PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Decker']I would doubt it, since it's not a separate game on the Xbox 360 -- it's all DLC for Pinball FX2.[/QUOTE]
We're talking about the PSN version, which has always been a separate game. Nothing about how it's handled on XBLA would dictate anything about how it could be handled on PSN, as they were separate deals for the way Zen Studios handled the license. The fact that they made a separate game on PSN rather than making it DLC for ZP1 says a lot.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']We're talking about the PSN version, which has always been a separate game. Nothing about how it's handled on XBLA would dictate anything about how it could be handled on PSN, as they were separate deals for the way Zen Studios handled the license. The fact that they made a separate game on PSN rather than making it DLC for ZP1 says a lot.[/QUOTE]

That's not exactly right -- Zen Pinball was always set up different from Pinball FX2, which was designed as a free "Shell" that allowed you to buy any available DLC easily within it, as well as offering the ability to try out any table before purchasing. When the Marvel Tables came out (after the release of Pinball FX2), it was offered as Pinball FX2 DLC in a manner that may have not been possible in Zen Pinball (there have never been DLC bundles in that game, only individual tables) -- at very least, Marvel Pinball allowed Zen to have a game shell that would allow for table demos and the social gaming aspects of Pinball FX2 long before the slow but eventual release of ZP2.

None of that prevents the ability for the licensing deal with Marvel requiring them to continue offering Marvel Pinball beyond the need for it to exist after the release of Zen Pinball 2, which would be the only reason to keep it around if they didn't have the choice to take it down.

Ugggh, I just bought all the Zen Pinball tables even though I don't really like pinball, but I think it's totally stupid that they're getting rid of the ZP1 DLC just because ZP2 is coming out.

Good thing the update is late today.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ugggh, I just bought all the Zen Pinball tables even though I don't really like pinball, but I think it's totally stupid that they're getting rid of the ZP1 DLC just because ZP2 is coming out.

Good thing the update is late today.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to buy those tables inside of ZP2. I don't think they're flat out getting rid of them, just changing the way you can purchase them.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to buy those tables inside of ZP2. I don't think they're flat out getting rid of them, just changing the way you can purchase them.[/QUOTE]

Well, I mean, it wouldn't let us get the trophies for them in ZP1, even though I probably will never get those trophies.

Ah well, now I got a ton of tables for my Vita.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you want Zen Pinball 2 on Vita, it's one of the icons on the PS Store's LiveArea page. The same is true for Treasure Park.[/QUOTE]

Weird, late update today. I blame the holiday.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Any news on the Ico HD Vita remote play? I've been hearing about that lately and it would look awesome on the OLED screen.[/QUOTE]I was gonna post something about it but wasn't too sure anyone else would be interested. This was one of the only articles I'd seen that went into detail about it: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/727550/ico-hd-running-on-ps-vita-is-ps3-remote-play-illusion/

Apparently the image floating around that Shuhei Yoshida posted was actually the PS2 version of Ico running on the Vita. But the article states that more info is coming soon and that a supposed patch is going to be released for the HD version of Ico to allow remote play on the Vita.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

While you're waiting for the update, here's a messed up Ratchet & Clank commercial that was never aired for obvious reasons.[/QUOTE]

Haha that's good stuff.

My most loved & hated old video game commercial was for a Yoshi game (I'm thinking Yoshi Island for SNES) where some dude just keeps eating and eating until he explodes.

i was correct 2out3
Bioshock ($19.99)

Bioshock_Title_thumb_EN.jpg

BioShock is a shooter unlike any you’ve ever played, loaded with weapons and tactics never seen. You’ll have a complete arsenal at your disposal from simple revolvers to grenade launchers and chemical throwers, but you’ll also be forced to genetically modify your DNA to create an even more deadly weapon: you.
ESRB: M // File Size: 12.2 GB

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ($59.99)

CODModernWarfare3_title_thumb_ALL.jpg

Modern Warfare is back. The best-selling first person action series of all-time returns with the epic sequel to “Game of the Year” winner “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2,” thrusting players on a cinematic thrill-ride. The definitive Multiplayer experience returns bigger than ever, loaded with new maps, modes and features. In addition to all-new missions, Spec-Ops now introduces Survival Mode, an action-packed combat progression unlike any other.
ESRB: M // File Size: 8.1 GB

The House Of The Dead: Overkill Extended Cut ($19.99)

HOTDoverkill_Title_Thumb_ALL.jpg

Relive the horror with the ultimate edition of the cult arcade shooter!
ESRB: M // File Size: 7.44 GB

Last Chance (Leaving on 9/11) Saints Row 2 – Free PS3 Full Game
Choplifter HD – Free PS3 Full Game
Spelunker HD (Game and Add-On 50% Discounts)
Space Channel 5: Part 2 (40% Discount)

You know what? I got $10 sitting in my account. I'm tired of waiting for worthwhile PS1 games. Between the other games I just bought, and BL2 coming in two weeks, I'll probably get these add-ons and try to platinum this.

