PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're not expiring because they're getting rid of them. They're expiring because it's the end of the month and a new set of games will be added with Tuesday's update.[/QUOTE]

I didn't check to see if it was all of them, but a lot of free games that had been on there for a while(not just this month) are expiring. Don't know what that means going forward.

While I never underestimate Sony's ability to screw things up, I am hopeful. Some of that could be because I signed up for a year last month.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're not expiring because they're getting rid of them. They're expiring because it's the end of the month and a new set of games will be added with Tuesday's update.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I don't understand. There are a bunch of games in the op that show a date of 6/5 and they also show up under the last chance section under the ps+ tab on the ps3. If I understand things right, I would only get these games for free if I signed up for PS+ and downloaded them before 6/5. My fear is that if I wait until the conference tomorrow, Sony may have the games already off the "free" tab. Or perhaps they may not allow new PS+ memberships until the new model is in place. Like when they removed the offers to make up for the PSN hack 12 hours early.

M[quote name='lupe guillotine']Here is my Theory with either the whole rumor of Sony teaming with OnLive or GaiKai:

Isn't GaiKai mainly a demo only service? I think they are going to offer instant demo gameplay instead of the need to download the game demo. I wouldn't mind doing that on the console sometimes instead of waiting for some game demo to download.[/QUOTE]

Yea especially w/ the one hour free trial offered for plus members, those are usually anywhere from 5-20 gigs. But from what I've been reading it may have something to do with PSone and PS2 games streaming.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...compatibility-to-playstation-with-gaikai-deal

[quote name='Hijinx']Yea especially w/ the one hour free trial offered for plus members, those are usually anywhere from 5-20 gigs. But from what I've been reading it may have something to do with PSone and PS2 games streaming.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...compatibility-to-playstation-with-gaikai-deal[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised to see this done for demos in the future. If a dev wants to show off specific aspects they can create a demo. If they just want to let people try it out they can offer a 30 minute chunk of gameplay without putting a team on making it. It works great with OnLive.

Now, if they use for this for backwards compatibility I would love to see it subscription service. $5/mo to play the back catalog? I'd sign up, at least for a few months here and there, particularly this time of year when there aren't a ton of games I'm interested in being released. Going into the next console generation they could have the same games running on PSP, PS3, Vita, PS4, TVs and Xperia Play without additional work. Hell, they could throw in PCs while they're at it, though I would bet on them restricting it to their hardware. Maybe Vaio owners would get tossed a bone with some kind of hardware certification.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I'm sorry, I don't understand. There are a bunch of games in the op that show a date of 6/5 and they also show up under the last chance section under the ps+ tab on the ps3. If I understand things right, I would only get these games for free if I signed up for PS+ and downloaded them before 6/5. My fear is that if I wait until the conference tomorrow, Sony may have the games already off the "free" tab. Or perhaps they may not allow new PS+ memberships until the new model is in place. Like when they removed the offers to make up for the PSN hack 12 hours early.[/QUOTE]
That's not how it works. The Last Chance section is for what will be taken down with the next update on Tuesday, so they're not going to be removed during the press conference.

[quote name='Slashlen']I didn't check to see if it was all of them, but a lot of free games that had been on there for a while(not just this month) are expiring. Don't know what that means going forward.

While I never underestimate Sony's ability to screw things up, I am hopeful. Some of that could be because I signed up for a year last month.[/QUOTE]
I mentioned that last week when I posted the list of the stuff that would be taken down and it's a part of the big PS+ revamp rumor, as they're supposedly going to be focusing on offering games of a certain quality rather than a mixed bag. That they're on the list to be taken down lends credence to the rumor.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I'm sorry, I don't understand. There are a bunch of games in the op that show a date of 6/5 and they also show up under the last chance section under the ps+ tab on the ps3. If I understand things right, I would only get these games for free if I signed up for PS+ and downloaded them before 6/5. My fear is that if I wait until the conference tomorrow, Sony may have the games already off the "free" tab. Or perhaps they may not allow new PS+ memberships until the new model is in place. Like when they removed the offers to make up for the PSN hack 12 hours early.[/QUOTE]

Considering tomorrow is 6/4, I think you'll be just fine to get all these games tomorrow night. And keep in mine you don't have to "download" them all, you just need to "buy" them and check out, so they are in your download history.

