PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm thinking of doing a little impromptu contest here in this thread. Guess what both of the two new PS+ games will be before they're announced tomorrow afternoon. If somebody can guess both, I'll give you a code for something on PSN amongst what I have to offer. If more than one person guesses it, I'll do a little raffle for it amongst them. If nobody gets both, I may do a raffle for those that just get one of the games. If the games leak before the official PS Blog post, then this contest is cancelled immediately.

Just quote this post and include your picks as the reply to enter. I may do this more regularly in a more formal format when we have new games are going to be added.[/QUOTE]

1. Resident Evil 5

2. Red Dead Redemption

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm thinking of doing a little impromptu contest here in this thread. Guess what both of the two new PS+ games will be before they're announced tomorrow afternoon. If somebody can guess both, I'll give you a code for something on PSN amongst what I have to offer. If more than one person guesses it, I'll do a little raffle for it amongst them. If nobody gets both, I may do a raffle for those that just get one of the games. If the games leak before the official PS Blog post, then this contest is cancelled immediately.

Just quote this post and include your picks as the reply to enter. I may do this more regularly in a more formal format when we have new games are going to be added.[/QUOTE]

1. Modnation Racers
2. Hot Shots Golf (Vita)

Joe Danger (original)
Red Dead Redemption

nice contest. im not in it to win it, but judging they choose games I already own and that go synergistic with whats on the market, darksiders 1 and re5 sound good, but capcom might be too stingy to give re5 away for free, and US fans were upset that europe got rdr, so yeah rdr and darksiders 1. both great games too!

i couldnt see myself playing darksiders 1 again (great game, but soooo slow compared to agile death in ds2) but would love to have rdr on the harddrive cuz im too slothlike to get up and put the disk in if it isn't mw3.

[quote name='admiralvic']I always thought it had that stigma because people wanted the glory. Over time it became one of the most impressive platinums on the PSN, which is COMPLETELY due to word of mouth. Hell, many people I believe only like it to seem hardcore too. I never got the appeal of failing because I didn't know the floor was going to break or someone stabbed me in the ass, since Demon Souls always felt cheap as a whole. Also, does anyone else see the irony in Spelunker being hated for the exact same reasons Demon / Dark Souls is praised? I've mentioned it a number of times and to this day I still find it funny.[/QUOTE]

It was considered one of the hardest until people found out about duping and trading and so on. You could actually get the plat very easily if you summoned two blue phantoms with you and had someone let you hold on to the rings and weapons.

Also, I think Spelunker is waaay harder and less forgiving than Demon's Souls. People say you can't really make mistakes in Demon's Souls, but that's not true. I could fuck up quite a bit and then just roll away to heal back up and try again. You were very rarely one shotted. If you make even a super slight mistake in Spelunker, you're dead.

Finally, if we got Stranger's Wrath for free, that'd be sweeeeeet.

Red Dead Redemption
Infamous Festival of Blood

I hope it's Red Dead, need to play that game.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'm gonna like this contest. This thread is gonna blow up every week with people guessing. It's a good idea, but maybe put it in the thread you run in the PS3 forum?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It was considered one of the hardest until people found out about duping and trading and so on. You could actually get the plat very easily if you summoned two blue phantoms with you and had someone let you hold on to the rings and weapons.

Also, I think Spelunker is waaay harder and less forgiving than Demon's Souls. People say you can't really make mistakes in Demon's Souls, but that's not true. I could fuck up quite a bit and then just roll away to heal back up and try again. You were very rarely one shotted. If you make even a super slight mistake in Spelunker, you're dead.

Finally, if we got Stranger's Wrath for free, that'd be sweeeeeet.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong, it's still considered one of the hardest platinums on the PSN. Believe it or not, there were plenty of other glitches and cheats that were removed from the US version, which was when it was still considered the hardest game on the PSN. Even with the cheats, many people consider it hard simply due to the fact you need to beat every boss. Additionally, many gamers turned tail at stage 1, which has no "easy" complete method. Either or, I think people say it's hard to retain it's sense of impossibility. To this day, people find my Demon Souls platinum my most impressive trophy... Not my Spelunker stuff, Lost Planet 2 platinum, not 100%ing Droplits, no one has ever said a word about Catherine, just OMFG DEMON SOULS PLATINUM. Tis sad.

