PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StealOfADeal']What kind of HDD's are used on a "upgrade". Is it hard? I have an 80, but its all gone.[/QUOTE]

It's easy, but make sure the hard drive you buy is a 2.5" (notebook-sized drive) and is the standard 9.5mm height (taller won't fit; might want to check the reviews on the hard drive you buy just to make sure someone else has already bought and installed it into a PS3 successfully).

Just make sure you look up how to back up LittleBigPlanet saves if you play that.. I lost all of my LittleBigPlanet 2 progress because it stores it all in Game Data and not in Saved Data. :/

Was there anything new announced on the Blogcast?
I can't listen to it right now.

[quote name='Tsel']You're seriously going to be that picky? Were you honestly expecting a 3 month long sale?[/QUOTE]
not picky and naw
[quote name='gettinmoney662']A Summer Sale is a sale that happens at some point during the summer, not for the entire summer. Don't be an idiot.[/QUOTE]
naw, but then again thats like saying a sale on saturday is a weekend sale.
[quote name='kouleefoh']Why do you need the sale to last 3 months anyways? haha[/QUOTE]

I dont really, but I am going to miss some stuff cause of bills and other things im wanting. So would of been nice to have it longer.

Im just pointing out how a business works, they should just say sale but for some odd reason when you through the word "summer" in there it makes it seem more interesting and attracts more customers.

I wonder what the chances of a Rainbow Moon demo are. I'd like to give the combat a whirl before I consider buying it.

[quote name='Argive']I wonder what the chances of a Rainbow Moon demo are. I'd like to give the combat a whirl before I consider buying it.[/QUOTE]
I think they commented about this on their Facebook page a couple of weeks ago. My memory is fuzzy, but if I remember correctly, they said that there wouldn't be a demo available right away, but that they were trying to get one available a couple/few weeks after launch.

They usually (nearly always) answer fans' questions right on the Facebook page, so you could ask them there for a more definitive answer.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']not picky and naw

naw, but then again thats like saying a sale on saturday is a weekend sale.

I dont really, but I am going to miss some stuff cause of bills and other things im wanting. So would of been nice to have it longer.

Im just pointing out how a business works, they should just say sale but for some odd reason when you through the word "summer" in there it makes it seem more interesting and attracts more customers.[/QUOTE]

Really? You think calling it a Summer Sale attracts more customers or makes it seem more interesting? It's called the Summer Sale because it happens every summer. I would tell you to stop being an idiot again but after seeing how you spelled the word throw, I know that's impossible.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Really? You think calling it a Summer Sale attracts more customers or makes it seem more interesting? It's called the Summer Sale because it happens every summer. I would tell you to stop being an idiot again but after seeing how you spelled the word throw, I know that's impossible.[/QUOTE]

aw man, we got an angry grammar police. yeah I messed up when spelling it but dont really care, wasnt paying attention. For all you know I could of posted that from my phone which has predictive text, but its always grammar and using the same insult "idiot" when people have nothing else to say. Enjoy your july sale.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']So any word on Motorstorm Apocalypse being added to the free game list for tomorrow?[/QUOTE]First let me set the record straight. The free games are rotated MONTHLY not WEEKLY. We PS+ users got 3 new games LAST week and therefore we won't be getting any new ones till NEXT month. So in short and to answer your question, no, there hasn't been any word on what next month's games will be.

I am thinking about getting House of the Dead 3 and NBA Jam, thoughts? I use to play the originals and was wondering if they are close to them or at least good remakes?

[quote name='IamPro']I am thinking about getting House of the Dead 3 and NBA Jam, thoughts? I use to play the originals and was wondering if they are close to them or at least good remakes?[/QUOTE]

L-O-L those were the same two I bought yesterday. I have no idea how they are b/c I just downloaded them, but it is the cheapest combo to get. I think it was like $12.xx for them both. Pretty good choices, I'd say go for it..

[quote name='token2k6']L-O-L those were the same two I bought yesterday. I have no idea how they are b/c I just downloaded them, but it is the cheapest combo to get. I think it was like $12.xx for them both. Pretty good choices, I'd say go for it..[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons since I hate to put $ into digital stuff but also b/c they are most towards what I like. Thanks, I'll check them out :bouncy:

[quote name='IamPro']I am thinking about getting House of the Dead 3 and NBA Jam, thoughts? I use to play the originals and was wondering if they are close to them or at least good remakes?[/QUOTE]

HOTD 3 is pretty fun to play w/the move/sharpshooter combo.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']
Im just pointing out how a business works, they should just say sale but for some odd reason when you through the word "summer" in there it makes it seem more interesting and attracts more customers.[/QUOTE]
Sucks to be you then. They could call it Christmas in July or Random ass Tuesday sales if they'd like and the only thing that'd interest me is the list of games on sale. There is a positive to a short "summer" sale. They may have another sale later on with a different list of games.
[quote name='Jack_Frost'] Enjoy your july sale.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, bought a few games.

