PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='redline']Wow, that's crazy. I think I'll just get the UMD from Play-Asia if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

It is only MSRP so maybe it won't come out at 39,99$ maybe cheaper but if Square Enix was smart they'd do lower than 29,99$

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I wouldn't even pay that much for fucking Final Fantasy 3. Cocaine is a helluva drug Square[/QUOTE]

Seriously. This game should not be more than $20, and I wouldn't pay more than $10. SE needs to seriously get their addiction in check.

I couldnt see them charging any more than 20$ for it, its a remake of a remake of a remake (DS to Android/Iphone to PSP). And it wasnt even that great of a remake to begin with.....

Where the hell are the remakes for V and VI, 1-IV get all the love.

I'm crazy excited for Tokyo Jungle, was definitely going to get it anyways, but the discount is nice! :)

Hell Yeah! looks interesting, I might get that too. Very cool art style. Giant Bomb will have a Quick Look video up tomorrow morning, I'm gonna check that out to help me make a decision.

I have been trying that Double Dragon Neon a bit more. Some of the music is really good.

[quote name='mpaullin']Playstation blog has released the PS+ update for this week

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...yeah-and-tokyo-jungle-release-week-discounts/

Free Starhawk single player (which we knew about) and 20% off day one discounts on Tokyo Jungle and Hell Yeah.

Guess it was too much to hope for a discount on Marvel vs Capcom. I was planning on only getting that, but I've had a passing interest in both Hell Yeah and Tokyo Jungle.. might end up being an expensive update for me.[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

I think I'll wait a bit and see if they discount it. Haven't, even, been playing my UMvC3. Though I play MvC2, almost, regularly.

Hell Yeah looks interesting. Haven't heard of it.

Tokyo Jungle is really tempting at $11.99.

I might pick it up just for the sake of adding such an oddity to my collection.

However, I'm really more interested in hearing about the first week of October update.

Come on PS+, work some magic~

[quote name='Slade']Tokyo Jungle is really tempting at $11.99.

I might pick it up just for the sake of adding such an oddity to my collection.

However, I'm really more interested in hearing about the first week of October update.

Come on PS+, work some magic~[/QUOTE]

Are you in Europe ? Hell yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is free for Europe October 4th it wasn't mentioned for US but the same didn't happen with machinarium

[quote name='Zmonkay']Tempted to buy Hell Yeah, but at the same time hoping it'll be free for US eventually since EU is getting it free in Oct...[/QUOTE]

Did you see retro/grade free machinarium free or past games available on eu, free? I don't think it will

Just putting it out there, but the Borderlands DLC is no longer discounted for PS+ members. If the OP could be updated to reflect that, that'd be nice.

[quote name='realit3y']Did you see retro/grade free machinarium free or past games available on eu, free? I don't think it will[/QUOTE]

Oh I don't necessarily mean next month or even the next few months. Just saying there is precidence that they can offer it for free.

Just feeling burned the past couple months of free stuff that I bought when it was discounted but still haven't gotten around to playing and were eventually free, haha.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Just saw FF3 on google playstore for $16

so maybe it will be $15-$20 on psn #bestlogicever[/QUOTE]

I hadn't seen anything about the pricing of FF3 on IGN. $40 is ridiculous unless I was importing the UMD. I'll wait it out until around $20. I have the DS release and while I never finished it, it didn't grate on me like the FF4 on DS remake did. I guess because I only played maybe an hour of a hacked FF3 rom back in... 2000?

Maybe just Marvel and Tokyo Jungle for me then.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Tempted to buy Hell Yeah, but at the same time hoping it'll be free for US eventually since EU is getting it free in Oct...[/QUOTE]It's a Sega game, therefore it'll be on sale eventually, possibly by the end of the year. The fact it's already discounted for PS+ is tempting, but I'm sure it'll be $10 or less soon enough.

