PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JanusDS']Here is the stuff I'm thinking about buying:

Mega Man 9 - $9.99
Mega Man 10 - $9.99
Hardcorps: Uprising + Add-On Characters - $22.48
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD - $19.99
God Hand - $9.99
Double Dragon Neon - $9.99
Okami HD - $19.99

Total - $102.42

There are other games I want as well; but these are the ones that I see myself playing the soonest out of all the ones I want. I know Mega Man 9 & 10 have been out awhile and I think I might remember there being a sale at some point on 9 at least; but I'm not 100% sure. Hardcorps has only been out about a year and a half now I think; but that's something I'm pretty sure I'd play immediately because I played it some over at my friend's house who owns it, I enjoyed it and he and another friend still play it online. Code Veronica X and God Hand have only been out for around a year I think so I'm a little hesitant on those. I'm even more hesitant with God Hand since they haven't done any price drops on PS2 Classics yet that I know of and since they have with plenty of PS1 Classics I could see that possibly happening at some point. Double Dragon Neon is pretty much brand spanking new but I downloaded it for free with my PS+ trial that ended last Friday, I really enjoyed it and it will be even more fun if/when they release that online co-op patch I heard about. And then with Okami HD, I've been itching to play Okami with its original controls (i.e. not horrible motion controls) for quite sometime so I think that I would play that pretty soon after purchasing.

But anyway like I said before, it's highly probable that I could have missed sales on these before I started checking weekly and still probable even since I started checking weekly, given that I seem have some sort of advanced, mutated super adhd that leads to me just skip right over items in a list way more than I should. 8-[ So if I'm listing stuff that's already been on sale and/or likely to be on sale in the future aside from DDN and Okami, please let me know. Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

I know for sure hard corps was free for psn+ and double dragon currently is. I'd rethink your list and just get psn+, that's just my opinion though

Ya pretty much everything you listed has been on sale before, and probably will again (maybe not God Hand or the Hard Corps DLC, and those Mega Man games have been stubborn in dropping).

I didn't realize you weren't PS+. I'd 100% vouch for signing up for that, but if you're just not interested you might as well buy whatever you want. The biggest discount you'll probably ever see on most of those is 30%. They've really crippled the non-PS+ deals since PS+ came around.

[quote name='shadowkast']I know for sure hard corps was free for psn+ and double dragon currently is. I'd rethink your list and just get psn+, that's just my opinion though[/QUOTE]

I was about to suggest the same... Playstation Plus FTW.

[quote name='FerDK']I was about to suggest the same... Playstation Plus FTW.[/QUOTE]

PS Plus games for 'Free' are actually more expensive... Here is how:

Example scenario 1: No PS Plus, Double Dragon is $10. Pay once and play it whenever you want.

Example scenario 2: Yes PS Plus, Double Dragon is $4 a month, forever. If you quit PS Plus, you lose the game.

Look, I used to have PS Plus ... And I love me some PS3, and unless they changed the 'quit and you lose it' thing, the only thing PS+ is good for is discounts on games and DLC -- not 'free' games.

[quote name='blinknot4']Example scenario 1: No PS Plus, Double Dragon is $10. Pay once and play it whenever you want.

Example scenario 2: Yes PS Plus, Double Dragon is $4 a month, forever. If you quit PS Plus, you lose the game.[/QUOTE]
Sure, if Double Dragon is the only game you want...

[quote name='blinknot4']PS Plus games for 'Free' are actually more expensive... Here is how:

Example scenario 1: No PS Plus, Double Dragon is $10. Pay once and play it whenever you want.

Example scenario 2: Yes PS Plus, Double Dragon is $4 a month, forever. If you quit PS Plus, you lose the game.

Look, I used to have PS Plus ... And I love me some PS3, and unless they changed the 'quit and you lose it' thing, the only thing PS+ is good for is discounts on games and DLC -- not 'free' games.[/QUOTE]

This is about as bad as it gets for PS+ Valuation

[quote name='blinknot4']PS Plus games for 'Free' are actually more expensive... Here is how:

Look, I used to have PS Plus ... And I love me some PS3, and unless they changed the 'quit and you lose it' thing, the only thing PS+ is good for is discounts on games and DLC -- not 'free' games.[/QUOTE]

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Sure, if Double Dragon is the only game you want...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jacknicklson']This is about as bad as it gets for PS+ Valuation[/QUOTE]

I'm not flaming or trolling or whatever... I LOVE ps3, I promise. I wanted to love Ps+ when I had it. The discounts added up occasionally, -3 here, -2 there...

