PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snakey is the closest.  Braid instead of Bastion, and I liked Asylum more than City but they're both amazing.

EDIT: Actually, I guess Matt was closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I should really play Mercenary Kings, but that is a tough game to get into. I had a guy running me through levels one time and it was a blast because he knew where everything was and I could just sit there and be lazy, but then I accidentally died or failed the mission and he quit. I was a sad panda.

sad-panda.jpg

Vita. It's not going great....

Bastion was quite enjoyable, but I wouldn't put it in any sort of "Best of the Generation" list, whereas Batman Arkham Asylum, Borderlands, Bayonetta, Braid, and Bioshock 1 would all probably be in my top 10.
Bayonetta? I never even thought about playing that game, but I will look into it now. Never even heard of bastion. ⛵

Vita. It's not going great....

Bastion was quite enjoyable, but I wouldn't put it in any sort of "Best of the Generation" list, whereas Batman Arkham Asylum, Borderlands, Bayonetta, Braid, and Bioshock 1 would all probably be in my top 10.
DFB2 starts off great but then takes a quick turn to the pooper. I couldn't believe ign gave it a 3.5 ( I think it was ign maybe gamespot) but then I played it. As far as bastion for me it lived up to the hype.

Are you guys just doing the Bioshock series as one entry on this B's list? Because all 3 games could have their own spot.
I'm just including the original.

I enjoyed 2 and Infinite (my ranking goes 1 > 2 > Infinite) but wouldn't put 2 or Infinite in my top 10.

Ditto with Batman and Borderlands. Enjoyed the originals the most, enjoyed all the sequels as well, but would't put any sequels in my top 10. Well, maybe Arkham City.

I need to wrap up last gen so I can put together a huge list of my favorite games. I've still got a lot of excellent games in my backlog.

DFB2 starts off great but then takes a quick turn to the pooper. I couldn't believe ign gave it a 3.5 ( I think it was ign maybe gamespot) but then I played it. As far as bastion for me it lived up to the hype.
I'm not that far through but I don't think it starts off great at all. You and Prof have both said this now. I'm scared what the 2nd half of the game is going to hold for me.

well damn, does anyone disagree that this game is great? I can probably pick this up for cheap.

Rdr, Da:eek:, Batman AA&AC, and Uncharted 2 would be my top 5, but definitely haven't played a lot of big games.
I just want throw in that Bayoneeta is pretty damn amazing. I was pleasantly surprised. I am also pretty upset that bayonetta 2 is Nintendo exclusive.

Mine took about 5-6 hours. I was ready to play last night, like "yeah this shit downloaded fast". Then realized when I launched it "oh shit, this is what people were talking about"...it was slow as could be.
1 GB done after about 2 hours. That works out to about 20 hours before this finishes if it holds steady. Am I on dialup?

1 GB done after about 2 hours. That works out to about 20 hours before this finishes if it holds steady. Am I on dialup?
Mine picked up steam about midways through, but yeah that sounds about right....it was around 2.5 gb complete a few hours in. Then a few more hours later when I checked up on it, it was done. What was your file size? Mine was 10.97gb, but I'm assuming mine was a bit less because I still had the Alpha installed (I think I heard that had a bearing on it as well)

Speaking of Tyler, during his stream he said that I should get everyone in this thread to donate $5 to me so I can buy a PS4. Totally his idea.
Well, if it was Tyler's idea, I'm all for it! Here you go:

monopoly-money-5.jpg

Mine picked up steam about midways through, but yeah that sounds about right....it was around 2.5 gb complete a few hours in. Then a few more hours later when I checked up on it, it was done. What was your file size? Mine was 10.97gb, but I'm assuming mine was a bit less because I still had the Alpha installed (I think I heard that had a bearing on it as well)
Mine is installing now, and it's also 10.97GB--I didn't install the alpha.

I had the alpha installed too and it is the same size.

[quote name="pharmacrest" post="11936098" timestamp="1405728668"]the important question is. What was your time?[/quote]

I didn't 100%, probably not gonna bother.

