PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']In what way should I answer questions to show personality? Add LOLs, extra periods, and misspellings? Most of the questions that are posted here are simple to answer, so I don't know how I should do it differently. I don't think people that are asking questions here are looking for jokes and stuff that doesn't answer their questions.[/QUOTE]
Again, you take things so literally.

I asked why you felt that Tokyo Jungle was a steal at $15. You responded with the literal answer, which was: "I would have spent $40 so its a steal to me". I was paraphrasing what you said so dont go literal again and tell me that isnt EXACTLY what you said. I dont care. LOLLOLOOLOOOOOL. :lol: See?! personality! hahahahahha. :bouncy: Now I am just fucking around of course. So please dont get upset by me clowning around for a second. I know that goes against your moral code or something.

I feel that most people (such as myself) would have explained in more detail why they felt that Tokyo Jungle was a game they would like to play. You know (or do you?), give some explanation as to what they like about it and so forth. I truly was looking for more detail on the game in question. But thats my fault I should have known you wouldnt go into detail when I didnt specifically ask for it, because time and again you only respond to LITERALLY what is said. So I again say you are a robot or really fucking boring to be around in real life...or you a bona fide genious. Maybe both?!

Either way you do a great job of keeping the various threads you run updated and for that I thank you.

EDIT: And yeah, I dont correct all my spelling mistakes and/or grammatical errors. This isnt English class so I dont waste my time. :)

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I see CS:GO supports Mouse and Keyboard on PS3, will any wired usb KB/M work or do I have to get an official one. I already have the game on Steam but I want to double dip since its cheap at the moment, that is if I can convince my friends to get it as well, I'm tired of just playing CoD with them all the time[/QUOTE]
im using a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse

no u dont need a sony mouse+key

[quote name='rpg']im using a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse

no u dont need a sony mouse+key[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried this with a controller? I imagine it'd be difficult with all the precision required in CS.

[quote name='wrencrest']Again, you take things so literally.

I asked why you felt that Tokyo Jungle was a steal at $15. You responded with the literal answer, which was: "I would have spent $40 so its a steal to me". I was paraphrasing what you said so dont go literal again and tell me that isnt EXACTLY what you said. I dont care. LOLLOLOOLOOOOOL. :lol: See?! personality! hahahahahha. :bouncy: Now I am just fucking around of course. So please dont get upset by me clowning around for a second. I know that goes against your moral code or something.

I feel that most people (such as myself) would have explained in more detail why they felt that Tokyo Jungle was a game they would like to play. You know (or do you?), give some explanation as to what they like about it and so forth. I truly was looking for more detail on the game in question. But thats my fault I should have known you wouldnt go into detail when I didnt specifically ask for it, because time and again you only respond to LITERALLY what is said. So I again say you are a robot or really fucking boring to be around in real life...or you a bona fide genious. Maybe both?!

Either way you do a great job of keeping the various threads you run updated and for that I thank you.

EDIT: And yeah, I dont correct all my spelling mistakes and/or grammatical errors. This isnt English class so I dont waste my time. :)[/QUOTE]
I think I found Frisky's picture on the internet.;)
sheldon_cooper.jpg

EDIT: And yeah, I dont correct all my spelling mistakes and/or grammatical errors. This isnt English class so I dont waste my time. :)[/QUOTE]
Just to get this out of the way up front, I wasn't making fun of your spelling/grammar. So don't get butthurt about that.

Getting upset at being literal on the internet is weird since it's a fucking text-focused place of discussion. I can only talk about stuff in the context of what I read.

As for Tokyo Jungle, the concept of it being set in a future Tokyo where Humans have disappeared and animals have turned the city into an actual urban jungle, so you play as animals ranging from tiny birds and Pomeranians up to fucking dinosaurs is enough of a cool/quirky idea that I'm onboard without much need for further explanation. If you can't get why anybody would find that a fascinating idea for a game, then there's nothing I can say to explain it. I found it so fascinating that I was willing to pay about $40 for it, but due to the HK version not having English support and seeing the secret E3 announcement leads me to save $25 on a game I've been sold on for a while. It's kind of a 'nuff said situation for me.

