PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mute everyone with a mic icon. No one actually uses it to talk strategy or tactics. It's usually just bullshit talk with a friend or whining about dying or being racist.

Hahaha, I got banned from PS3trophies.org because I posted that pic and it showed my actual PSN and I've been banned before from that website. I think I went like 2 years without anyone knowing, hahah, fuckin idiots.

I guess trophies are serious business. Just a bunch of nerds showing off how many guides they can follow. I just lurk on them and steal their tips lololol.

[quote name='Jodou']I guess trophies are serious business. Just a bunch of nerds showing of how many guides they can follow. I just lurk on them and steal their tips lololol.[/QUOTE]

Haha, nah, it's cause I went up against their moderators a long time ago (probably at least three years ago). Guess they hold a grudge. I'll still be able to use the site, I just won't be able to post, which is not a big deal at all.

[quote name='Jodou']I guess trophies are serious business. Just a bunch of nerds showing off how many guides they can follow. I just lurk on them and steal their tips lololol.[/QUOTE]

I wish it was as easy as following a guide. Then P4U wouldn't be kicking my ass so hard... (~355/390 challenges done)

But yeah, I've heard the mods can be pretty anal over at ps3t. I've never really had to deal with them though.

[quote name='Jodou']I guess trophies are serious business. Just a bunch of nerds showing off how many guides they can follow. I just lurk on them and steal their tips lololol.[/QUOTE]

You're not stealing anything. The tips are posted to be shared. ;)

It is actually a good site if you are just looking for help with trophies or even helping people out with info. Its when you try to have conversations on it that the immaturity shines through.

Its like how people on CAG will complain about the smallest thing. For example, people really complain when an exclamation point is used in a topic?

By the way, did anyone download Outland from Plus? I tried it for an hour or so, and fuck me, is it the most boring game ever? Does it get better?

[quote name='dgwillia006']To anyone who got Legasista early, is it good? I'm debating on whether to get it now or wait.[/QUOTE]

I played it for about 90 minutes tonight. I am actually still in the tutorial, the game seems rather slow in presenting me with all the different things I can do in the game. It's a little bit overwhelming but I'm getting a handle on most things. I also seem to be rather slow when it comes to playing games, so that might be part of it as well.

The game is in Japanese with English text, which is actually kinda cool. I'm a quick reader so it's nice to not be tempted by English audio. The game is really nice looking, like I said earlier I'm a total newb when it comes to NIS games, but I really like the colors and the sprites in the game. The story is kind of odd but still intriguing at this point, though I assume it will be going off the rails sooner or later.

Gameplay and combat is fine but uneventful so far. Like I said, I'm still in the tutorial so there hasn't been a whole lot of combat. The menu/equip screens are OK, but seem just a little bit convoluted. There's still a couple aspects of the game I still don't have a handle on.
(Job Positions and Titles for anyone familiar with the game)

It seems like people have compared the game to the Cladun games on PSP. I actually thought those Cladun games looked really fun, but I've never owned a PSP so I never got the chance to play them. That is what kind-of pushed me into getting Legasista, so I could finally get a chance to check out a Cladun-like game.

I got the game in a trade for 1600msp card (technically $20, but it felt like a lot less because I probably paid closer to $12.50 for the card AND it's been sitting in my drawer for almost 6 months) so I'm happy with my purchase so far. If I had paid $30 cash for the game, I might not be quite as happy with the game so far.

EDIT: Oh ya, I haven't unlocked any trophies yet. In reading the descriptions of some of them, it sounds like the Platinum would be very time consuming.

[quote name='KneeKnee']You're not stealing anything. The tips are posted to be shared. ;)

It is actually a good site if you are just looking for help with trophies or even helping people out with info. Its when you try to have conversations on it that the immaturity shines through.

Its like how people on CAG will complain about the smallest thing. For example, people really complain when an exclamation point is used in a topic?

By the way, did anyone download Outland from Plus? I tried it for an hour or so, and fuck me, is it the most boring game ever? Does it get better?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, Outland starts off pretty slow until you start unlocking powers. It definitely gets better, to me it's a borderline-great platformer that tried something new and succeeded. It also has a couple tough as nails bosses, which I appreciate in platforming games.

[quote name='wrencrest']Thats why I dont play many games online. Cause I would always be on those shitty teams since I am shitty (aka dont play all the time and learn the secret spots and/or cheats).