How long will the Tokyo Jungle discount be active? I can't get back to my PS3 until October 11. Why don't they let me buy stuff from the Internet? Or at least my Vita...

Also, whilst whining, if Square is charging $40 for FFIII, they're even further out of touch than Nintendo charging $40 for the digital NSMB2. FFIII is what, $10 on DS, $15 (already outrageous) on iOS? I'd even pay $20, but jeez.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Also, whilst whining, if Square is charging $40 for FFIII, they're even further out of touch than Nintendo charging $40 for the digital NSMB2. FFIII is what, $10 on DS, $15 (already outrageous) on iOS? I'd even pay $20, but jeez.[/QUOTE]

Well, iirc, they ARE charging $30 for Final Fantasy Dimensions on iOS. I think that move is pretty ridiculous already, far removed from the pricing of NSMB2 or even FF3 if it's $20.

Does the Rock Band sale end today? I've heard it does and I've heard it's a perm. price drop. Could anyone confirm? Thanks

Just read the review. Had heard a little bit about this a while ago then totally forgot about it. Looks freaking awesome, just wish it was on Vita as well. I think I'll definitely be grabbing it today, even better if its got a ps+ discount

Get These 8 PS3 Games Digitally On Release Day

8021177932_5b3886a78c_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...t-these-8-ps3-games-digitally-on-release-day/

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Just read the review. Had heard a little bit about this a while ago then totally forgot about it. Looks freaking awesome, just wish it was on Vita as well. I think I'll definitely be grabbing it today, even better if its got a ps+ discount[/QUOTE]

Didn't even think about that. Would be a perfect crossplay game to have on both systems.

[quote name='topplehat']At first I thought that was for free with PS Plus, what a deal that would be!

I don't understand how they expect these digital copies to sell well if they are the same price as their retail counterparts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the digital release on console won't sell that well. For me I like the trend that it's going but I will still like it cheaper since it doesn't have the packaging. Well, time to download Dead or Alive 5 on PSN tonight.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']How long will the Tokyo Jungle discount be active? I can't get back to my PS3 until October 11. Why don't they let me buy stuff from the Internet? Or at least my Vita...

Also, whilst whining, if Square is charging $40 for FFIII, they're even further out of touch than Nintendo charging $40 for the digital NSMB2. FFIII is what, $10 on DS, $15 (already outrageous) on iOS? I'd even pay $20, but jeez.[/QUOTE]
from the blog

You’ll be able to get TOKYO JUNGLE at a 20% discount for two weeks (until October 9th)!

In addition, we are giving away four DLC animals for free! These animals will only be free for one week (until October 2nd)

[quote name='topplehat']At first I thought that was for free with PS Plus, what a deal that would be!

I don't understand how they expect these digital copies to sell well if they are the same price as their retail counterparts.[/QUOTE]

It says 10% off for ps plus! Nice! Still not enough though but a step in the right direction!

[quote name='realit3y']Are you in Europe ? Hell yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is free for Europe October 4th it wasn't mentioned for US but the same didn't happen with machinarium[/QUOTE]

Nope USA.

We have a list for all first week of October release in the states already?

Those games for free on release date?

"Deal" would be an understatement to the highest degree.

While I like the idea of having Day 1 digital copies, they really need to turn the prices down to reflect the fact that it's a digital only copy.

Why would I ever buy a digital copy instead of a physical when I can get it tax-less from amazon, release date shipping with a $10 promotion credit?

Same here, I really don't understand the pricing of digital new releases.
With digital games being $55 or even $50, why anyone would prefer a digital over a physical copy?
Am I missing something?

[quote name='FerDK']Same here, I really don't understand the pricing of digital new releases.
With digital games being $55 or even $50, why anyone would prefer a digital over a physical copy?
Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

It's not you that's missing something, it's Sony.

And most importantly, once a digital copy is done. It's done. Digitial copies can't be sold back or traded in.
Most of my used games now go back to Amazon for credit.

