PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheLongshot']I think looking at all the free games this month (Trine 2, Castlevania, Awesomenauts, Rock Of Ages) should give you an idea of what it is worth. While some of us have gotten a discount on membership (I paid $40 for mine.), it is well worth the $50/year for the free games. On top of that, you get cloud saves and discounts on games.

Just make sure you time your registration with something you want to get maximum value.[/QUOTE]
Yeah just the free games this month is worth it. :D

Quick question, the free psp games, as long as they are supported for the ps vita. I can download them to my ps vita, right? just making sure. :D Sucks I wish I brought my ps vita to work today. :whistle2:(

Also are they any deals currently for a PS+ subscription going on?

I got Plus from an eBay seller for around $25. Totally worth it. Free games aside, the fact that it auto-downloads and installs updates in the middle of the night is brilliant. As a 360 fanboy, I play a lot more PS3 since I got Plus.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I got Plus from an eBay seller for around $25. Totally worth it. Free games aside, the fact that it auto-downloads and installs updates in the middle of the night is brilliant. As a 360 fanboy, I play a lot more PS3 since I got Plus.[/QUOTE]
what do you mean by auto-downloads in the middle of the night?

also $25 that's a great deal

[quote name='TheNeck']what do you mean by auto-downloads in the middle of the night?

also $25 that's a great deal[/QUOTE]
There's an automatic update feature where you can set your PS3 to turn on at a specific time to check for updates to games you've played and download them along with uploading trophies, finish downloads and install them, download certain games/betas/videos that Sony pushes to members, upload your latest saves to the cloud, and download firmware updates for you.

[quote name='TheNeck']what do you mean by auto-downloads in the middle of the night?

also $25 that's a great deal[/QUOTE]

One of the benefits of PS+ is you can have your PS3 wake up in the middle of the night to download firmware updates, download patches for recently-played games, download selected featured demos, and upload save data to your cloud storage.

EDIT: Yeah, what Frisky said.

I set my auto-download for the middle of the day in the event patches are released. That way, I can enjoy my games at night in what little time I have.

Is there a way for me to redeem codes on the PS Store even though I don't have access to my system at the moment?

In other words... can I redeem codes on a PC?

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Is there a way for me to redeem codes on the PS Store even though I don't have access to my system at the moment?

In other words... can I redeem codes on a PC?[/QUOTE]

You can redeem them online but they won't start downloading, what's the rush?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You can redeem them online but they won't start downloading, what's the rush?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the response.

I want to check if the code is still valid. No rush really, but would rather know now instead of getting home to punch the codes in.

How would one go about redeeming a code online? Do you know?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com[/QUOTE]
Thanks dude.

Worked like a charm. Very cool. I like.

Now to re-up PS+. I never thought I would pay for this, but the freebies truly make this worth it. I find it really difficult for PS hater to really argue against PS+.

I honestly couldn't recommend this premium service anymore than I already have.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I understand the point you're trying to make, but you can redeem codes online here.[/QUOTE]

Hey Frisky, is this a link that you might be able to put in your FAQ section? Maybe as an addition to answer #2? Maybe indicating that you can't buy from PSN through their website but you can redeem codes? Or is this link somewhere else already and I just didn't see it?

Edited to add - Oops! Someone else was asking about this site at the same time. Yes, that link.

So I finally looked up this free Awesomenauts game: side-scrolling tower defense. Yawn. All these free games and nothing I care about. :\

[quote name='Jodou']So I finally looked up this free Awesomenauts game: side-scrolling tower defense. Yawn. All these free games and nothing I care about. :\[/QUOTE]

Basically my reaction to it. A less fun Swords & Soldiers. Still, it is good exposure for some of these games.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Basically my reaction to it. A less fun Swords & Soldiers. Still, it is good exposure for some of these games.[/QUOTE]
It's more like side-scrolling MOBA, which includes games like League of Legends and the dueling DOTA games from Valve and Blizzard. Swords & Soldiers was sort of a dumbed-down version of that same model without the focus on multiplayer.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Did you play it, Jodou?[/QUOTE]
Nah, I have zero interest in those type of games. When I just want to waste time for an hour or two, my go to game is Killing Floor.

The new PS Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:

Games
Datura - $9.99, $7.99 PS+ - Move Compatible
Need for Speed: The Run
Saints Row The Third

Minis
Knight Fortix 2

Demos
Spec Ops: The Line

Add-ons
Asura's Wrath
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Disgaea 4
MotorStorm RC
SoulCalibur V
Street Fighter X Tekken

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I'm enjoying Walking Dead so far!