But if you're sure you want PS+, go for it now.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/03/the-drop-week-of-june-4th-2012-new-releases/

Here's The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown: Complete Edition – The fifth entry in SEGA’s advanced, realistic fighting game series. Once again, the realtime level of visual detail and character animation has been upped to the most advanced levels, with next-generation lighting and detail on the fighters and environments. Players will be able to customize their characters by selecting from various patterned costumes and a wide range of attachable items that can be placed onto each fighter’s various body parts. Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but will also compete for prizes and earn in-game money through the match to buy many items at an in-game shop.

Bang Bang Racing – Bang Bang Racing is an arcade-style racing game focused not only on the speed but also on the technical driving skills. The intuitive control system and the exciting tracks provide endless fun for everyone in the family.

This racer delivers fast-paced racing around every corner and down every straight. Drive high-speed, pumped-up racing cars through cones, tires and exploding barrels! Be one step ahead of your competitors, finding shortcuts, repairing your car in the pitlane, and dominating your opponents from the top-down view.

Madagascar 3: The Video Game – Madagascar 3: The Video Game, players must help Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Gloria the Hippo, and Melman the Giraffe find a way home while working for a traveling circus. In single or two player co-op mode, players will travel across Europe to promote the circus by completing challenging and zany missions given by the Penguins, performing amazing publicity stunts on some of Europe’s most notable landmarks, and dazzling the crowd with fun circus acts fit only for a Madagascar-style circus extravaganza! All the Madagascar friends are along for the ride in this comedic circus adventure including King Julien, Maurice and Mort, the chimps Phil and Mason, the Penguins, plus their new circus pals Stefano the sea lion, Vitaly the Siberian tiger and Gia the jaguar.

Vita Demos

The Pinball Arcade

PS3 Demos

Bang Bang Racing
The Pinball Arcade

Minis

Icon’s 5-In-1 Minis Collection

Apparently the June PS+ content update is now coming tuesday morning.

72PvP.jpg

Not at my PS3, but can some one tell me...can I buy just Icon HD on PSN? Or would I have to get SotC with it? And if so, can some one check the price? Thanks!

[quote name='captaintek3304']Not at my PS3, but can some one tell me...can I buy just Icon HD on PSN? Or would I have to get SotC with it? And if so, can some one check the price? Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you don't like Skyrim you had better not buy Ico & SotC.

[quote name='Magicman103']Apparently the June PS+ content update is now coming tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]

Nice, timing works out well for them. Announce changes Monday night, implement changes Tuesday morning.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Nice, timing works out well for them. Announce changes Monday night, implement changes Tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]

This thread will be on fire after the details. It's going to be a love it or hate it. I will keep positive that it will have improvements. Still got 2 year cards from the Target glitch left over.

Hoping they include the Vita on PS+.

I looked over the free content expiring on Tues and decided it was worth signing up - even if the announcements tomorrow f-it all up. Went ahead and picked up JC2 ultimate edition as well.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I looked over the free content expiring on Tues and decided it was worth signing up - even if the announcements tomorrow f-it all up. Went ahead and picked up JC2 ultimate edition as well.[/QUOTE]

PS+ is the only reason my hard drive gets filled with games. I've gotten so many good deals on games I would have purchased anyways. Plus the day 1 releases were great. Lets hope tomorrow is good news.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If they announced PS1 support for all currently released PS1 games for the Vita tomorrow, I'll buy a 32 GB card.[/QUOTE]

I really hope the PS1 games are announced also. I don't mind playing them on my PSP but having the option to play them on the OLED screen would be great.

[quote name='Magicman103']Apparently the June PS+ content update is now coming tuesday morning.

72PvP.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Just going by that tweet, I'm reading the word announce twice but not 'update' or 'available'. I wouldn't read into it as the a.m. is when the plus content will happen. It would be nice to stagger the traffic though. I just wish they'd use that feature where stuff is supposed to be automatically downloaded to your ps3. I'm not talking about the automatic updates, cloud and trophy syncing. That other checkbox in my plus menu that has never seemed to download anything they 'think I might be interested in' or however it's worded

[quote name='Bumslie']This thread will be on fire after the details. It's going to be a love it or hate it. I will keep positive that it will have improvements. Still got 2 year cards from the Target glitch left over.