[quote name='Zonic505']It's a Sega game, therefore it'll be on sale eventually, possibly by the end of the year. The fact it's already discounted for PS+ is tempting, but I'm sure it'll be $10 or less soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definitely think it will be $7.50 or lower in 6 months or so. The first couple reviews to come in haven't been all that great either. I'm definitely waiting.

[quote name='topplehat']I don't understand how they expect these digital copies to sell well if they are the same price as their retail counterparts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FerDK']Same here, I really don't understand the pricing of digital new releases.

[quote name='Slade']It's not you that's missing something, it's Sony.[/QUOTE]

+1 to all these comments. I don't understand the appeal of day one digital purchases at all. Maybe it's just because we're all CAGs and we understand how much money we're leaving on the table by buying Day 1 digitally...is anyone here planning to buy any of these games digitally day 1? If so, maybe you could explain your reasoning behind it? I'd like to hear a well thought out answer.

yeah for new games i would always go disk so then you could trade it back in. only time i get full games on ps3 are when they are awesome deals like $15 for borderlands goty, i think like $10 for rfg and a few others.

As soon as Sony starts undercutting retailers with cheaper digital copies, they remove most/all motivation that retailers have in supporting that product. It's rather surprising that retailers aren't more vocal about having additional competition from Sony on day 1 of a new release.

This day-and-date practice of digital releases on PSN is just taking things one step closer to moving consumers over to a purely digital mindset. Sure it doesn't seem very appealing now but this seems like a transitional step to wean consumers off of 30+ years of buying physical copies of games. Just like the concept on online passes and the diminishing presence of instruction books. It's only a matter of time until digital copies are the only choice consumers have. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrinn'] It's only a matter of time until digital copies are the only choice consumers have. :cry:[/QUOTE]

And that will be a sad day. I already have trouble with the concept of "owning" digital-only XBLA and PSN titles. I'd love to see some sort of digital 2nd hand PSN market (overseen by Sony) where you could sale your licenses to play games/DLC for a few bucks less than full price. So I could get a few bucks for selling my game, someone else could buy the game for a few bucks cheaper, and Sony and the Publisher can still take a little bit of the cut too.

I think Steam is starting to try something like this out, with in-game content I believe.

Surprisingly, these digital copies actually sell pretty well. What I don't understand is the people who seem to think the packaging makes up a significant portion of the costs. That's like pennies per copy.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Surprisingly, these digital copies actually sell pretty well. What I don't understand is the people who seem to think the packaging makes up a significant portion of the costs. That's like pennies per copy.[/QUOTE]

True, there are cost savings to digital distribution, but it's not really the packaging. It is somewhat the manufacturing, but that's probably a mosquito bite next to creating and storing physical inventory, dealing with retail companies and securing shelf space.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Well, iirc, they ARE charging $30 for Final Fantasy Dimensions on iOS. I think that move is pretty ridiculous already, far removed from the pricing of NSMB2 or even FF3 if it's $20.[/QUOTE]

FFIII will be 20$ when the store updates later today so no need to cry at least more people will get it, I won't

between pressing the bluray, case, cover art/instruction manual and shipping I feel comfortable its not pennies for everything

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Surprisingly, these digital copies actually sell pretty well. What I don't understand is the people who seem to think the packaging makes up a significant portion of the costs. That's like pennies per copy.[/QUOTE]

you are not counting shipping, handling and manufacturing.
yes the disc it self and plastic case might not cost much to make but that isn't all to it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']And that will be a sad day. I already have trouble with the concept of "owning" digital-only XBLA and PSN titles. I'd love to see some sort of digital 2nd hand PSN market (overseen by Sony) where you could sale your licenses to play games/DLC for a few bucks less than full price. So I could get a few bucks for selling my game, someone else could buy the game for a few bucks cheaper, and Sony and the Publisher can still take a little bit of the cut too.