Couldn't you say you pay an eternal monthly fee on all your free games, not just Double Dragon? Convince me, seriously. And I'm too old for crabby responses.

I like this math, since it took me a bit to realize it only equates if you count double dragon as the only value for a full year of plus. Since I am bored, I will point out your one flaw. If there is one game you want per 3 months, then you're almost breaking even. With 12 games up front, Vita support in the future, 1 - 3 games added a month, avatars and themes for free, discounts and sales, you're bound to break even at SOME point in the year.

[quote name='admiralvic']I like this math, since it took me a bit to realize it only equates if you count double dragon as the only value for a full year of plus. Since I am bored, I will point out your one flaw. If there is one game you want per 3 months, then you're almost breaking even. With 12 games up front, Vita support in the future, 1 - 3 games added a month, avatars and themes for free, discounts and sales, you're bound to break even at SOME point in the year.[/QUOTE]

If there was a "I want to quit Ps plus but want to keep some of these freebie games" fee, I would pay it. Like, keep X of these free games for Y dollars.

I'm a day one + subscriber and I think I've actually come out ahead so far.

Example Scenario 2 - you'll have to "show your work" to get credit and a good grade, your inputs seem totally incorrect.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GT']I'm a day one + subscriber and I think I've actually come out ahead so far.

Example Scenario 2 - you'll have to "show your work" to get credit and a good grade, your inputs seem totally incorrect.[/QUOTE]

Nobody has even addressed my ONLY issue, the 'free' games and the option to keep them. 3 dollar discounts I liked, free avatars are nice, early demos are fine.

GT, How many games would you lose if you we're to quit Ps+?

[quote name='blinknot4']I'm not flaming or trolling or whatever... I LOVE ps3, I promise. I wanted to love Ps+ when I had it. The discounts added up occasionally, -3 here, -2 there...

Couldn't you say you pay an eternal monthly fee on all your free games, not just Double Dragon? Convince me, seriously. And I'm too old for crabby responses.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you pay an eternal monthly fee on all your free games. The point is, as the games add up, the eternal monthly fee becomes pennies per month per game. It's not $4 a month to keep a game. It's $4 a month to keep every game you've ever downloaded while you've been with Plus.

Where do you get $4 month from? Dividing the ps+ subscription cost by 1 game? That's bad logic man. Divide the cost by all the games you get in a year and you're looking at less than $1 for your one year rental. Try to rent a game anywhere else for $1/year.

Double dragon neon is not a game i need to own for life. Anyways, who's to say if you buy it outright (your just buying a license to the game btw) that you'll still be able to play it 10-20 years down the road.

I get your point and it's valid to a degree. Not starting a debate but concerned purchasers should see both sides of the debate

[quote name='shadowkast']Where do you get $4 month from? Dividing the ps+ subscription cost by 1 game? That's bad logic man. Divide the cost by all the games you get in a year and you're looking at less than $1 for your one year rental. Try to rent a game anywhere else for $1/year.

Double dragon neon is not a game i need to own for life. Anyways, who's to say if you buy it outright (your just buying a license to the game btw) that you'll still be able to play it 10-20 years down the road.

I get your point and it's valid to a degree. Not starting a debate but concerned purchasers should see both sides of the debate[/QUOTE]

The $4 per month is roughly what PS plus per year cost breaks into, monthly.

And I thank you for being the only person to give me a kind, real reply. I hear what you are saying about it 'adding up'. I dont need a game for life either, but I hardly played the free games when they came out. I kept paying, monthly, for such hits as Inferno Pool and Simpsons Arcade when I knew in my heart I'd never get to those.

I guess paying a monthly fee to keep games for free just isn't for me. ;)

I love you all. Remember that.

[quote name='blinknot4']The $4 per month is roughly what PS plus per year cost breaks into, monthly.

And I thank you for being the only person to give me a kind, real reply. I hear what you are saying about it 'adding up'. I dont need a game for life either, but I hardly played the free games when they came out. I kept paying, monthly, for such hits as Inferno Pool and Simpsons Arcade when I knew in my heart I'd never get to those.

