PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wrencrest']I tried playing a couple of the pinball games we got for free so far with plus. I must REALLY blow hard at pinball or you guys are master pros. I couldnt get very far on any tables I tried. I guess I just suck and hate pinball...[/QUOTE]

Practice practice practice. Pinball isn't as easy as it looks. Just look at the rules for each table. Then try to follow them. I love real pinball lately. My friend recently got Comet, Freddy Nightmare on Elm St. , Data East Star Wars. Also he fixed a Funhouse machine for a friend so been able to enjoy that table too. I suck at real pinball but my friend is in a league that plays every week so he kills it all the time compared to my scores.

[quote name='wrencrest']I tried playing a couple of the pinball games we got for free so far with plus. I must REALLY blow hard at pinball or you guys are master pros. I couldnt get very far on any tables I tried. I guess I just suck and hate pinball...[/QUOTE]
i hated duke nukem forever pinball trophy Balls of Steel

even with glitch its still very hard to acquire :headache:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhy_52lTc04

I suck at pinball in knowing how to mainipulate the ramps and so on, which is why I don't think I'll get many, if any, of the original Zen Pinball tables. I can keep the ball alive for a decent amount of time, but that's just hitting the flippers, not too hard.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']By the way, I also just got my PSN Play credit so check your inboxes.[/QUOTE]Thanks for sharing, I just got my credit as well. My PS+ sub has been out since the 1st and I've been waiting to get this credit ever since so I can renew. Now I can play some Marvel tables and hopefully get all these ZP2 trophies everyone is talking about.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I suck at pinball in knowing how to mainipulate the ramps and so on, which is why I don't think I'll get many, if any, of the original Zen Pinball tables. I can keep the ball alive for a decent amount of time, but that's just hitting the flippers, not too hard.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thats what I meant. I can hit the flippers and time that just fine, but getting points and hitting the right timing is something I just dont get. I also feel like I lose a lot of balls where they go behind the flippers and you have no chance to even hit it. I just dont have the patience to learn either. Ah well, at least I dont think Plus sucks because I suck at pinball!

[quote name='eldergamer']My subscription just ran out last week. Is anyone running any deals or specials? Or are there any expected soon?[/QUOTE]
only found Europe selling psn+
they get more retail ps3 games then NA if u care about that

Blog_PS-Plus-discount-EN.jpg

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Being a close-minded, lifelong American, looking at dates written like that makes me laugh out loud.[/QUOTE]

LOL. For me being part German and living in the US I can't stand having the month first. I always have to remind myself when reading a date it's the month first.

[quote name='FlamingXDragon']LOL. For me being part German and living in the US I can't stand having the month first. I always have to remind myself when reading a date it's the month first.[/QUOTE]

Ya, logically day/month/year makes the most sense since it's shortest to longest. But I just look at the dates posted for that sale and imagine what on Earth the 19th month of the year would even be called haha.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, logically day/month/year makes the most sense since it's shortest to longest. But I just look at the dates posted for that sale and imagine what on Earth the 19th month of the year would even be called haha.[/QUOTE]

The year/month/day format has always made the most sense to me since it's easiest to sort when the most significant digit is on the left. Sort of how like one-hundred is written as 100, and not 010 or 001. I'm probably in the vast minority on that one, though. :D

I just started playing Infamous 2 last week too. Now I gotta pony up $50 to play it again.
I am really enjoying plus, however. The discounts usually aren't that helpfull but the free games are a wonderful (although a time sink) bonus.

[quote name='wrencrest']Yeah, thats what I meant. I can hit the flippers and time that just fine, but getting points and hitting the right timing is something I just dont get. I also feel like I lose a lot of balls where they go behind the flippers and you have no chance to even hit it. I just dont have the patience to learn either. Ah well, at least I dont think Plus sucks because I suck at pinball![/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know how to intentionally score points, I just hit the ball and hope it goes where it needs to go to get me my points.

I obtain little from Plus, but that's really just due to my life as I have no time to play the games I really want (and paid money for) let alone the free ones I get from Plus. As an example, I'm trying to finish Folklore which I bought when it was originally released.

Overall my three month subscription worked fine for me and I took full advantage of the FF sale but I haven't played any of the free games enough to even get a single trophy or make it past one level. I've held off on renewing though I would if there was any type of discount out there.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh, I don't know how to intentionally score points, I just hit the ball and hope it goes where it needs to go to get me my points.[/QUOTE]

I play the same way. Those dude's that score 100's of millions of points are crazy.