As for being a very matter-of-fact person, that's kind of who I am with those I don't know or see with any kind of regularity like you guys. That's not who I am with friends, family, and such that I do know, so don't worry about me being the most boring person on Earth. The fact that people even think/wonder/ask about that creeps me out in immeasurable ways.

Ignore him, for he does not know of your awesomeness.

You are like Batman, always there when your fellow CAG's need you. You do not crack jokes because you have no need to.

Is it me or did they really seem to hide the 1 hour trial for CS:GO? I had to go to the blog to find it since it wasn't listed under New Releases, PS+ for the week, or anything.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Morgan on the PS Blog said they'll be a new PS+ update "next Monday", not sure if that means the 27th or the 3rd.[/QUOTE]
psn + are mondays
store updates tuesdays

I've played through half of Retro/Grade's campaign on Beginner so far and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The guitar controls work quite well, which is bringing back lots of RB memories as I try to get used to the "highway" going from right to left instead of top to bottom. There's a lot of content here with ten levels, six difficulties, a challenge mode that presents weird twists on levels I've played, and a lot of unlockables, ships, and bonus content.

As an example of a bonus, I earned a Minecraft ship from the challenge mode early on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']Ignore him, for he does not know of your awesomeness.

You are like Batman, always there when your fellow CAG's need you. You do not crack jokes because you have no need to.[/QUOTE]
From now on, I'll be reading Frisky's responses and will hear Christian Bale's Batman voice.

As far as the update this week, downloaded the demos for Sleeping Dogs, Transformers, and Dragon's Dogma and waiting for RB Blitz next week. I'm still hoping for an announcement for Sunday Ticket for PS3 this year, but in the comments this week, Morgan said there was nothing to announce on that front.

And when I asked if he still would have felt it was a steal if he didn't know it was selling elsewhere for $40, I accidentally said in Europe rather than in Japan. So he said he didn't know it was selling in Europe for $40, as if knowing it was selling for $40 in Japan was a completely different question with a completely different point.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've played through half of the campaign on Beginner so far and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The guitar controls work quite well, which is bringing back lots of RB memories as I try to get used to the "highway" going from right to left instead of top to bottom. There's a lot of content here with ten levels, six difficulties, a challenge mode that presents weird twists on levels I've played, and a lot of unlockables, ships, and bonus content.

As an example of a bonus, I earned a Minecraft ship from the challenge mode early on.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume this paragraph is referring to Counterstrike:GO.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I'm going to assume this paragraph is referring to Counterstrike:GO.[/QUOTE]
tumblr_m7ae6hcKBP1r17jgb.gif

He was talking about Retro/Grade. ;)

Regarding CS:GO, I'm loving it so far. Lots of fun, tight gameplay...it's CS.

Only thing is that I was playing against some bots as my connection was wonky, and then the game completely locked up on me as I was about to clinch the game.

Still well worth $12. Hell, I got my money's worth tonight alone.

[quote name='Sonne']Regarding CS:GO, I'm loving it so far. Lots of fun, tight gameplay...it's CS.

Only thing is that I was playing against some bots as my connection was wonky, and then the game completely locked up on me as I was about to clinch the game.

Still well worth $12. Hell, I got my money's worth tonight alone.[/QUOTE]

Man, it would only cost me $9 thanks to that rebate thing. I'm not a big multiplayer FPS fan, but that's pretty tempting.

Do they have the Steam overlay like they do with Portal 2 on the PS3?

[quote name='Decker']Man, it would only cost me $9 thanks to that rebate thing. I'm not a big multiplayer FPS fan, but that's pretty tempting.