Shocked that Legend of Dragoon was only $5.99 - that was a 4-disc game back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Great deal at $5.99!
Hope they release Dark Cloud in PSN too!
I want to play that on my PSP! hehe!

Might be a silly question but does anyone know if any of the current PS Plus offers/free games are Vita-friendly? Really considering getting a 1-year membership and having Castlevania + Awesomenauts on the vita would be great. Thanks in advance!

hah nope. PS+ is currently for ps3 only (unless you count minis/psone games that work on psp) as of right now, in North America both the free PS+ minis and psone games do not work on vita in addition to all the other content exclusive for ps3.

^ Whaaa? PS+ doesn't work for Vita? That sucks. Another reason not to get a Vita, then. I thought at least I'd finally find a use for all those Minis I keep getting ;). And I figured I'd finally try FF VII (just about the only PS1 game I'd like to play). Oh well, maybe they'll change that later. It seems that not only should Minis and PS1 games work but they should have free Vita-exclusive games too. That would be a big incentive for me, anyway, to pick up a Vita.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's an automatic update feature where you can set your PS3 to turn on at a specific time to check for updates to games you've played and download them along with uploading trophies, finish downloads and install them, download certain games/betas/videos that Sony pushes to members, upload your latest saves to the cloud, and download firmware updates for you.[/QUOTE]

See, this is a feature I don't want. Thankfully you can disable it. I don't have unlimited space on my 2 PS3's and wouldn't want either updating games I'm not planning on playing soon (or again) and 100% I do not want other crap pushed to my system. I also don't like my saves auto-uploaded because sometimes I use the PS+ save as a backup for something that has been overwritten locally (think Dark Souls). But I use the manual cloud save feature all the time. It is even a convenient way of transferring saves from downstairs to upstairs (yeah, I could use a USB flash drive for most of them but the cloud save is still more convenient).

Part of the reason I didn't enable the auto-updates originally was that my cable company had a 100GB/month cap and started charging for overages last summer. With Netflix and my son playing the 360 online all the time we were hitting about 125GB. I didn't want several GB more of demos and stuff dumped on my PS3 for no reason. But I fixed that problem (by switching to my local phone company's fiber optic-based ISP which is not only unlimited but much faster and more reliable) so I could switch it on if I got a bigger HD installed...

[quote name='io']^ Whaaa? PS+ doesn't work for Vita? That sucks. Another reason not to get a Vita, then. I thought at least I'd finally find a use for all those Minis I keep getting ;). And I figured I'd finally try FF VII (just about the only PS1 game I'd like to play). Oh well, maybe they'll change that later. It seems that not only should Minis and PS1 games work but they should have free Vita-exclusive games too. That would be a big incentive for me, anyway, to pick up a Vita.[/quote]
PS+ works on Vita. They just haven't offered much of anything that works on it yet, though they're still working on getting more PSP, Minis, and PS1 games to be compatible and in the store. Minis and such that are on sale for PS+ show up in the store at that price. It would be a really dumb move to make future PS1 games Vita exclusives and screw over the PS3 and PSP owners.
[quote name='io']I also don't like my saves auto-uploaded because sometimes I use the PS+ save as a backup for something that has been overwritten locally (think Dark Souls). But I use the manual cloud save feature all the time. It is even a convenient way of transferring saves from downstairs to upstairs (yeah, I could use a USB flash drive for most of them but the cloud save is still more convenient).[/quote]
You have to set each game individually for them to auto-upload saves, so that shouldn't been an issue. You can have the games you want to stay updated set to on and those you want to control manually set to off.

[quote name='io']^ Whaaa? PS+ doesn't work for Vita? That sucks. Another reason not to get a Vita, then. I thought at least I'd finally find a use for all those Minis I keep getting ;). And I figured I'd finally try FF VII (just about the only PS1 game I'd like to play). Oh well, maybe they'll change that later. It seems that not only should Minis and PS1 games work but they should have free Vita-exclusive games too. That would be a big incentive for me, anyway, to pick up a Vita.

