PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame the Escape Plan demo is bugged with the latest firmware. Couldn't play it to see if it was worth buying the DLC before the sale ended.

[quote name='crzyboy88']Shame the Escape Plan demo is bugged with the latest firmware. Couldn't play it to see if it was worth buying the DLC before the sale ended.[/QUOTE]

It's a quarter. Seems like it might be worth the gamble.

Im jonesin for some jet grind radio, and I am not pulling out my dreamcast for it. Hopefully psn gets it this week.

I'm kind of hoping for a free Uncharted 1 in July (I already played Uncharted 2). Seems like a decent chance, no?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/25/rpg-rainbow-moon-rises-on-psn-july-10th/

Rainbow Moon is our upcoming role-playing game for PS3. It’s been nearly two years since we started working on Rainbow Moon, so we can hardly believe that the game releases on PSN in just over two weeks — it’ll hit PlayStation Store on July 10th for $14.99. If you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you’ll enjoy a 20% discount, paying just $11.99, for the first two weeks after launch.

I could easily see Uncharted 1, 2, and 3 being freebies for PS+ coming up. I hope not because I've already played the hell out of all three.

id imagine maybe UC1 being free almost like the HD trilogies that they give you the first one free, but I highly doubt 2 or 3 will be free.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Rainbow Moon looks really fucking awesome, I'm definitely gonna have to consider it with the 20% off. The trophy whore in me is also happy it has a full set of trophies.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of this game, so I checked out their website. Looks cool. FYI: The trailer says "Platinum trophy support with more than 50 trophies to unlock"

More info about Journey: Collector's Edition announced. Coming August 28th for $30, you get:

- All 3 games on 1 disc
- Commentary play-throughs (I assume like Portal)
- 3 exclusive mini-games (based on the concept of 24hr Game Jam to which each game was literally made within 24 hours)
- Concept art
- Soundtracks from each game
- PS3 dynamic themes & wallpapers
- Avatars including 8 new Journey ones
- Reversible cover art
- Free month of PS+

Man, kind of regret getting Flow & Flower on sale on PSN. This sounds like a great deal.

[quote name='Zonic505']More info about Journey: Collector's Edition announced. Coming August 28th for $30, you get:

- All 3 games on 1 disc
- 3 exclusive mini-games (based on the concept of 24hr Game Jam to which each game was literally made within 24 hours)
- Concept art
- Reversible cover art
- Free month of PS+

Man, kind of regret getting Flow & Flower on sale on PSN. This sounds like a great deal.[/QUOTE]

I paid about $20 for all 3 (Flow/Flower on Sale, Traded for Journey) so I don't really have any regrets. Good deal if this drops around $10-$15.

Also, (in my opinion) Flower and Journey are both only ok, so it's not like this is a standout collection of games by any means.

I might have to double dip for that special edition due to all of the bonuses they're offering. It looks like the best collection so far this generation since most of them give you nothing extra besides the games. The Team Ico collection is #2 with some cool BTS/interview videos and dynamic themes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I might have to double dip for that special edition due to all of the bonuses they're offering. It looks like the best collection so far this generation since most of them give you nothing extra besides the games. The Team Ico collection is #2 with some cool BTS/interview videos and dynamic themes.[/QUOTE]

What? No love for the Sly Collection and the FOUR Move minigames? (Sarcasm of course, they were pretty awful. Was just the only other collection I could think of that included any type of bonus.)

[quote name='Zonic505']More info about Journey: Collector's Edition announced. Coming August 28th for $30, you get:

- All 3 games on 1 disc
- Concept art
- Reversible cover art
- Free month of PS+

Man, kind of regret getting Flow & Flower on sale on PSN. This sounds like a great deal.[/QUOTE]

hope they add some of those bonuses to the digital versions of the games :whistle2:(

[quote name='PublikDefender']fingers crossed that the res evil umbrella collection is discounted for ps+[/QUOTE]

Possibly, very un-capcom like but re4 and re Veronica were on sale at release

LOL @ those sly hd collection mini games.
I think that was the fastest 100% i ever got with trophies.
took like 5 minutes and 4 golds ;)

and of course capcom gives those re hd chronicles a short trophy list. no surprise as they gave re4 the same 12 trophy list. ugh.
maybe, just maybe, capcom should start to try?

that would be tight if they made a capcom re hd disk with these 2 chronicles and re cv and re4. doubt it, but it would be cool.

