...

-Did Sony know about this problem and fix it in Slim models?
-Is this only part of a larger design flaw?
-Won't this just happen again down the line?
-Why has DLC (such as Rock Band tracks) stopped working, and downloadable games revert to a trial version if this is a date/time problem?
-What about people missing money from their PSN accounts? A few here have had that bizarre problem.[/QUOTE]

I noticed the downloadable games reverted to a trial which makes me wonder If I'll have to download it again or not. I bet people will have to re-download them which will really suck for gameshare people that no longer have the password...

well I have been looking for a reason to get a slim. If this doesnt get fixed. I might just have to get the slim.

Mine is working now. So maybe its all over with or maybe everyones will soon. I just fired up a psn game and it doesn't say trial anymore. So you don't have to re-download anything. Thank god. Now I'm going to check DLC.

[quote name='jman619']Hate to double post,but I tried signing in again and let me. Not saying everyone will be able too,but whoever wants to try it should.[/QUOTE]
Are games with trophies booting up okay?

i wonder if people will take another hard look at DLC. What if this happen in 2020 and Sony already stop supporting PS3? Looks like you just lost all your DLC for good.

It's weird. I see my MW2 trophies when I compare with someone else, but I don't see them in my actual trophy screen.

[quote name='Fjordson']Are games with trophies booting up okay?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I just booted up Tekken 6 to check. Also the psn games is fine. Also DLC is working like it should. Everything is the way I left it. Thank god nothing went wrong. At least its back!!!!!!!

Just booted up Uncharted 2, MAG and Heavy Rain without any issues. Trophies appear to be fine as well.

(60 GB with backwards compatibility)

Just remember, Sony can't take credit for this fix, it auto-corrected.

So don't accept any "our engineers were working around the clock" bullshit

[quote name='Abalistar']...I just booted up my PS3 and now it says it's April 29,2020.[/QUOTE]Had you changed your date earlier to try and fix it?

[quote name='chakan']Had you changed your date earlier to try and fix it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, before I learned wtf happened. I figured that's why my date shot forward. Still kinda creepy.

Or maybe my PS3 truly is a time traveler. Going to go try and touch it and see if my hand goes disappears into a time flux. Whoever is at this house in 2020, do not get too creeped out.

Unfortunately, I do not have broadband here, so I can't even simply hop onto the PSN to double check. I guess I will be tempting fate until I get it on a connection this weekend.

[quote name='Abalistar']...I just booted up my PS3 and now it says it's April 29,2020.[/QUOTE]

That's no PS3 my friend.

Could you get me a sports almanac while you're out?

60GB BC working fine, no problems. The date was still set to 2/28 but I used the time sync option under system settings and it's got the correct date now.

Does home work? That's all I care about. Did Sony actually do anything or did the ps3 just fix itself?

Sync your trophies up if you lost them. One of my friends freaked out when their Rock Band 2 Trophies were at 0%.

bread's done
Back