I guess paying a monthly fee to keep games for free just isn't for me. ;)

I love you all. Remember that.[/QUOTE]

Bit late but I do agree with you,
I have PS+, and yes all the free games are great but I already own most of the big titles.
(even some random PSN titles)
others? I download once and never play them.

If only merit for PS+ were Free games, I don't think I would of bought it.

Its Disocunts and Free DLCs what I like

I just signed up for PS+ and am loving it, DD:N is a prime example of game I would want to play but not necessarily keep forever. But I do have a few long-term concerns, the primary being; who's to say this service is going to remain $50/yr? Is it impossible for Sony to say at some point "We are giving you more for your money than our competitor, therefore we're going to raise our price to match." And what about after that?

I know I know, inflation, COLA and all that. But I don't want to be paying $75/yr for PS+ five years down the road and "who knows what" beyond that.

[quote name='GT']I come out ahead. You think you've lost money. YMMV. It's all good.

Your math is still wrong however ;-)[/QUOTE]

Ha - it is all good. Cordial debates are the best kind.

[quote name='Kstyle']Bit late but I do agree with you,
I have PS+, and yes all the free games are great but I already own most of the big titles.
(even some random PSN titles)
others? I download once and never play them.

If only merit for PS+ were Free games, I don't think I would of bought it.

Its Disocunts and Free DLCs what I like[/QUOTE]

I concur.

[quote name='Turbojugend']I just signed up for PS+ and am loving it, DD:N is a prime example of game I would want to play but not necessarily keep forever. But I do have a few long-term concerns, the primary being; who's to say this service is going to remain $50/yr? Is it impossible for Sony to say at some point "We are giving you more for your money than our competitor, therefore we're going to raise our price to match." And what about after that?

I know I know, inflation, COLA and all that. But I don't want to be paying $75/yr for PS+ five years down the road and "who knows what" beyond that.[/QUOTE]

Who's to say that Sony will say, "Hey, we're making too much money, let's drop this down to $10 a year?"

Point is, it's needless worrying over hypothetical situations. We'll see what happens when it happens.

[quote name='Turbojugend']I just signed up for PS+ and am loving it, DD:N is a prime example of game I would want to play but not necessarily keep forever. But I do have a few long-term concerns, the primary being; who's to say this service is going to remain $50/yr? Is it impossible for Sony to say at some point "We are giving you more for your money than our competitor, therefore we're going to raise our price to match." And what about after that?

I know I know, inflation, COLA and all that. But I don't want to be paying $75/yr for PS+ five years down the road and "who knows what" beyond that.[/QUOTE]
then buy more psn plus + at $50 u will add another year to your service

Exactly. Plus I guess I should have mentioned that those 2 games are literally the ONLY games that give any sort of crap about playing and I don't already own that are currently free to download with PS+. So purchasing and maintaining a PS+ subscription just for those 2 games is in no way, shape or form economical for me. As far as I've been concerned since it's inception, PS+ FTL! Of course that's just my opinion; but as far as my gaming tastes are concerned, they've never had a lineup of "free" games which has included more than 1 or 2 games, if any at all, that I care about and don't own or wouldn't rather own the disc version. And once in a great while they'll have a decent deal on something I want; but so far it's been so few and far between that it would never have made sense for me to purchase the PS+ service.

And to make it even worse, all I was concerned about when I redeemed my free PS+ trial code was that hopefully they would have some nice discounts on something I cared about. Yet I held onto it for 2 months with absolutely no PS+ discounts that interested me and when I finally had to use or it would expire, I saved a whopping $2.00 or 40% on a game I'm mildly interested in playing and that's it. :whistle2:| I wasn't even planning on playing any of the free games until DDN came out and I thought I'd give it a try. And I remember when Hard Corps was free; but just like with DDN, it was literally the only game I cared about that was free to download at the time. I honestly just don't see how PS+ is economical in the long run unless you are actually playing every single title that has ever been free to download and taking advantage of every single discount, which seems hard for me to imagine. :whistle2:?