Apparently they are looking at potentially bringing Rainbow Moon to the Vita. From an article on IGN:

User dragonmagician asked if the game would be coming to Vita, to which Pukropski candidly answered: “A Vita version is currently under evaluation, so there’s definitely a chance” of it coming to Sony’s new handheld. “However, even if we decide to make a port, this will probably take some time. So, if you’re really crazy on Rainbow Moon, there’s unfortunately no alternative during the next couple of months.”

I think I'd prefer this on the Vita, but it's a long way off if it even happens.

[quote name='Velo214']LOL @ those sly hd collection mini games.

and of course capcom gives those re hd chronicles a short trophy list. no surprise as they gave re4 the same 12 trophy list. ugh.

that would be tight if they made a capcom re hd disk with these 2 chronicles and re cv and re4. doubt it, but it would be cool.[/QUOTE]

Are you shitting me? These games have a gimped trophy list as well? They caught so much shit after RE4, how could they do it again?

[quote name='Velo214']LOL @ those sly hd collection mini games.

that would be tight if they made a capcom re hd disk with these 2 chronicles and re cv and re4. doubt it, but it would be cool.[/QUOTE]

Dude you need help with your trophy obsession. I'm surprised you don't have a vita to add even more to your ps profile. I know Im liking the trophy boost.

[quote name='gravel']Apparently they are looking at potentially bringing Rainbow Moon to the Vita. From an article on IGN:

User dragonmagician asked if the game would be coming to Vita, to which Pukropski candidly answered: “A Vita version is currently under evaluation, so there’s definitely a chance” of it coming to Sony’s new handheld. “However, even if we decide to make a port, this will probably take some time. So, if you’re really crazy on Rainbow Moon, there’s unfortunately no alternative during the next couple of months.”

I think I'd prefer this on the Vita, but it's a long way off if it even happens.[/QUOTE]

Was just going to post that. I havent been able to sit in front of the tv for long enough to finish many RPGs this gen, but I see myself playing the Vita nonstop like I did for Disgaea 3 AoD. Hope Rainbow Moon gets released. Its a hard wait for Persona...

Rainbow Moon looks really interesting to me gameplay and graphics wise. But I have a feeling that the story isn't going to be great. I really feel that a game like that, especially if it's super long, needs a great story to stitch it together.

Though, I could just be hoping for a true heir to Final Fantasy Tactics, when that is never going to happen. :(

Edit: Yep, I just read that they're not emphasizing story. ho hum.

that Journey Collector's Edition looks good, I already own Flow and Journey + OST so $30 for Flower and the bonuses is a little pricey for me, will pick it up once it drops below $20 though

i find most turn based games with no real strategy get boring fast. games that require careful use of every turn such as fallout 1 are much more enthralling.

I just find ALL turn based games to be dull as hell. Even if it's a series with characters I may like, I prefer an action based RPG or 'hack n slash' as most call it to sitting there watching my character go through their motions and then sitting there some more while the enemies do their thing.

FFT and Fallout1 were awesome. I just can't get into turnbased games anymore either. HacknSlash rpgs used to be rpg lites that i would avoid, but now it's the norm and the only ones I enjoy. Maybe im becoming more norm/popcorn/casual, but i toss a game like hyperdimension or war of agarest and im bored almost instantly. i used to eat up those games but now it's like ugh. i used to enjoy final fantasy plots and xenogears etc, but now it's like i try to avoid plots unless they are fantastic like bulletstorm/etc, lol. idk but definately seems niche is getting even more niche as i don't even touch the disgaea games anymore and i used to be hooked to all those phantombrave/souleater/etc. i won a copy of that vandal hearts psn game like 2 years ago and still havnt played it yet just cuz im like ugh... plot... i just want to skip all that text...

altho games like Yakuza, i just love the dialogue in those games!

That's the other thing that annoys me about games though. If a game has no actual voice overs and it's all done in text. fuck that. I'll just keep pressing whatever button I have to to skip by all the yappity yap and get back to the action.

Although some games like Catherine I can forgive cuz they're pretty fun with an interesting and weird story.;)

i like a good story, but i don't like a bunch of made up filler text or dialogue. i don't care what they say, bioware sucks at making cutscenes and dialogue, yet rockstar knows exactly what they are doing.

It seems like we´re also getting a system update today, v4.20

Those are the improvements:
- Will improve sidetone audio performance by giving you the option to select one out of five levels for microphone audio, or turn the feature off completely. For those of you who use the Wireless Stereo Headset to watch Blu-ray or DVD movies on your PS3, this system software update will also enable virtual surround sound functionality, giving you a superior audio experience.