Has Siren Blood Curse ever went on sale for ps plus at all?? I want to purchase it but not sure whether to possibly wait for a deal

[quote name='clearM3']Has Siren Blood Curse ever went on sale for ps plus at all?? I want to purchase it but not sure whether to possibly wait for a deal[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it hasn't and that game has been out almost as long as the PSN store has been opened. You'd probably be okay buying it now but if you want to be safe, wait until after Halloween.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I play the same way. Those dude's that score 100's of millions of points are crazy.[/QUOTE]

Go read the requirements for the Zen Pinball trophies at PS3Trophies.org. All I gotta say is what the fuck?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm pretty sure it hasn't and that game has been out almost as long as the PSN store has been opened. You'd probably be okay buying it now but if you want to be safe, wait until after Halloween.

Go read the requirements for the Zen Pinball trophies at PS3Trophies.org. All I gotta say is what the fuck?[/QUOTE]
No one is ever safe buying games for "full price" on PSN when they have plus. I couldnt believe they put Saints Row 2 out for free when the game had been out for years.

I think the Zen pinball trophy requirements are what made me not even bother continuing to play the tables when I got bored. Crazy convoluted to me. I think I started drooling part way through reading about them.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh, I don't know how to intentionally score points, I just hit the ball and hope it goes where it needs to go to get me my points.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wrencrest']No one is ever safe buying games for "full price" on PSN when they have plus. I couldnt believe they put Saints Row 2 out for free when the game had been out for years.

I think the Zen pinball trophy requirements are what made me not even bother continuing to play the tables when I got bored. Crazy convoluted to me. I think I started drooling part way through reading about them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the ZP1 trophies were a nightmare, basically unattainable for all but the very best. I haven't had a chance to look at all the ZP2 trophies.

[quote name='wrencrest']No one is ever safe buying games for "full price" on PSN when they have plus. I couldnt believe they put Saints Row 2 out for free when the game had been out for years.

I think the Zen pinball trophy requirements are what made me not even bother continuing to play the tables when I got bored. Crazy convoluted to me. I think I started drooling part way through reading about them.[/QUOTE]

True, but I don't think the game had been on the PSN store for years. I mean, yeah, sure, there's a chance Siren may go on sale or even free for Plus, but the game's been available on the store for over four years. Most (if any?) Plus offerings aren't that old.

If you want to know what to do on specific tables in ZP2, read the table guide in the pause menu and it'll explain the various mechanics and the structure of the table.

[quote name='Thrinn']The year/month/day format has always made the most sense to me since it's easiest to sort when the most significant digit is on the left. Sort of how like one-hundred is written as 100, and not 010 or 001. I'm probably in the vast minority on that one, though. :D[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with you completely.

[quote name='Thrinn']The year/month/day format has always made the most sense to me since it's easiest to sort when the most significant digit is on the left. Sort of how like one-hundred is written as 100, and not 010 or 001. I'm probably in the vast minority on that one, though. :D[/QUOTE]

I work with foreigners every summer and they ask why we do what we do when it makes no sense and i never have an answer other than "welcome to America". Metric system also makes much more sense, wish we would have converted to that. Would be much easier as a chef!

[quote name='clearM3']Has Siren Blood Curse ever went on sale for ps plus at all?? I want to purchase it but not sure whether to possibly wait for a deal[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm pretty sure it hasn't and that game has been out almost as long as the PSN store has been opened. You'd probably be okay buying it now but if you want to be safe, wait until after Halloween.

[/QUOTE]

I was LITERALLY thinking the same thing a few days ago. If it isnt on sale this halloween or soon after im going just pay full price. Probably import the disc version.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']True, but I don't think the game had been on the PSN store for years. I mean, yeah, sure, there's a chance Siren may go on sale or even free for Plus, but the game's been available on the store for over four years. Most (if any?) Plus offerings aren't that old.[/QUOTE]
It is a long shot for sure. People should pay what they want for games they want to play. I have just been surprised by some old games being put on sale or free lately.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you want to know what to do on specific tables in ZP2, read the table guide in the pause menu and it'll explain the various mechanics and the structure of the table.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I didnt remember the first having that. Did it?

Just as a warning, the PSN Play credit has an expiration date of October 7, so don't wait around to redeem that credit if you want it.