Do they have the Steam overlay like they do with Portal 2 on the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Way worth $9. I had to tear myself away. It was like High School computer class all over again.

And yeah, it does. That's a really nice touch, and it got me to actually look at my Steam account again for the first time in MONTHS.

What I love about this game is that there isn't the COD BS you can see in those other games. If you die, it's because you messed up or the other guy was smarter. I think I'm done with Imposters now that this is out.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've played through half of the campaign on Beginner so far and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The guitar controls work quite well, which is bringing back lots of RB memories as I try to get used to the "highway" going from right to left instead of top to bottom. There's a lot of content here with ten levels, six difficulties, a challenge mode that presents weird twists on levels I've played, and a lot of unlockables, ships, and bonus content.

As an example of a bonus, I earned a Minecraft ship from the challenge mode early on.[/QUOTE]

You got me excited today was the drop (miscalculated the date). I have 900+ songs waiting for this game!

We're talking about blitz right:)

Hmmm, a couple of downloads have mysteriously appeared on my PS3 -- apparently from that "download recommended games" thing. First time I saw this.

It downloaded+installed the Counter-Strike: GO 60-minute demo, and it also downloaded [but didn't install] a second game, which says "LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta" but has the icon of a demo for an Avatar game. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in that mystery box. :p

edit: Aww, it's just the Avatar demo. I was hoping for a bizarre scenario where it turns out to be some third game that has nothing to do with either Avatar nor LBP Karting.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just to get this out of the way up front, I wasn't making fun of your spelling/grammar. So don't get butthurt about that.

Getting upset at being literal on the internet is weird since it's a fucking text-focused place of discussion. I can only talk about stuff in the context of what I read.

As for Tokyo Jungle, the concept of it being set in a future Tokyo where Humans have disappeared and animals have turned the city into an actual urban jungle, so you play as animals ranging from tiny birds and Pomeranians up to fucking dinosaurs is enough of a cool/quirky idea that I'm onboard without much need for further explanation. If you can't get why anybody would find that a fascinating idea for a game, then there's nothing I can say to explain it. I found it so fascinating that I was willing to pay about $40 for it, but due to the HK version not having English support and seeing the secret E3 announcement leads me to save $25 on a game I've been sold on for a while. It's kind of a 'nuff said situation for me.

As for being a very matter-of-fact person, that's kind of who I am with those I don't know or see with any kind of regularity like you guys. That's not who I am with friends, family, and such that I do know, so don't worry about me being the most boring person on Earth. The fact that people even think/wonder/ask about that creeps me out in immeasurable ways.[/QUOTE]

I know you werent making fun of me about the spelling and grammar. I just noticed you mentioned it so I wanted to get it in there. No prob there. I dont get "butthurt" about these things. I used the emoticon smily face for a reason. To show it didnt bother me. Which I am pretty sure is why they were invented in the first place. But again, you proved my point that you read and take everything too literally.

You did finally answer my question about Tokyo Jungle. Thank you. Thats all I asked for to begin with. Instead I received the "matter of fact" response which did not really answer my question.

I definitely dont want to creep you or anyone out. At the end of the day I dont care how people act in real life since I dont know anyone personally here. I just wanted to let you know that sometimes people want more of an answer than just the matter of fact response. If I were to ask for a date of a release or something then I would expect just that info. But questions about why you feel some way about a game should usually elicit more of a response like you did above. I really appreciated the info as I didnt know anything about the game.

Lastly, as it appears you and everyone on your bandwagon seem to miss this each time I post it... I DO APPRECIATE THE FACT YOU KEEP ALL YOUR THREADS UP TO DATE AND I THANK YOU FOR THAT. I am a plus user and really like all the info in one place. I think it is great and you do a great job.

Just to change things up a little...

So is the Natsume sale going on for the rest of the month of August? I ask this because the end date of 8/28 isn't listed for each of them.