Here are thew new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Bundle - $69.99 - Full Game + DLC Collections 1 & 2
Daytona USA - $4.99
Dirt Showdown - $49.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Order Up! - $9.99
Rainbow Moon Premium Bundle - $18.99 - Full Game + Soundtrack + Starter Pack Medium
Sam & Max Max Pack - $19.99 - Seasons 2 & 3
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - $12.99
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - $12.99
Zen Pinball 2 - Free - 329 MB

Minis
5-in-1 Arcade Hits - $0.99
Beatshapers Indie Minis - $6.99 - Wizorb + Canabalt + Enigmo + Breakquest
Canabalt - $1.99
The Impossible Game - $0.99
Minisquadron - $0.99
One Epic Game - $0.99

Add-ons
Aliens vs. Predator - Bughunt Map Pack - $3.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Aliens vs. Predator - Swarm Map Pack - $3.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill - Free to Premium Members
DJ Hero 2 - Pendulum Mix Pack - $3.99
Guitar Hero III - Modern Metal Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - 30 Seconds to Mars Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - Modern Rock Mega Pack - $8.25
Guitar Hero World Tour - Queen Track Pack - $2.75
LittleBigPlanet 2 - World Peace Day Costume - Free
Sonic Adventure - DX Upgrade - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Sonic Unleashed - Apatos & Shamar Adenture Pack - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Sonic Unleashed - Chun-Nan Adenture Pack - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Sonic Unleashed - Empire City & Adabat Adenture Pack - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Sonic Unleashed - Holoska Adenture Pack - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Sonic Unleashed - Mazuri Adenture Pack - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Sonic Unleashed - Spagonia Adenture Pack - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Street Fighter X Tekken - Color Palette Add-on 7 - Free
Street Fighter X Tekken - Boost Gem Trial Pack 5 - Free
Valkyria Chronicles - Challenge of the Edy Detachment - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Valkyria Chronicles - Edy's Mission Enter the Edy Detachment - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Valkyria Chrnoicles - Hard EX Mode - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Valkyria Chronicles - Selveria's Mission Behind Her Blue Flame - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Apps
Laugh Factory Live - Free - 42 MB
NFL Sunday Ticket - Free - 9.19 MB - $299.95 Year Sub

Vita Games
Zen Pinball 2 - Free - 245 MB

Vita Apps
Treasure Park - Free - 12.1 MB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Borderlands - Add-On Extravasplosion Bundle - $10.00
Borderlands - Claptrap's New Robot Revolution - $5.00
Borderlands - Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot - $5.00
Borderlands - The Secret Armory of General Knoxx - $5.00
Borderlands - The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned - $5.00
Daytona USA - $2.99
Greed Corp - $2.50

Games
Borderlands - 3.3 GB

Lights, Camera, Party!

Added to the Vita PS Store:

PSP
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time - $29.99 - 919 MB
Gurumin - $14.99 - 716 MB

Minis
I Kill Zombies - $2.99 - 46 MB

Expiring for PlayStation Plus Next Week:

Deals
Space Channel 5: Part 2 - $2.99
Spelunker HD - $4.99
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 2: Nasty Cave with a Stream - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 3: Fiendish Ancient Ruins - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 4: Frigid Icy Depths - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 5: Ancient Creasure's Fossils - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 6: Cave of Glowing Moss - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 7: Scorching Cave - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 8: Mysterious Mining Facility - $1

Games
Choplifter HD
Saints Row 2

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you want Zen Pinball 2 on Vita, it's one of the icons on the PS Store's LiveArea page. The same is true for Treasure Park.[/QUOTE]

Good news : I was able to buy ZP2 and install it!
Bad news : Installing the Avengers Chronicles Pack froze the Vita and I can't even turn it off now. :(

Am I the only one not seeing the LBP2 costume? Judging by the blog, it sounded like it was being released next week, but then why would they put it as part of this week's update?