I think Steam is starting to try something like this out, with in-game content I believe.[/QUOTE]

This is a nice idea, but IMO it would never happen. Why? Cause a digital copy cannot in and of itself ever be considered 'used' the way we consider used games today. A digital copy is still the same today, than it was the day it was sold initially.

Who would ever buy a new digital copy of a game when you can get 100% the same thing cheaper on an off-side digital store. Again, I would welcome this idea, but it would never happen if it sold digital games at cheaper prices cause it would eliminate actual sales. A rental system I could see, where you rent a digital game for a few hours or a day for a portion of the full game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...t-these-8-ps3-games-digitally-on-release-day/

Here's the full post about Sony's new Day 1 Digital initiative:
The month of October is an exciting one for PS3 gamers, with a plethora of AAA titles hitting store shelves over the next four weeks. I’m excited to announce today that eight of the hottest upcoming titles will be available on PlayStation Network the same day they hit retailers through a new program called PSN Day 1 Digital!

To celebrate the launch of this new program, we’re giving you access to participate in “digital game launches,” so you can get your hands on great games releasing in October, without having to leave home. We’re also giving you the chance to pre-order select games ahead of their release date and offering 10% discounts on a number of titles for PlayStation Plus members.

This new program aims to bring you the best PS3 titles digitally through PlayStation Network. Throughout the month of October, we will be offering the following titles for download on day 1:

Resident Evil 6
(Available for download on October 2nd – $59.99)

NBA 2K13
(Available for download on October 2nd – $59.99/$53.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*

Dishonored
(Available for download on October 9th – $59.99/$53.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*

DOOM 3: BFG Edition
(Available for download on October 16th – $39.99/$35.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*

007: Legends
(Available for download on October 16th – $59.99)+

Medal Of Honor: Warfighter
(Available for download on October 23rd – $59.99)

Need For Speed: Most Wanted
(Available for download on October 30th – $59.99/$53.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*

Assassin’s Creed III
(Available for download on October 30th – $59.99)*

* Available for pre-order
+ 10% discount for PS Plus members during first week of availability

We have more exciting info on all these titles to tell you about in the coming weeks, so be sure to check the PlayStation.Blog each week for in-depth posts on these games. And let us know in the comments which Day 1 Digital titles you’ll be downloading on release day!

[quote name='mebegod']between pressing the bluray, case, cover art/instruction manual and shipping I feel comfortable its not pennies for everything[/QUOTE]

What do most of these major games ship? At least a million copies? At that scale, pressing the Blu-Ray, case, cover art, and even shipping is MAYBE $3 total and that's likely mostly from shipping. Pressing materials at that scale is probably not even pennies per copy, and it gets even cheaper as the scale goes up. The 10% discount is more than making up for manufacturing and shipping costs.

The money saved would be from the retailer's cut but from what I hear, retailers don't make that much money off of new games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']And that will be a sad day. I already have trouble with the concept of "owning" digital-only XBLA and PSN titles. I'd love to see some sort of digital 2nd hand PSN market (overseen by Sony) where you could sale your licenses to play games/DLC for a few bucks less than full price. So I could get a few bucks for selling my game, someone else could buy the game for a few bucks cheaper, and Sony and the Publisher can still take a little bit of the cut too.

I think Steam is starting to try something like this out, with in-game content I believe.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the entire purpose of going to a completely digital market is to get rid of the used market.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
+1 to all these comments. I don't understand the appeal of day one digital purchases at all. Maybe it's just because we're all CAGs and we understand how much money we're leaving on the table by buying Day 1 digitally...is anyone here planning to buy any of these games digitally day 1? If so, maybe you could explain your reasoning behind it? I'd like to hear a well thought out answer.[/QUOTE]

I might get day one digital releases. Most of the time I won't because I am a cheapass and 10% off (for being a + member) won't be enough. My reasons that I might are as follows:

1. I don't have to leave my house to get it if I didn't decide to pay for release day shipping or something. Going to the store costs gas and time and my time is the most valuable thing to me now.

