PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded Trine 2 demo yesterday to see if I'd like it. Pretty fun except I can't conjure a fucking box for the life of me. Still might as well use my one month code I got when I bought UC3 a few months backs.

[quote name='j.t']Downloaded Trine 2 demo yesterday to see if I'd like it. Pretty fun except I can't conjure a fucking box for the life of me. Still might as well use my one month code I got when I bought UC3 a few months backs.[/QUOTE]

You have to use your magic button and draw a square to conjure a box.

[quote name='j.t']Downloaded Trine 2 demo yesterday to see if I'd like it. Pretty fun except I can't conjure a fucking box for the life of me. Still might as well use my one month code I got when I bought UC3 a few months backs.[/QUOTE]

I had this problem a little bit in Trine 1 when I first started, but Trine 2 seems to have made it easier. Just hold R2 (I think) and make a circle with the right stick.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I had this problem a little bit in Trine 1 when I first started, but Trine 2 seems to have made it easier. Just hold R2 (I think) and make a circle with the right stick.[/QUOTE]
OH circle I was clicking it(R3). Thanks.

[quote name='Velo214']You will get 100%. I'm one trophy (max level) away from 100% and wishing there were more for me to do. Hoping the dlc levels/characters have dlc attached to them, but idk.

Maybe if you don't have 3 controllers, but other than that all are easy bro.[/QUOTE]

The only one I'm worried about is winning a game with three controllers. I have the controllers, but no one to really play with, so I'd have to win against three bots by myself. I've been reading up on some strategies so it might be possible, but it's still going to be pretty tough.

I finally finished downloading Trine 2 last night and I must say I'm having as much fun with it as I did with the original. Only thing I'm getting frustrated by is not being able to get all of the little powerups(blue vials, etc). Maybe I'm just outta practice from the first one or something. Either way, I'm still having a blast with it.

Wack they 30 day playstation card I receive is a free trial. I need a Credit card put up to redeem. I might try to put a visa gift card.

[quote name='j.t']Wack they 30 day playstation card I receive is a free trial. I need a Credit card put up to redeem. I might try to put a visa gift card.[/QUOTE]
If it's one of the ones that they sent out via email a while ago, then it's also expired by now. I think it expired in March sometime.

i won the 3 local with my 7 and 8 year olds, lol. I just played the healer and told them what upgrades to get and would tell them to charge with me. it was fun but seemed lil hectic, haha. my daughter just wanted to be the cowboy cuz she loves horses, haha.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The only one I'm worried about is winning a game with three controllers. I have the controllers, but no one to really play with, so I'd have to win against three bots by myself. I've been reading up on some strategies so it might be possible, but it's still going to be pretty tough.[/QUOTE]

I managed to get this earlier with just myself and having two other controlled characters sit in the base the whole time (3v1). Granted, it wasn't easy but as long as you pick the character you're best at it might just take some time and some luck. Bots are pretty damn smart in this game, which I like. Just make sure you keep an eye on top and bottom and don't let one get overrun.

Finally tried out Awesomenauts tonight. I had fun, but it seemed like every time my team started to lose my teammates bailed on me (disconnected). Also, a few times right when I was about to kill an ememy he'd disconnect, which I guess warped him away so a new person or bot would start at the base? It robbed me of several kills.

[quote name='Backlash']Finally tried out Awesomenauts tonight. I had fun, but it seemed like every time my team started to lose my teammates bailed on me (disconnected). Also, a few times right when I was about to kill an ememy he'd disconnect, which I guess warped him away so a new person or bot would start at the base? It robbed me of several kills.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me this afternoon. As soon as my team started to lose they bailed. I think it's funny how some gamers can't a loss in a match.

:lol: That reminds me of the times when I'd play a game competitively against others. I would routinely suicide myself rather than let an opponent get a kill on me.