Hope it lasts a little longer than the next PSN update. Might have to figure out a way to get enough money saved up for PS+ and the Natsume games.

[quote name='wrencrest']I know you werent making fun of me about the spelling and grammar. I just noticed you mentioned it so I wanted to get it in there. No prob there. I dont get "butthurt" about these things. I used the emoticon smily face for a reason. To show it didnt bother me. Which I am pretty sure is why they were invented in the first place. But again, you proved my point that you read and take everything too literally.

You did finally answer my question about Tokyo Jungle. Thank you. Thats all I asked for to begin with. Instead I received the "matter of fact" response which did not really answer my question.

I definitely dont want to creep you or anyone out. At the end of the day I dont care how people act in real life since I dont know anyone personally here. I just wanted to let you know that sometimes people want more of an answer than just the matter of fact response. If I were to ask for a date of a release or something then I would expect just that info. But questions about why you feel some way about a game should usually elicit more of a response like you did above. I really appreciated the info as I didnt know anything about the game.

Lastly, as it appears you and everyone on your bandwagon seem to miss this each time I post it... I DO APPRECIATE THE FACT YOU KEEP ALL YOUR THREADS UP TO DATE AND I THANK YOU FOR THAT. I am a plus user and really like all the info in one place. I think it is great and you do a great job.[/QUOTE]

I think we should arrange a CAG picnic. Then we all get along and turn into best friends.

[quote name='eballarini']I think we should arrange a CAG picnic. Then we all get along and turn into best friends.[/QUOTE]
I'd prefer if it was a no holds barred wrestling event. There's more than a few here who I'd like to crack over the head with a steel chair(and I'm sure more than a few here would like to do the same to me).;):evil:

So I know a lot of people here complain about PSN+ and how EU gets everything and we don't. You should all take a good read with there update today. They didn't get CS:GO this week and there blog posts are just about as bad as ours our in rage (good read). I also believe they haven't even got Dyad yet either. Funny reading those posts how they want to go to US PSN+ and how people here want EU PSN+... so many happy people. :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/22/heads-up-game-store-update-22nd-august-2012/

if i wasn´t a goddamn CAG, i would definitely buy both PSN+ (EU and US)

edit PS: I live in Brazil and we also have a PSN here, but it sucks real bad. You guys have no idea.

[quote name='rpghope18']So I know a lot of people here complain about PSN+ and how EU gets everything and we don't. You should all take a good read with there update today. They didn't get CS:GO this week and there blog posts are just about as bad as ours our in rage (good read). I also believe they haven't even got Dyad yet either. Funny reading those posts how they want to go to US PSN+ and how people here want EU PSN+... so many happy people. :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/22/heads-up-game-store-update-22nd-august-2012/[/QUOTE]

At my job I supervise 7 people. Say, for Christmas, I gave each of them a $20 GC for a different place (let's say Walmart, Applebees, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, McDonalds, and Texas Roadhouse). I'm sure they'd all be grateful to an extent, but I'm sure there would be some whining and complaining among themselves, trading, and even wondering why each person got each gift card. Each person would value each gift card differently.

Luckily I'm not stupid enough to do that. I would give each person a GC to the same store, and they'd all be content that A) they got something nice from me and B) since everyone got the same thing, it doesn't look like I'm showing any special favoritism to anyone.

Now I know that is example is a little bit simplistic compared to what all of PS+ entails, but maybe it's time for Sony to just focus on giving both EU and US the same content as much as possible.

[quote name='wrencrest']Outland was boring for the first hour or two. It picks up. But it is just more asthetically pleasing than anything to me. Cool little game. And it gets pretty tough at the end. Especially the last two bosses. I am on the final boss right now. I died a couple times and turned it off last night. Ill try and get it done tonight.[/QUOTE]

I've been liking Outland so far. For the price (free), it is pretty solid platformer. I'm on the 2nd boss right now.