[quote name='wrencrest']Good to know. I didnt remember the first having that. Did it?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they called it the Rule Sheet in ZP1.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just as a warning, the PSN Play credit has an expiration date of October 7, so don't wait around to redeem that credit if you want it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read the message while I was in a game so I couldn't redeem it, but since I'm a person who sends and receives a lot of messages, I was like, ehhh, I should probably stop what I'm doing and redeem this just in case I forget.

[quote name='shadowkast']I work with foreigners every summer and they ask why we do what we do when it makes no sense and i never have an answer other than "welcome to America". Metric system also makes much more sense, wish we would have converted to that. Would be much easier as a chef![/QUOTE]
One potential reason: in English, it's read more fluidly the American way. 9/7/2012 is usually read aloud, in English, in the same order as it's written: "September 7th, 2012." While "the 7th of September" is also an appropriate reading, it's not as common (at least not in the U.S.-- no idea about the U.K., so maybe having the day first makes even more sense there).

In languages like Spanish, for example, it's traditionally read "el siete de Septiembre," lit. "the 7th of September." That's the only European language I speak, but if it's the case that the majority of the others happen to follow a similar syntax when it comes to speaking dates, that would seem to explain why it's done differently in Europe (and elsewhere) than here.

Overall, it makes the most sense to me to write it in the same order that it's read in the language being used, as it makes the reading flow better. Adopting the European approach would make a lot of software development much easier, though, being much easier to sort/display when developing software / user interfaces...

[quote name='wrencrest']It is a long shot for sure. People should pay what they want for games they want to play. I have just been surprised by some old games being put on sale or free lately.

Good to know. I didnt remember the first having that. Did it?[/QUOTE]

Yes it did I am working on it and almost doing 100% on Zen Pinball 1, there is a Menu called trophies on it, which explains what you need to do in order to get some specific trophy.

After I finish this one I'm moving to Marvel Pinball and only after ZP2.

It takes time and patience to master these pinball games

Can someone explain how importing songs from other versions of Rock Band into Rock Band Blitz works? The only Rock Band games I have currently are Beatles Rock Band and Lego Rock Band. Do I need Rock Band 3 to import them into before they can be imported into Blitz, or is there a way to just add them to Blitz?

Thanks in advance.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/09/the-drop-week-of-september-10th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

NHL 13 – Driven by real-world physics and more than 1,000 new gameplay animations, NHL 13′s True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum, and top-end speed of NHL players. Supported by an innovative new A.I. system dubbed EA Sports Hockey I.Q., the game delivers a completely revamped gameplay experience true to what gamers see on the ice during real games. In addition, NHL 13 delivers new experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and the real world of hockey with the all-new GM Connected and NHL Moments Live modes.

Battlefield 3: Premium Edition – Using the power of Frostbite 2 game engine technology, Battlefield 3 delivers superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.

In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Europe, Middle-East and North America.

ALL FIVE EXPANSION PACKS WITH EARLY ACCESS

Own all five uniquely themed expansion packs and play them two weeks early. The classic, reimagined and remastered maps of Back to Karkand; the unrelenting, fast-paced action of Close Quarters; the largest map in Battlefield history featured in Armored Kill, plus two more expansion packs coming soon! Get’em all and get’em at a discount with Battlefield 3 Premium. More Details Here

Max Payne 3 – When gangs target the family under his protection, Max is forced to fight to save his clients and clear his name, in a bid to, once and for all, rid himself of the demons that have tortured him for far too long. This dark, gritty action game utilizes cutting edge technology for a seamless, cinematic action experience. The game boasts highly-refined gameplay with an extensive range of realistic weaponry, an intelligent cover system and sophisticated Bullet-Time mechanics.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth – Blending fast-paced, explosive action with tactical battlefield command, Anomaly puts players in charge of a military convoy tasked with fighting back against the mysterious alien war machines that have begun to spring up in many of the world’s largest cities. Players take part in battles personally to support and assist a hand-picked armor squad, utilizing their top-down tactical view to plot each and every turn of the convoy. As they progress through the story campaign and challenge modes, players will unlock upgrades and new units to build their ultimate destruction squad.

Exclusive to the PlayStation 3 version is local co-op mode — two Commanders to support each other in battle, one responsible for controlling the armor units while the other plans the strategy. Both get into the action and are able to boost their abilities in the battle.

