PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
how long does it take to set up an account. thinking of taking my vita up to a public place to try to get it online to see what IF any RPG games there are to download..

Anyone know of any CHEAP RPG Downloads that can go into the VITA thansks again

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Biggest Franchises on PSN in terms of games:

It's a bit of a long list, though I'd guess that a Sony franchise probably won't be picked. Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and Prince of Persia seem like the strongest candidates left in terms of number of titles and relevance with new games coming in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised if they just go for a Publisher's catalog as the final Spring Fever sale, which would probably favor EA or Namco since they haven't been a part of the previous SF sales.[/QUOTE]

In my mind you did that all from memory.

[quote name='slidecage']how hard is it to take the VITA online... can i go to a public place and do it[/QUOTE]

Yes, very easy.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']GameStop adds DLC to the end of the titles so they're not confused with their physical versions. They're in the Vita's PS Store, so you should be able to redeem the codes there as well as download them right there.[/QUOTE]
Just an update, decided to purchase the code today after finishing the trial run with my Gamefly rental. Put the code in through my Vita, and it accepted it. So I'm putting Disgaea on there right now. Thanks again FriskyTanuki.

[quote name='tylerh1701']PSN cards are 15% off this week at Toys R Us. I can confirm this, I just bought two $20 cards for $17 each. Nothing was marked at my TRU, but I took it up to the register and they rang up fine.

Was originally posted in the TRU weekly ad thread, but in case anyone missed it I figured I'd post it here.

Original TRU thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318595[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've been waiting on a deal, and wouldn't have looked in the TRU thread.

Need for Speed or Star wars would be perfect for the final week for me. I would easily buy all the star wars psp games for my vita, almost tempted now with a few of them at $10.

[quote name='oldboy26']Need for Speed or Star wars would be perfect for the final week for me. I would easily buy all the star wars psp games for my vita, almost tempted now with a few of them at $10.[/QUOTE]

I swear they just had a Star Wars game/psp not too long ago. I guess I could go for some EA action, but really dont care either way haha.

they should just discount every psone classic game by some percentage. not as large a discount as FF games, but something more like 25% off for all ps+ members. i would finally start my psone RPG collection :D

[quote name='taylort3']they should just discount every psone classic game by some percentage. not as large a discount as FF games, but something more like 25% off for all ps+ members. i would finally start my psone RPG collection :D[/QUOTE]

Why stop at PSone games? I'm thinking they should discount the entire PSN collection by 25%!!!! ;)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Why stop at PSone games? I'm thinking they should discount the entire PSN collection by 25%!!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

I would start paying for PS+ if a membership gave me an automatic 25% off everything in the store. Of course, assuming they don't mark everything up by 25%.

The franchise sale for this last week of Spring Fever with Wheel of Destruction's release ($9.99 PSN, $7.99 PS+):

Games
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+

Add-ons
Mortal Kombat - DLC Warrior Bundle - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Mortal Kombat - Freddy Krueger - $3.49 PSN - $2.44 PS+
Mortal Kombat - Kenshi - $3.49 PSN - $2.44 PS+
Mortal Kombat - Rain - $3.49 PSN - $2.44 PS+
Mortal Kombat - Skarlet - $3.49 PSN - $2.44 PS+
Mortal Kombat - Klassic Skins Pack 1 - $3.49 PSN - $2.44 PS+

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...heels-of-destruction-mortal-kombat-discounts/

[quote name='tylerh1701']hmmm...contemplating mk vs. Dc. Anybody know how big of a download it is?[/quote]

5.9 gigs.

Dear god, please pass on MK vs. DCU. I can't stand that game and I'm both a huge Mortal Kombat and a DC fan. It's just awful and extremely disappointing considering what could've been done.

I'm disappointed we're seeing a Mortal Kombat sale. I much would've preferred a NFS or Resident Evil sale, especially since I missed out on the super cheap Resident Evil PSone classics last time they went on sale.

[quote name='Tsel']Dear god, please pass on MK vs. DCU. I can't stand that game and I'm both a huge Mortal Kombat and a DC fan. It's just awful and extremely disappointing considering what could've been done.