[quote name='Bumslie']Same thing happened to me this afternoon. As soon as my team started to lose they bailed. I think it's funny how some gamers can't a loss in a match.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to online gaming :wave:

[quote name='rpghope18']I managed to get this earlier with just myself and having two other controlled characters sit in the base the whole time (3v1). Granted, it wasn't easy but as long as you pick the character you're best at it might just take some time and some luck. Bots are pretty damn smart in this game, which I like. Just make sure you keep an eye on top and bottom and don't let one get overrun.[/QUOTE]

I read that the bots go after every turret, so if there is one on top of the other, they'll try to take out both of them before progressing.

I think what I'ma try to do is have a team of Leon, Froggy, and Clunk. I'll use Leon to kill bots to rack up Solar and then I heard Froggy can be good at taking out turrets with his tornado. Then, if I die, I have Clunk and Leon as backups, and Clunk is an awesome tank.

And disconnecting sucks in Awesomenauts. The next time you play, you don't get a win bonus. One time I disconnected, it was cause I got invited by a friend and I think the other was because I was gettin pissed at my moron teammates. I stupidly chose the healer and they kept runnin away from me even though I was tryin to heal them.

I've had my eye on Awesomenauts for a while and so far I'm very pleased with it. Froggy G is my shit, I love his music too. Anyone else notice all the trophies are 80's cartoon related? I just hope the developer can recover from whatever troubles they're in and release some more content for the game.

Has anyone messed around with the Pixeljunk 4am Beta yet?

[quote name='PimpLimp']I've had my eye on Awesomenauts for a while and so far I'm very pleased with it. Froggy G is my shit, I love his music too. Anyone else notice all the trophies are 80's cartoon related? I just hope the developer can recover from whatever troubles they're in and release some more content for the game.

Has anyone messed around with the Pixeljunk 4am Beta yet?[/QUOTE]

I've messed around with the ps plus live viewer and it literally seems like only 3 people have the actual beta.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I've had my eye on Awesomenauts for a while and so far I'm very pleased with it. Froggy G is my shit, I love his music too. Anyone else notice all the trophies are 80's cartoon related? I just hope the developer can recover from whatever troubles they're in and release some more content for the game.

Has anyone messed around with the Pixeljunk 4am Beta yet?[/QUOTE]

Developer of the game isn't in trouble, the publisher is.

PJ 4am viewer is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

[quote name='Bumslie']Same thing happened to me this afternoon. As soon as my team started to lose they bailed. I think it's funny how some gamers can't a loss in a match.[/QUOTE]
Sounds more like a failure in game design. People don't rage quit because they can't handle it, they do it because rewards for loss aren't valued high enough for their time. Some people (elitists like me) will also quit if they deem their teammates are complete droolers and don't wish to carry them to victory. As punishment, we leave them to fail on their own.

[quote name='Jodou']Sounds more like a failure in game design. People don't rage quit because they can't handle it, they do it because rewards for loss aren't valued high enough for their time.[/QUOTE]It's a bit depressing that gaming has reached the point where players feel the need to be rewarded for failing.

[quote name='Jodou']Some people (elitists like me) will also quit if they deem their teammates are complete droolers and don't wish to carry them to victory. As punishment, we leave them to fail on their own.[/QUOTE]I guess I'm in the opposite camp. I can't tell you how many times I've played COD and have been the only one with a positive score on my team at the end of the match. While losing can be a bit frustrating it also provides you the opportunity to learn from mistakes and become a better player in the long run. If you manage to carry a bad team to victory then the sense of accomplishment is that much greater.

[quote name='Jodou']Sounds more like a failure in game design. People don't rage quit because they can't handle it, they do it because rewards for loss aren't valued high enough for their time. Some people (elitists like me) will also quit if they deem their teammates are complete droolers and don't wish to carry them to victory. As punishment, we leave them to fail on their own.[/QUOTE]

I've only played one online console game, but I believe that makes you a "douche bag elite" or a "doucher".

I am still learning the terms though.