[quote name='tylerh1701']At my job I supervise 7 people. Say, for Christmas, I gave each of them a $20 GC for a different place (let's say Walmart, Applebees, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, McDonalds, and Texas Roadhouse). I'm sure they'd all be grateful to an extent, but I'm sure there would be some whining and complaining among themselves, trading, and even wondering why each person got each gift card. Each person would value each gift card differently.

Luckily I'm not stupid enough to do that. I would give each person a GC to the same store, and they'd all be content that A) they got something nice from me and B) since everyone got the same thing, it doesn't look like I'm showing any special favoritism to anyone.

Now I know that is example is a little bit simplistic compared to what all of PS+ entails, but maybe it's time for Sony to just focus on giving both EU and US the same content as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

While in most people's eyes they should be similar, also have to remember EU has a lot more boundaries it has to pass to get released. Every game has to pass numerous country standards and have languages included. So while a game might be quick to come out here, if it hits one hiccup over there it could hold up a release for weeks or months (like Dyad currently).

I don't know all the details of why certain games comes out here or there on PSN+. I'm sure there are some boundaries included in it that prevent each PSN+ being the same though. I just know everyone will never be happy.

Back on topic though, anyone interested in CS really should give it a shot. Played some yesterday and it is just as much fun as it was back in the old days. I didn't get to play every mode yet (hope to play more tonight). $15 ($12 PSN+) isn't too bad when you consider how much time you can spend playing.

Also, people wanting to know about how the controller works. I didn't have a problem with the feel since it plays like most FPS's. One plus side is you can change all the button layouts, so it leaves a lot to customize to what works best for you. Either way, I highly recommend since matches are quick and fun in short bursts or long sittings. :bouncy:

[quote name='rpghope18']While in most people's eyes they should be similar, also have to remember EU has a lot more boundaries it has to pass to get released. Every game has to pass numerous country standards and have languages included. So while a game might be quick to come out here, if it hits one hiccup over there it could hold up a release for weeks or months (like Dyad currently).

I don't know all the details of why certain games comes out here or there on PSN+. I'm sure there are some boundaries included in it that prevent each PSN+ being the same though. I just know everyone will never be happy.[/QUOTE]

You're right, it's not a simple 1 to 1 comparison, but I think they had to expect this kind of backlash by giving out such different things. Everybody wants what they can't have.

I must be missing something. I don't see how to activate the steam overlay anywhere in CS:GO. I agree that it's pretty fun on the PS3. I haven't been able to try mouse & kb yet, but it's fine with the controller.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You're right, it's not a simple 1 to 1 comparison, but I think they had to expect this kind of backlash by giving out such different things. Everybody wants what they can't have.[/QUOTE]

It's not their fault though. Different regions means different laws, different licensing agreements, etc. It's gamers who are too stupid to realize this and think that the US is the same as the EU which is the same as Japan.

For example, remember when we thought Mickey Mania was going to be released in NA? Morgan Haro left this reply to someone who asked about it: "It was mentioned that this game could not release in NA since the emulation was only able to be done in PAL territories (Europe); so this title is not slated for release in NA at this time."

I don't know the exact reasons behind the differences but there are differences. It's not like Sony likes Europe more than North America. Gamers always act like these companies (whose only goal is to make money) prefers one region over another because of what is released there and not here.

If you want to stop feeling like you're getting the short end of the stick, stop lookin to see what other regions get.

So, I''m relatively new to the whole concept of Dust 514. I read up on it and it sounded like an awfully awesome game. I picked it up and while I don't usually like to complain about lag, it just feels off. While I know that it is a beta, some of the button responses feel too slow and it upsets me that I can't configure the controls. On that note, is it simple to plug in your keyboard and mouse onto the PS3? I've never actually tried it and I wonder if it's as simple as plugging it in and it works.

Is CS:GO trial any good? I automatically got it when my PS3 auto-updated, which was weird as hell.