- Allow you to set the amount of time that the system will wait before turning itself off automatically for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for [Game/Other Features].

- Saved data management has been improved. You will now be able to select multiple saved data items and delete or copy them as a group.

It's already out, as I downloaded it last night around midnight. Seriously would've liked that improved data management a few weeks ago when I had to copy all my save data to my USB stick.

New DLC that's coming today:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/26/sack-it-to-me-sackboys-summer-fun/

LBP2:
Summer Creator’s Kit Released

It’s Summertime and to celebrate the lovely weather, we have released the FREE Summer Creator’s Kit!

This pack contains 26 Stickers, 4 Objects, 4 Decorations and a brand new Material. Everything Sackboy will need to have the sunniest of Summer holidays! This pack is available for one week only though, so don’t delay and head to the PlayStation Store now to pick it up!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...devastation-gets-arcade-expansion-pack-today/
Attention Dead Nation recruits worldwide! We’re excited to announce a brand new game mode for Road of Devastation (the expansion pack to Dead Nation) called Arcade, which is a brand new way to experience Road of Devastation! Everyone who’s taken the Road knows of the Egogate experiment – to find the perfect zombie killer who can survive longest against ever-increasing odds (the fallen heroes’ DNA are allegedly used to clone and breed the perfect soldier).

The new Arcade mode may actually see you survive the ordeal and get out alive! You can choose your difficulty level, and checkpoints will revive (or is that clone?) you.

Completing Arcade mode on different difficulty levels will also unlock new Road of Devastation concept art. If you’ve never experienced Road of Devastation before, now’s the perfect time! Think you’ve got what it takes to get out alive? Download Arcade mode today and find out!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/26/gt5-toyota-fr-s-and-twin-ring-motegi-dlc/
The online portion of GT Academy 2012 may have ended, but that doesn’t mean you should stop playing Gran Turismo 5! Hitting the PlayStation® Store update this week are two new exciting DLCs – The Twin Ring Motegi Pack and Scion FR-S 12′

Twin Ring Motegi Pack (2 tracks, 4 layouts)

The Twin Ring Motegi is a racing circuit located in Japan that has both an oval and road course. The 2.4km oval ‘Superspeedway’ is mainly used as the stage for American motorsports, while the 4.8km road course is used for races like the Super GT and Formula Nippon.

In addition to these two tracks, the Twin Ring Motegi Pack also includes the West and East courses that are formed by separating the first and latter half of the road course, letting you enjoy the different technical layouts of the Motegi Track

Price: $5.00

Scion FR-S ’12

The long awaited compact FR (front engine, rear wheel drive) sportscar from Scion carries a 2-liter horizontally opposed engine that gives it a very low center of gravity and great weight distribution, and the car is specifically designed throughout to provide driving pleasure. The car is a brother of the Toyota 86 sold in Japan, and its front engine-rear wheel drive layout makes it perfect for learning sports driving techniques. Put one in your garage!

Price: FREE

Now that I think about it, what may or may not be offered as a "free" game creates too much uncertainty. It'd suck to plant $30 down a game only to have it go free days later. You can't please everyone, but perhaps some clarity would ease the growing trepidation. For instance, if I knew for certain Starhawk wouldn't be offered in the coming weeks as PS+ freebie, I'd buy it now for $30.

Considering they said the YouTube app was hitting Vita "at the end of June", I'm hoping this means we'll see it get added today. & looking forward to the Gravity Rush DLC hitting today as well.

[quote name='breakfuss']Now that I think about it, what may or may not be offered as a "free" game creates too much uncertainty. It'd suck to plant $30 down a game only to have it go free days later. You can't please everyone, but perhaps some clarity would ease the growing trepidation. For instance, if I knew for certain Starhawk wouldn't be offered in the coming weeks as PS+ freebie, I'd buy it now for $30.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying but they are going to let you know ahead of time. If they did, sales for that game would tank. As for Starhawk... I think most of the free games are atleast two years old so you should be ok.

[quote name='breakfuss']Now that I think about it, what may or may not be offered as a "free" game creates too much uncertainty. It'd suck to plant $30 down a game only to have it go free days later. You can't please everyone, but perhaps some clarity would ease the growing trepidation. For instance, if I knew for certain Starhawk wouldn't be offered in the coming weeks as PS+ freebie, I'd buy it now for $30.[/QUOTE]

This sentiment has been expressed pretty much since Day 1 for PS+, but I doubt Sony is going to start releasing PS+ schedules any more in advance than it is currently doing. There are probably legal reasons why they can't and there may be logistical ones as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back