As for Frisky, he is so literal all the time, I cant figure out if he is really that boring in real life or if he is really just a robot.[/QUOTE]

Lol if I ever ask a question in.this thread, Frisky is rarely far behind. It comes in very handy. Every Forum needs one!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, nah, it's cause I went up against their moderators a long time ago (probably at least three years ago). Guess they hold a grudge. I'll still be able to use the site, I just won't be able to post, which is not a big deal at all.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a woman trying to cock block you from GETTINMONEY. When it's bout gettin yo paper, you do whatever you gots to do, you feel me?

homies.jpg

[quote name='Paco']Sounds like a woman trying to cock block you from GETTINMONEY. When it's bout gettin yo paper, you do whatever you gots to do, you feel me?

homies.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You're so funny, Paco.

For all the people excited about CS:GO (like me!!). Just a heads up it does actually have a shiny platinum to it (9 Golds as well). Kinda nice too since the 360 list was blah. Nice to see after so many times PS3 getting less point values on certain games, we have one go our way. Nothing really difficult on it either so should all just come from playing normally, which is nice for any online game.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/games/view/1473-csgo

[quote name='dgwillia006']Isnt that like the case with almost any fps lol?

One team is the super giga pro's who can spawn camp you and shoot you the second you spawn, the other team is a bunch of 12 year olds running in circles flash banging their own team mates screaming racist insults in their mics.[/QUOTE]
That sounds like BF1943 at times. Any time someone turns on their mic and it starts blaring over my tv speakers, I usually turn my mic on and set it aside so I don't have to hear the squelch of them screaming or blasting their music on my tv.

When the noise level coming from the mic gets too loud for my liking though, I've been known to scream or mumble gibberish till the idiots turn their mics back off.:D
trollpix.png

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That sounds like BF1943 at times. Any time someone turns on their mic and it starts blaring over my tv speakers, I usually turn my mic on and set it aside so I don't have to hear the squelch of them screaming or blasting their music on my tv.

When the noise level coming from the mic gets too loud for my liking though, I've been known to scream or mumble gibberish till the idiots turn their mics back off.:D
trollpix.png
[/QUOTE]

When will the game cs go release? What time in tomorrow in pst?

[quote name='rpghope18']For all the people excited about CS:GO (like me!!). Just a heads up it does actually have a shiny platinum to it (9 Golds as well). Kinda nice too since the 360 list was blah. Nice to see after so many times PS3 getting less point values on certain games, we have one go our way. Nothing really difficult on it either so should all just come from playing normally, which is nice for any online game.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/games/view/1473-csgo[/QUOTE]

Hello, are you a trophy booster ? I want to get these trophy as soon as possible. My psn is ckc4043.

[quote name='ckc4043']Hello, are you a trophy booster ? I want to get these trophy as soon as possible. My psn is ckc4043.[/QUOTE]

I only boost online trophies if the online community is dead, and it's the only way to get them done. This game will be far from a dead community. I know there will probably be some on here that will want to rush to finish and move on, but I'm taking my time to enjoy this one. :bouncy:

[quote name='rpghope18']I only boost online trophies if the online community is dead, and it's the only way to get them done. This game will be far from a dead community. I know there will probably be some on here that will want to rush to finish and move on, but I'm taking my time to enjoy this one. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Would you mind helping me to get the trophy? Thank you very much, by the way,When will the game cs go release? What time in tomorrow in pst?

[quote name='ckc4043']Would you mind helping me to get the trophy? Thank you very much, by the way,When will the game cs go release? What time in tomorrow in pst?[/QUOTE]

No one can say for certain when the store will update, since there has been times that it has not updated till 11PM EST and others it has at 2PM EST.

[quote name='rpghope18']I only boost online trophies if the online community is dead, and it's the only way to get them done. This game will be
far from a dead community. [/QUOTE]

Im playing through Bodycount now. I'm the only person online. Im not saying that to exaggerate, 3 game modes, not one game going. Most of the time I make a room and do other shit until someone joins. 9/10 times I just turn the game off. I only need 3 more online trophies and its been a challenge boosting OR playing legit.

I boosted the hell out of Wolfenstein and it is one of my rarest platinums. I dont think anyone could have done the requirements by playing legit.