EDIT: Ok, I just read how everybody is questioning the poster's logic above and I'm not quite sure what there is to question. Obviously he is assuming DDN is the only game you'd want, which it just so happens to be currently and I don't know why anybody would assume otherwise since I didn't list any other PS+ free to download games. The $4 per month is the rounded down monthly cost for an annual subscription and idk if they offer you better rates for renewing your subscription but assuming they don't, then after 3 months, you'd have payed more for the game than just straight out buying it. And obviously there may be future PS+ free to download games that I'm interested in but given my complete lack of interest to date in 95%+ of the PS+ "free" offerings, I doubt it would much be worth it. And as with the above poster, I love the PS3, think it has a great game lineup and is my favorite console this generation but I think PS+ is complete garbage and unless you are actually interested in a vast majority of the free or discounted games and have time to play them, then I question the logic of purchasing a PS+ subscription.

[quote name='blinknot4']Nobody has even addressed my ONLY issue, the 'free' games and the option to keep them. 3 dollar discounts I liked, free avatars are nice, early demos are fine.

GT, How many games would you lose if you we're to quit Ps+?[/QUOTE]

Right now, if someone joined PS+ for a year they would be paying about ~$4/month for the following games:

BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
NFL Blitz - 1.9 GB *
Outland - 1.2 GB
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - 248 MB
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Renegade Ops - 2.6 GB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB
Sideway New York - 1.7 GB *
Starhawk Single-Player Campaign - 9.4 GB - Ends 10/23
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - 6.1 GB *

I'm not gonna look up the value of each one of those, so let's just say each one costs $10. So you're getting about $130 worth of value (13 games x $10 each) for $4/month.

But here's the cool thing about PS+, the longer your a member, the more games you get access to for your $4/month fee (which doesn't go up...well it hasn't yet).

I've been a member for 15 months, for my $4/month I get access to:

Gotham City Imposters
Pac-Man Championship DX
Renegade Ops
Altered Beast
Awesomenauts
Back to the Future: The Game
Battle Fantasia
Bomberman Ultra
Choplifter HD
Comix Zone
Crash Commando
Far Cry 2
Fatal Inertia
Frogger Returns
Golden Axe
Hard Corps: Uprising
Hydrophbia: Prophecy
inFamous 2
Inferno Pool
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
Little Big Planet 2
Mahjong Tales
Plants vs. Zombies
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Rock of Ages
Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves
Saints Row 2
Shank 2
Shift 2: Unleashed
Sly Cooper
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Streets of Rage 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Cars
The Simpsons Arcade Game
Trine 2
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine
Zombie Apocalypse: NDA

It's not a fully up to date list, but that's access to 41 games for $4/month, or approximately 10 cents per game per month. Now using my same valuation method of $10/game, I now have access to $410 of gaming content for $4/month. It would take me 8 years worth of PS+ subscriptions (8 years x $50) to buy those 41 games.

That's not including any of the free PS1 Classics, Minis, DLC, or discounted games I've gotten, and also assuming I pay $50/year for PS+, which I haven't for either of the years I've owned it thus far.

Hope this makes sense...

[quote name='rpg']then buy more psn plus + at $50 u will add another year to your service[/QUOTE]

That's actually a good point, unlike the other "don't worry be happy" comment. They usually give advance notice before a rate hike (or at least MS did with XBL Gold).

Question, and I know it's probably been asked and all that, and there's probably a thread I don't know about, but what's the easiest way to find discounts on PS+? Are there any deals right now? I've decided to finally start playing my PS3 more and finally get through all the games I have, and I'd like to play InFamous 2 and a few others eventually. Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm annoying with this question, I'm just horrible at searching through the forums.

[quote name='Turbojugend']That's actually a good point, unlike the other "don't worry be happy" comment. They usually give advance notice before a rate hike (or at least MS did with XBL Gold).[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is a way better suggestion than mine. Let's buy up a few year's worth of PS+ now in the off chance that they decide to raise the price at some point in the future. Let's worry about shit for no reason, yay.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Question, and I know it's probably been asked and all that, and there's probably a thread I don't know about, but what's the easiest way to find discounts on PS+? Are there any deals right now? I've decided to finally start playing my PS3 more and finally get through all the games I have, and I'd like to play InFamous 2 and a few others eventually. Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm annoying with this question, I'm just horrible at searching through the forums.[/QUOTE]

hit the CAG trading forums some PS+ codes occasionally show up on there for cheap, I got a 12-month code for $25 a couple of weeks ago

[quote name='Turbojugend']That's actually a good point, unlike the other "don't worry be happy" comment. They usually give advance notice before a rate hike (or at least MS did with XBL Gold).[/QUOTE]
Speaking of Live, I really beleive that is why Sony came out with plus. They want to get as many people on the service as possible so they can begin chargin everyone for online service at some point. But to combat as much complaining they can show all the discounts and "free games" they give away.