I used to play NBA Jam on the super nintendo and it's just as fun now. Joystick sure makes it easier to move around.

Im thinking about HotD3 also but I want to get a move/sharpshooter first. Anyone know cheapest place? :eek:

online multiplayer right?

If you liked the old school NBA Jam, then you will like the new one as well.

Awesome, thanks

edit: that doesnt come with the sharpshooter but i saw that on there for $33, thats the cheapest? >_>

sucks I sold my camera, I bought it when it first came out then sold it cause I stopped using it lol

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Im thinking about HotD3 also but I want to get a move/sharpshooter first. Anyone know cheapest place? :eek:

online multiplayer right?[/QUOTE]

There's no online multiplayer.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Awesome, thanks

edit: that doesnt come with the sharpshooter but i saw that on there for $33, thats the cheapest? >_>

sucks I sold my camera, I bought it when it first came out then sold it cause I stopped using it lol[/QUOTE]
$15 is the cheapest the sharpshooter's been New. But I'd just buy a cheap plastic hand gun attachment for $10 or $12 for 2 on there. Sharpshooter is great and better for games like Killzone 3 where you can move around, but it might be too much if all you do is play HoTD 3.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Awesome, thanks

sucks I sold my camera, I bought it when it first came out then sold it cause I stopped using it lol[/QUOTE]
Kmart has the PS EYE camera for $15-16 on clearance right now and this week there's an additional 25% off clearance.

Unfortunatley there isnt a Kmart in my city. Im not that much of a cheapass, ill just buy at whatever price as long as it isnt overpriced something crazy

[quote name='kouleefoh'] Sharpshooter is great and better for games like Killzone 3 where you can move around, but it might be too much if all you do is play HoTD 3.[/QUOTE]

Then again, the pump-action of the shotgun works amazingly well with the Sharpshooter.

Looking forward to Rainbow Moon and Quantum Conundrum. Quantum Conundrum will have a demo out it seems, but my love of Portal has me sold already. New dimension gameplay mechanics look puzzly fun.

Rainbow Moon battle system still has me skeptical so I wish it had a demo too. But they say even though battles are in a grid, the battles will be much shorter than a tactics RPG game.

Rainbow Moon review

Overall bought only P3 and NBA Jam. Talked myself out of Jurassic park (from what you guys say about it) infamous(too short, and will probably be a PS+perk), and Crysis(sounds like if you played it before on PC It's best left there)

yeah, i passed on j.p. hoping they give it away ps+ like bttf and sam n max.
i was thinking of worms for the plat, but i have armageddon and hardly touched that and all the dlc, so i dont know what i was thinking.
already have crysis and nba jam. was thinking closure based on great reviews, but just didnt bite.
sadly i got interpol and dungeon twister... oh wellz. that's what you get for impulse psn buys.

[quote name='streakermaximus']Little let down by NBA Jam, the digital heads seem .. off. I think I like Street Homecourt better.[/QUOTE]
Off as in comical/obnoxious? If so, that's the point.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']A heads up on HOTD3....it's REALLY short. I'm guessing 30-40 minutes long to complete story mode.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but the game is meant to be played many, many times. There are alernate routes to take and you're always trying for a better score or a perfect stage. I've probably played the game for about 10 hours and I'm still enjoying it.

As for Rainbow Moon, the game came out in Europe last week, so there are hands-on impressions and Youtube videos of the game in action. Between those and the exhaustively detailed website there's a ton of information available in lieu of a demo.

[quote name='Zbornak']That's true, but the game is meant to be played many, many times. There are alernate routes to take and you're always trying for a better score or a perfect stage. I've probably played the game for about 10 hours and I'm still enjoying it.

As for Rainbow Moon, the game came out in Europe last week, so there are hands-on impressions and Youtube videos of the game in action. Between those and the exhaustively detailed website there's a ton of information available in lieu of a demo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a typical, old-school rail shooter and I can see playing through it a few times, but 20 times? I'm not that hard up for games to have to replay it that many times. At least with Razing Storm you get a few different games in one. I think the HOTD games should have been packaged together on PSN.

