PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a zombie avatar and that offer may have expired with the last update.[/QUOTE]

It says it's still active, according to the PS Store advertisement. It shouldn't have expired.. if it did, the advertisement is pretty misleading.

Did you double-check your download history to be sure? If not, then you should call or email Sony to make sure you get it since that small ad says it ends tomorrow.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you double-check your download history to be sure? If not, then you should call or email Sony to make sure you get it since that small ad says it ends tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I checked my download history and it's not there. I emailed Sony's support, hopefully they can correct it for me.

Ok.. emailing them didn't help. They basically told me to contact Sega, lol. I doubt this issue involves Sega, so I guess I'll have to call Sony later today. I can only imagine if I contact Sega, they'll tell me to contact Sony.

To receive specific information on the in-game functions of The House of the Dead 4, we will need to recommend contacting the publisher of game. I would love to give you more information on this issue but I do not have tools and resources that Sega does.Here is the contact information for Sega:

Phone number: 800-872-7342

Yeah.. this is nowhere close to "in-game functions".

[quote name='bajingo']someone made the analogy that its like netflix. when you end your netflix sub, you dont keep all the movies. ps+ rocks.[/QUOTE]

Not even close. Netflix offers way more content than a few games per month. And Netflix doesn't offer digital sales of anything in the first place like say Amazon would.

I don't disagree with the PS+ expires lose access to games. I find it's a great incentive to keep sub active, because there will be new ones added monthly too. 1 year sub being cheapest per month (and sometimes bonus months with signup) if you don't play the game in a year, you wouldn't have bought it anyway sale or not most likely. PS+ slaughters Xbox live gold in every way, look at it that way. And it's optional.

The debate stemmed from classics like Castlevania. Where someone may want a digital copy for a longer time than PS+. If it ever goes on sale, you couldn't buy it since you got it for free. Unless you buy it from an alternate PSN account.

Lol! I can't believe people are still debating the value of PS+! That's something neither side will EVER win!!!! And, boils down to the individual.

As for Netflix, they've gotten better, recently. Actual newer releases, rather than 100 year old 'new releases'. They must have learned to stop playing...with that dumb stunt they tried to pull.

in the original post, under "UPCOMING DEALS" in the "bundles" section, under "PSP" it says:

Daxter and Secret Agent Clank Bundle - $14.99

Is this a sale that will become available soon? I went on my PS3, and went to the Playstation store, and went to the PSP section, and couldn't find this in there anywhere. Is that bundle available for digital download? Where could I find it? If it isn't on sale yet, shouldn't it still be on PSN somewhere and have a higher price ?

[quote name='Anthony1']in the original post, under "UPCOMING DEALS" in the "bundles" section, under "PSP" it says:

Is this a sale that will become available soon? I went on my PS3, and went to the Playstation store, and went to the PSP section, and couldn't find this in there anywhere. Is that bundle available for digital download? Where could I find it? If it isn't on sale yet, shouldn't it still be on PSN somewhere and have a higher price ?[/QUOTE]

Its under PSP Bundles.

I bought that game, on PSN, within the last few weeks. ..through my PSP. Target has the bundle, on disc, for the same price.

Edit: Go on your PSP and search Secret Agent Clank. Should be the 3rd or 4th one on the list.

[quote name='Anthony1']in the original post, under "UPCOMING DEALS" in the "bundles" section, under "PSP" it says:

Is this a sale that will become available soon? I went on my PS3, and went to the Playstation store, and went to the PSP section, and couldn't find this in there anywhere. Is that bundle available for digital download? Where could I find it? If it isn't on sale yet, shouldn't it still be on PSN somewhere and have a higher price ?[/QUOTE]
It's not listed under Upcoming Deals, it's listed under Bundles in the third post, so it's available right now.

As for where it's at in the store, either search for "Daxter and Secret Agent Clank" or go to PS3 Games > PS3 Bundles, though I'm not sure why it's also not in the PSP Bundles section. They seem to just use that spot for all of the game bundles on PSN.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Specifically, the DLC for Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, hoping for another week so that when I get paid I'll still be able to get those pieces of DLC.[/QUOTE]

Ryo Hazuki w' a forklift. XD Ah...Shenmue memories.

I'd grabbed these and ordered the game shortly after since the PC one doesn't have this dlc. I'd papa game boner if Sega decided to secretly include him in DOA 5, seeing as how some Virtua Fighters are showing up.

^Yup, Ryo Hazkuki with forklift the piece of DLC I'm missing. I got Metal Sonic/Death Egg map already.

Speaking of Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing, saw trailer for the sequel and it looks nice. Hoping Ryo will still be in it.