Either way, doesnt bother me. For now I like what I get for my money on plus. Some games wont be for me and others will. But I really dont see myself caring wether or not I can play Double Dragon Neon or any other PSN game 1 year from now, let alone 10.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']hit the CAG trading forums some PS+ codes occasionally show up on there for cheap, I got a 12-month code for $25 a couple of weeks ago[/QUOTE]

I've looked I hardly see anything, but thanks, I'll just keep my eye out better!

Welcome to real life.

[quote name='JanusDS']Exactly. Plus I guess I should have mentioned that those 2 games are literally the ONLY games that give any sort of crap about playing and I don't already own that are currently free to download with PS+. So purchasing and maintaining a PS+ subscription just for those 2 games is in no way, shape or form economical for me. As far as I've been concerned since it's inception, PS+ FTL! Of course that's just my opinion; but as far as my gaming tastes are concerned, they've never had a lineup of "free" games which has included more than 1 or 2 games, if any at all, that I care about and don't own or wouldn't rather own the disc version. And once in a great while they'll have a decent deal on something I want; but so far it's been so few and far between that it would never have made sense for me to purchase the PS+ service.

And to make it even worse, all I was concerned about when I redeemed my free PS+ trial code was that hopefully they would have some nice discounts on something I cared about. Yet I held onto it for 2 months with absolutely no PS+ discounts that interested me and when I finally had to use or it would expire, I saved a whopping $2.00 or 40% on a game I'm mildly interested in playing and that's it. :whistle2:| I wasn't even planning on playing any of the free games until DDN came out and I thought I'd give it a try. And I remember when Hard Corps was free; but just like with DDN, it was literally the only game I cared about that was free to download at the time. I honestly just don't see how PS+ is economical in the long run unless you are actually playing every single title that has ever been free to download and taking advantage of every single discount, which seems hard for me to imagine. :whistle2:?

EDIT: Ok, I just read how everybody is questioning the poster's logic above and I'm not quite sure what there is to question. Obviously he is assuming DDN is the only game you'd want, which it just so happens to be currently and I don't know why anybody would assume otherwise since I didn't list any other PS+ free to download games. The $4 per month is the rounded down monthly cost for an annual subscription and idk if they offer you better rates for renewing your subscription but assuming they don't, then after 3 months, you'd have payed more for the game than just straight out buying it. And obviously there may be future PS+ free to download games that I'm interested in but given my complete lack of interest to date in 95%+ of the PS+ "free" offerings, I doubt it would much be worth it. And as with the above poster, I love the PS3, think it has a great game lineup and is my favorite console this generation but I think PS+ is complete garbage and unless you are actually interested in a vast majority of the free or discounted games and have time to play them, then I question the logic of purchasing a PS+ subscription.[/QUOTE]

Well if a person only wants one of 13 games being offered for free, why the fuck would that person even consider signing up? Or coming here and bother saying that PS+ isn't worth it? No shit it's not worth it if you only want 1 of the 13 games being offered. I'm not gonna buy a 13 course meal if all I want are the fucking mashed potatos!

[quote name='JanusDS']Exactly...

EDIT: Ok, I just read how everybody is questioning the poster's logic above and I'm not quite sure what there is to question.[/QUOTE]

You and I are like-minded CAGdividuals.

Oh, and tylerh... Calm down dude. I feel as though you are raging. We both said we love our PS3s. I hope you could tell that by my trophy sluttiness as seen in my sig-card below.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Welcome to real life.

Well if a person only wants one of 13 games being offered for free, why the fuck would that person even consider signing up? Or coming here and bother saying that PS+ isn't worth it? No shit it's not worth it if you only want 1 of the 13 games being offered. I'm not gonna buy a 13 course meal if all I want are the fucking mashed potatos![/QUOTE]
Yeah, it seems common sense is not a strong suit of people in general. Which is why I am more worried every day about our economy and the world in general... Oh Happy Days! :)

[quote name='wrencrest']Yeah, it seems common sense is not a strong suit of people in general. Which is why I am more worried every day about our economy and the world in general... Oh Happy Days! :)[/QUOTE]

You, I like.

