PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Tyler, during his stream he said that I should get everyone in this thread to donate $5 to me so I can buy a PS4. Totally his idea.
Stop buying all those weird hentai JRPGs you constantly play and save.

Tyler - I know exclusives can suck when you don't own the respective platform but Nintendo saved it. Doesn't bother me as much when it goes down like that.

I was wondering if there would be some Destiny talk. Thought that maybe people had had their fill of it during the alpha. Played some Watch Dogs today. Not a fan of the Batman voice and sometimes there seems to be too much info on the screen, but at least it looks impressive. Didn't like the online stuff, though. Hacking someone else just seems to take forever and it feels like that whole element is just there to interrupt the game more than anything.

I'll play some more Destiny tonight. Maybe try out a different class if I max out.
I'm in love with the online invasions. Cant stop playing it. I found it incredibly refreshing and unique, worthy as a new classification of multiplayer right alongside titans like Deathmatch. Its surprising some of the strategies people implement too.

The singleplayer was the average part to me. Nothing special, but no terrible. I am looking forward to the story of the sequel at least with the way it seems to be headed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler - I know exclusives can suck when you don't own the respective platform but Nintendo saved it. Doesn't bother me as much when it goes down like that.
Other than super discounted PSN games, I haven't bought a game through non gamesharing means in over a year now. And also, you should expand your horizons and play some good JRPGs. I got Tyler into them, you can be next.

Thanks to NIER I'm now leaving you in the dust, Zimm. Better catch up.

Great story, characters, and music by the way. Finished endings C and D tonight.

I know. It fuck ing sucks that it's a Nintendo exclusive but I don't blame Nintendo. I blame Sega for not giving it one more chance.

I am inclined to buy Bayoneta 2 just so I can tell Tyler I have it.
Lots of people that aren't me will own it, so you having it won't mean much.

I really don't even want a WiiU version. I want a PS4 version. So I won't be jealous of a WiiU version anyway.

So apparently there's no FAQ for Dragon Fantasy Book 2 anywhere.

How far along am I?

I just completed the last of the 3 "choose your own adventure" missions and now I think I'm playing as Ogden again, and some chick named Zara said she is going to join me.
close. And ya that's how bad the game is ... No fuck Ing walkthrough anywhere.

Yeah I wanted to really like DFB2, but it was definitely lackluster. I wish they left out the capture system and focused more on battle mechanics. Then refine the gameplay and make a better god damn menu system. Capturing monsters serves absolutely zero purpose other than getting a couple trophies for it.

Assuming my cross referencing was done correctly, here is the list of people that have not liked the OP, but have posted in the thread. There was one new like after I started, so maybe someone here should have their name off the list. I didnt go back to search for who that was.

EldritchOnRye 223
rpg 166
Stellar Inertia 98
ctrlcthenctrlv 82
YBX87 75
breakfuss 64
affa 47
GamerDude316 35
eldergamer 30
FriskyTanuki 27
Brother Daz 22
TheCro 22
DietCokeJunkey 21
MyWorstNightmare 20
AoA 15
Blabadon 12
whoknows 11
Kameleon 9
abbabaab 8
chriscolbert 6
Indignate 4
io 4
@FIF 3
pitfallharry219 3
Blue Arcana 1
RPGPredictions 1
needavacation 1
Soma_Cruz 1
teslow 1
kelo360 1
TYmaster50 1
MSU_DVM 1
WNYX585AM 1

ETA: Looks like we already hit 50 and got the * though.
Well, I just gave the OP a like. Dunno if it worked or not. I'm on my mobile, so I have certain...shortcomings.

Bayonetta? I never even thought about playing that game, but I will look into it now. Never even heard of bastion. ⛵
Bayonetta is a game I need to get to soonish. I've been in the mood for an absolutely over-the-top comedy/badass brawler.

Bastion starts out kind of sucking on the gameplay, but by the end is pretty good once the weapons are upgraded and fun to use. Tons of people love the narrator in Bastion, but I thought that character was a fucked-up sociopath and hated him. He was annoying as hell.

And you people who disagree can just suck it because there are no "dislike" buttons on CAG. :D/

Unless I'm missing something, is there a reason why when I level up I have to go into the menu and upgrade the power when there is only one possible power to upgrade? Is this just a beta limitation because they don't want to reveal the entire upgrade tree or is it just meant to feel like Borderlands-lite?

Well, I just gave the OP a like. Dunno if it worked or not. I'm on my mobile, so I have certain...shortcomings.

Bayonetta is a game I need to get to soonish. I've been in the mood for an absolutely over-the-top comedy/badass brawler.

Bastion starts out kind of sucking on the gameplay, but by the end is pretty good once the weapons are upgraded and fun to use. Tons of people love the narrator in Bastion, but I thought that character was a fucked-up sociopath and hated him. He was annoying as hell.

And you people who disagree can just suck it because there are no "dislike" buttons on CAG. :D/
I enjoyed the narrator and art style but found the gameplay a little lacking in Bastion.

Two things I hate about Destiny:

1. The menu system is awful. Hopefully it's different for the final version. I hate the stupid cursor thing.
2. No ability to pause. I know it's an online game, but if I'm not playing online I should be able to pause the damn game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/18/korean-rating-board-lists-the-unfinished-swan-for-ps4-vita/ Unfinished Swam for PS4 and Vita. Old news probably for this rapid moving thread, but I'm excited. I never got around to playing it and the Vita seems like a perfect console for that sort of game.

