PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sultangaming']I am absolutely going to snag that today then. What better time then now?

Anyone know why it is being removed?[/QUOTE]

"expiring digital license."

[quote name='wrencrest']Bailing out is half the fun of this game and why I love it so much. This is the only game I know of where the only real way to die is by being shot by the enemy. You can jump off tall buildings, MOUNTAINS, out of planes, etc, and not worry about dying. It is such a free feeling! I have to play some tonight no matter how tired I may be. So much fun.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget to make a quick video of you playing and upload it to YouTube. Moreover, don't forget to post it HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322199

;)

I've been having way too much fun with this game lately.

Here's an awsome place to do some car/truck/ATV stunts(giant satellite dish on the side of a mountain, spoilered to save space):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mNoQV0n-VU

That was just a short video I made to show the location, which is pretty easy to determine on the map cuz it's a huge circular mark on the mountain once you find it. Besides that, there are so many other cool locations in the game.

[quote name='mrbomb']http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/05/30/fateunlimited_codes_goodbye_sale_on_psn

Fate/Unlimited Codes will be taken off of PSN on June 12.[/QUOTE]

There's only the one game right that is being removed? Edit: Yes, it seems.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Bravo to them announcing it and putting it on sale before it disappears. Every other developer/publisher everywhere, take note![/QUOTE]

I completely agree!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fate/stay_night

Fate/Unlimited Codes is based on an anime and it seems that Aksys has the license at the moment since they released their licensed game last November.[/QUOTE]

Why must the game be removed? Can't just the profits be transferred from Capcom to Aksys? (I'm guessing Aksys have the license now from Frisky's post.)

This is good news and bad news. I like that Capcom is giving a last chance sale, a positive move on them.
I hate to see a game removed. (If we buy it now will be able to still download it after the expiration date?)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Why must the game be removed? Can't just the profits be transferred from Capcom to Aksys? (I'm guessing Aksys have the license now from Frisky's post.)[/QUOTE]
Because their license is expiring, so they no longer have the rights to keep selling the game. The cost of extending the licensing agreement was probably not worth it for them after whatever sales they got for the game, so they probably declined to renew the deal. The game itself belongs to Capcom, so Aksys would have to buy the rights to the game or make a deal with Capcom to become the publisher for a percentage of the profits and that's not likely. It's the fine line publishers walk when making licensed games.

There is that part of my post where I said that Aksys has the license now. ;)

Totally recommend the game, & this is coming from someone who bought the game back when it was originally released for a much higher price ($30 or $40). Maybe one of these days, I should go back & re-download onto my Vita.

& yeah, if a game is going to be removed, they might as well discount it to get more people motivated to get it before it's gone & make some last-minute profit.

[quote name='Magicman103']Morgan Haro is a liar :/

I definitely think the absence of the plus content today raises some suspicion toward the upgrades to playstation plus.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it was just a miscommunication, it tends to happen over there.

[quote name='Magicman103']Morgan Haro is a liar :/

I definitely think the absence of the plus content today raises some suspicion toward the upgrades to playstation plus.[/QUOTE]
He doesn't get paid to lie... PS+ content previews usually shows up during the last day of the month. He probably thought May 30 was the last day of the month.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Pretty sure the PS+ content for June will be announced and available the day of the Sony conf.[/QUOTE]

helps that the presser is right before the first store update in June

[quote name='Jodou']I didn't know there was a hot air balloon in JC2! They really need to make JC3; the sandbox gameplay is just incredible.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I've been having way too much fun with this game lately.

Here's an awsome place to do some car/truck/ATV stunts(giant satellite dish on the side of a mountain, spoilered to save space):

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wrencrest']Bailing out is half the fun of this game and why I love it so much. This is the only game I know of where the only real way to die is by being shot by the enemy. You can jump off tall buildings, MOUNTAINS, out of planes, etc, and not worry about dying. It is such a free feeling! I have to play some tonight no matter how tired I may be. So much fun.[/QUOTE]

Ok, everybody wins. I'll buy it already.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']Totally recommend the game, & this is coming from someone who bought the game back when it was originally released for a much higher price ($30 or $40). Maybe one of these days, I should go back & re-download onto my Vita.

& yeah, if a game is going to be removed, they might as well discount it to get more people motivated to get it before it's gone & make some last-minute profit.[/QUOTE]

Makes me wish I had a PSP.

[quote name='handsomepete']Ok, everybody wins. I'll buy it already.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad there's a spike in interest in JC2 here, maybe we can get a video sharing thread going on again!

I love JC2, I've literally spent hours just walking through the world and taking in the sights. That's right: walking. Not grappling, flying, driving etc. Of course, the other stuff is fun too, my PS3 is packed with all sorts of great videos... one of my favorite pasttimes is attaching various things to the jets taking off at the airport. One thing I still can't seem to do is attach a plan to a heli, jump out of the heli and climb into the plane in freefall, I'd love to see if someone can do this.

[quote name='iamsmart']I'm glad there's a spike in interest in JC2 here, maybe we can get a video sharing thread going on again!

