PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh okay, so the Ratchet blog negates the Sly blog? fuckin idiot. I highly doubt they'll limit the promotion to games bought digitally.[/QUOTE]

Limiting it to digital purchase only makes the most sense for this cross-play promotion. If they don't do that, they will need to figure out a way to bind the retail copy to your PSN account to combat the re-sale scenario.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Hahaha no, but it calls in to question how the promotion is going to be run. Which was my point from the get go......you fuckin idiot :D[/QUOTE]

Except your stance suggests the Sly developers are lying. Use logic.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I do know what I'm talking about. Fact is it hasn't been OFFICIALLY confirmed on how they plan on going about doing the promotion. If you read the Ratchet and Clank post on the very SAME blog that rpg linked to, you get something worded similarly but DIFFERENTLY when referring to the Cross Play promotion.

"...Not only will the game feature cross-play and cross-save, but it’s also part of a super-cool promotional offer where anyone who purchases Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS3 via Playstation Network will be able to download the PS Vita version of the game from PSN at no additional cost and vice versa."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-unzips-ps-vita-support-and-competitive-mode/

Making it seem like you have to purchase the PS3 version of the game digitally through the PSN to get the free Vita version. And effectively negating the loop hole rpg pointed out.

So no, good sir, I suggest YOU know what you're talking about before responding to me.[/QUOTE]
Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault is a PSN game (like Quest For Booty). You could only buy it digitally through PSN.

i think
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault is only psn store no retail
sly 4 is retail and maybe psn

[quote name='Decker']Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault is a PSN game (like Quest For Booty). You could only buy it digitally through PSN.[/QUOTE]

Nah, that's impossible, PimpLimp knows what he's talking about.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Except your stance suggests the Sly developers are lying. Use logic.[/QUOTE]You obviously don't know my stance if you think anywhere I called the developers liars. I'll repeat it again because this is the last I'm willing to argue and I obviously wasn't clear enough. They HAVE NOT clearly stated how the Cross Buy promotion is going to work. It's that simple. Anything other than that is speculation.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Nah, that's impossible, PimpLimp knows what he's talking about.[/QUOTE]It IS getting a retail release in Europe. So thanks, even in you're condescending way, I still come out ahead :cool:

[quote name='PimpLimp']You obviously don't know my stance if you think anywhere I called the developers liars. I'll repeat it again because this is the last I'm willing to argue and I obviously wasn't clear enough. They HAVE NOT clearly stated how the Cross Buy promotion is going to work. It's that simple. Anything other than that is speculation.

It IS getting a retail release in Europe. So thanks, even in you're condescending way, I still come out ahead :cool:[/QUOTE]

Hahah, grab at whatever straws you can.

Excited for CS: GO, but I have a feeling it will go to free to play for PS+ at some point, as did Gotham City Imposters. Thoughts?

[quote name='Sonne']Excited for CS: GO, but I have a feeling it will go to free to play for PS+ at some point, as did Gotham City Imposters. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
I will be super glad to get RDR if you have to make me choose one.

[quote name='Sonne']Excited for CS: GO, but I have a feeling it will go to free to play for PS+ at some point, as did Gotham City Imposters. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely possible. PS+ has offered a lot of multiplayer-focused games in the past (GCI, Crash Commando, and Awesomenauts are 3 that come to mind). It's a great way for devs get a boost in their online communities and pocket a little money on it in the process.

EDIT: Gold & Lead too.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']I was wanting the DD version of Hot Shots Golf. Was disappointed last night when the PSN prices weren't updated. And the thread title even says "Price Drops". Maybe next week.[/QUOTE]
It was on sale for just under $20 a few weeks ago for PS+.

im picking us CS:GO since I already got 2 of the play games I will get a little extra back. if it ends up free so be it, I bought outland and all of the play titles from last year, but some games I have been waiting to go on sale never do.

been waiting for:

Destroy all robots
Moon Diver
and a ton of DLC, according to murphy's law it wont go on sale until after i buy it.

When you're a Plus member and there's a PSN game coming out that you want, you always run the risk of it being a free Plus game in the future. Therefore, you have to judge whether you should buy it now or wait to see if it comes out free.

Are you really looking forward to playing it? Most free Plus games are 6+ months old. If we get a new free game, it's usually on Day 1. Therefore, being able to play those six months might be worth the cost of the game. Also, you have to consider that the online community after six months will be more advanced than the community at the start, although the influx of new Plus players may counter this.