[quote name='Thrinn']
I guess I'm in the opposite camp. I can't tell you how many times I've played COD and have been the only one with a positive score on my team at the end of the match. While losing can be a bit frustrating it also provides you the opportunity to learn from mistakes and become a better player in the long run. If you manage to carry a bad team to victory then the sense of accomplishment is that much greater.[/QUOTE]

This is what I do. I don't know if there is a name for that.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's a bit depressing that gaming has reached the point where players feel the need to be rewarded for failing.[/QUOTE]
Hate the game, not the player. When I first started playing MP games the only reward was bragging rights for 30-0 in de_dust2. No stat-tracking, killstreaks, unlocks, exp or any of that nonsense. Once the rewards entered to appease casual gamers, it was all downhill.

[quote name='Jodou']Hate the game, not the player. When I first started playing MP games the only reward was bragging rights for 30-0 in de_dust2. No stat-tracking, killstreaks, unlocks, exp or any of that nonsense. Once the rewards entered to appease casual gamers, it was all downhill.[/QUOTE]

Italy > dust

That's roughly when I quit non-MMO multiplayer myself too. Used to have like 160/2/3 rating on Starcraft also =P

[quote name='Jodou']Sounds more like a failure in game design. People don't rage quit because they can't handle it, they do it because rewards for loss aren't valued high enough for their time. Some people (elitists like me) will also quit if they deem their teammates are complete droolers and don't wish to carry them to victory. As punishment, we leave them to fail on their own.[/QUOTE]

If you quit because you are losing, you are a loser. No justification you come up with will change that.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you quit because you are losing, you are a loser. No justification you come up with will change that.[/QUOTE]
Facts may not justify it, but I don't really give a shit either way lol.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you quit because you are losing, you are a loser. No justification you come up with will change that.[/QUOTE]
The only reason I ever quit a game is because my actual playtime is made up of the following repeated cycle: Spawn, headshotted, dead, respawn, rinse, repeat, annoyed.

I was having this happen on Battlefield1943 last week with a particular sniping camper who I could never figure out the location of. I'd peek out to attempt popping someone else and BOOM....headshot on me.

It really is quite frustrating to sit there and be annihilated by one person who never moves and you can never find. If it makes me a loser cuz I ragequit out of a game where I can't even get one kill because I keep getting popped, then so be it. But like Jodou said, I don't give a shit what others think about how I play a game.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, Awp valley? Yuck.[/QUOTE]

What? de_dust2 was more of an AWP valley. Massive dip between CT and T, where the T always camps?

How's cs_italy remotely as bad?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only reason I ever quit a game is because my actual playtime is made up of the following repeated cycle: Spawn, headshotted, dead, respawn, rinse, repeat, annoyed.

I was having this happen on Battlefield1943 last week with a particular sniping camper who I could never figure out the location of. I'd peek out to attempt popping someone else and BOOM....headshot on me.

It really is quite frustrating to sit there and be annihilated by one person who never moves and you can never find. If it makes me a loser cuz I ragequit out of a game where I can't even get one kill because I keep getting popped, then so be it. But like Jodou said, I don't give a shit what others think about how I play a game.[/QUOTE]

That's funny because you've previously admitted to taking advantage of glitches in MP games and spawn camping.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's funny because you've previously admitted to taking advantage of glitches in MP games and spawn camping.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Except I don't play competitive multiplayer 9 times outta 10 anymore. If anything, I play around in the open world in GTA's free mode flying around under the map with choppers and flying up into buildings and sitting there with the choppers. Then I watch people come by where I am, trying to kill me by firing their weapons and then I annihilate em with an RPG.;):booty:

It's one thing to camp in one spot and pop people before they even have a chance to react and get to cover. But what I do is a whole different beast imo.

[quote name='elessar123']What? de_dust2 was more of an AWP valley. Massive dip between CT and T, where the T always camps?

How's cs_italy remotely as bad?[/QUOTE]
T's would just camp the house and awp from the second floor. There really was no defense unless they were horrible shots or you snuck up the side of the house. Yeah there was sniping in dust2, but neither side had a clear advantage unless you were a noob rushing middle at round start.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/06/the-drop-week-of-may-7th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Datura (PlayStation Move/3D Support)– Datura is an experimental interactive project from Plastic, creators of Linger in Shadows. Discover an eerie, intriguing realm in this unique, interactive art experience where little is ever as it seems and mystery and surprise await your every move. Interact with your surroundings and attempt to answer three questions: why are you here? What are you supposed to do now? And is there a way out? Solve puzzles and discover hidden mysteries that will take you beyond the world as you know it.

