PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GodOfUncharted']That really needs to change though. I really don't see the point in buying digital when you can buy a physical copy.

Let's look at a recent example: The Amazing Spider-man. To buy it on PSN, you have to pay $59.99. You would be using hard drive space and if you don't like the game, you're screwed. You're stuck with it forever. If I wanted a physical copy, I'd go to Best Buy, pay the exact same $59.99, get one of the first 3 movies on blu-ray for free with it, get $10 off the new movie in theaters (comes with the blu-ray), not waste hard drive space, and be able to sell the game if I don't like it. It makes no sense to buy digital in this case.

It's not even just release week with bonuses like the blu-ray. I guarantee this game won't go on sale digitally for AT LEAST 3 months. I'll definitely be able to find a physical copy for $40, or maybe even less, within a month and a half.[/QUOTE]

You're preaching to the choir man. I'm glad the digital version is available for those that want it, but no way in hell do I buy those games unless their at DEEP discounts (e.g. Burnout+DLC for $8, PoP Forgotten Sands on Xbox for $5)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Good points. And OMG Vita owners think they are entitled to sales on the digital version of every game on the store. Most these games have been out 1-5 months, rarely does digital content go on sale that quickly, ESPECIALLY full digital games.[/QUOTE]

Well Tyler I'm a Vita owner since launch and own 12 games. It's a great system but there are some titles that are downloadable only that have caught my eye. I'm not one to complain about Vita sales on the PSN. Don't get me wrong they would be nice to see.

I think people have gotten spoiled by PS+ cause of release day games free. Some people feel entitled to get all the new release stuff cheap. Since Sony doesn't feel the need to put Vita games on sale they must feel they are making enough.

As I feel the same as you with digital games and purchasing them only when they drop on the store. I know I will be waiting for a while for certain sales but have other games to play until the sale happens.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']is monster hunter freedom unite fun on PSP? playing single player.[/QUOTE]

It's very fun, but challenging without a group. Also somewhat repetitive and the controls can be a pain.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']spiderman on psn is only $30 each if you have a game sharing friend.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me started on Sony lowering the number of PS3s you could share your stuff with from 5 to TWO.:roll: I guess Sony figures you won't ever have more than 2 PS3's so you don't need the three extra slots.

they probably figure if you can afford to own more than two you can afford to buy their content more than once. you can switch which ps3 systems have your content with ease though, just not running at the same time.

kinda like how my family pool pass doesnt include my uncle and nephew etc

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't get me started on Sony lowering the number of PS3s you could share your stuff with from 5 to TWO.:roll: I guess Sony figures you won't ever have more than 2 PS3's so you don't need the three extra slots.[/QUOTE]

Why not? Because it ruined game sharing? The amount of households that have more than 2 PS3s is probably less than 1% of households with a PS3.

I've been watching this topic closely for a while now and it's great. Thanks for keeping all of the deals so organized! I finally got a PS3 again after 3 or 4 years and it's the Uncharted 3 bundle.

I'm grabbing the 12 free PS+ games, but the downloads are crazy slow. I forwarded all the suggested ports and think that might have fixed it, but I can't check right now because I'm installed Saint's Row 2, which has been installing for about 15 minutes or so. What's the typical install speed and are downloads generally slow from PSN? I have a terrible memory and I can't remember if that is normal or not.

I hope y'all don't mind me asking that here. I figured at least some of you have grabbed that game from PS+ and installed it and would be knowledgeable in that department. Thanks again.

[quote name='Monkeydrummer']I've been watching this topic closely for a while now and it's great. Thanks for keeping all of the deals so organized! I finally got a PS3 again after 3 or 4 years and it's the Uncharted 3 bundle.

I'm grabbing the 12 free PS+ games, but the downloads are crazy slow. I forwarded all the suggested ports and think that might have fixed it, but I can't check right now because I'm installed Saint's Row 2, which has been installing for about 15 minutes or so. What's the typical install speed and are downloads generally slow from PSN? I have a terrible memory and I can't remember if that is normal or not.

I hope y'all don't mind me asking that here. I figured at least some of you have grabbed that game from PS+ and installed it and would be knowledgeable in that department. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]
if you're doing what i think you're doing is gonna take forever, how do you expect to use the hard drive for download and install at the same and still want faster installation, your HDD is working at its max writing the data you're downloading and the one you're installing, i recommend wait until everything is downloaded and after that proceed to install everything

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why not? Because it ruined game sharing? The amount of households that have more than 2 PS3s is probably less than 1% of households with a PS3.[/QUOTE]
I actually had 3 at one point myself. So it would've been nice to be able to share across all three of those plus the one my buddies' brother in law has and still have a slot left over.