I posted this in the deals thread but I should have just posted it here.

I finally beat AC III and in the end I would rank it #2 on my list of current AC games played. Have not played AC IV yet.  I finished Brotherhood, Revelations and AC III in the last 7 months. While Brotherhood is a great game I still love ACII story from the beginning more.  

AC III is such a slow start but in the end I really grew to like the story and Conner is a much better Assassin character than I think he gets credit for.  I have put almost 35 hours into the game and I cannot believe how much I did not do.  It is almost too big and it shows with the frequent bugs. Normally I do not find myself victim to bugs but I did end up inside houses or stuck on fences with my horse a few times.  Anyway, for me I would say ACII>ACIII>Brotherhood>AC=Revelations.

well damn, does anyone disagree that this game is great? I can probably pick this up for cheap.
Just wanted to point out that while I've heard the game is excellent, the PS3 version is supposed to be one of the worst ports of last gen. I'm not sure if they ever patched it, but it might not be worth grabbing if it's still in such dire shape.

Any tips on getting the plat?
It's not a real difficult plat. If you did FUBAR on Spec Ops this will be a walk in the park. The most difficult part in the game is actually the first big daddy you come across because you haven't beefed up yet and even that isn't too bad. After that it's pretty easy and you should be able to get all the trophies with careful planning. Research everything before killing it, but that won't come until you get the camera later on.

Make sure to avoid spoilers when checking for missable trophies if you're planning on going for everything in one playthrough (assuming you haven't had it spoiled for you already). Save often and keep multiple saves.

Just wanted to point out that while I've heard the game is excellent, the PS3 version is supposed to be one of the worst ports of last gen. I'm not sure if they ever patched it, but it might not be worth grabbing if it's still in such dire shape.
hmm..maybe that's why it flew under the radar for me as I just have a ps3. If I find it used under $10 I'll probably give it a try.

it was patched and I had no problems with it. I remember hearing it was virtually unplayable atlaunch. Could be an exaggeration,but regardless it was a bad experience for early adopters.

You're one of the few that agrees with me on this.... congratulations on being awesome.
I just enjoyed the setting for Bioshock 1/2 so much more than Infinite. Also, only having 2 guns at a time in Infinite was kinda lame. The Plasmids/Vigors were so marginalized in Infinite as well, and those were always the best part of the game. I wrote an entire blog post about it but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

Nah, everything I've heard suggests the PS3 version is completely playable and enjoyable at this point. The patch fixes issues and also lets you install the entire game to your hard drive so it loads much much quicker. I rebought it on PS3 so I can platinum it at some point, already got the 1000/1000 on Xbox.

The sequel being on WiiU fuck ing sucks so bad. Thanks a lot, Sega.

Dragon Fantasy is starting to get really bad.  The level design sucks so fuck ing much.  The battles you don't even have to pay attention to.  I really hope I'm getting close to the end but I fear I'm only half way through.

So apparently there's no FAQ for Dragon Fantasy Book 2 anywhere.

How far along am I?

I just completed the last of the 3 "choose your own adventure" missions and now I think I'm playing as Ogden again, and some chick named Zara said she is going to join me.

Holy crap, I can already tell Destiny is going to take so many hours away from me.
I was wondering if there would be some Destiny talk. Thought that maybe people had had their fill of it during the alpha. Played some Watch Dogs today. Not a fan of the Batman voice and sometimes there seems to be too much info on the screen, but at least it looks impressive. Didn't like the online stuff, though. Hacking someone else just seems to take forever and it feels like that whole element is just there to interrupt the game more than anything.

I'll play some more Destiny tonight. Maybe try out a different class if I max out.

Yep. You can get behind a counter and he's not smart enough to go around and hit you. So you just keep wrenching him in the face until he's dead.
I guess that's one way to do it. Or you could do what I did, walk in the room and proclaim "There's only room for one Big Daddy around here" and kick his ass head-on like a man.

(yeah, I'm going to pretend that I already knew about that. definitely sounds easier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back