Online trophies should have you sampling a little of everything the game has to offer, not make you do things that are so far out of the normal range of playing.

[quote name='6er']Lol if I ever ask a question in.this thread, Frisky is rarely far behind. It comes in very handy. Every Forum needs one![/QUOTE]
Oh dont get me wrong, I like Frisky as he is very informative. He just doesnt show any personality or answer anything that isnt literally said in a post that I think he is a robot.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Im playing through Bodycount now. I'm the only person online. Im not saying that to exaggerate, 3 game modes, not one game going. Most of the time I make a room and do other shit until someone joins. 9/10 times I just turn the game off. I only need 3 more online trophies and its been a challenge boosting OR playing legit.

I boosted the hell out of Wolfenstein and it is one of my rarest platinums. I dont think anyone could have done the requirements by playing legit.

Online trophies should have you sampling a little of everything the game has to offer, not make you do things that are so far out of the normal range of playing.[/QUOTE]
This is absolutley how it should be done. Why does anyone have to get to the highest online rank for a trophy? Anyone who wants to can get that done in most games by boosting...so really, whats the point? Make me sample every weapon, map, and game type. Then maybe I will play online and enjoy it. But I cant play any game for 100 hours. I seriously have bad ADD.

[quote name='KneeKnee']
By the way, did anyone download Outland from Plus? I tried it for an hour or so, and fuck me, is it the most boring game ever? Does it get better?[/QUOTE]
Outland was boring for the first hour or two. It picks up. But it is just more asthetically pleasing than anything to me. Cool little game. And it gets pretty tough at the end. Especially the last two bosses. I am on the final boss right now. I died a couple times and turned it off last night. Ill try and get it done tonight.

that's great cs go gets a plat. isnt there a tough one tho like killing all enemy team without getting hit? idk. and no need to boost this game, it will be active. Bodycount, yeah that was a tough plat and required boosting.

Rampage! Win an Arms Race match without dying

yeah very surprised ps3 finally gets love with more points than a 360 version.

[quote name='Velo214']that's great cs go gets a plat. isnt there a tough one tho like killing all enemy team without getting hit? idk. and no need to boost this game, it will be active. Bodycount, yeah that was a tough plat and required boosting.

Rampage! Win an Arms Race match without dying

yeah very surprised ps3 finally gets love with more points than a 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is my first platinum in ps3,I really want to find someone for help..

Any impressions on CS:GO yet? Apparently there was a Beta/Trial being pushed out today to PS+ users with automatic download overnight.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Any chance some Vita games will get PSN download discount today since the MSRPs dropped?[/QUOTE]

I think a magic 8-ball is about as confident as any of us can be on that topic. We can hope though.

[quote name='Sonne']Any impressions on CS:GO yet? Apparently there was a Beta/Trial being pushed out today to PS+ users with automatic download overnight.[/QUOTE]

The game comes out today...

[quote name='Sonne']Any impressions on CS:GO yet? Apparently there was a Beta/Trial being pushed out today to PS+ users with automatic download overnight.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can tell you that I'm a PS+ member and I didn't get it this morning. But the game comes out today anyway, so impressions should be up today or tomorrow.

Just pre-ordered CS;GO with my PS+ discount. It was the first time in over a year of being a PS+ subscriber that I used the discount. Can't wait for the update to go live so I can download and play CS:GO

CS:GO is live for the people wanting to get started on the download, about 2.3 gigs. Not sure if that means the whole store is updating or not, but CS:GO changed over.

[quote name='rpghope18']CS:GO is live for the people wanting to get started on the download, about 2.3 gigs. Not sure if that means the whole store is updating or not, but CS:GO changed over.[/QUOTE]

Downloading now. Thanks!

[quote name='wrencrest']Outland was boring for the first hour or two. It picks up. But it is just more asthetically pleasing than anything to me. Cool little game. And it gets pretty tough at the end. Especially the last two bosses. I am on the final boss right now. I died a couple times and turned it off last night. Ill try and get it done tonight.[/QUOTE]

Glad to know it picks up - played it for a bit last night and was a little bored too.