2. I don't need more game laying around my house. This is why I am almost exclusively digital on PC. I get day one PC digital version all the time because they do have sales for them.

3. A digital version could work out for the better in the future. If I had bought more of my PSP games digitally I would be able to play them on my Vita. Not a for sure thing but if you aren't tied to a format it helps. Of course Sony could take it off the store so it is a risk both ways in that sense.

4. I never sell back games personally. I build my collection and keep it. Since I do a lot of research into games I buy it is very rarely that I feel like I paid more than I got out of it so I don't have that desire to get some money back out of it versus not having it available for some random replay.

5. No risk of me misplacing a game or having it damaged. After moving around a couple of times I cannot tell you where some of my old PC games ended up. Damage doesn't usually happen but it does not and again. Such as the 360 tearing up a disc. It will probably be a bigger issue when I have a kid tearing around the house / playing my old games.

While this might be more valid for just why I like digital as an option, it still applies to why I might end up with a day one digital download. I can see the argument for a physical copy, especially if you love to resell games, but I am primarily a PC gamer and even before digital I wasn't able to resell my games most of the time for years now and you see consoles following the same route (CD Keys!)

TLDR: I like the advantages there are for digital and I am all for more options.

[quote name='tylerh1701']+1 to all these comments. I don't understand the appeal of day one digital purchases at all. Maybe it's just because we're all CAGs and we understand how much money we're leaving on the table by buying Day 1 digitally...is anyone here planning to buy any of these games digitally day 1? If so, maybe you could explain your reasoning behind it? I'd like to hear a well thought out answer.[/QUOTE]
There are CAGs that are excited about this kind of stuff, as I've seen people PMing me and posting in the PS Store threads I run about whether games like Borderlands 2, FIFA 13, and others were going to be on the PS Store at launch or even have the option to pre-order.

I'd guess that not everybody plays games like you and throws them out to Amazon, GameStop, or whoever as a trade-in. There are a number of games that people will play for an extremely long time, so it's worth it to get the digital version to have instant access to it whenever they want to play it. Some of these games are going to be a bit cheaper for PS+, so they can save a little in the same process. I'm surprised that you guys cannot even fathom why this news would appeal to some people.

I'll be picking up LBP Vita today when the store updates because that's a game I'd like to have digitally without the need to swap cards just to play it, though it'd be a bigger help if Sony added folders ASAP so I'd be able to keep more games on my memory card without having to delete stuff first.

+ Morgan Haro on September 25th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:
Some of these releases may have midnight releases. We’ll update here on the blog when we’re ready to share which releases can be picked up at midnight on PSN.

+1 lets hope he can accomplish releasing the games on midnight instead of waiting for psn store to update =)

[quote name='nightmare452']This is a nice idea, but IMO it would never happen. Why? Cause a digital copy cannot in and of itself ever be considered 'used' the way we consider used games today. A digital copy is still the same today, than it was the day it was sold initially.

Who would ever buy a new digital copy of a game when you can get 100% the same thing cheaper on an off-side digital store. Again, I would welcome this idea, but it would never happen if it sold digital games at cheaper prices cause it would eliminate actual sales. A rental system I could see, where you rent a digital game for a few hours or a day for a portion of the full game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm pretty sure the entire purpose of going to a completely digital market is to get rid of the used market.[/QUOTE]

You're both right. I think the number 1 hurdle is that there really isn't an incentive for the distributor (Sony/Microsoft) to open up a 2nd hand market, since they already see the profits from the first hand market. But if Sony did open up something like that, it could create a competitive advantage for them. As a very crude example, I could either buy a $10 PSN game and have the option to re-sell it on the PSN 2nd hand market for $1.50, or buy a $10 XBLA game and have no re-sell option. That might shift some of the market share over to PSN's side.

I'm just speculating here, obviously there's a ton of obstacles in the way of this ever happening. I'll just say that I think there is a possibility it could work for all parties involved, and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back