I'm disappointed we're seeing a Mortal Kombat sale. I much would've preferred a NFS or Resident Evil sale, especially since I missed out on the super cheap Resident Evil PSone classics last time they went on sale.[/QUOTE]

I'll recommend getting Mortal Kombat vs DCU just for the hilarious scene where Sub-Zero was handcuffed by Wonder Women.
Aside from that, I would have liked a RE sale so I could finally get all the PS1 on my system. I own them all, but I want them in digital form.

Glad that folks can pick up the DLC for MK if they haven't yet for less than $2 per extra character. Also glad my digital wallet will sleep for yet another week.

Wow, Sony hasn't had a PSN sale that has interested me since the holidays. As I recall from last year, I didn't buy anything from them for like 6-9 months then they had tons of stuff on sale for good prices that I wanted.

Of course their holiday stuff that was also on sale on XBL was a fucking ripoff on PSN. The fucking PS+ cost for those things were more expensive than the XBL price and silver members were allowed to participate! I'll never forget that, I just couldn't fucking believe it.

Are the Tom Clancy PSP games on sale worth it? Anyone please let me know. I got a Vita and I'm looking for psp games for it.

I wonder when Castlevania X game will go on sale. I need it but $14 is too much for me.

as usual, no vita discounts, way to go sony, keep punishing the ones that got your product day one, my fucking vita is back on its box since theres no digital promotions, good for those who like physical copies tho

I almost responded. Almost...

Anyways, Tsel - Care to elaborate further about MK vs. DC sucking? I'm not a big fighting games fan in general, but I do really like DC.

I hope that Warner Brothers changes the MK story mode to where it's more like Deception or Armageddon from last gen. That was the only thing I disliked about MK vs. DC and the MK reboot, since it was MK fight, cutscene, MK fight, cutscene with no way to explore the game world in either title.

If done right, I really think a much more fleshed out MK RPG would work well this gen. But after the unbalanced mess that the MK reboot was(Shao Kahn was a pita unless you were super cheap or combo'd the fuck outta him) I may take a wait and see approach to the next game in the series.

Not to mention all of the nickel and dime DLC crap they pulled and then re-releasing a 'Komplete' edition.:roll:

Thanks Frisky....but ugh, I don't need MK.
The only thing I got in this whole sale was FF. Mind you I signed up for PS+ and bought all the FF games, but still, I would have liked some other franchise I personally like.
That seems selfish of me I guess.

[quote name='AoA']Thanks Frisky....but ugh, I don't need MK.
The only thing I got in this whole sale was FF. Mind you I signed up for PS+ and bought all the FF games, but still, I would have liked some other franchise I personally like.
That seems selfish of me I guess.[/QUOTE]
Personally I'd rather if they go back to the non themed weekly sales where they might actually put some halfway decent PSN titles on sale before the free months of PS+ I used the codes for actually expire in June.:roll: Thus far they've been a complete and total waste.:cry:

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']as usual, no vita discounts, way to go sony, keep punishing the ones that got your product day one, my fucking vita is back on its box since theres no digital promotions, good for those who like physical copies tho[/QUOTE]

The Vita just came out, promotions won't be for awhile.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The Vita just came out, promotions won't be for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Though it would be smart to entice people to be early adopters with lots of early digital sales. I'd say. look at all this good stuff they're giving me for cheap. I'll buy now instead of waiting 6 months for the price drop AND for all the games to go on sale.

[quote name='darknight88']Are the Tom Clancy PSP games on sale worth it? Anyone please let me know. I got a Vita and I'm looking for psp games for it.

I wonder when Castlevania X game will go on sale. I need it but $14 is too much for me.[/QUOTE]
Though I haven't played much of it yet, Tom Clancy's Endwar seems to be pretty good. It's a strategy game similar to Advance Wars with hex grids instead of squares and some other differences. I enjoyed Rainbow Six Vegas back in the day and should have better controls now with the ability to remap button-gaming to the right analog stick.

[quote name='AoA']Though it would be smart to entice people to be early adopters with lots of early digital sales. I'd say. look at all this good stuff they're giving me for cheap. I'll buy now instead of waiting 6 months for the price drop AND for all the games to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Early adopters pay premiums, that's kinda the whole point. Reducing prices early on means they're making less money from people who would pay more now. But that would explain the recent PSP sales/price drops.