[quote name='Zonic505']Am I the only one not seeing the LBP2 costume? Judging by the blog, it sounded like it was being released next week, but then why would they put it as part of this week's update?[/QUOTE]
Check the LBP2 section under Add-ons if you're not seeing it. It's there.

I went to newest Add-Ons & went to LBP2 and it's saying the newest add-on is that Disney Princess pack. Went through all 110 items listed & didn't see it. Guess I'll go directly to LBP2's add-on section & see.

Update: There it is. Guess I didn't see it under new since it was still listed from 2011.

[quote name='Decker']Good news : I was able to buy ZP2 and install it!
Bad news : Installing the Avengers Chronicles Pack froze the Vita and I can't even turn it off now. :([/QUOTE]

I know I'm 2 hours late, but hold the power button for 60 seconds and it'll do a hard reset.

Thank you for always posting these updates. I purchased Sega Rally Online and would love to throw money at Daytona USA but I still have my Dreamcast (and Daytona) so I shall save the $2ish dollars.

On the blog, Morgan indicates that you can have enough in your wallet for the Sunday Ticket sub. I thought there was a $150 limit. Does anyone know firsthand if that has been raised?

Also, the PvZ table is awesome, and Zen Pinball 2 was worth the wait on the Vita, althought getting all the tables on there was a mess. My Marvel tables imported okay, but one pack at a time. Epic Quest dl'd two installers to my PS3 when I bought it today. For PvZ, I had to re-download it from the PS Store on the Vita. Maybe they just wanted to show off all the potential ways it could work.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The Laugh Factory app seems sweet, is it completely free?[/QUOTE]

It's a free beta, I think when they initially announced it, it was going to have a subscription starting in December. Free for now though, so I'll be checking it out.

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']You know what? I got $10 sitting in my account. I'm tired of waiting for worthwhile PS1 games. Between the other games I just bought, and BL2 coming in two weeks, I'll probably get these add-ons and try to platinum this.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't need the DLC for the platinum. It's one of the few platinums I have, and I never beat Crawmerax or did half the stuff in Moxxi's DLC. I'm not sure if it makes a difference since I got it before the DLC came out.

[quote name='gravel']On the blog, Morgan indicates that you can have enough in your wallet for the Sunday Ticket sub. I thought there was a $150 limit. Does anyone know firsthand if that has been raised?[/QUOTE]
Yup. The maximum account wallet limit was raised up to $350.

Laugh Factory isn't working for me so I guess they're either having some problems or it's not really live just yet.

[quote name='gravel']You shouldn't need the DLC for the platinum. It's one of the few platinums I have, and I never beat Crawmerax or did half the stuff in Moxxi's DLC. I'm not sure if it makes a difference since I got it before the DLC came out.[/QUOTE]

It's easy to beat the game and not get to level 50, so he probably wants the DLC to get to level 50 rather than play the game over again. That's why I bought the Zombie DLC way back when I platinumed Borderlands.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Laugh Factory isn't working for me so I guess they're either having some problems or it's not really live just yet.

It's easy to beat the game and not get to level 50, so he probably wants the DLC to get to level 50 rather than play the game over again. That's why I bought the Zombie DLC way back when I platinumed Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I'm doing. Need a decent amount of levels for platinum, dont feel like killing random mobs for hours on end.

Ok, I already had Marvel Pinball for the PS3, I cant download it to the vita ZP2 w/o paying for it again? Is that how it works, or am I missing something?

It's suppose to show up as a free download for Zen Pinball 2 in the add-ons section of the store. There also should be an import function in the game that will automatically find the tables that you own and download the Zen Pinball 2 versions in-game.

[quote name='LouieT']It's suppose to show up as a free download for Zen Pinball 2 in the add-ons section of the store. There also should be an import function in the game that will automatically find the tables that you own and download the Zen Pinball 2 versions in-game.[/QUOTE]

I'll try that as soon as it loads. Thank you.

Downloading Borderlands and Rainbow Moon demo. Man these take forever to download. I might drop $10 for that Borderlands DLC bundle.

