PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started playing GoW2 again. I'd left off after the first hour, figured I might be able to knock it out this weekend. It's really not that good-looking of a game. Kinda bummed they didn't HDify it better.

Jesus Velo made trees for dudes and bushes for ladies.
FTFY

video-game-toilet.jpg
Why aren't there any barriers between toilets?

Those devil walker things are a pain in the ass when you're doing that 3 player mission. Takes way too long to take one down. It's one thing if it was skill based but it's just a straight up matter of not being able to damage it in a timely manner. Not sure how I feel about this online only type of game. Doesn't feel like a game that will take the world by storm and take market away from the Call of Dutys of the world. I guess it's good for Activision that it's coming out so soon in the next gen life cycle when people are starving for content.

Holy crap, I can already tell Destiny is going to take so many hours away from me.
You got that right. I don't have much experience playing Halo, but Destiny feels so natural to me. :joystick:

How long did Destiny take you guys? I'm about at level 5, just hitting The Last Array now.
I only played for a couple of hours, getting to Level 3 and enabling my ship's interplanetary travel. I'm toying with the idea of just stopping now since I really, really like what I've played so far and don't really like the idea of repeating much of it if our progress in the beta isn't carrying over to the full game.

Just deleted Destiny. Controls and plays well enough, but I really hope they get the graphics improved for PS3 otherwise I can't see it selling well there. PS4 version should be pretty, though.
The PS4 version is pretty. Holy CRAP, is the PS4 version pretty. :drool:

Also, I think the menus in Destiny, as well as the overall UI, look pretty darn sexay. I even like using the cursor. :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
I only played for a couple of hours, getting to Level 3 and enabling my ship's interplanetary travel. I'm toying with the idea of just stopping now since I really, really like what I've played so far and don't really like the idea of repeating much of it if our progress in the beta isn't carrying over to the full game.
I finished just after reaching level 5. You should be pretty close to the end of the story missions. Unless you're going to buy it on release, I'd say give it the extra hour or so to finish it off.

Well how is it that you are all playing the same game, talking about it, but haven't teamed up yet?
I think the only person I'm friends with in here is Tyler, and that's because I bummed a SF3A Steam key off him when he was banned from CAG and I needed another way to bug him for it. I've got like...10 friends total, if that. I never play online, but Destiny doesn't really give you a choice.

I totally would for that VF plat if the last damn trophy could be earned in online play. Goddammit.

BTW how the hell do rankings work? I have 11 of 12 VF2 trophies and am sitting at 71% and rank C. I've got other games I'm at 10% on and also have rank C. One at 5% rank C. idgi.

Also, I think the menus in Destiny, as well as the overall UI, look pretty darn sexay. I even like using the cursor. :whee:
I was kind of going back and forth on this. I think the main thing is I would either like the cursor to move faster or have the option to use motion control on the PS4. I was thinking if it would be better using old school console menus but it would probably just end up with lots of scrolling and extra input needed. Just needs some tweaks because sometimes it feels like you fall out of the sub-menu you're in too easily.

Dammit I was so excited to watch the A's walkoff video, I brought my laptop with me to the bathroom instead of my Vita. Guessssssssssssssssss what I'm doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing?

Not playing destiny :0
I'm trying to finish Soul Sacrifice actually. I finished God of War Chains of Olympus earlier and want to play a game before I start up God of War 1. It's tough for me to play the same genre back to back. After playing a little bit of the Beta, I don't think I am going to be purchasing it, so I don't really have that much of a desire to stick through the beta. I am glad to hear people are enjoying and I don't think that there is anything wrong with Destiny, but like Stotch said it's going to be one of those games that take a lot of time and my main goal right now is to finish my backlog. Your comment didn't warrant all this, but it was the perfect time to say all this stuff.

Went for the plat on VF2...realized the goddamn Sudden Death one is near-impossible unless you have a 2nd controller, which I don't. So lame.
Ha, out of the pissing match I've been reading about, this comment sticks out the most. That had to be the easiest game ever, in the history of easy. Quinoa platted it without a second controller. You're telling me you can't?