Hoping they include the Vita on PS+.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing my best to stay positive, but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed. Mostly because I'm not a Vita owner, and I think that them adding Vita to PS+ is almost a certainty. So I'm gonna feel like free/discounted Vita games are taking the place of PSN games. I really hope they create a separate "PS+ Vita" subscription, but not holding my breath on that one.

My other concern is that they're gonna take it too mainstream, and get rid of deals like 75% Hamilton's Great Adventure, 50% off 4 Elements HD & Mercury HG (the games I'm interested in, though certainly not "A quality" games) in favor of deals like 50% off COD map packs, BF3, etc. (which I'm not at all interested in).

One thing's for sure, this thread is gonna be on fire Monday night and Tuesday!

^That'd be sweet.

Oh, and pretty much entirely off topic. I got a chance to play through Journey this weekend. I'm not one of those guys who fawns over things just because they're "indie" and "different". So it's no surprise to me that I don't understand what all they hype was about, and can heartily recommend others wait for a sale on it.

if they want to revamp ps+ they can offer us bigger cloud storage since save files aren't as tiny as they think they are.... voice chat rooms that are accessible while in any game, and custom music that can be played during any game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^That'd be sweet.

Oh, and pretty much entirely off topic. I got a chance to play through Journey this weekend. I'm not one of those guys who fawns over things just because they're "indie" and "different". So it's no surprise to me that I don't understand what all they hype was about, and can heartily recommend others wait for a sale on it.[/QUOTE]

Oh great, sounds like Flower.

There's no way they'll let us choose what free game they want each month. And for cloud saves, you don't need every save file you've ever had up there. Get a flash drive for that. I only use it for saves that can't be backed up on a flash drive (and saves that I really want to save) or the saves of the games I'm currently playing.

manually updating my flash drive every time I play a few games is tedious. there is no "copy all" option that should exist.

thats why the auto backup was helpful, just not enough.

One thing's for sure...it's going to be worth it.

I'm satisfied with Plus right now. I can't imagine what they have in store for us.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']manually updating my flash drive every time I play a few games is tedious. there is no "copy all" option that should exist.

thats why the auto backup was helpful, just not enough.[/QUOTE]

Which is why you use the auto backup for the games you're currently playing. That way, you don't have to use your flash drive every time you play a few games.

[quote name='Bumslie']PS+ is the only reason my hard drive gets filled with games.[/QUOTE]
Haha, same. I had like 12 games/apps in all the time I owned my PS3 before Plus. Now I have over 50... Really should upgrade my hdd (still the 80 it came with).

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm doing my best to stay positive, but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed. Mostly because I'm not a Vita owner, and I think that them adding Vita to PS+ is almost a certainty. So I'm gonna feel like free/discounted Vita games are taking the place of PSN games. I really hope they create a separate "PS+ Vita" subscription, but not holding my breath on that one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Unless they miraculously include it in the current price point and don't scale back what PS3 content is made available (or focus on cross compatible titles) I'm hoping it's one of the rumored "tiers".

I finally got around to trying the Shank 2 we got from PS+ a while back and man, is it a blast. It's such a beauty as well, but damn, is it difficult. Survival mode is really fun as long as you have a good partner.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
My other concern is that they're gonna take it too mainstream, and get rid of deals like 75% Hamilton's Great Adventure, 50% off 4 Elements HD & Mercury HG (the games I'm interested in, though certainly not "A quality" games) in favor of deals like 50% off COD map packs, BF3, etc. (which I'm not at all interested in).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they've been hinting towards doing that. If so, I'm done with PS+.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']if they want to revamp ps+ they can offer us bigger cloud storage since save files aren't as tiny as they think they are.... voice chat rooms that are accessible while in any game, and custom music that can be played during any game.[/QUOTE]
They've said before that cross-game chat isn't possible on the PS3 due to the amount of RAM and I don't see custom soundtracks being a thing since they can't take away the resources necessary to make that mandatory.