I was pretty damn excited for Borderlands, I've got credit at BB so I'll use it on a $10 card and get this free. Pretty sweet, always wanted to buy it but never found that perfect deal for me. This works :D

In case anyone is still wondering, the Marvel Pinball tables that were free from PS+ import perfectly and are playable on the Vita for free.

Does anyone want to buy Spelunker HD including all of it's dlc at a low price?
If yes, then just get into the GS thread, I started a group.

One question:
Regarding Zen pinball will the plants vs zombies table be playable into zen pinball 1?

[quote name='realit3y']Does anyone is looking to purchase Spelunker HD at a low price including all the DLC just get into the GS thread.

One question:
Regarding Zen pinball will the plants vs zombies table be playable into zen pinball 1?[/QUOTE]

What GS thread? GameStop? Can you please link to it.

[quote name='realit3y']Does anyone is looking to purchase Spelunker HD at a low price including all the DLC just get into the GS thread.
[/QUOTE]

That was one of the most confusing sentences I've ever read attempted to read.

And FYI, he's talking about the gamesharing thread.

[quote name='Tsel']That was one of the most confusing sentences I've ever read attempted to read.

And FYI, he's talking about the gamesharing thread.[/QUOTE]

Is it more understandable now?

[quote name='realit3y']Does anyone want to buy Spelunker HD including all of it's dlc at a low price?
If yes, then just get into the GS thread, I started a group.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Virsago']Anybody have any opinions on Daytona USA?
Thinking about getting it.[/QUOTE]

If you have any bit of nostalgia for Daytona in the arcades then I would say it is worth getting. If you've never played it before I can't say for sure you will enjoy it, but it is certainly a great port that exemplifies old school SEGA racing fun.

[quote name='realit3y']
One question:
Regarding Zen pinball will the plants vs zombies table be playable into zen pinball 1?[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure, but I doubt it since it's made for Zen Pinball 2 with the updated physics engine (in the store, it's listed as a ZP2 add-on). Why not just download Zen Pinball 2, though? The engine's free, and you can import versions of all of your Zen Pinball 1 tables with updated/polished gameplay. I just upgraded last night, downloaded the ZP2 versions of the tables I already had (it's free to download the updated versions of tables you already own), and deleted my old Zen Pinball install.

I have daytona on 360, the online is dead on that system but its a really fun game, I used to play it at arcades...now im literally too tall to fit in those things :(

I feel deceived by Zen Pinball 2! I thought it was free. Tried the demo tables and they're gorgeous. Brilliant move to market it that way.

I tried Borderlands again today after getting bored when I bought the :360: GOTY edition last year.The things that annoyed me about the game are still present.

1) Claptrap needs to be able to be killed go away. I want to bludgeon in his head with a hammer every time he speaks politely ask him to be silent. I've never played any of the Zelda games but I've heard others complain about Tinkle (the green fairy dude?). If he's as annoying as Claptrap, then you have my condolences.

2) Having to hit a button every time to pick up loot/open loot containers. Give me the option of automatically adding ammo and money to my inventory just by moving over without having to hit a button. And I should only have to hit a button once to open up a loot container. Everything inside should go directly in my inventory unless it's full.

I don't know why this game doesn't work with me. I loved Singularity and Bioshock. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas. So why can't I get into this game?

[quote name='Bosamba']I tried Borderlands again today after getting bored when I bought the :360: GOTY edition last year.The things that annoyed me about the game are still present.

1) Claptrap needs to be able to be killed go away. I want to bludgeon in his head with a hammer every time he speaks politely ask him to be silent. I've never played any of the Zelda games but I've heard others complain about Tinkle (the green fairy dude?). If he's as annoying as Claptrap, then you have my condolences.

2) Having to hit a button every time to pick up loot/open loot containers. Give me the option of automatically adding ammo and money to my inventory just by moving over without having to hit a button. And I should only have to hit a button once to open up a loot container. Everything inside should go directly in my inventory unless it's full.

I don't know why this game doesn't work with me. I loved Singularity and Bioshock. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas. So why can't I get into this game?[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Ive tried this game a few times and just cant get into to. Dont understand all the hype about it.

I personally love the claptraps, and I don't recall being bothered with having to push a button to loot. But I loved the game, in fact so much so that I preordered part 2 which will mark my first ever preorder. :) Can't wait, 2 weeks!!!

I got Zen Pinball 1 for free through PLUS. If I import the tables I have in Zen 1 into Zen 2, will they still expire if my Plus sub expires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back