Eldritch isn't in the top 20 today... I hope he is okay.
I think I remember Eldritch saying that he was going to go camping with his kid. At least, that's what I remember seeing in the AWD thread. Anyways, I'm starting the download of Destiny beta. :whee:

Just to go back on what was previously said. It also goes Bioshock 1 > 2 > Infinite for me. I just never saw Infinite as this mind-blowing masterpiece that happens to be the "BEST" game ever. I just hate how they changed everything I liked about Bioshock 1 and 2. From (I.E. Environment, Choice & Consequence, Non-Scripted Battles) to the opposite.

I only found the combat and moon walking to be fun in Bayonetta. Platinum has never been great when it comes to story, but they are great with action. Then again, I didn't exactly like Devil May Cry 1. Which happens to be made by the same guy.

For me, and that series, it goes DMC 3 > 2 > 1 and I can't even believe they made that Anime canon. Then you have the people who hate on DmC "It destroyed the existing canon". Ummm, no it didn't. It happens to be just like Dead Rising: Off The Record non-canon. DMC 4 happens to be up in the air with me. I hated how they basically made me play the game twice.

Are you guys playing with friends? If so, how is the multiplayer?
Yep. In a clan with most of the members from a skype group chat. Only played the story missions from the beta, but I played a shit ton of the crucible in the alpha. I'll probably just hit max level and stick to playing the MP. Looks like they're going to test a mode where gear and stats are carried into the crucible, but I'm not really interested in that.

I actually finally got around to playing it today and found it thoroughly forgettable. I guess there aren't a lot of top-down racers on Playstation (or in general) but even then I'd have a hard time recommending it based on what I played (which to be fair wasn't a whole lot).
It's a high score challenge type of game. If you can enjoy replaying maps over and over to beat friends times, it's quite good. But other than that, it's just kind of there.

I think I remember Eldritch saying that he was going to go camping with his kid. At least, that's what I remember seeing in the AWD thread. Anyways, I'm starting the download of Destiny beta. :whee:

Just to go back on what was previously said. It also goes Bioshock 1 > 2 > Infinite for me. I just never saw Infinite as this mind-blowing masterpiece that happens to be the "BEST" game ever. I just hate how they changed everything I liked about Bioshock 1 and 2. From (I.E. Environment, Choice & Consequence, Non-Scripted Battles) to the opposite.

I only found the combat and moon walking to be fun in Bayonetta. Platinum has never been great when it comes to story, but they are great with action. Then again, I didn't exactly like Devil May Cry 1. Which happens to be made by the same guy.

For me, and that series, it goes DMC 3 > 2 > 1 and I can't even believe they made that Anime canon. Then you have the people who hate on DmC "It destroyed the existing canon". Ummm, no it didn't. It happens to be just like Dead Rising: Off The Record non-canon. DMC 4 happens to be up in the air with me. I hated how they basically made me play the game twice.
I think you may be the only person in the history of the world to say they prefer DMC2 to anything other than a shotgun blast to the face, and even then, that is 50/50.

BTW how the hell do rankings work? I have 11 of 12 VF2 trophies and am sitting at 71% and rank C. I've got other games I'm at 10% on and also have rank C. One at 5% rank C. idgi.
It's probably because everyone in the free world has 100% for VF2. So you're 11/12 is considered average in comparison. On other games, 10% of trophies popped is average, so it's still a C for that.

Ha, out of the pissing match I've been reading about, this comment sticks out the most. That had to be the easiest game ever, in the history of easy. Quinoa platted it without a second controller. You're telling me you can't?
The game itself is easy, but I can't quite manage to completely avoid getting hit for 15 seconds in order to have the Sudden Death trigger. With the way backing up and jumping works, I just don't see how you can keep away from the enemy completely for that long, and getting hit once means you have to restart the set of 3 matches. Thinking about it now I was trying it on the 1st stage and 1 and 3 are smaller than the others. I'll try 2 to see if that's easier. If that doesn't work there must be some kind of trick to it I'm just not figuring out.