I love JC2, I've literally spent hours just walking through the world and taking in the sights. That's right: walking. Not grappling, flying, driving etc. Of course, the other stuff is fun too, my PS3 is packed with all sorts of great videos... one of my favorite pasttimes is attaching various things to the jets taking off at the airport. One thing I still can't seem to do is attach a plan to a heli, jump out of the heli and climb into the plane in freefall, I'd love to see if someone can do this.[/QUOTE]
I started a thread for sharing videos already on the PS3 board. I know there was a general Just Cause 2 thread for some time(not sure but I think I created that one as well), but that one fell into disuse and I couldn't find it when I tried searching for it.

Here's the thread I created for Just Cause 2 video sharing: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322199

By the way, if you connect a car or other vehicle to a plane and then get in it, your stunt points slowly go up as you're flying along with the plane. My count went up from 58-60 stunt points to 80 or more while I was just riding along behind the plane. Not only that but my kilometers driven went up as well.;)

Unfortunately from the way the plane rocks the car back and forth while flying, the car eventually hit it too hard and destroyed it mid-air. Too bad I wasn't running the capture program then cuz that was downright impressive as was the freefall of the car as it nosed down.:lol:

I tempted to get JC2 after reading everyone's comment on it.

Is the DLC necessary or worth it ???
I'm not a PS+ subscriber, and I prefer a physical copy of the game.

Thanks.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']I tempted to get JC2 after reading everyone's comment on it.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you're not PS+, I'd say try to find the physical disc (I am PS+ and I still went with the disc version). The DLC is just add-ons (from what I hear, really cool ones) and I believe there are 5 or 6 packs that range from $1-$2. Someone with more knowledge is welcome to correct me if I'm mistaken.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']I tempted to get JC2 after reading everyone's comment on it.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nah, just get the disc. The game is just fine without anything else.

Add-ons for it aren't really anything to write home about.

Just a couple of vehicles and a gun or two...I forgot since I haven't played in while but it's definitely not something you need or will miss out on. They are fun for awhile but... meh. Just watch a youtube video of the stuff and you'll see.

[quote name='outkastx']I just signed up for PS+ last month because of the current setup... garg.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they're taking anything away, according to the rumors. They're just adding some new things along with features/games for the Vita.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think they're taking anything away, according to the rumors. They're just adding some new things along with features/games for the Vita.[/QUOTE]

I just hope they don't raise the price like Xbox did.

Damn.. well I guess I'll sign up for PSN+ now that it'll only be $8 extra since MK is $10 off with it. Hopefully they don't make me regret spending this $8 next week at E3!

My PS+ subscription runs out in the middle of June. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and renew for a year in case they increase rates to go along with enhanced service.

[quote name='Argive']My PS+ subscription runs out in the middle of June. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and renew for a year in case they increase rates to go along with enhanced service.[/QUOTE]

Pure speculation, but if I was in your position I'd wait. If there are changes, they'll be announced Monday night during Sony's E3 press conference. My guess is that the changes wouldn't go live right away, but may go live the next day during the Tuesday store update. So you'd have a brief window to see what the changes were and still be able to sign up at the old price.

But like I said, that's 100% speculation. And if you're sure you want to renew anyway, then no harm in doing it now.

[quote name='mpaullin']A reply to one of the posts on yesterday's store update says that we should be hearing about the Plus deals for June today. I am thinking that it won't be anything too great since they are presumably making some big reveals at E3 next week.[/QUOTE]

That was me he was replying to on the Blog.
Lies!! LOL

Sometimes I think the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing with this bunch.
Still no PS+ June Preview. I'm getting antsy!

Hope it's worth it.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']That was me he was replying to on the Blog.
Lies!! LOL

Sometimes I think the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing with this bunch.
Still no PS+ June Preview. I'm getting antsy!

Hope it's worth it.[/QUOTE]
You should keep up.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9666821&postcount=2307

They'll most likely be doing 2nd anniversary deals later this month, so if you want in, it may be best to go for a three month sub and pick up another year when we know more.

This has been available for a few weeks and not sure when it will disappear, but Hot Shots Out of Bounds complete is available for $19.99 for + members and $24.99 for everybody else. Contains all the DLC and this game also now supports 3D and Move controller. Just thought I would add that, since I don't check this stuff often and didn't know, like possibly some others.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This has been available for a few weeks and not sure when it will disappear, but Hot Shots Out of Bounds complete is available for $19.99 for + members and $24.99 for everybody else. Contains all the DLC and this game also now supports 3D and Move controller. Just thought I would add that, since I don't check this stuff often and didn't know, like possibly some others.[/QUOTE]
It's been in the OP since it first appeared.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As long as they keep the freebie tier, I'm good.;)[/QUOTE]

I've be happier with a free SEN, SEN+ with discounts and cloud save ($24.99 a year?), and SEN-X ($50 a year, with free games/rentals, and SEN+ benefits).

Maybe even a super buffet, free everything, including Hulu/Netflix for like $50 a month.

[quote name='elessar123']I've be happier with a free SEN, SEN+ with discounts and cloud save ($24.99 a year?), and SEN-X ($50 a year, with free games/rentals, and SEN+ benefits).

Maybe even a super buffet, free everything, including Hulu/Netflix for like $50 a month.[/QUOTE]

$50 a month?!

Hulu - $8/month
Netflix - $8/month
GameFly - $16/month
PS+ (currently) - $4.17/month

Total - ~$38/month plus taxes

We already get free games, cloud saving, and discounts, so what could they possibly add for an extra $12 a month? Wouldn't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back