@blinknot - Sorry to come off as raging, no personal offense intended.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

@blinknot - Sorry to come off as raging, no personal offense intended.[/QUOTE]

None taken, we're cool....

*trophy unlocked chime*
Bronze: Debate PS Plus with me and remain CAG-brothers.

...See?

[quote name='GT']This is the most rational and civil disagreement ever on CAG. Kumbaya![/QUOTE]
Something is wrong here then. God damn it.

[quote name='blinknot4']None taken, we're cool....

*trophy unlocked chime*
Bronze: Debate PS Plus with me and remain CAG-brothers.

...See?[/QUOTE]

You're fuckin weird.

There, I fixed it for you guys.

[quote name='GT']This is the most rational and civil disagreement ever on CAG. Kumbaya![/QUOTE]

[quote name='wrencrest']Something is wrong here then. God damn it.[/QUOTE]

Lol - perhaps you've noticed over the years that I will NEVER resort to personal insults. I love discussing, relating and debating games with people, no matter the console, game, etc. We all love the same thing: games. And we are all entitled to play and like whatever we want.

Trolling is lame. I mean, have you guys been in the Wii U thread?? ... It's like Metacritic and YouTube commenters combined with hell and sticky bawlz.

Point/Counterpoint - CAG style!

[quote name='wrencrest']Speaking of Live, I really beleive that is why Sony came out with plus. They want to get as many people on the service as possible so they can begin chargin everyone for online service at some point. But to combat as much complaining they can show all the discounts and "free games" they give away.

Either way, doesnt bother me. For now I like what I get for my money on plus. Some games wont be for me and others will. But I really dont see myself caring wether or not I can play Double Dragon Neon or any other PSN game 1 year from now, let alone 10.[/QUOTE]
The impression I get is that PS+ was done in lieu of charging for online, as they've now got this paid service that's quickly gaining traction with people for the amount of content they get for the cost. They can have the free online that is a big marketing point while also having the subscription service that brings in money regularly.

Sorry but I don't find any logic in that example.
How "free games" are more expensive?

Right now I have like 20 "free games" (I'm not even counting the games that went on sale for PS+ and I bought, because those games are mine to keep "forever").
So right now I pay $4 per month for those 20 games and by next year I'll probably have access to new "free games" to add to my collection and I'll still be paying $4 per month.

Also, you are missing other benefits, like that 1 GB cloud. Last month my HDD suddenly died and if it were not for the PS+ cloud I would have lost all my game saves.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The impression I get is that PS+ was done in lieu of charging for online, as they've now got this paid service that's quickly gaining traction with people for the amount of content they get for the cost. They can have the free online that is a big marketing point while also having the subscription service that brings in money regularly.[/QUOTE]
If that is all they want to do and never charge for online gaming only then thats great. Hope it works out for them as I like the service. I think the auto updates and online cloud saves are great in addition to the free and discounted games.

Now I just need to figure out what to get this month along with reupping my plus that expires in December.

I posted this the other day and it was missed or no one cared. Does anyone think the Doom BFG edition will be great or worth "overpaying" at $35.99? I missed out on Doom 3 on Xbox and read they made some nice impovements like the flaslight mechanic.

[quote name='rpg']@wrencrest
some good games coming this oct
-kill zone 1 hd
-walking dead ep 4
-okami

as for doom i say wait for a price drop and buy it at retail(holidays coming)

doom trophies
bronze 64
silver 0
gold 1
platinum 1

http://exophase.com/game/doom-3-ps3/trophies/[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I will be looking for other games as well as I am trying to get to the $100 promo barrier. I need to reup plus soon anyway so I figured this month makes sense with the promo.

I dont care for walking dead as I am almost positive it will be free for plus members at some point as the first two were (I havent played them yet and wont until all episodes are released) and because TT games always seem to be freebies for plus. Okami isnt my cup of tea. Killzone I am considering since I never played and played both 2 and 3 SP campaigns.

I really loved Doom 1 and figure that and Doom 2 are added bonuses to the package. I wil keep looking out for more games I can buy too. I might look at some older PSN games that are least likely to have sales.

Thanks again for your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back