Double Dragon Neon – The reinvigorated update to the 80′s beat’em up smash hit that is reminiscent to the original. Trained by their sensei in the special form of martial arts called Sōsetsuken, Billy and Jimmy are equipped with lethal combat skills and weaponry to bust some faces and battle the baddest goons around as they journey across the galaxy to rescue the love of their lives.

FIFA Street – FIFA Street 3 creates a hyper-real world that merges the game’s biggest stars with environments that pulsate to the music in exotic locales around the world. Featuring over 250 of the world’s best players representing 18 of the top international teams, each player has been rendered into a stylized caricature with heroic qualities. Decked out in authentic training kits, every player boasts their own, distinctive style of play with unique abilities to match. Choose from Tricksters, Enforcers, Playmakers and Finishers to give you different options on the ball and make your mark on the street.

Demos

Anomaly Warzone
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Double Dragon
F1 2012
FIFA Soccer 13
Red Johnson’s Chronicles: One Against All

minis

Ronnie O’Sullivan’s Snooker

PlayStation 2 Classic

La Pucelle: Tactics – La Pucelle: Tactics is a tactical RPG from Nippon Ichi, creators of Disgaea. La Pucelle: Tactics is a tale of betrayal and double cross, monsters in human form and humans in monster form, set in an alternate medieval Europe. The unlikely hero is a smart mouthed and undisciplined sixteen year old who just passed her exorcism exams and her comrades in La Pucelle, a demon hunting squad. La Pucelle serves up a rich storyline, with equal parts characterization and personality to match. Gameplay involves capturing monsters and successfully manipulating each stage’s Dark Portals, all set to a quirky old-school atmosphere and complemented by extra gameplay features, like the bartering system. Over 100 hours of gameplay with multiple endings await.
For PS+ this week:

Games
Double Dragon Neon
Jet Set Radio HD - $9.99
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Also, how tough are the Spelunker HD DLC levels?

I just barely got around to playing the main game, after turning on the rope assist and learning the rules of the game, I got through the first 10 levels fairly easily, plus with the fact that you can save and go back at any time, even if the game is hard it seems like I should still be able to get through it.

So, is the DLC like way way way harder? I bought DLC pack #2 and beat the first 2 levels, though they were pretty damn tough. I know what I'm asking isn't exactly easy to answer, but any input would be great. And for anyone who's played both Spelunker and Super Meat Boy, are the DLC levels harder, about the same, or easier than Dark World in SMB?

Thanks.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, how tough are the Spelunker HD DLC levels?

I just barely got around to playing the main game, after turning on the rope assist and learning the rules of the game, I got through the first 10 levels fairly easily, plus with the fact that you can save and go back at any time, even if the game is hard it seems like I should still be able to get through it.

So, is the DLC like way way way harder? I bought DLC pack #2 and beat the first 2 levels, though they were pretty damn tough. I know what I'm asking isn't exactly easy to answer, but any input would be great. And for anyone who's played both Spelunker and Super Meat Boy, are the DLC levels harder, about the same, or easier than Dark World in SMB?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Two words: fuckin ridiculous.

^Thanks. I think I'll pass on the DLC if it's really that tough. I do not have the patience (or even the talent) that some of you guys have. If I'm not going to be able to beat it, it will feel like a wasted $1.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Thanks. I think I'll pass on the DLC if it's really that tough. I do not have the patience (or even the talent) that some of you guys have. If I'm not going to be able to beat it, it will feel like a wasted $1.[/QUOTE]

I platinumed Spelunker HD and it took me repeated attempts (as in losing all 50 of my lives) just to make it to 1-5. Granted, a lot of those were lost getting mural pieces and once you grab it, you don't have to worry about it again so I think I'll be able to beat them, it'll just take forever. I don't know about the co-op levels.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, how tough are the Spelunker HD DLC levels?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Honestly speaking, they're pretty easy. HOWEVER there are some EXTREMELY difficult parts. Additionally they follow the same logic as the original game, so levels don't play get progressively harder. I would say EX levels rank in this order...

2, 8, 4, 1, 7, 3, 5 , 6 , 9 (easiest if you have a good partner online, but hardest alone.)