Also I do agree Spelunker is a harder game, but they're conceptually the same. Spelunker forces you to learn from your mistakes, punishes you for rushing, has virtually impossible to obtain items (remember your issues with the mural on EX 5?), and much more. The only real difference is that I never thought Spelunker was cheap till EX 9, but I could tell Demon Souls was cheap after 20 minutes.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'm gonna like this contest. This thread is gonna blow up every week with people guessing. It's a good idea, but maybe put it in the thread you run in the PS3 forum?[/QUOTE]
If I'm doing it regularly, it'll go in the Contests forum. This is only in here because it's a spur of the moment thing that'll end in less than a day.

[quote name='admiralvic']You're wrong, it's still considered one of the hardest platinums on the PSN. Believe it or not, there were plenty of other glitches and cheats that were removed from the US version, which was when it was still considered the hardest game on the PSN. Even with the cheats, many people consider it hard simply due to the fact you need to beat every boss. Additionally, many gamers turned tail at stage 1, which has no "easy" complete method. Either or, I think people say it's hard to retain it's sense of impossibility. To this day, people find my Demon Souls platinum my most impressive trophy... Not my Spelunker stuff, Lost Planet 2 platinum, not 100%ing Droplits, no one has ever said a word about Catherine, just OMFG DEMON SOULS PLATINUM. Tis sad.

Also I do agree Spelunker is a harder game, but they're conceptually the same. Spelunker forces you to learn from your mistakes, punishes you for rushing, has virtually impossible to obtain items (remember your issues with the mural on EX 5?), and much more. The only real difference is that I never thought Spelunker was cheap till EX 9, but I could tell Demon Souls was cheap after 20 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Hm...I'm not sure I agree. Demon Souls USED to be a lot harder, like gettinmoney said. A lot has changed since it was released. If I can get the Demon Souls plat, I think anyone can. Time consuming does not equal difficult, and DS is time consuming more than anything. Back before duping and trading, it was probably a 9/10. These days it would most likely be a 4. And the only reason I ever had a problem was due to the lack of a way to pause the game.

What I really think happened was the fact that 98% of "journalists" sucked at games and went full force calling DS THE HARDEST GAME EVER!!!!! And the sheep believed it. I could name 50 NES/SNES era games that are 100 times harder than DS.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Hm...I'm not sure I agree. Demon Souls USED to be a lot harder, like gettinmoney said. A lot has changed since it was released. If I can get the Demon Souls plat, I think anyone can. Time consuming does not equal difficult, and DS is time consuming more than anything. Back before duping and trading, it was probably a 9/10. These days it would most likely be a 4. And the only reason I ever had a problem was due to the lack of a way to pause the game.

What I really think happened was the fact that 98% of "journalists" sucked at games and went full force calling DS THE HARDEST GAME EVER!!!!! And the sheep believed it. I could name 50 NES/SNES era games that are 100 times harder than DS.[/QUOTE]

To each their own. I recall glitches and tricks existing a little before it was released in the US. Also the trading thing was mentioned in the official guidebook (sorta removes the sense of "cheating"d doesn't it?), so it has existed for AT LEAST the day the US version released. Though you can find countless posts claiming it was impossible from back then. Sure the latest glitch finally makes it an absolute joke, but there were plenty of things that were figured out long before that. Regardless, I had people as of last week saying my Demon Souls platinum was an amazing feat they could never pull off and posting it's an easy platinum on a trophy site will most likely get you flamed.

Red Dead Redemption and Resident Evil 5.

Darksiders
Read Dead Redemption

Originally Posted by FriskyTanuki View Post
I'm thinking of doing a little impromptu contest here in this thread. Guess what both of the two new PS+ games will be before they're announced tomorrow afternoon. If somebody can guess both, I'll give you a code for something on PSN amongst what I have to offer. If more than one person guesses it, I'll do a little raffle for it amongst them. If nobody gets both, I may do a raffle for those that just get one of the games. If the games leak before the official PS Blog post, then this contest is cancelled immediately.