Need for Speed: The Run (Full PS3 Game) – Adrenaline junkies and speed fiends will find themselves on the wrong side of the law when they race for their lives in Need for Speed: The Run. This game takes players on a heart-pounding cross-country race from San Francisco to New York. Players are lured into an underground world of illicit, high-stakes racing. The heat is on — and it isn’t just the fuzz who are after you. Entering the race is just the beginning as you blow across borders, weave through dense urban traffic, rocket down icy mountain passes and navigate narrow canyons at breakneck speeds.

Saints Row: The Third (Full PS3 Game) – Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you. The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute.

PS3 Demos

Spec Ops: The Line

minis

Knight Fortix 2

Wow you sound like a douche. You really just said that if you feel like your teammates arent up to par you will quit the match and leave them to lose worse. What a shmuck

Your like the video game equivalent of Lebron James. Maybe very skilled but lacking in all the qualities to win against difficult odds. So you have to align yourself with other proven winners with better leadership qualities to be successful. I'd rather be D Wade personally, at least he was busting his ass in Miami during their down years, and people respect him, I dont know how many people respect Queen James

Just wanted to say that Trine 2 is an awesome game. I didnt think they could make it prettier than Trine 1, but somehow they made 2 a huge leap forward. The graphics really are amazing to me.

[quote name='wrencrest']Just wanted to say that Trine 2 is an awesome game. I didnt think they could make it prettier than Trine 1, but somehow they made 2 a huge leap forward. The graphics really are amazing to me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it was gorgeous and I really enjoyed my time with it. Some of the puzzles didn't feel quite as clever, but that's probably just because it's a sequel and a lot of the "wow" factor from the first one was gone. Also slight spoiler,
the final boss battle was disappointingly easy. I guess the game isn't really about combat, but I was hoping for something more than that. The tower at the end of the first game was a million times better.

My biggest gripe about the game were the trophies. As a trophy hunter and enthusiast, I like to see well implemented trophies that encourage progress within the game. I easily would have gone back through the levels to collect all the XP bottles, poems, and pictures. Instead, I went back only to shatter 3 enemies frozen in ice at one time and have 10 enemies kill each other.

My encouragement to collect all the collectibles was basically to get new upgrades that weren't needed in the slightest.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...orrow-san-francisco-community-event-thursday/

Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15:

PixelJunk Eden - $1
PixelJunk Monsters - $1
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe - PSP (Vita on May 15) - $5
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap - $1
PixelJunk Shooter - $1
PixelJunk Shooter 2 - $5
PixelJunk Sidescroller - $5

Hey everyone, it’s been awhile since I wrote a Blog entry but today I have a really good reason to. In order to celebrate TEN years of Q-Games we decided to set up the ultimate BLOWOUT PixelJunk sale!!

The PixelJunk series has been a huge success for us, so to celebrate Q’s 10th anniversary (and also PixelJunk’s fifth), for a limited time we are slashing the prices of Racers, Monsters, Eden, and Shooter to just ONE DOLLAR. Yes, you heard correctly! On top of this, we are also slashing the prices for PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe (PSP), PixelJunk Shooter 2 and PixelJunk SideScroller by HALF! You have no choice but to snap them all up the very moment the sale goes live tomorrow afternoon with the PlayStation Store update! Spread the word and let’s go PixelJunk crazy for a week! Actually, make that TWO weeks because after the sale, PixelJunk 4am will be launched (May 15th) and it is simply an incredibly unique experience.