With this particular game, there are also some other things to consider. First, you're also getting a 20% Plus discount so that makes it cheaper. Also, did you buy any other Play games? If so, buying this means you'll get another $3 store credit.

For me, I'm only somewhat interested in this game, but if it has a platinum, I'll pre-order it because I've already bought Sound Shapes and Papo y Yo and it's comes with a small discount already.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']im picking us CS:GO since I already got 2 of the play games I will get a little extra back. if it ends up free so be it, I bought outland and all of the play titles from last year, but some games I have been waiting to go on sale never do.

been waiting for:

Destroy all robots
Moon Diver
and a ton of DLC, according to murphy's law it wont go on sale until after i buy it.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting on Moon Diver forever. I also want Castlevania: Harmony of Despair to go on sale too.

Yeah, I'll definitely end up buying it after watching some gameplay. I'll be looking to get a headset too, as I'm sure I'd be booted all the time just for not having one. Plus I don't mind giving my money to Valve.

Feel free to add me if you are looking to play launch week.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']When you're a Plus member and there's a PSN game coming out that you want, you always run the risk of it being a free Plus game in the future. Therefore, you have to judge whether you should buy it now or wait to see if it comes out free.

Are you really looking forward to playing it? Most free Plus games are 6+ months old. If we get a new free game, it's usually on Day 1. Therefore, being able to play those six months might be worth the cost of the game. Also, you have to consider that the online community after six months will be more advanced than the community at the start, although the influx of new Plus players may counter this.

With this particular game, there are also some other things to consider. First, you're also getting a 20% Plus discount so that makes it cheaper. Also, did you buy any other Play games? If so, buying this means you'll get another $3 store credit.

For me, I'm only somewhat interested in this game, but if it has a platinum, I'll pre-order it because I've already bought Sound Shapes and Papo y Yo and it's comes with a small discount already.

I've been waiting on Moon Diver forever. I also want Castlevania: Harmony of Despair to go on sale too.[/QUOTE]
if its like the xbox list my guess no plat

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/44181-counter-strike-global-offensive-achievements/

[quote name='Tsel']360 games don't have an additional achievement for completing all the other achievements like PS3 games do.[/QUOTE]
Some do have a Platinum trophy achievement for getting every other achievement. I know NBA 2K11 definitely has it.

[quote name='Tsel']360 games don't have an additional achievement for completing all the other achievements like PS3 games do.[/QUOTE]
but its only 12 trophies why would that have a plat?

[quote name='rpg']but its only 12 trophies why would that have a plat?[/QUOTE]

Some 360 games with 200 points do end up having a full trophy list with platinum on the PS3 and vice versa. However, this is probably not the case. Furthermore, those trophies look like a royal pain in the ass, I'll skip this one.

So any of you with Papa & Yo play much of it yet? I tried the demo (which is pretty substantial, as far as downloadable game demos go), and while I loved the art-style and music, the gameplay didn't do much for me. The puzzles were super-simple and not too interesting and the story wasn't very compelling (so far). I'm sure things change once Monster arrives, but even with the upcoming rebate, I didn't think I wanted to buy it.
Did anyone here get it and has strong opinions about the game one way or another?

[quote name='Decker']So any of you with Papa & Yo play much of it yet? I tried the demo (which is pretty substantial, as far as downloadable game demos go), and while I loved the art-style and music, the gameplay didn't do much for me. The puzzles were super-simple and not too interesting and the story wasn't very compelling (so far). I'm sure things change once Monster arrives, but even with the upcoming rebate, I didn't think I wanted to buy it.
Did anyone here get it and has strong opinions about the game one way or another?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to start playing it in a couple of hours but from what I heard, the story is amazing (especially the ending) while the gameplay is pretty simplistic.

[quote name='Decker']So any of you with Papa & Yo play much of it yet? I tried the demo (which is pretty substantial, as far as downloadable game demos go), and while I loved the art-style and music, the gameplay didn't do much for me. The puzzles were super-simple and not too interesting and the story wasn't very compelling (so far). I'm sure things change once Monster arrives, but even with the upcoming rebate, I didn't think I wanted to buy it.
Did anyone here get it and has strong opinions about the game one way or another?[/QUOTE]i only seen the ign review and the game looks terrible
reason to get this
1.enjoy the music
2.art style
3.story
4.don't care about gameplay/bugs glitches
then buy it