[quote name='rpghope18']CS:GO is live for the people wanting to get started on the download, about 2.3 gigs. Not sure if that means the whole store is updating or not, but CS:GO changed over.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow it is!?
thanks

wow at metal gear solid think its cheaper at retail store with all 3 games

PS3 Full Games

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron ($59.99)

TransformersFallofCybertron_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

Size: 8.45 GB

PSN Games

Counter Strike: Global Offensive ($14.99)

CounterStrikeGO_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 2.3 GB

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty HD ($14.99)

MetalGearSolid2_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 8.4 GB

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD ($14.99)

MetalGearSolid3_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 9.4 GB

Way of the Samurai 4 ($39.99)

WayoftheSamurai4_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 4.8 GB

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure HD ($19.99)

JojosBizarreAdventureHDVer_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 650 MB

Retro/Grade ($9.99)

RetroGrade_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 303 MB

Crazy Strike Bowling ($14.99)

CrazyStrikeBowling_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 840 MB

Legasista ($29.99)

Legasista_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 1.56 GB

PS Vita

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD ($19.99)

MetalGearSolid2_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 1.6 GB

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD ($19.99)

MetalGearSolid3_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

File Size: 1.8 GB

PS2 Classics

GUNGRAVE OVERDOSE ($9.99)

GungraveOverdose_PS2Classic_thumb_ALL.jpg

File Size: 3.65 GB

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/21/playstation-store-update-253/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Decker']Both Metal Gear Solid HD games are showing a $19.99 price on my Vita, not $14.99 as listed above.[/QUOTE]
fixed Grace Chen makes a lot of mistakes in the blog

I need to read some first impressions on CS GO, as soon as possible. I´m still at work and i am counting seconds to get home and play it.

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Bulletstorm - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dead Space Super Bundle - $24.99 - Game + All DLC - Permanent Price Drop
Dead Space 2 Super Bundle - $39.99 - Game + All DLC - Permanent Price Drop
Madden NFL 12 - $29.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Plants vs. Zombies/High Stakes Poker Bundle - $17.49
Renegade Ops - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Renegade Ops Bundle - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Sonic Adventure - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 - $29.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Retro/Grade + Soundtrack Bundle - $14.99

Minis
Galcon Labs - PSP/PS3/Vita - $1.49

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Autumn Seasonal Creator Kit - Free
Spec Ops: The Line - Co-Op Challenge Mode - Free

Apps
EA Sports Central - Free - 17 MB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Adventures To Go! - PSP - $7.50
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - $11.99 - Move & KB/M Compatible - Ends 8/28
Dust 514 - Mercenary Pack - $10.00
Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl - PSP - $7.50
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley - PSP - $7.50
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon - PSP - $7.50
Plants vs. Zombies/High Stakes Poker Bundle - $8.75
Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors - PSP - $7.50

Betas
Dust 514 - Move Compatible

Full Game Trials
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Automatic Download only
Michael Jackson: The Experience - Move Required

Ending on 8/28:

Deals
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - $11.99 - Ends 8/28
Foosball 2012 - $5.99
Foosball 2012 - Vita - $5.99
Malicious - $7.99
Resident Evil Chronicles: HD Collection Bundle - $24.29

Dynasty Warriors 7

Sonic Adventure seeing a price drop to $5 is unexpected, but very welcome. I'd pick it up if I didn't have it on 360.

[quote name='wrencrest']Oh dont get me wrong, I like Frisky as he is very informative. He just doesnt show any personality or answer anything that isnt literally said in a post that I think he is a robot.[/QUOTE]
In what way should I answer questions to show personality? Add LOLs, extra periods, and misspellings? Most of the questions that are posted here are simple to answer, so I don't know how I should do it differently. I don't think people that are asking questions here are looking for jokes and stuff that doesn't answer their questions.

way of the samurai 4 has my attention, but its $40. I played the 3rd and had fun, this one has online assassin pvp? sounds like demons souls cool...

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']way of the samurai 4 has my attention, but its $40. I played the 3rd and had fun, this one has online assassin pvp? sounds like demons souls cool...[/QUOTE]
If you can wait for some price drops, you could always import WOTS 4 from Zavvi.com once it gets a lil bit cheaper and have a physical copy at least.

Right now it's around $55 in US cash for a copy from Zavvi.

I see CS:GO supports Mouse and Keyboard on PS3, will any wired usb KB/M work or do I have to get an official one. I already have the game on Steam but I want to double dip since its cheap at the moment, that is if I can convince my friends to get it as well, I'm tired of just playing CoD with them all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back