For those of you anxious to get your hands on PixelJunk 4am, we will be hosting a PlayStation PixelJunk 4am Event open to the community on Thursday, May 10 from 6:00 to 9:00pm at Harlot in San Francisco. The first 75 attendees will receive a free copy of PixelJunk 4am when it is live on the PlayStation Store on Tuesday, May 15. Spread the word, Baiyon and I would love to meet you (psst…you must be 21+ to attend).

In the 10 years since I started Q-Games we’ve made a huge amount of games and technology for the PlayStation family and I’d like to highlight a few key moments in our history. Did you know that we made the PlayStation 3 “ribbon” and “sparkly dust” background on the XMB, as well as parts of the XMB graphical frontend? If you let the “About PS3″ credits roll you will actually see the Q-Games logo! Before that, on PSP, we developed some of the really cool technology demos that were shown at E3 all the way back in 2004. We also developed the PS3′s music visualizers, beginning with the “valley” default and culminating in the awesome “earth” visualizer – which was actually developed initially as a possible boot sequence for the PS3!! Ken Kutaragi envisioned a boot sequence similar to the sequence in Kubrick’s “2001 – A Space Odyssey” where you see a simultaneous moon and sunrise, but changed his mind and it became the even cooler “orchestral tuning” sequence that it is now. However, we continued working on it in secret, adding more resolution and detail until they gave in and let us sneak-release it into a firmware update a few years back.

Five years ago, with the launch of PSN, one of the guys at SCEI (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. in Tokyo) casually suggested I consider making PSN games. I initially dismissed the idea, imagining SD 480i quality games, but once I plugged my brand-new PS3 into a 1080p TV via a HDMI cable and saw the amazing resolution and color reproduction it clicked that perhaps it represented a chance to rejuvenate 2D gaming. So I got to work preparing concepts for games that took some old ideas, added some new ones, and most importantly updated them to use the incredible extra detail and crisp colors of 1080p. Thus PixelJunk was born!

The first game was PixelJunk Racers, a game designed pretty much to only be playable in 1080p and a game that was impossible in SD because of the hundreds of tiny cars racing around the screen – quite often portrayed as a “black sheep” in the PixelJunk stable, Racers is really quite a unique game and is a great party experience, allowing you to play with up to SEVEN players simultaneously – young kids absolutely love it too and we have plenty of diehard fans which is why we updated it to become PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap. Anyway, Racers launched us into self-publishing here in Japan which was also a lot of fun (suddenly we were not just a developer but a publisher too!), and started our arrangement with Santa Monica Studios to release the PixelJunk series in the West.

We developed the PixelJunk games in parallel and a few months after Racers we launched the smash hit PixelJunk Monsters which has been extremely popular over the years (oh, and the “Deluxe” PSP version will even run on your PS Vita as of May 15th!). Also, during the development of Racers I had the good fortune to bump into a Kyoto-based DJ and artist called “Baiyon” at a party held by a mutual friend and he seemed like an interesting guy so I decided to make our third game a little bit more “artsy” and brought him in to collaborate with us on it, giving birth to PixelJunk Eden! Just look at those CMYK colours – HDMI pushed to the extreme!

For our fourth title we had a naming contest which helped us decide on the name for “PixelJunk 1-4″ to be “PixelJunk Shooter” (yes, “PixelJunk Elements” was also popular but sorry folks it didn’t capture the “sci-fi” spirit enough for me – besides the acronym would be PJE and we already had a PJE in the series…). The concept for Shooter was decided right at the start of the PixelJunk project but the fluid technology took a little time to develop and flesh out, and by the time we had got to the point where we were thinking about music I had persuaded my old friend Alex “The Orb” Paterson to work with us on the soundtrack. He had just started an interesting collaboration with Dom Beken in the form of High Frequency Bandwidth (HFB for short) whose style of music is a kind of retro “b movie dub techno” was a perfect fit for the world we were creating in Shooter. This led us to collaborate on the sequel “Shooter 2″ and our very latest release last year “PixelJunk SideScroller” (which is totally awesome by the way).

Which leads us to the upcoming release of PixelJunk 4am which, although it isn’t a “game” per se, is deeply engaging and a fun experience for everyone. Every time you play you are broadcasting live to the world! It’s really really addictive and you’ll find your PlayStation Move is being used in ways you never imagined!