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Some do have a Platinum trophy achievement for getting every other achievement. I know NBA 2K11 definitely has it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, some games have universal achievements/trophies for acquiring the rest, but not all. I didn't know how to reference those.

http://community.us.playstation.com...t/m-p/37912501/message-uid/37912501#U37912501

There's going to be a special Full Game Trial for Counter-Strike GO for PS+ members that opt into Automatic Download:
Plus members,

If you're not quite sold on the awesome that will be CounterStrike Global Offensive (releasing 8/21 on PSN) just wanted to deliver the message that the PlayStation Store will be sending the CounterStrike Global Offensive timed trial (60 minutes of the full game) to Plus members automatically overnight. As you go to sleep on the evening of 8/20, ensure your Automatic Download settings are turned ON, and that you have the option checked "Download recommended games and videos" in the settings.

This is a special demo and not available in the PlayStation Store; only to Plus members.

XMB > Settings > System Settings > Automatic Updates

Then wake up the morning of 8/21 and check out that awesome CS action for yourself. If you like what ya have with the demo, then snag the game that day from the PlayStation Store.

And remember, CSGO is part of PSN PLAY, so the more games from PSN PLAY you buy, the more PS Store credit you get back. Check the PSN PLAY website for more details by clicking here.

- morgan/mochuuu, SCEA PSN Team

[quote name='rpg']i only seen the ign review and the game looks terrible
reason to get this
1.enjoy the music
2.art style
3.story
4.don't care about gameplay/bugs glitches
then buy it[/QUOTE]

Your second numbered list within 3 hours. Impressive. ;)

i didnt care for the re4/re cv trophy lists, but for even more salt in the wound, 360 got 1000/1000 points which is comparable to a retail/plat, while ps3 only got the paltry 12 or so trophies like a normal psn game.
reminds me when volition/thq were telling the gaming press that saints row 2 would have unique trophies for the ps3 version, and lo and behold, they never even implemented them in the game at all. and meanwhile we got games like uncharted 3 and mgs4 getting trophies post humously. idk

[quote name='TraBuch']Are the Harvest Moon games basically just dating sims?[/QUOTE]

More along the lines of a farming sim.

[quote name='Velo214']i didnt care for the re4/re cv trophy lists, but for even more salt in the wound, 360 got 1000/1000 points which is comparable to a retail/plat, while ps3 only got the paltry 12 or so trophies like a normal psn game.
reminds me when volition/thq were telling the gaming press that saints row 2 would have unique trophies for the ps3 version, and lo and behold, they never even implemented them in the game at all. and meanwhile we got games like uncharted 3 and mgs4 getting trophies post humously. idk[/QUOTE]

But there are also games that only get 200 achievement points but have a full platinum list for PS3 so it cuts both ways. I believe the Devil May Cry collection has all three games split amongst the 1,000 points but has three full trophy lists for PS3.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']But there are also games that only get 200 achievement points but have a full platinum list for PS3 so it cuts both ways. I believe the Devil May Cry collection has all three games split amongst the 1,000 points but has three full trophy lists for PS3.[/QUOTE]

I don't know for sure if DMC works like that, but the MGS HD Collection does. That's the primary reason why I want it on PS3 and not 360.

[quote name='Tsel']I don't know for sure if DMC works like that, but the MGS HD Collection does. That's the primary reason why I want it on PS3 and not 360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I buy all my HD Collections on PS3 because of the extra platinums.

The way it seems, Xbox only allows 1000 GS per disc in those collections. So MGS2 & 3 are on 1 disc, so they had to split the 1000GS. MGS Peace Walker got it's own disc and it's own 1000.

All 3 Devil May Cry games are on one Xbox Disc, so all 3 games had to share the 1000GS.

Did anyone here get it and has strong opinions about the game one way or another?[/QUOTE]

I started playing it last night and enjoying it so far. There was an update so hopefully that took care of some of the glitches. The music in this game is excellent. The gameplay is simple but the story is supposed to be really good.

[quote name='Bumslie']I started playing it last night and enjoying it so far. There was an update so hopefully that took care of some of the glitches. The music in this game is excellent. The gameplay is simple but the story is supposed to be really good.[/QUOTE]
Everyone who buys the game can also download the Day 1 Patch, which addresses and solves key technical issues that some may have previously experienced. This should ensure that you all have the best Papo & Yo experience possible.

http://www.weareminority.com/featured/papo-yo-important-news/

Are we gonna get the rest of the Walking Dead episodes free as well? I know Plus got BTTF free.