It's probably because everyone in the free world has 100% for VF2. So you're 11/12 is considered average in comparison. On other games, 10% of trophies popped is average, so it's still a C for that.
Ah, gotcha. It's relative grading instead of having some actual percentage of completion = a particular grade. 20% on OlliOlli gave me an A, and 5% on Sine Mora gave me a C, 25% on Catherine Gave me a C. Hard to figure out how that kind of grading breakdown works. :)

The whole approach to trophies is a bit off IMO.

So, after being engrossed by Destiny, I return to CAG. This game will soak up my time when it hits on September.

Picked the Warlock, because I like the range it has and its abilities. Reached the level 8 cap, armor is basically all uncommon. My defense is 157, got me the Sahara AR3, which does a nice 62 damage. Sometimes fall back to the Galahad-B, but want the mythical Galahad-C. Finished all the story missions and have been tearing it up in the Crucible with a full party of six. I'll probably hop in a to get some mp on, but this Beta only made me love Destiny more. That said, loot is indeed anemic in the overall world, which I hope changes in the final game. 

Well goddammit. I tried Sudden Death on 1 again and got it on the first try. Seems there's a glitch or something so that if you do a hop in place the computer just looks up, down, and then doesn't respond. Just hopped a bunch of times and wasted the 15 seconds that way. Couldn't find anything about it online.  :wall:

A little disappointed in my time. For some reason I got hung up on Round 4. After getting beat over and over again I wanted to switch characters and didn't realize it would start me back at Round 1. Beat Round 5 on my first try which only succeeded in pissing me off.

Virtua Fighter 2 - Fastest Achievers

1. Vigilante - 14 minutes, 18 seconds
  2. Laundrymatt77 - 21 minutes, 58 seconds
  3. Velo214 - 25 minutes, 7 seconds
  4. Wrencrest - 25 minutes, 17 seconds
  5. TheVila - 26 minutes, 32 seconds
  6. Topside - 27 minutes, 50 seconds
  7. laboy229 - 41 minutes, 44 second
  8. Rpg49ers - 45 minutes, 44 seconds
  9. Equistina - 56 minutes, 50 seconds
  10. micbelt - 58 minutes, 44 seconds
  11. Zimm108 - 1 hour, 28 minutes
  12. Thermopyle - 6 hours, 35 minutes :D/

Figured this would be the best place to ask this.

Would anyone be interested in playing a videogame that pitted Israel vs Hamas?

Thinking multiplayer type game, pick a side and try to bring down the other group.  

Ah, gotcha. It's relative grading instead of having some actual percentage of completion = a particular grade. 20% on OlliOlli gave me an A, and 5% on Sine Mora gave me a C, 25% on Catherine Gave me a C. Hard to figure out how that kind of grading breakdown works. :)

The whole approach to trophies is a bit off IMO.
the letter grades are just another grading scale that psnprofiles uses. It isnt hard to figure out. The grades are comparing the %of trophies other players have to you. If the average of everyone playing the game is 50%of trophies then you will have a c grade if you have around 50% of the trophies as well.

the letter grades are just another grading scale that psnprofiles uses. It isnt hard to figure out. The grades are comparing the %of trophies other players have to you. If the average of everyone playing the game is 50%of trophies then you will have a c grade if you have around 50% of the trophies as well.
I meant before the explanation I was quoting. :)

I meant before the explanation I was quoting. :)
I thought you might need more help since you finished your post saying it was hard to figure out and that something was off about trophies. I thought it was easy to see the letter grade was relative for each game and that each site has their own way of grading.

I'm finally playing The Wolf Among Us and am probably close to finishing the first episode. The game has a strong "American Gods" vibe, which I dig since it is one of my favorite books. I like taking historic fictional characters that were once strong and seeing how they live or get by once they no longer have the same sort of power.

I've heard of a lot of 'meh' about the game, but so far, its pretty damn cool to me.

I thought you might need more help since you finished your post saying it was hard to figure out and that something was off about trophies. I thought it was easy to see the letter grade was relative for each game and that each site has their own way of grading.
No, just ordered the paragraph a bit odd, so I can see how you were lead astray there.

I've not used any other sites, so I didn't realize the E-S thing was from psnprofiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back