See, this is a feature I don't want. Thankfully you can disable it. I don't have unlimited space on my 2 PS3's and wouldn't want either updating games I'm not planning on playing soon (or again) and 100% I do not want other crap pushed to my system. I also don't like my saves auto-uploaded because sometimes I use the PS+ save as a backup for something that has been overwritten locally (think Dark Souls). But I use the manual cloud save feature all the time. It is even a convenient way of transferring saves from downstairs to upstairs (yeah, I could use a USB flash drive for most of them but the cloud save is still more convenient).

Part of the reason I didn't enable the auto-updates originally was that my cable company had a 100GB/month cap and started charging for overages last summer. With Netflix and my son playing the 360 online all the time we were hitting about 125GB. I didn't want several GB more of demos and stuff dumped on my PS3 for no reason. But I fixed that problem (by switching to my local phone company's fiber optic-based ISP which is not only unlimited but much faster and more reliable) so I could switch it on if I got a bigger HD installed...[/QUOTE]

Eh, I think that'd be a reason not to get Plus, not a reason not to get a Vita, considering Plus was never intended to be a Vita service.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']PS+ works on Vita. They just haven't offered much of anything that works on it yet, though they're still working on getting more PSP, Minis, and PS1 games to be compatible and in the store. Minis and such that are on sale for PS+ show up in the store at that price. It would be a really dumb move to make future PS1 games Vita exclusives and screw over the PS3 and PSP owners.

You have to set each game individually for them to auto-upload saves, so that shouldn't been an issue. You can have the games you want to stay updated set to on and those you want to control manually set to off.[/QUOTE]

I meant Vita-exclusive games (as in PSN-type games coded exclusively for Vita), not PS1 and Minis exclusive to Vita - would have never considered that! But I guess I don't understand your comment - aren't all PS1 and Minis that you buy compatible with Vita? And are you saying that there actual PSP downloadable games that don't work with it? That is ridiculous if so - I thought it would work with all that stuff out of the box. I thought what MagicMan was saying was that the free games don't work - as in they haven't gotten the PS+ timed licensing thing implemented for Vita (though again that would surprise me since they could have built that in from the start on that device).

And yeah, I know you config game saves on a game-by-game basis. My default is always to say no, mo matter what - though I suppose it would be useful on occasion. It is more the auto-updating and game/demo pushing that I don't like.

As for that other guys comments, hey, I don't know much about Vita. But I do know Sony touts all this cross-connectivity with the PS3 in their marketing. It would be natural to expect PS+ to work seemlessly as well. I just assumed they would have Vita stuff available for PS+ members. So, yeah, it is a reason (for me) not to get one. I thought I'd get some crossover of PS+ benefits.

The Vita just launched, so the amount of content they could give out is pretty small at the moment. I'd expect more sales on Vita stuff for PS+ members than games for now.

Word of warning about Trine 2:
*Change the save slot to any empty slot like 2, 3, 4, or 5 before trying multiplayer*

I beat the game single player, then decided to try out multiplayer for fun. Well after I quit out of a game, it saves the level 3 progress of some random game over my fully beaten high XP slot 1. Oops. Had to use my PS+ cloud storage backup, but I still lost/had to redo 4 levels, some XP/secrets etc.

Otherwise, awesome game.

[quote name='io']I meant Vita-exclusive games (as in PSN-type games coded exclusively for Vita), not PS1 and Minis exclusive to Vita - would have never considered that! But I guess I don't understand your comment - aren't all PS1 and Minis that you buy compatible with Vita? And are you saying that there actual PSP downloadable games that don't work with it? That is ridiculous if so - I thought it would work with all that stuff out of the box. I thought what MagicMan was saying was that the free games don't work - as in they haven't gotten the PS+ timed licensing thing implemented for Vita (though again that would surprise me since they could have built that in from the start on that device).

And yeah, I know you config game saves on a game-by-game basis. My default is always to say no, mo matter what - though I suppose it would be useful on occasion. It is more the auto-updating and game/demo pushing that I don't like.

As for that other guys comments, hey, I don't know much about Vita. But I do know Sony touts all this cross-connectivity with the PS3 in their marketing. It would be natural to expect PS+ to work seemlessly as well. I just assumed they would have Vita stuff available for PS+ members. So, yeah, it is a reason (for me) not to get one. I thought I'd get some crossover of PS+ benefits.[/QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:

No PSOne Classics currently work on PS Vita.
Minis DO work on PS Vita, except for Minis that were given to you free for PS+.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:

No PSOne Classics currently work on PS Vita.
Minis DO work on PS Vita, except for Minis that were given to you free for PS+.[/QUOTE]
A few Minis work, but most don't and that also includes most of the PS+ Minis.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']A few Minis work, but most don't and that also includes most of the PS+ Minis.[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad. Thank you.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys really don't like Awesomenauts? Weird, especially cause it was free for most of us.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed my time with it, I need to get back to it.