I've heard that installs are slower when you're downloading stuff, so you could simplify things by turning on automatic update to let the PS3 turn on during the night to install the games for you.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I actually had 3 at one point myself. So it would've been nice to be able to share across all three of those plus the one my buddies' brother in law has and still have a slot left over.[/QUOTE]

You almost never buy a game over $10 but you have three PS3s?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've heard that installs are slower when you're downloading stuff, so you could simplify things by turning on automatic update to let the PS3 turn on during the night to install the games for you.[/QUOTE]

I remember the first time it installed for me, amd didn't realize it would. Envisioned little gremelins in the middle of the night doing gaming sessions after stealing one sock from the dryer

lol.. press Start during the Puzzle Fighter demo and you'll see "Achievements" on the menu. Do the same on the full version of the game and it's mysteriously gone. I was looking forward to trying for those achievements, even if they were in-game-only, damn.

Either way, great game!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You almost never buy a game over $10 but you have three PS3s?[/QUOTE]
One's a 60gb I paid $40 for from someone selling it to a local shop, a second one I had was my original PS3 slim 120gb that I sold to a buddy a year or so ago and my current 160gb model from Amazon's Warehouse Deals.

I also used to have a 40gb, but I traded that in towards the 120gb slim.

[quote name='Josh1billion']lol.. press Start during the Puzzle Fighter demo and you'll see "Achievements" on the menu. Do the same on the full version of the game and it's mysteriously gone. I was looking forward to trying for those achievements, even if they were in-game-only, damn.

Either way, great game![/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny. I actually played it today for the first time (on the 360 in the capcom digital collection) and it is really awesome, I sunk about 2 straight hours into it without even realizing how long I had been playing. Great stuff.

[quote name='Josh1billion']lol.. press Start during the Puzzle Fighter demo and you'll see "Achievements" on the menu. Do the same on the full version of the game and it's mysteriously gone. I was looking forward to trying for those achievements, even if they were in-game-only, damn.

Either way, great game![/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better most of them they were really difficult (at least I thought so). I only got a few on 360 (though I don't Achievement hunt).

I have a question about the cloud save feature of PS+: if you let your PS+ subscription lapse and re-new later, are your cloud saves still there once you re-new again?

[quote name='Backlash2332x']is monster hunter freedom unite fun on PSP? playing single player.[/QUOTE]

I actually just downloaded this onto my vita on impulse. Is the online network still running? If so I'd play some coop with it (if thats even possible on the vita) although I'm just learning the game now.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I actually just downloaded this onto my vita on impulse. Is the online network still running? If so I'd play some coop with it (if thats even possible on the vita) although I'm just learning the game now.[/QUOTE]

There is no online network, but you can still play online with other people if you download adhoc Party on a PS3. You'll play on your Vita, but still need the PS3 constantly on to connect to and find lobby's for multiplayer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']One's a 60gb I paid $40 for from someone selling it to a local shop, a second one I had was my original PS3 slim 120gb that I sold to a buddy a year or so ago and my current 160gb model from Amazon's Warehouse Deals.

I also used to have a 40gb, but I traded that in towards the 120gb slim.[/QUOTE]

I've had three myself. 80gb MGS4 bundle, a 20gb I picked up for $60 and gave to my work, and the 160gb (now 500gb) slim I own now.
But unlike IATCG, I don't buy two crappy games just because they are on sale for $5, but then stubbornly refuse to buy an awesome $10-$15 game.;)
Cheapest my friend you are an enigma.:applause:

[quote name='waldo21212']I have a question about the cloud save feature of PS+: if you let your PS+ subscription lapse and re-new later, are your cloud saves still there once you re-new again?[/QUOTE]
They keep them on there for about six months.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']I've had three myself. 80gb MGS4 bundle, a 20gb I picked up for $60 and gave to my work, and the 160gb (now 500gb) slim I own now.
But unlike IATCG, I don't buy two crappy games just because they are on sale for $5, but then stubbornly refuse to buy an awesome $10-$15 game.;)
Cheapest my friend you are an enigma.:applause:[/QUOTE]
Because at least if I get bored with that $5-10 cheapo game, I can usually trade it in someplace for the same price or sometimes MORE than I paid. With a digital title, there is no reselling, unless you somehow sold your entire PSN account which I'm pretty sure is strictly against the rules.

I think at most I've paid $10 for PSN titles(MK Collection, Trine), but at least I've managed to squeeze enough playtime out of those titles to make them worth what I paid.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']dunno if i should blow a few bucks on Journey, Flock! and Rearmed 2 before the week is up....[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend Rearmed 2 for $5. Having played Journey, I'd say pass on it for now and try to scoop up the collection for cheap in a few months. (However, if I DIDN'T own Journey I probably would have jumped all over this deal, just to see what all the fuss about the game was about).