[quote name='Argive']I wonder what the chances of a Rainbow Moon demo are. I'd like to give the combat a whirl before I consider buying it.[/QUOTE]

Chances are 0% we'll get a day 1 demo, and sounds like chances are 100% that we'll get a demo eventually. (I know I'm echoing another answer, but just responding for verification, and it was mentioned on one of the Rainbow Moon PS Blog posts)

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']So any word on Motorstorm Apocalypse being added to the free game list for tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PimpLimp']First let me set the record straight. The free games are rotated MONTHLY not WEEKLY. We PS+ users got 3 new games LAST week and therefore we won't be getting any new ones till NEXT month. So in short and to answer your question, no, there hasn't been any word on what next month's games will be.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

NBA Jam is really awesome.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...blic-consumption-on-july-17-in-north-america/

Dyad will be out on July 17 for $14.99.[/QUOTE]

$15?!?! I think they're kidding themselves with that price.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']A heads up on HOTD3....it's REALLY short. I'm guessing 30-40 minutes long to complete story mode.[/QUOTE]Dude, You can get way more out of it. I loved it in the arcade. I could spend hours going back and forth through this game. HOTD and RE:Chronicles are my favorite rail shooters.

Did anyone buy Real Steel? That's the one game in this sale I"m thinking about buying tonight.

EDIT: Despite getting some enjoyment out of the demo, I think I'm gonna skip it because the reviews are so bad. Apparently the grinding to level up your character to a decent level is ridiculous. That doesn't sound fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Will buy Catherine before month is over....Wish it were 14.99 or 9.99 since I can't trade it in after I beat it...[/QUOTE]

why would you want to trade in the best game in world? :cry:

http://us.playstation.com/psnplay2012/

I don't see a big blog post yet, but they have a page on the main US site for this year's PSN Play 2012:

How it works

The more you game, the more you save with PSN PLAY 2012. Buy any 2 PLAY games in the PlayStation®Store and get $3 credit back, buy any 3 PLAY games to get $6 credit, or pick up all 4 PLAY titles for a $10 credit to spend on anything you want in the PlayStation®Store.**

PlayStation®Plus members can save even more money with a PLAYtastic 20% discount on each of the four games when pre-ordering or buying during a game's launch week.

Pre-order any PLAY title in the series for a free PS3™ theme of the game.

Lineup

The Expendables 2 Videogame (PS3™ system) – rated M
Purchase Price: $14.99
Release Date: 07/31/2012
Pre-Order Period: 07/24/2012 – 07/30/2012 11:59 (Pacific Time)
Pre-Order Bonus Content: The Expendables 2 Videogame PS3™ XMB Theme will be made available to the Eligible Person at the time of their pre-order in PlayStation®Store on the PS3™ system.

PlayStation®Plus Offer: Existing members to PlayStation®Plus will receive a 20% discount on the purchase price of The Expendables 2 Videogame by purchasing the game during 07/24/2012 – 08/06/2012 11:59 (Pacific Time).

Sound Shapes (PS3™/PS Vita system's) – rated E
Purchase price: $14.99
Release Date: 08/07/2012
Pre-Order Period: 07/31/2012 – 08/06/2012 11:59 (Pacific Time)
Pre-Order Bonus Content: Sound Shapes PS3™ XMB Theme will be made available to the Eligible Person at the time of their pre-order in the PlayStation®Store on the PS3™ system.

PlayStation®Plus Offer: Existing members to PlayStation®Plus will receive a 20% discount on the purchase price of Sound Shapes by purchasing the game during 07/31/2012 – 08/13/2012 11:59 (Pacific Time).

Papo & Yo (PS3™ system) – rated E10+
Purchase price: $14.99
Release Date: 08/14/2012
Pre-Order Period: 08/07/2012 – 08/13/2012 11:59 (Pacific Time)
Pre-Order Bonus Content: Papo & Yo PS3™ XMB Theme will be made available to the Eligible Person at the time of their pre-order in the PlayStation®Store on the PS3™ system.

PlayStation®Plus Offer: Existing members to PlayStation®Plus will receive a 20% discount on the purchase price of Papo & Yo by purchasing the game during 08/07/2012 – 08/20/2012 11:59 (Pacific Time).

Counter-Strike®: Global Offensive (PS3™ system) - rated M
Purchase Price: $14.99
Release Date: 08/21/2012
Pre-Order Period: 08/14/2012 – 08/20/2012 11:59 (Pacific Time)
Pre-Order Bonus Content: Counter-Strike®: Global Offensive PS3™ XMB Theme will be made available to the Eligible Person at the time of their pre-order in the PlayStation®Store on the PS3™ system.

PlayStation®Plus Offer: Existing members to PlayStation®Plus will receive a 20% discount on the purchase price of Counter-Strike®: Global Offensive by purchasing the game during 08/14/2012 – 08/27/2012 11:59 (Pacific Time).