[quote name='AoA']Though it would be smart to entice people to be early adopters with lots of early digital sales. I'd say. look at all this good stuff they're giving me for cheap. I'll buy now instead of waiting 6 months for the price drop AND for all the games to go on sale.[/QUOTE]
I think Sony might be planning to clearance out the PS Vita 3G version soon. They have already started doing it in Japan with a discount and free 4GB memory card with every 3G vita purchase.

Wow, what an awesome month coming up for PS+! Shank 2 (just came out in February), Shift 2 (full PS3 retail game), Frogger Returns (remake of one of my favorite classics), and Silent Hill (PS1 classic)? The value has really been exceptional thus far in 2012.

Somewhere between 4 and 9 PM EST usually.

Just a reminder for PS+ people about what's expiring with today's update:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Besides the deals for Closure and the Tom Clancy stuff, these PS+ offers will be over with as of next week's updates:

Bermuda Triangle
Robots Dynamic Theme
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Um Jammer Lammy[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/playstation-3-gets-amazon-instant-video-kinda-out-of-nowhere/

The new PS3 video service is Amazon Instant Video. It's already available under the TV/Video Services tab on the XMB in the My Channels section.

Edit: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/03/ps3-the-first-console-to-offer-amazon-instant-video/

Here's the official announcement with a video where Jeff Rubenstein demonstrates the app.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome - I generally have avoided Amazon content just so I wouldn't have to deal with the clunky ass Tivo interface. I wish the PS3 versions of Hulu/Netflix would get the same sexy facelift that the Xbox versions did, then the PS3 would earn itself a trip to the major leagues in the living room.

Geez...nothing but regret coming out of me over here with regards to those MK sales. I bought the Arcade Kollection for full price when it was released and haven't played it since. Bought Freddy and Kenshi DLC at full price too, and now I'm wishing I had waited to get them all at one low cost. I suppose I can at least go back and get Rain and Skarlet now for a slightly cheaper price.

So with all these constant sales I'm putting serious consideration into PS+. There are no cards for the service actually sold in stores right? I've looked through Best Buy, Target, and TRU and only seen the $20 and $50 cards but nothing for PS+. You can only subscribe through the PS3, correct?

[quote name='metallicoholic']Geez...nothing but regret coming out of me over here with regards to those MK sales. I bought the Arcade Kollection for full price when it was released and haven't played it since. Bought Freddy and Kenshi DLC at full price too, and now I'm wishing I had waited to get them all at one low cost. I suppose I can at least go back and get Rain and Skarlet now for a slightly cheaper price.

So with all these constant sales I'm putting serious consideration into PS+. There are no cards for the service actually sold in stores right? I've looked through Best Buy, Target, and TRU and only seen the $20 and $50 cards but nothing for PS+. You can only subscribe through the PS3, correct?[/QUOTE]

GameStop sells 3 and 12 month subscription codes online. I'm not sure if they're in store or not.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Geez...nothing but regret coming out of me over here with regards to those MK sales. I bought the Arcade Kollection for full price when it was released and haven't played it since. Bought Freddy and Kenshi DLC at full price too, and now I'm wishing I had waited to get them all at one low cost. I suppose I can at least go back and get Rain and Skarlet now for a slightly cheaper price.

So with all these constant sales I'm putting serious consideration into PS+. There are no cards for the service actually sold in stores right? I've looked through Best Buy, Target, and TRU and only seen the $20 and $50 cards but nothing for PS+. You can only subscribe through the PS3, correct?[/QUOTE]
They sell PS+ cards in store.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...9&skuId=1252962&st=playstation plus&cp=1&lp=4

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...1&skuId=1253176&st=playstation plus&cp=1&lp=5

http://www.target.com/p/Sony-Playstation-Plus-Net-12-Months/-/A-13140165

http://www.target.com/p/Sony-Playstation-Plus-Network-3-Months/-/A-13139925

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I have yet to play my copy of Mortal Kombat. Should I buy the DLC?[/QUOTE]

If you have Plus, its a no brainer. I'm not a huge fighting game guy, but this newest Mortal Kombat is probably my favorite fighting game ever. Its overflowing with content and they really managed to balance/modernized the old MK style.

As far as the DLC characters, they are all pretty great. I bought them without too much trouble as they were released (for $5 a pop, which is too much, but I really liked the game as I said). For less than $2 a piece, I don't think you can go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back