[quote name='Monkeydrummer']I must be missing something. I don't see how to activate the steam overlay anywhere in CS:GO. I agree that it's pretty fun on the PS3. I haven't been able to try mouse & kb yet, but it's fine with the controller.[/QUOTE]That's because there isn't Steam overlay/integration in CS:GO on consoles. While they were initially going to make it cross-play like Portal 2, they abandoned that idea back in March. Here's an article about it: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/05/counter-strike-global-offensive-loses-cross-play/

[quote name='Decker']

Do they have the Steam overlay like they do with Portal 2 on the PS3?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sonne']

And yeah, it does. That's a really nice touch, and it got me to actually look at my Steam account again for the first time in MONTHS.
[/QUOTE]

Is that guy lying? He said it does have the overlay.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It's not their fault though. Different regions means different laws, different licensing agreements, etc. It's gamers who are too stupid to realize this and think that the US is the same as the EU which is the same as Japan.

For example, remember when we thought Mickey Mania was going to be released in NA? Morgan Haro left this reply to someone who asked about it: "It was mentioned that this game could not release in NA since the emulation was only able to be done in PAL territories (Europe); so this title is not slated for release in NA at this time."

I don't know the exact reasons behind the differences but there are differences. It's not like Sony likes Europe more than North America. Gamers always act like these companies (whose only goal is to make money) prefers one region over another because of what is released there and not here.

If you want to stop feeling like you're getting the short end of the stick, stop lookin to see what other regions get.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but specifically referring to PS+, every free game released in Europe is available in NA and vice versa. The only difference (that I could see being plausible) is that the PS+ contract negotiations between SCEA/SCEE and the publishers are going differently. And I'm not trying to come off as a whiner per se, I just think Sony would be better served by going into contact negotiations with publishers where the publisher must make the game free for both regions.

Morgan Haro has even mentioned that SCEE and SCEA are using different strategies to test the markets and interest. I just think THAT is a bad strategy.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah but specifically referring to PS+, every free game released in Europe is available in NA and vice versa. The only difference (that I could see being plausible) is that the PS+ contract negotiations between SCEA/SCEE and the publishers are going differently. And I'm not trying to come off as a whiner per se, I just think Sony would be better served by going into contact negotiations with publishers where the publisher must make the game free for both regions.

Morgan Haro has even mentioned that SCEE and SCEA are using different strategies to test the markets and interest. I just think THAT is a bad strategy.[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear though, my post wasn't specifically directed at you, just gamers in general.

[quote name='Decker']Is that guy lying? He said it does have the overlay.[/QUOTE]

I thought you meant the fact that you have to sign in to Steam to get into an online match. I don't know what you mean by the "overlay" exactly.

[quote name='affa']if i loved CS back in the day, will i like CS:GO on PS3 nowadays? i can't find reviews online for some reason.[/QUOTE]
Pre or post source? If it's the latter, then probably not. I quit CS after source sucked the life out of the game.

[quote name='Decker']Is that guy lying? He said it does have the overlay.[/QUOTE]I don't know where the term overlay came from either, but I'm referring to cross-play which was what made Portal 2 so special. If you had read the article I linked to you'd see that Valve abandoned cross-play during the beta phase so they could offer constant updates to PC and Mac users. Which is something they can't do with consoles, and they didn't want one platform to hinder the other.

Needs more PSP/Vita sales. This thing is collecting dust since I finished P3P. I bought Knights in the Nightmare during that Atlus, is it worth cleaning the mothballs off my Vita for?

Sorry for the confusion guys. Portal 2 has a Steam overlay -- in the same way that when you press Shift + Tab while playing a Steam game on a computer, with Portal 2, if you pressed (I think) Select, you could pull up a Steam overlay, showing you Steam News, Steam Friends and the like. It was a very cool integration of Steam into a console game that the 360 never showed any interest in trying. I thought it was cool and hoped that they continued that trend here. I guess not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back