Can't speak to Flock, I got it a while ago for $5 but haven't spent more than 10 minutes with it. But for $3 it's hard to go wrong.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because at least if I get bored with that $5-10 cheapo game, I can usually trade it in someplace for the same price or sometimes MORE than I paid. With a digital title, there is no reselling, unless you somehow sold your entire PSN account which I'm pretty sure is strictly against the rules.

I think at most I've paid $10 for PSN titles(MK Collection, Trine), but at least I've managed to squeeze enough playtime out of those titles to make them worth what I paid.[/QUOTE]

how much time does it take for the game to be worth 10 bucks?

a movie these days cost 10 bucks and most are no longer than 90 minutes

[quote name='Barry Burton']how much time does it take for the game to be worth 10 bucks?

a movie these days cost 10 bucks and most are no longer than 90 minutes[/QUOTE]
In all honesty, it doesn't matter what I pay for a game as long as I get a decent amount of play time out of it.

In other words, a game better not be a 4 hour piece of crap loaded with bugs for more than $5. For $5 I'll put up with some glitches and even a short story mode.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/01/the-drop-week-of-july-2nd-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Spec Ops: The Line – Spec Ops: The Line unfolds within the destroyed opulence of Dubai. Once the playground for the world’s wealthiest elite, Dubai has fallen victim to a series of cataclysmic sandstorms. The city’s ultramodern architecture lies half-buried under millions of tons of sand. The very sand that blankets the city plays a marquee role in altering combat situations and serves as a powerful but unpredictable force that will both help and hinder players throughout the course of the game.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 – The world’s number one selling golf video game franchise returns with an array of exciting new features, including an original feature that gives you the opportunity to experience first-hand Tiger’s golf legacy! Relive Tiger Woods’ most memorable golf moments from child prodigy to golfing legend! Also, through unique online and social features, create your own country club, and use coins earned through game play or team up with country club members to play exclusive golf courses.

Sonic Generations – Celebrate 20 years of Sonic with Sonic Generations! Delivering the definitive gaming experience for Sonic fans old and new, Sonic Generations sees Sonic the Hedgehog playable as both the much loved classic 1991 character, and the modern day video game hero he has become in this exciting new fast paced adventure.

The Adventures of Tintin – The Adventures of Tintin: The Game is an action-packed adventure that takes gamers on a nonstop journey through the world of Tintin; the hero and intrepid reporter from Herge’s original comic books. Players will rediscover the movie’s enchanting environs including Captain Archibald Haddock’s ship the Karaboudjan, Omar Ben Salaad’s Palace and the exotic city of Bagghar and experience many of Tintin’s exciting adventures.

Brave – Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands. Brave tells one such tale, one of the courageous Merida, who confronted tradition and challenged destiny to change her fate. Inspired by the Disney/Pixar animated fantasy movie, Brave invites players to run, jump and battle their way through the rugged landscape of mythical and mysterious Scotland. By using wits and bravery, players are able to wield a sword and bow to defeat fierce enemies, break a magical curse and save a kingdom.

Dungeon Twister – In a fantastic and steampunk world dominated by magic and machines, a powerful mage has captured random adventurers during his travels, and thrown them into his mechanical maze. He is cruel and deceitful, and bored to death. For amusement, he watches his prisoners fight their way through his infernal mechanical maze, the Dungeon Twister.

Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends – Race some of the sexiest cars ever made in this Ferrari-licensed entry in the famed Test Drive racing franchise. Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends brings over 70 years of the world’s most recognizable performance cars to gamers. Developed by world-class developer Slightly Mad Studios, Ferrari Racing Legends explores the legacy of Ferrari Racing. It recreates Ferrari’s most beloved and coveted performance racers, from today’s latest models to the legendary vehicles that have dominated racing history.

Bellator: MMA Onslaught! – Tape up for a fight to the title in Bellator: MMA Onslaught! Designed specifically to emphasize the organization’s philosophy that, “Title shots are earned, not given,” this game lets players go toe to toe with some of the top Bellator fighters as they compete in authentic Bellator events. Fight for the title shot through eight-fighter elimination tournaments within your weight class. In-depth customization systems let you design your fighter from his technique style and move set down to his tattoos and look, while a robust leveling system replicates the path of a fighter with class and experience gained through matches both offline and online.