Killzone 3 MP free on EU PSN this week + sales. Might be for US too later today?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/05/01/playstation-store-royale-contenders-sale/

oh by the way the HoTD4 avatar is hideous. its the nastiest zombie that reminds me of the faces from the movie "they live"

its also for sale I believe for .49. total waste. was hoping for something unique.

For those that were interested, Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip ($19.99) and MotorStorm: Arctic Edge ($9.99) for the PSP are back on the PS Store. The MotorStorm AE/Twisted Metal Head On Bundle is also back in the store.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']oh by the way the HoTD4 avatar is hideous. its the nastiest zombie that reminds me of the faces from the movie "they live"

its also for sale I believe for .49. total waste. was hoping for something unique.[/QUOTE]

That why he's my PS3 avatar, because it look cool \\:D/.

Oh yeah FREE Trine 2, Castelvania and Awesomenaughts today bitches! YEAH, I said FREE, take that haters! LOL.

I am really tired today so dont mind my mental lapse above. :)

[quote name='wrencrest']Oh yeah FREE Trine 2, Castelvania and Awesomenaughts today bitches! YEAH, I said FREE, take that haters! LOL.

I am really tired today so dont mind my mental lapse above. :)[/QUOTE]

I've been looking forward to today since the May PS+ announcement. Can't wait to get home and grab Trine 2 and Awesomenauts. Hope PSN isn't slow as hell tonight, though I'm sure it will be because of all the activity.

EDIT: Interesting.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I've been looking forward to today since the May PS+ announcement. Can't wait to get home and grab Trine 2 and Awesomenauts. Hope PSN isn't slow as hell tonight, though I'm sure it will be because of all the activity.

EDIT: Interesting.[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting article. For anyone who didn't read it's basically a PS+ survey out from Sony asking what plans you'd like to see.

I think I like option 3 the best honestly. Only good free new games and having all games and DLC on the store at 75% off sounds the best. I can live without some full PS3 games since they'll be 75% off eventually and I prefer discs.

[quote name='jamehze']That's an interesting article. For anyone who didn't read it's basically a PS+ survey out from Sony asking what plans you'd like to see.

I think I like option 3 the best honestly. Only good free new games and having all games and DLC on the store at 75% off sounds the best. I can live without some full PS3 games since they'll be 75% off eventually and I prefer discs.[/QUOTE]
Wow Option B sucks, lol. Less games, less frequent updates, older stuff, for more money! 8-[

[quote name='jamehze']That's an interesting article. For anyone who didn't read it's basically a PS+ survey out from Sony asking what plans you'd like to see.

I think I like option 3 the best honestly. Only good free new games and having all games and DLC on the store at 75% off sounds the best. I can live without some full PS3 games since they'll be 75% off eventually and I prefer discs.[/QUOTE]

I agree, option 3 sounded the best by far. Actually, it sounded too good to be true, which leads me to believe that there had to be a typo in there somewhere. $50/year for 75% off all games and DLC in the marketplace couldn't possibly be financially feasible for Sony, IMO.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree, option 3 sounded the best by far. Actually, it sounded too good to be true, which leads me to believe that there had to be a typo in there somewhere. $50/year for 75% off all games and DLC in the marketplace couldn't possibly be financially feasible for Sony, IMO.[/QUOTE]

But dropping from ten to one free Bluray release a year is a bit rough. But yeah, that aside, option 3 is absolutely insane. 75% off all DLC would go a long way towards encouraging people to pick up the PS3 version of a multi-platform release. The number of Plus subscriptions would also go through the roof.

So I didn't realize that House of the Dead 4 was on sale this week.
The OP says that the sale ends 5/1 which is today but will it last to the end of the day or until the update the store this evening?

I would like to purchase it but I wont be home from work until after the store update. thanks

[quote name='flybrione']So I didn't realize that House of the Dead 4 was on sale this week.
The OP says that the sale ends 5/1 which is today but will it last to the end of the day or until the update the store this evening?

I would like to purchase it but I wont be home from work until after the store update. thanks[/QUOTE]
It began two weeks ago and ended with the post above yours.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It began two weeks ago and ended with the post above yours.[/QUOTE]

That's what I get for not paying attention thanks Frisky.

I'd planned on posting that I got in before people complained that the store updated too early and they missed out on deals, but it appears I am too late.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree, option 3 sounded the best by far. Actually, it sounded too good to be true, which leads me to believe that there had to be a typo in there somewhere. $50/year for 75% off all games and DLC in the marketplace couldn't possibly be financially feasible for Sony, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of those surveys that juggled the options and presented the user with a different choice multiple times. I took a similar survey with Cox. I doubt any of those reflected an actual plan and was more designed to gauge interest in certain features.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It began two weeks ago and ended with the post above yours.[/QUOTE]

Lol. And nice, early update considering all the content that is dropping today! I wish I was home so I could start the Trine 2 download right now.