Well that was a long post, but hey I hadn’t posted in a while – now PixelJunkies, go forth and spread the word, the PixelJunk BLOWOUT sale is ON!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Agreed, it was gorgeous and I really enjoyed my time with it. Some of the puzzles didn't feel quite as clever, but that's probably just because it's a sequel and a lot of the "wow" factor from the first one was gone. Also slight spoiler,
the final boss battle was disappointingly easy. I guess the game isn't really about combat, but I was hoping for something more than that. The tower at the end of the first game was a million times better.

My biggest gripe about the game were the trophies. As a trophy hunter and enthusiast, I like to see well implemented trophies that encourage progress within the game. I easily would have gone back through the levels to collect all the XP bottles, poems, and pictures. Instead, I went back only to shatter 3 enemies frozen in ice at one time and have 10 enemies kill each other.

My encouragement to collect all the collectibles was basically to get new upgrades that weren't needed in the slightest.[/QUOTE]

That's your fault though, not the game's. Trophies shouldn't keep you from doing what you want.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...orrow-san-francisco-community-event-thursday/

Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15:

PixelJunk Eden - $1
PixelJunk Monsters - $1
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe - PSP (Vita on May 15) - $5
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap - $1
PixelJunk Shooter - $1
PixelJunk Shooter 2 - $5
PixelJunk Sidescroller - $5[/QUOTE]

I can honestly say that I don't recommend PixelJunk Eden for $1.

Monsters, 2nd Lap, and Shooter 1 are all no-brainers for $1 (although I'm not the biggest fan of the Shooter series either). I'd recommend Sidescroller for $5 as well, that's what I paid for it and had a good but brief time with it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's your fault though, not the game's. Trophies shouldn't keep you from doing what you want.[/QUOTE]

Probably, but trophies CAN act as added encouragement to further explore games. They can for me, anyway.

@FriskyTanuki

I want to first thank you for this thread, as I've used it ever since you made it weekly as my go-to source for all PSN updates. It has been invaluable and probably one of the best threads on this site.

Second, I just want to mention how much I appreciate you adding the end dates on some of the items, especially the free stuff from PS+. Reason being is that I'm away for the rest of the week so I'm not able to grab stuff like Trine 2 and Awesomenauts for a little while.

Long story short, thanks for this thread!

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Wow you sound like a douche. You really just said that if you feel like your teammates arent up to par you will quit the match and leave them to lose worse. What a shmuck

Your like the video game equivalent of Lebron James. Maybe very skilled but lacking in all the qualities to win against difficult odds. So you have to align yourself with other proven winners with better leadership qualities to be successful. I'd rather be D Wade personally, at least he was busting his ass in Miami during their down years, and people respect him, I dont know how many people respect Queen James[/QUOTE]
You think that's bad? I once drove my team into the gas pumps in the one gas station in GTA IV in a game of Cops & Crooks after they were being a buncha princesses prattling on about how they just kicked another fellow CAG from the game because they didn't like how he was playing.

Then again, that was probably also because he was more like me and wasn't there for social hour about the sports game of the night and was there to play a game.:D

It's one thing to sit in the lobby for a couple minutes while waiting for some competition, but wholly another thing to sit there solely for the chance to bs incessantly. Yet none of them would ever change over to a no friendly fire free mode game where you could leave mics on for all and bs while at least fuckin around in the game.

Wowzers! What great prices! I want to spend a dollar on each of those games but I already have them all. Please oh please make the expansions be on sale too.

I think I'll get Monsters for the PSP though.

And I thought Eden was great at full price. I loved it so much, I would buy it again for a dollar if I could.

Hot damn at the Pixeljunk sale. Already got Sidescroller when it was on sale for 1/2 off, but gonna get Eden (a shame Encore isn't gonna be discounted), probably Racers (anyone wanna vouch for that?), Shooter, & Shooter 2. $8 for 4 PSN games is a pretty awesome deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back