Also would like to say if I was a millionaire I would pay out of pocket for the first Bioshock to be on the Vita.
Why? I guess I'll take it if it's free with cross-buy. It was a good game but not good enough to justify a new-gen port.

I don't see the Vita enhancing this game at all.

The Bioshock Vita game in the style of a Final Fantasy Tactics could have been a cool game, though.

Maybe I'll settle on the Bioshock board game, instead. (Spoiler alert: I probably won't)

Why? I guess I'll take it if it's free with cross-buy. It was a good game but not good enough to justify a new-gen port.

I don't see the Vita enhancing this game at all.
Dat OLED screen would be cool. I haven't played Unfinished Swan (better thermo?) Just seems like it would really pop off the screen.

explain the controls to me like I'm a moron. maybe that'd help.
It's been quite awhile, but isn't it just left stick controls your front wheels and right stick controls acceleration? It controls like a RC racer, basically.

I know there was an alternate way to make it control as well, but I think I stuck with the default. The real trick is just learning to take corners tight. iirc the game requires a bit more finesse with acceleration than most games due to the combination of jumps, turns, and dirt tracks -- on some tracks a full speed jump can leave you incapable of making a proper turn.

By the time I plat'd it I felt like I had it mastered... but it definitely took awhile to get to that point.

Wait, isn't this one of those games where I can get a free plat on my ps3 or something? Or would I need to buy the game?

I got my PS@E3 app Sony Rewards points, but we're we supposed to get 250 plus a bonus 100 for the delay?  I only got 150 plus the bonus 100, so I guess technically I got what I earned.  But I don't know why I didn't get the extra 100 points.  I definitely completed every single challenge in both levels.  Lame.

Just deleted Destiny. Controls and plays well enough, but I really hope they get the graphics improved for PS3 otherwise I can't see it selling well there. PS4 version should be pretty, though.

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters may very well have the best srpg combat mechanics of any game I've ever played. Seems like a decent plot too. You create squads on 3x3 grids, different units act differently based on their position, there are combo attacks, and more.

For example, you might have a 5 slot room, with 2 fighters in front, an archer and mage in the middle row, and a healer in the back. (you can unlock more slots later in the game). And that squad is just '1 unit' on the battlefield, until your squad attacks or gets attacked, where all the units all act out their role in unison for a turn. It's really well done.

Are there any other games where you design squads like that?

I really don't like hearing this. I got a PS4 this week, and I was looking forward to playing this game.

Will still play it mind you, but now have reservations.
I love Don't Starve. So do others. Some hate it.

I posted this in the deals thread but I should have just posted it here.

I finally beat AC III and in the end I would rank it #2 on my list of current AC games played. Have not played AC IV yet. I finished Brotherhood, Revelations and AC III in the last 7 months. While Brotherhood is a great game I still love ACII story from the beginning more.

AC III is such a slow start but in the end I really grew to like the story and Conner is a much better Assassin character than I think he gets credit for. I have put almost 35 hours into the game and I cannot believe how much I did not do. It is almost too big and it shows with the frequent bugs. Normally I do not find myself victim to bugs but I did end up inside houses or stuck on fences with my horse a few times. Anyway, for me I would say ACII>ACIII>Brotherhood>AC=Revelations.
3 AC games in less than a year? Now that is commitment. I LOVED ACII. Enough to find all those damn feathers and get the plat. I want to play the others. Told myself to take a short Assassins Creed hiatus. That was 3 years ago.

1. The menu system is awful. Hopefully it's different for the final version. I hate the stupid cursor thing.
2. No ability to pause. I know it's an online game, but if I'm not playing online I should be able to pause the damn game.
I hate that as well. At first I thought I was stupid and couldn't find pause, then I realized there was no pause, which is stupid. How am I supposed to go to the bathroom and not get killed? It's not like I'm a guy and can just pee anywhere :/

I started playing velocity ultra tonight. Yep.
I got the plat last week. I bought the game so long ago and played the first level and shut it off cuz I thought it was boring. Then tried it again 2 weeks ago. Same thing, first level bored me. But I played the second level. It bored me again. Tried the 3rd level and the enemies finally spawned, and I was hooked. I would get stuck on the speed run levels. My reaction time is slowing down as I get older.

I hate that as well. At first I thought I was stupid and couldn't find pause, then I realized there was no pause, which is stupid. How am I supposed to go to the bathroom and not get killed? It's not like I'm a guy and can just pee anywhere :/
I know. Honestly the best part about being a guy is the fact that I just piss on my floor all day. Even if I have the time to make it to the bathroom, I choose not to.

video-game-toilet.jpg

Jesus made trees for dudes and bushes for ladies.
The wording here is perfect.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/18/korean-rating-board-lists-the-unfinished-swan-for-ps4-vita/ Unfinished Swam for PS4 and Vita. Old news probably for this rapid moving thread, but I'm excited. I never got around to playing it and the Vita seems like a perfect console for that sort of game.

Also would like to say if I was a millionaire I would pay out of pocket for the first Bioshock to be on the Vita.
Eh, I 100%ed it mostly because it was pretty easy after I had finished the first playthrough (less than 5 hours total to do it all), but I wasn't that impressed with it. I was already sick of the paint mechanic before I had even finished the 1st level.

Is there some kind of invasion mechanic in Destiny? That's one of the reasons you can't pause in any of the Soul's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back