Increased cloud storage seems the most likely of those three to happen with the rumor being that Vita is also getting cloud storage.

https://twitter.com/ShaneWatch/status/209646780399366144

Shane Bettenhausen is hyping up the PS+ stuff for tomorrow.

Just in case you didn't know, Sony's streaming the press conference from the PS3 with a link under the What's New part of the PSN section of the XMB. The first icon will take you to the ustream page on the browser where it's being streamed at.

The Vita's niconico app will also be able to stream it if you want to watch it there.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They've said before that cross-game chat isn't possible on the PS3 due to the amount of RAM and I don't see custom soundtracks being a thing since they can't take away the resources necessary to make that mandatory.

Increased cloud storage seems the most likely of those three to happen with the rumor being that Vita is also getting cloud storage.

https://twitter.com/ShaneWatch/status/209646780399366144

Shane Bettenhausen is hyping up the PS+ stuff for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

so if you can have a ton of text chats open during game and use them IN-GAME, but the voice chat rooms can only be used outside of games, how much is really based on RAM? they would just have to remove the ability to hear or talk to anyone else in the game you were playing... should have the same effect and cost the same amount of resource.

some games allow custom music to be played, yet some just give you an error message saying the game doesn't allow it, instead forcing you to listen to their repetitive boring music. I doubt that would take resources to just override the error message and just cut out their BGM track like the system was designed to do and does for under 20% of games.

I just find it hard to believe these two things are beyond the ps3's capability, their explanation is more of a cop out to me.

But you are right, this is more or less wishful thinking.

If the Vita could get something better than ATT and its lousy speed internet with its expensive LIMITED data plan I might actually buy it.

I would be willing to believe the people that made the console than a random person on the internet as to the whether cross game chat is possible, no offense.

As for custom soundtracks, it's a matter of the OS being refined over the years to give developers more memory to work with and that can be put towards the game or extra stuff like screenshots or custom soundtracks, which is up to the developers. Once they give that memory to the devs, they can't take it back or it can kind of break some games.

so batman arkham city and soul calibur 5 "gave up memory" to allow for custom soundtracks? when the game music is shut off to allow your song to play off your playstation it is sucking that much extra resources?

I would understand the case for games with awful memory leaks (bethesda and EA) where it might be a problem, but its because the developer is more focused on a deadline than anything else.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']so batman arkham city and soul calibur 5 "gave up memory" to allow for custom soundtracks? when the game music is shut off to allow your song to play off your playstation it is sucking that much extra resources?

I would understand the case for games with awful memory leaks (bethesda and EA) where it might be a problem, but its because the developer is more focused on a deadline than anything else.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you knew so much about programming. If it's so easy, just do it yourself and send the code over to them. I'm sure they'd be cool with that.

love how fanboys get so aggressive at realistic ideas. I enjoy my playstation but I think sony could do a bit better of a job with it. Especially when they let devs try to release a shitty port that was designed for xbox or whatever... anyone who played bayonetta or rage can attest to that.

im not a programmer but I know how to make a customer happy, and thats by showing them you are trying ALL the time, succeed or fail.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']love how fanboys get so aggressive at realistic ideas. I enjoy my playstation but I think sony could do a bit better of a job with it. Especially when they let devs try to release a shitty port that was designed for xbox or whatever... anyone who played bayonetta or rage can attest to that.

im not a programmer but I know how to make a customer happy, and thats by showing them you are trying ALL the time, succeed or fail.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, there are definitely games that go the other way.

The cinematics on Xbox 360 FFXIII were kind of atrocious compared to the PS3 cinematics, for example.

[quote name='Eldredpe']To be fair, there are definitely games that go the other way.

The cinematics on Xbox 360 FFXIII were kind of atrocious compared to the PS3 cinematics, for example.[/QUOTE]

You're obviously just a fanboy if you're disagreeing with theenemy.

[quote name='LennyKravitz']Did anyone happen to catch the other games that will be free? Bout to sign up for 3 months now[/QUOTE]

I saw pictures for Hard Corps: Uprising, Sideway, and the downloadable Tomb Raider game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back