PS3 Demos

Bellator MMA Onslaught
Dungeon Twister
Summer Stars 2012

PlayStation 2 Classic

Bloodrayne 2 – Born from the unnatural union of vampire and human, BloodRayne is blessed with the powers of a vampire but cursed with the unquenchable thirst for blood and a weakness to sunlight. BloodRayne 2 challenges the supernatural anti-heroine with her most personal battle yet as she hunts down each of her wicked siblings who are carrying on the legacy of their dead father. Expanding on the predecessor,BloodRayne 2 includes new in-game dynamics such as pole combat, rail sliding and advanced melee fighting with fatality moves. Built upon a modified version of the Infernal Engine, BloodRayne 2 introduces threatening new bosses, all new environments set within a huge modern day city, a range of new supernatural powers and new motion-captured movements complete with soft-body physics.

[quote name='outkastx']Anyone want to guess when the July updates for Plus will be announced?[/QUOTE]
Tomorrow, when they said it would be posted on the blog.

if anyone remembers the music from Castle Crashers one of the artists "Waterflame" is doing the soundtrack for a game called CastleStorm coming to psn. looks sweet.

found the info on his newgrounds page http://waterflame.newgrounds.com/news/

i did not look for release date, just an FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='outkastx']Anyone want to guess when the July updates for Plus will be announced?[/QUOTE]

they said it should go up at 11am PDT/2pm EDT Monday

Tempted on Crysis for 50% off, but I'd rather have it on 360, I don't think it's ever gone on sale there though.

Probably pick up the InFamous DLC for 5 bucks as well.

[quote name='jello44']Tempted on Crysis for 50% off, but I'd rather have it on 360, I don't think it's ever gone on sale there though.

Probably pick up the InFamous DLC for 5 bucks as well.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about Festival of Blood, its not DLC. Just letting you know. It's a standalone game.

I have 5 months of PSN Plus I have to activate---but I've never had a subscription before.

Should I do it now? When is the last day I can do it and download the free games in the OP? I have quite a few in physical format but not all of them.

[quote name='GBAstar']I have 5 months of PSN Plus I have to activate---but I've never had a subscription before.

Should I do it now? When is the last day I can do it and download the free games in the OP? I have quite a few in physical format but not all of them.[/QUOTE]

If you want anything that's going to come down on Tuesday then redeem one.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Ya, me too. I really wish there was a Day 1 demo though.[/QUOTE]

IGN gave the game 8/10 in their review. A review is not as good as a demo, but it's nice to see a good review before buying it.

I'm sure this has been answered multiple times, but I just signed up for PS+ this morning and I believe I read the free games are going down tonight/tomorrow morning (correct me if I'm wrong). Since I've already purchased PS+, do I have access to the games for free until I cancel or do I need to have them downloaded/queue'd before the sale ends? I need to swap out my HDD tonight and am afraid I'm going to run out of time to download them.

[quote name='equality']I'm sure this has been answered multiple times, but I just signed up for PS+ this morning and I believe I read the free games are going down tonight/tomorrow morning (correct me if I'm wrong). Since I've already purchased PS+, do I have access to the games for free until I cancel or do I need to have them downloaded/queue'd before the sale ends? I need to swap out my HDD tonight and am afraid I'm going to run out of time to download them.[/QUOTE]

You need to "buy" them for free in order to get them into your download history, but you don't actually need to download them.

[quote name='equality']I'm sure this has been answered multiple times, but I just signed up for PS+ this morning and I believe I read the free games are going down tonight/tomorrow morning (correct me if I'm wrong). Since I've already purchased PS+, do I have access to the games for free until I cancel or do I need to have them downloaded/queue'd before the sale ends? I need to swap out my HDD tonight and am afraid I'm going to run out of time to download them.[/QUOTE]

There's an "expiring soon" section on PS+ in the store, so those are the only ones you have to worry about tonight.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Do they sell 1-month subscriptions to PS+? I'd like to buy one for this sale if so.[/QUOTE]

3 month only, 1 month codes usually come with games/system promos. Pretty sure you cannot buy them aside from trading/ebay

[quote name='jello44']Tempted on Crysis for 50% off, but I'd rather have it on 360, I don't think it's ever gone on sale there though.

Probably pick up the InFamous DLC for 5 bucks as well.[/QUOTE]

Why rather have it on 360? The PS3 version plays great and MS has shown they have no interest in discounting their good games on demand (Crysis, RE4, RE:CV, etc.)

[quote name='Zbornak']IGN gave the game 8/10 in their review. A review is not as good as a demo, but it's nice to see a good review before buying it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out the review, I'll check it out. 8/10's not too bad.

Also, it's funny all these PS+ questions that pop up. They're all answered in the OP, albeit a few posts down. Maybe Frisky could try to draw a little bit more attention to them? Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back