Currently EX 10 isn't out, so that could fall just about anywhere. In the end, unless you can figure out the levels quickly, you're going to break a controller. Then again, you can ask someone more knowledgable than me on CAG... I only beat EX 1 - 9 on the Japanese version (100% Mural / All trophies) and EX 1 - 8 on the American version (100% Mural / All trophies)

Edit:

Forgot to mention it, but I've been uploading hands on videos for over 6 months now. You can get an idea of what the first 1 - like 4 floors in each area are like.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just as a warning, the PSN Play credit has an expiration date of October 7, so don't wait around to redeem that credit if you want it.
[/QUOTE]
How do you get psn play credit? Was psn play the promotion in which you buy all the new summer games and get credit?

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but apparently I just installed Borderlands and it apparently works with my GOTY install/save...

Anybody playing Zen Pinball 2 and having a hard time getting 150 million for the trophy buy the Plants vs Zombies table. I played it 3 times and got 85 million. I'm not great at pinball as CAGs on my friends list can tell. It's a very fun table and looks beautiful on the PS3 and especially on the Vita.

I got my 2000 pt. trophy tonight on the PS3. After I played a game on my on Vita it popped. I heard some people were having trouble getting both to show up.

I got the spelunker dlc, but I won't be touching it until I finish Ni no Kuni. If anyone is still playing by then, I'll look for some co-op action.

[quote name='AkariK']I got the spelunker dlc, but I won't be touching it until I finish Ni no Kuni. If anyone is still playing by then, I'll look for some co-op action.[/QUOTE]

Me too I won't be touching it until I finish some games in here I might play with you then :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just as a warning, the PSN Play credit has an expiration date of October 7, so don't wait around to redeem that credit if you want it.
[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know who to contact if you didn't receive the message? I got an email that my PSN Play credit was waiting, but nothing in my message box. Is this a Sony Entertainment Network problem or a Playstation support problem?

Machinarium dropped in Europe last week and was free for PS+

Crossing my fingers that we get it for free as well. It's a beautiful little point and click title.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Though unannounced, I hope JSRHD gets a 20% PS+ discount. Probably won't happen, but I guy can hope.[/QUOTE]I'd much rather enjoy the benefit of a discount than getting the game a week earlier for the same price. Though I wonder if there'll be a bunch deal for when the Vita version comes out & you can get both that and the PS3 version for a discount.

[quote name='Bumslie']Anybody playing Zen Pinball 2 and having a hard time getting 150 million for the trophy buy the Plants vs Zombies table. I played it 3 times and got 85 million. I'm not great at pinball as CAGs on my friends list can tell. It's a very fun table and looks beautiful on the PS3 and especially on the Vita.

I got my 2000 pt. trophy tonight on the PS3. After I played a game on my on Vita it popped. I heard some people were having trouble getting both to show up.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up on the pvz table. I was able to knock out two trophies with my first game on the spiderman table (2000 pt, and team points) but I had no clue how I was going to get that 150mil trohpy.

As someone who dislikes the Trophy system and doesn't bother chasing them (I saw people discussing this title in terms of buying it strictly for trophies, which is why I mention it), I will say that Daytona USA has enough content and polish to warrant the $3/$5. The game handles just like you remember Daytona USA handling, with all the powerslides and drafting that made it great. The graphics are smoothly scaled to 720p and the game runs a flawless 60fps with zero dips, which I think is important for an arcade port with precision handling techniques. There's wheel support, a variety of challenge modes and time trials, and even the old "CONGRATULATIONS You just lost your sponsors!" message made it in. If only I had someseat overheads blaring "Daaayyyytoonnaaaa" in my ears, I'd be right back in 1994.

[quote name='admiralvic']Honestly speaking, they're pretty easy. HOWEVER there are some EXTREMELY difficult parts. Additionally they follow the same logic as the original game, so levels don't play get progressively harder. I would say EX levels rank in this order...

2, 8, 4, 1, 7, 3, 5 , 6 , 9 (easiest if you have a good partner online, but hardest alone.)

Currently EX 10 isn't out, so that could fall just about anywhere. In the end, unless you can figure out the levels quickly, you're going to break a controller. Then again, you can ask someone more knowledgable than me on CAG... I only beat EX 1 - 9 on the Japanese version (100% Mural / All trophies) and EX 1 - 8 on the American version (100% Mural / All trophies)

Edit:

Forgot to mention it, but I've been uploading hands on videos for over 6 months now. You can get an idea of what the first 1 - like 4 floors in each area are like.[/QUOTE]

*edit* Actually, I take this back. I thought I read that you said that somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back