Also, Stardrone (PS3 version) is half off, and I think I'll grab it now that I've got a Move. Trine 2 is $5 off for non-plusers.

[quote name='Thrinn']But dropping from ten to one free Bluray release a year is a bit rough. But yeah, that aside, option 3 is absolutely insane. 75% off all DLC would go a long way towards encouraging people to pick up the PS3 version of a multi-platform release. The number of Plus subscriptions would also go through the roof.[/QUOTE]

I would pay $50/year just for an automatic 75% everything in the PSN store, assuming current prices remain the same of course.

[quote name='JJSP']"Free" Castlevania is absolutely fine by me since I haven't played one of them since Simon's Quest.[/QUOTE]

I will never forgive that godforsaken game for all the hours it stole from my life.

I'm with you though, although I did play Castlevania IV on snes I think.

The new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Call Of Duty: Black Ops With First Strike - $49.99
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 With Stimulus Package - $29.99
Dead Space Super Bundle - $29.99 - Full Game + All DLC
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich Of Time - $7.49 - Move Compatible - Temporary Sale
StarDrone - $3.99 - Move Compatible - Permanent Price Drop
Trine 2 - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Zack Zero - $7.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Minis
101-In-1 Megamix+Fading Shadows Bundle - $10.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Fading Shadows - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monochrome Racing - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Robin Hood: The Return Of Richard & Monochrome Racing Bundle - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Robin Hood: The Return Of Richard - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Urbanix - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PSP
Daxter - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
King Of Pool - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Cinco do Mayo Mariachi Costume - Free - Ends 5/8
Max Payne 3 - Rockstar Pass Pre-Order - $29.99 - Includes free Theme
MotorStorm RC - Special Big Rig Wombat Wanderer - Free
MotorStorm RC - Special Super Car Voodoo Firecracker - Free

Vita Add-ons
MotorStorm RC - Special Big Rig Wombat Wanderer - Free
MotorStorm RC - Special Super Car Voodoo Firecracker - Free
Stardrone Extreme - Skip - Free

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Disney Universe - $15.00

Games
Awesomenauts
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Full Game Trial
Castlevania Chronicles - PSP/PS3
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PSP/PS3
Disney Universe - Full Game Trial
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims - PSP/PS3
Pixel Junk 4am Closed Viewer Beta - Move Compatible
Trine 2
Velocity - PSP/PS3

Themes
Samurai - Dynamic

Hmmm...they dropped the price of Ghost of Sparta to what it should've been all this time, while Chains of Olympus is still $20. From my understanding, the EU store already has both of those titles at whatever=$10.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone heard any type of rumor as to what the price of the RE Chronicle HD Collection is going to cost?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but I'm interested too. If it's $20 for the bundle and 20% PS+ discount I'll buy day 1. I'm hoping they're that price, but I might be a little too optimistic on that one.

Expiring next week for PS+ users:

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - Metal Sonic + 1 Death Egg Zone Track - $2.40
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - Ryo with Forklift Character - $1.50
Sonic Unleashed - Apatos & Smamar Adventure Pack - $0.90
Sonic Unleashed - Chunnan Adventure Pack - $0.90
Sonic Unleashed - Empired City & Adabat Adventure Pack - $0.90
Sonic Unleashed - Holoska Adventure Pack - $0.90

anybody else been having trouble with psn?

it tells me there is an error when i try to download castlevania, and the things i can download take forever, it says it will take 3 hours to download awsomenauts which is just over 600 MB

it took 8 hours to download house of the dead 4 last week, anybody else having issues?

[quote name='Barry Burton']anybody else been having trouble with psn?

it tells me there is an error when i try to download castlevania, and the things i can download take forever, it says it will take 3 hours to download awsomenauts which is just over 600 MB

it took 8 hours to download house of the dead 4 last week, anybody else having issues?[/QUOTE]

They're probably getting hit pretty hard.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Lol. And nice, early update considering all the content that is dropping today! I wish I was home so I could start the Trine 2 download right now.

Also, Stardrone (PS3 version) is half off, and I think I'll grab it now that I've got a Move. Trine 2 is $5 off for non-plusers.[/QUOTE]

That's one thing I loathe about Sony. MSFT allows downloading for years, even the ability to activate a code on a website and queue the download. Why would I need to be on a console to redeem a code?

[quote name='Romeo']That's one thing I loathe about Sony. MSFT allows downloading for years, even the ability to activate a code on a website and queue the download. Why would I need to be on a console to redeem a code?[/QUOTE]
I understand the point you're trying to make, but you can redeem codes online here.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I understand the point you're trying to make, but you can redeem codes online here.[/QUOTE]

To clarify, if I was provided a 12 character PSN code, I can activate it at that link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back