Machinarium and Darksiders

[quote name='admiralvic']You're wrong, it's still considered one of the hardest platinums on the PSN. Believe it or not, there were plenty of other glitches and cheats that were removed from the US version, which was when it was still considered the hardest game on the PSN. Even with the cheats, many people consider it hard simply due to the fact you need to beat every boss. Additionally, many gamers turned tail at stage 1, which has no "easy" complete method. Either or, I think people say it's hard to retain it's sense of impossibility. To this day, people find my Demon Souls platinum my most impressive trophy... Not my Spelunker stuff, Lost Planet 2 platinum, not 100%ing Droplits, no one has ever said a word about Catherine, just OMFG DEMON SOULS PLATINUM. Tis sad.

Also I do agree Spelunker is a harder game, but they're conceptually the same. Spelunker forces you to learn from your mistakes, punishes you for rushing, has virtually impossible to obtain items (remember your issues with the mural on EX 5?), and much more. The only real difference is that I never thought Spelunker was cheap till EX 9, but I could tell Demon Souls was cheap after 20 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's a perception issue probably stemming from when the game first came out. 15.58% of people have platinumed the game and that's pretty high relative to other games, especially for a game that's supposedly as tough as Demon's Souls. Furthermore, the amount of people who have beat the False King (essentially beating the game and all the bosses) is 40.71%. So maybe the general perception is that it is one of the hardest platinums, but the facts don't support it.

Also, a lot of people rate it as a hard platinum because of the farming aspects or the character/world tendency aspects, not for the actual difficulty of the game.

I also don't understand why you think Demon Soul's is cheap.

Deathspank
Shoot Many Robots

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Well, that's a perception issue probably stemming from when the game first came out. 15.58% of people have platinumed the game and that's pretty high relative to other games, especially for a game that's supposedly as tough as Demon's Souls. Furthermore, the amount of people who have beat the False King (essentially beating the game and all the bosses) is 40.71%. So maybe the general perception is that it is one of the hardest platinums, but the facts don't support it.

Also, a lot of people rate it as a hard platinum because of the farming aspects or the character/world tendency aspects, not for the actual difficulty of the game.

I also don't understand why you think Demon Soul's is cheap.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you want to explain numbers to me... I can show you posts from 7+ months ago where I pointed out that less people beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on normal than beat Demon Souls (might have even been the platinum) and plenty of other things. Regardless of what the facts are, I am just saying people think, act, believe and will defend it as one of the hardest games for the PS3 and most difficult platinums. This should be pretty evident with the whole "Dark Souls Easy Mode" mistranslation fiasco.

Yup.

I can make a list, but is it really required? I died far more times to unexpected things, easy to die situations (like walking on the mountain edge / poisonous river), etc.

its a hard game, but its a learn from your mistakes game, where there is less skill involved and more know-how. I am close to beating dark souls with my level 1. He uses a hand axe and combustion.

NGS-2 was not as hard on normal, but quite hard on higher difficulties. I only finished it on normal. Also it was cheap without letting you really learn from your mistakes. You need to be a twitch master to dodge some of those boss attacks and such.

Dark siders
Resident evil code Veronica

A Good Game
Another Good Game

Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil 5: Gold

I really hope we don't get RDR I played that game to death when it came out and got myself ranked number one in hardcore grab the bag until i stopped playing it. It was funny because i used to punk people all day online with the shittiest of weapons.
I haven't played resident evil since 4 came out for the gamecube so i would be real happy to see that game free.

Logic says that we shouldn't get an incredible game because somebody played it way too much. By that logic, I don't think we should get any games. At all. You know, that's my guess, and I'm going to throw it in there. We're not going to get any games.

Nothing
and Nothing

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']its a hard game, but its a learn from your mistakes game, where there is less skill involved and more know-how. I am close to beating dark souls with my level 1. He uses a hand axe and combustion. [/QUOTE]

I love both Souls games and got both platinums. It amazes me how people do SL1 playthroughs. I'm glad that isn't a trophy cause as much as I love the games my skills aren't the best when it comes to staying SL1.

Congratulations the_ENEMY that is a feat in itself to almost complete DS on SL1.

This beer is for you: :beer:

So, how does the $100 promotion work? Do I have to add $100 to my wallet, or actually buy things worth $100? I'm guessing the latter but who knows... I have some old credit sitting on my account which is why I ask.