Side note: As a former Plus cynic, I've turned over 100%. The free games, cloud storage, and discounts more than make up for not 'owning' the games. Compare that to how pathetic gold has been for going on months now (not starting a flamewar, just stating what's true), I have no intention of renewing Gold but Plus is gonna be a necessity for me from now on.

I got $7 left in my PSN account (wouldn't mind add a little more). Anyone has a recommendation for a Vita game? Preferrably RPG. Action is okay too. I was thinking of getting a Disgaea game but already has AoD on PSP UMD and disgaea 3 is still a bit high for my budget.

Not many talking about PS+ cloud storage bump from 150mb to 1gig, so I'll hype it up some more.

I am so looking forward to this, 150mb is small. Oblivion and Skyrim save files are 9-12mb each, and it nabs the quicksaves also if you auto-cloud. Even after manually deleting those, still have 3-4 saves per game (different characters, story progress, oh crap wrong thing happen backups, etc). While many games are under 500k, the ones that are 3mb-6mb add up fast. So yay for 1gig PS+ Cloud Storage!

It seems that with the free version of MotorStorm RC being done with now, Sony just put up completely new versions of MotorStorm RC for Vita and PS3 that now support Cross Buy. So if you bought the PS3 version of MotorStorm RC at launch for $7.50 via PS+ to lock in your eventual ownership of the paid Vita version when that appeared, you now only own the PS3 version and that's only available in your download history. You'd have to spend another $9.99 to own both versions that you should've locked in with that original $7.50 purchase.

Here is where Jamie Brayshaw specifically states that purchasers of the PS3 version will be entitled to the Vita version no matter when they bought it.

Here's a look at what Europe is getting in the coming months. Maybe it will give a hint as to what US users will get (sans retail ones of course haha)

Aug
Dead Space 2
Just Cause 2
Borderlands
Rock of Ages

Sept:
Red Dead Redemption
Retro/Grade
Machinarium
Double Dragon: Neon

October
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

TBA
Knytt Underground
Big Sky Infinity

^Holy shit dude, I'll take Retro/Grade, Double Dragon, and Hell Yeah! And if we get none of those, I will consider joining in the whining that EU PS+ is rocking the fuck out of US PS+.

Also, source?

[quote name='evophile']Here's a look at what Europe is getting in the coming months. Maybe it will give a hint as to what US users will get (sans retail ones of course haha)

Aug
Dead Space 2
Just Cause 2
Borderlands
Rock of Ages

Sept:
Red Dead Redemption
Retro/Grade
Machinarium
Double Dragon: Neon

October
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

TBA
Knytt Underground
Big Sky Infinity[/QUOTE]

can u post link where u find all this thx

[quote name='zeldaking']I need to move to Europe! They get all the good games.[/QUOTE]
ha u just need a europe account no need to move

I am so curious that whether counter strike go can share online with two system in one psn account. For example, I download psn game Lara in a psn account such as named abc123, and my friend download this game in My abc123 account. Then, my friend changes to his own account called kkk124 and he still can play the game. Most surprisingly, We can play together online. In simple, i can play online with my account abc 123 and he uses his account kkk124 to play online, and then we can play together in the same room. Actually, do all psn games similar to this situation? I am doubting whether counter strike go can do so.

Thank you guys a lot.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Holy shit dude, I'll take Retro/Grade, Double Dragon, and Hell Yeah! And if we get none of those, I will consider joining in the whining that EU PS+ is rocking the fuck out of US PS+.

Also, source?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rpg']can u post link where u find all this thx[/QUOTE]

They were mentioned very offhandedly in the UK PS Blogs Gamescom coverage

[quote name='PS Blog UK']
Other titles confirmed as coming to PlayStation Plus include HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, which will be October 2012's game of the month, as well as titles from independent studios such as Retro/Grade, Big Sky Infinity and Knytt Underground.

When you subscribe, you can download the fist-pumping Rock of Ages and, from September, you'll be able to grab the critically acclaimed Machinarium, the white-knuckle ride of Retro/Grade, the reimagined classic Double Dragon: Neon and more, all at no extra cost.[/QUOTE]

these are the actual links
http://uk.playstation.com/psn/news/articles/detail/item522374/New-from-PlayStation-at-gamescom-2012/
http://uk.playstation.com/psn/news/...6/PlayStation-Plus-goes-big-at-gamescom-2012/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back