** 1. This promotion is open to residents of the United States of America, Canada and Mexico and who meet the minimum game age ratings listed below ("Eligible Persons"). Sony Entertainment Network account is required.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...s-month-with-four-great-games-for-the-summer/

The blog post confirming the promotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aihS6F7IDLE

More info on the games themselves:

July 31: The Expendables 2 Videogame (PS3) – Leading off the PLAY promotion and launching first exclusively on PSN, the latest and most explosive co-op action shoot’em up title coming to PSN, based on the popular movie franchise this game leads players right into the upcoming The Expendables 2 movie. The story begins when four Expendables (Barney, Gunner, Caesar and Yin Yang) are hired to rescue an extremely valuable, kidnapped Chinese billionaire. Featuring vehicular combat, four-player co-op story and challenge modes, and a wealth of exotic locales, The Expendables 2 Videogame offers everything an action-game fan could want. Pre-order The Expendables 2 Videogame starting July 24 for $14.99 ($11.99 for PLUS members) and check out the following trailer.

August 7: Sound Shapes (PS3/PS Vita) – Play, Compose and Share in a unique take on the classic sidescrolling platformer where your actions make the music. Equal parts instrument and game, Sound Shapes gives everyone the ability to make music. Play through a unique campaign that fuses music and artwork into a classic 2D platformer featuring artwork by Pixeljam, Capy, Superbrothers and more, with music by I Am Robot and Proud, Jim Guthrie and Deadmau5. Additionally, Sound Shapes comes to the PLAY program as a cross-platform title, allowing players to play at home on their PS3, or take it on the go with PlayStation Vita. Create and upload your levels on either platform for others to download and remix on their own. Sound Shapes creates an ever-changing musical community for everyone to enjoy, anywhere. Pre-order Sound Shapes starting July 31 for $14.99 ($11.99 for PLUS members).

August 14: Papo & Yo (PS3) – PSN exclusive indie game Papo & Yo tells the story of a young boy, Quico, and his best friend, Monster. Taking place in a dreamlike world inspired by South American favelas, Papo & Yo entices players to explore and solve puzzles as Quico, while simultaneously preventing Monster from eating poisonous frogs, which throws him into an uncontrollable rage. As one of PSN’s most-anticipated indie titles, Papo & Yo is a truly unique and beautiful experience that players can only get on PSN. Pre-order Papo & Yo starting August 7 for $14.99 ($11.99 for PLUS members).

August 21: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PS3) – One of the gaming world’s most celebrated first-person shooter series makes its way to PSN with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, offering an updated take on the tried-and-true objective-based gameplay. Pitting teams of counter-terrorists against terrorists, Global Offensive features a number of classic game types like Bomb Diffusal and Hostage Rescue, and introduces two new modes: Arms Race and Demolition. Up to 10 players can engage in online matches, and the game also supports PlayStation Move, giving players a brand new way to experience the classic Counter-Strike gameplay. Pre-order Counter-Strike: Global Offensive starting August 14 for $14.99 ($11.99 for PLUS members).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://us.playstation.com/psnplay2012/

I don't see a big blog post yet, but they have a page on the main US site for this year's PSN Play 2012:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Been waiting for Papo and Yo. Looks like I might get $3 back... seriously, the Expendables 2 game? While the actual promo is better than Summer of Arcade, the featured games are much worse...

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Will buy Catherine before month is over....Wish it were 14.99 or 9.99 since I can't trade it in after I beat it...[/QUOTE]

I would suggest trying to snag a physical copy for sub $20 sometime in the future. I bought a digital copy from the sale and while it is a pretty entertaining game, I know it would have been on my trade in list once a good promo came around.

Will DEFINITELY be buying Sound Shapes and Counter Strike: GO. Good prices for both considering I thought sound shapes was a full VITA release and CS will be great

ehhh, only game that interests me really is counter strike. and pokoyo? lol
lg-pokoyo.jpg

[quote name='captaintek3304']Hm...it doesn't explicitly say it, but I'm going to assume that Sound Shapes will be one of those buy it on PS3, get it for Vita games?[/QUOTE]

Ya, they announced it at E3 if you buy one you get both.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://us.playstation.com/psnplay2012/

I don't see a big blog post yet, but they have a page on the main US site for this year's PSN Play 2012:[/QUOTE]

I've been looking forward to Papo & Yo and I'll probably get Sound Shapes because I'm a Vita addict, but I don't know anything about the other two yet. I'll gladly take the PS+ pre-order discount and $3 credit for those two. $38 for all four (after credit) isn't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back