Dragon Warrior VII
Rudra's Treasures

[quote name='ProAnon']Logic says that we shouldn't get an incredible game because somebody played it way too much. By that logic, I don't think we should get any games. At all. You know, that's my guess, and I'm going to throw it in there. We're not going to get any games.
[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, come on, you know what he means. I'm sure it's not easy finding games that most folks haven't played, but I don't think RDR would be that great of a choice either. WHO in the world hasn't played that???? The instant game collection, IMO, shines best when it has things like Starhawk or Space Marines. Even Borderlands was a great idea.

My hopeful: Darksiders

P.S. I appreciate the improvements to the OP (especially the expiration asterisks). Sad this thread is more informative and organized than Sony's own blog.

P.S.S If anyone has any Tokyo Jungle perspectives to offer up, please do!!!

I'll take a stab at this and guess LIMBO and Darksiders.

[quote name='KJAZZ']So, how does the $100 promotion work? Do I have to add $100 to my wallet, or actually buy things worth $100? I'm guessing the latter but who knows... I have some old credit sitting on my account which is why I ask.[/QUOTE]

Buy $100 this month. Doesn't matter if you have $100 in your wallet from September, etc. Must be funds from now, October. And then the $20 credit hits your wallet in early November.

I went with Hell Yeah, Scarygirl, Tokyo Jungle, Shank 2, Double Dragon Neon, Papo & Yo, Journey, and Sound Shapes.

Sound Shapes is glorious. Had no idea it was that much fun!

I'll say Machinarium and Assassin's Creed. Given the way Borderlands was offered, an AC game would make sense with the new one coming out.

Thanks for all your work on this Frisky.

I'm going to guess Deathspank and Darksiders.

[quote name='breakfuss']Ahhh, come on, you know what he means. I'm sure it's not easy finding games that most folks haven't played, but I don't think RDR would be that great of a choice either. WHO in the world hasn't played that???? The instant game collection, IMO, shines best when it has things like Starhawk or Space Marines. Even Borderlands was a great idea.

P.S. I appreciate the improvements to the OP (especially the expiration asterisks). Sad this thread is more informative and organized than Sony's own blog.

P.S.S If anyone has any Tokyo Jungle perspectives to offer up, please do!!![/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, of the 300+ games I've played on the PS3, Red Dead, GTA IV and Max Payne 3 aren't among them.

[quote name='breakfuss']Ahhh, come on, you know what he means. I'm sure it's not easy finding games that most folks haven't played, but I don't think RDR would be that great of a choice either. WHO in the world hasn't played that???? The instant game collection, IMO, shines best when it has things like Starhawk or Space Marines. Even Borderlands was a great idea.

P.S.S If anyone has any Tokyo Jungle perspectives to offer up, please do!!![/QUOTE]

Me, I haven't played yet Red Dead Redemption. The GOTY is in my backlog waiting.

I'm going the the least likely choice: RDR and Deus Ex.

[quote name='breakfuss']P.S.S If anyone has any Tokyo Jungle perspectives to offer up, please do!!![/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten very far and am still playing as the weaker animals, but it's pretty fun. Arcade style gameplay, decent-enough graphics, lots of unlockables, somewhat repetitive gameplay (though repetition is sensible in accelerated animal survival). If you're into strange, more conceptual games, I'd at least recommend you jump on a copy through the gamesharing thread.

[quote name='blinknot4']Buy $100 this month. Doesn't matter if you have $100 in your wallet from September, etc. Must be funds from now, October. And then the $20 credit hits your wallet in early November.

I went with Hell Yeah, Scarygirl, Tokyo Jungle, Shank 2, Double Dragon Neon, Papo & Yo, Journey, and Sound Shapes.

Sound Shapes is glorious. Had no idea it was that much fun![/QUOTE]

Oh, I was more so wondering if I actually had to spend the money, or if I could just add $100 to my my wallet and then spend it somewhere down the line.

[quote name='KJAZZ']Oh, I was more so wondering if I actually had to spend the money, or if I could just add $100 to my my wallet and then spend it somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE]

Yes. You actually have to spend $100 in the store to get the $20 voucher.

[quote name='blinknot4']Buy $100 this month. Doesn't matter if you have $100 in your wallet from September, etc. Must be funds from now, October. And then the $20 credit hits your wallet in early November.

Sound Shapes is glorious. Had no idea it was that much fun![/QUOTE]

Why'd you buy these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back