[quote name='io']IAnd yeah, I know you config game saves on a game-by-game basis. My default is always to say no, mo matter what - though I suppose it would be useful on occasion. It is more the auto-updating and game/demo pushing that I don't like.
[/QUOTE]

It doesn't push games/demos to your PS3 that I know of. It does update the firmware, which I like because you have to update it to play online anyway. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it only auto-updates games that you have played recently, so it wouldn't auto-update old games that you no longer care about.

Not trying to convince you to turn it on IO, just trying to set the record straight (and make sure I know how it works).

[quote name='Backlash']It doesn't push games/demos to your PS3 that I know of. It does update the firmware, which I like because you have to update it to play online anyway. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it only auto-updates games that you have played recently, so it wouldn't auto-update old games that you no longer care about.

Not trying to convince you to turn it on IO, just trying to set the record straight (and make sure I know how it works).[/QUOTE]

I thought it did auto-download some hyped demos/betas (like the recent Ghost Recon or Starhawk (?) betas). At least it showed up in my messages last time I turned on my ps3. And it works - I tend to try stuff it auto-downloads because why the hell not? I can definitely see that as a negative for some folks, but it doesn't trouble me.

The auto downloading of patches and firmware is awesome though, and I'm a sucker for cloud save type stuff because I tend to hold on to my "completed" saved games forever (I just got rid of a PS1 memory card with my FF7 and FFT saves). So having a backup copy makes me feel better.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Awesomenauts is pretty awesome. I'm kinda bummed that I probably won't get 100% trophies but ah well.[/QUOTE]

You will get 100%. I'm one trophy (max level) away from 100% and wishing there were more for me to do. Hoping the dlc levels/characters have dlc attached to them, but idk.

Maybe if you don't have 3 controllers, but other than that all are easy bro.

Trine 2 is quite a surprise, I'm really enjoying it. I have both 360/PS3 and never heard of this game when it came out, not sure how I missed it.

Sure love my PS+, well worth it, IMO.

I own but never played Trine 1. Should I actually play it first before playing my free Trine 2?
I don't know how long I have left on my PS+, so I should take advantage of Trine 2 but I don't know if there is some reason to play them in order.

[quote name='AoA']I own but never played Trine 1. Should I actually play it first before playing my free Trine 2?
I don't know how long I have left on my PS+, so I should take advantage of Trine 2 but I don't know if there is some reason to play them in order.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing, are both stories directly related?

The PS+ update can be configured to only upload/download what you want. You can disable the demo downloading but leave firmware or game updating on (or vice versa for whatever reason). Check the settings.

You play as the same characters in Trine 1 and Trine 2. 1 kind of explains how the three were connected and a little bit of background on them, so if you have time I'd say play 1 before 2.

However, there's not a whole lot of story in Trine 1 (that I can recall), so I don't see that playing 2 first would make all that much difference, other than kind of wondering who these characters are.

Source: Played all of Trine 1 of the first couple chapters in Trine 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you turn on auto update there are several "check boxes" for what you want it to do.

it can just sync trophies if you want, or it can just download patches, etc. there may be no choice about trophy sync, but many of the options you can opt out of.

I played Trine 1 and none of Trine 2 yet, but it doesnt appear that anything really is missed if you dont play Trine 1 first. HOWEVER, Trine 1 was a very fun game and 2 is supposed to be more of the same. I would highly recommend playing 1 first just because its a very good game and wont take long to complete either. One of my fav PSN games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You play as the same characters in Trine 1 and Trine 2. 1 kind of explains how the three were connected and a little bit of background on the, so if you have time I'd say play 1 before 2.

However, there's not a whole lot of story in Trine 1 (that I can recall), so I don't see that playing 2 first would make all that much difference, other than kind of wondering who these characters are.

Source: Played all of Trine 1 of the first couple chapters in Trine 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I'll play Trine 1 first then.

I also have not played the first Trine, but am anxious to give it a twirl.

This is a great week for PS+. Now get ready for an incoming dud on the next installment!

You can't win 'em all every installment right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back