PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit. I bought Festival of Blood last time it was on sale and never even played it. How much was it then, $5? So the difference would only be $2.50, but that's enough to buy two games tomorrow: Monster World IV and Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (how is this game anyway?)

I've been waiting for Sega Rally to go on sale again. I'd prefer to have it on Xbox, but I doubt it would ever be $2.99 there. How is Sega even making any money on these $1 games? They sold Rome:Total War for $1 on Steam two weeks ago too - I think that was the first time a game has been that cheap on Steam.

[quote name='realit3y']Yes it will let you buy that bundle it would be the same as for example you had Costume Quest already and wanted just to buy it for the DLC, since it is a bundle you will get the DLC nonetheless.

Regarding the price it's 2.49$ for each table so you'll end up paying 4.98$

My advice if you are a ps plus go for it since you save 0.79 cents

Otherwise if you are not a ps plus don't go for it since you would end up paying more because it's 5.99$[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. So it will be Zen tables, the Blob Vita game, PvZ Vita and the $1 Sega game. Heh, I don't even know what it is. I just know its a dollar and so I'll buy it.

[quote name='realit3y']yes it is still at 39.99$ for all 12 episodes too bad , although it is cheaper on disc, also I don't understand the game is from 2008 come on Sony.[/QUOTE]

i bought siren last year, after it didn't go on sale for halloween

just started playing it today, probably the creepiest game this generation

i don't see sony ever lowering the price, they know you can't buy it in stores so they will charge whatever they want

[quote name='captaintek3304']I think you're joking. That's the only logical explanation about what you just posted. You're mad because games you bought A YEAR AGO are free?

I can't wait til gettinmoney sees this.[/QUOTE]

NO, I never said I was mad, just that I felt like a sucker for buying into the whole Play promotion -- buying more games that I wasn't all that interested in order to grab a free bonus that has now gone free anyway (along with almost all the games included in the promotion). I've learned my lesson and only bought one game this time around (Sound Shapes).
A year ago, there were so few free games from Playstation Plus (just one a month) that it was reasonable to assume that whatever you bought wouldn't go "free", or at least that it wouldn't for a long time. Since the pace of free games has increased considerably, it's entirely possible with any PSN game now. Different rules apply, so I'll be more judicious with my buying habits.

The reason I'm taking advantage of this spend $100 to get $20 back promotion is because I have more than $100 worth of stuff I want to pick up on PSN at the moment. If I had to buy even one thing I didn't really want, I wouldn't use this promotion.

Unfinished swan's been on my radar for a while now so I'm looking forward to giving that game a try a week early.

I don't know why you'd buy games you weren't really interested in. That seems like the big issue rather than worrying about what games you've purchased that are going to be offered for free to PS+ members at some point in the future.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's on par with the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as the best versions out there, though the big improvement is that it has a Platinum Trophy. It's miles better than the iPod Touch/iPhone version.[/QUOTE]

That's quite a statement - I've been completely impressed by PVZ on the iPad. Guess I'd better snag the vita version tomorrow!

[quote name='handsomepete']That's quite a statement - I've been completely impressed by PVZ on the iPad. Guess I'd better snag the vita version tomorrow![/QUOTE]
Nowhere did I mention the iPad version since I have no clue what is or isn't in it. The smaller iOS versions only include the adventure mode, zen garden, and maybe a mini-game or two, but the rest are locked up in FTP-style bundles where you can grind for an insane amount of coins for each bundle or pay ~$7 for enough coins to unlock the rest of the content. It's basically a gimped game that people constantly used to shit on/troll the PSN/XBLA versions for being more expensive, but more complete versions with all of the content you'd expect.

The Vita version of Plants vs Zombies is excellent. I platinumed it after getting 100% on the PSN version. It plays very good (dont want to say perfect because I noticed some minor inconsistencies with the touch screen) and is as fun as ever. Its basically the same game, but it I enjoyed playing it once more.

Ugh, wasn't Jet Set Radio for the Vita supposed to come out tomorrow? I'm not seeing anything about it and this obviously doesn't bode well :cry:

Other than that the deals for PS+ this week are pretty awesome. If you include the Zen Pinball bundle, that's 3 QUALITY deals on Vita stuff. Maybe this is Sony slowly integrating Vita deals into PS+?

Nice, was hoping for a good sale to help hit the 100 mark. Pvz and zen pack for sure. I'd get dead rising if I didn't have it on 360 already(and still might lol). The sandbox mode alone is worth it(no time/mission restraints)

To chime in on the above discussion. That's why I never buy anything below a 50% plus discount, unless I plan on playing it right away. Plus has been pretty good with giving out quality titles for free. Also, I never buy into those promotions. They're counting on you buying the games you don't want just to get the bonus, and to me, it's not worth owning something I don't want. At least the free title from the promotion will stay free for you. while anyone who gets it from this will lose it after plus.

[quote name='whitereflection']How much was it then, $5? So the difference would only be $2.50, but that's enough to buy two games tomorrow: Monster World IV and Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (how is this game anyway?)[/QUOTE]

If you're playing it single-player, I'm leaning towards frustrating at times. There are parts where a ghost will take you out, and then your teammates will frantically attempt to rescue you despite enemies being right on them, resulting in a hilariously evil quick game over.

[quote name='Slade']The reason I'm taking advantage of this spend $100 to get $20 back promotion is because I have more than $100 worth of stuff I want to pick up on PSN at the moment. If I had to buy even one thing I didn't really want, I wouldn't use this promotion.

Unfinished swan's been on my radar for a while now so I'm looking forward to giving that game a try a week early.[/QUOTE]
I don't know how some of you guys do it spending money on the PSN store nearly every week. Don't you guys have physical game backlogs? I try to limit myself from spending more than $50 on PSN on top of PS+ each year cause I mostly spend my time with physical games.

yeah iv got so many backlogs, but i still spend ps$. i got dishonored and xcom last tuesday and still havnt touched them yet. doh!
and i guess ill get more crap games too like amy, ghostbusters and monster world. for that cheap ill skip a meal and get 3 eh games.
also damn, wish plants vs zombie had a plat on ps3, thats insane for a plat on vita.
i looked at the doom 3 bfg trophies, holy cow, like 65 bronzes, lol.
i wish i didnt own everything, infamous fob and dead space 2 are insane at that price.
im gonna trade in my 2 copies of dead rising otr tomorrow at bestbuy for 9.60 each and just gameshare on both my ps3s so thats good. woot awesome sale.
can't wait for dark souls dlc also. and hopefully good odin sphere sale.
fingers crossed for a god hand sale also someday

A Vita item going on sale?! FINALLY! Definitely going to get Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. I've been waiting for a sale on Vita games!

[quote name='Velo214']yeah iv got so many backlogs, but i still spend ps$. i got dishonored and xcom last tuesday and still havnt touched them yet. doh!
and i guess ill get more crap games too like amy, ghostbusters and monster world. for that cheap ill skip a meal and get 3 eh games.
also damn, wish plants vs zombie had a plat on ps3, thats insane for a plat on vita.
i looked at the doom 3 bfg trophies, holy cow, like 65 bronzes, lol.
i wish i didnt own everything, infamous fob and dead space 2 are insane at that price.
im gonna trade in my 2 copies of dead rising otr tomorrow at bestbuy for 9.60 each and just gameshare on both my ps3s so thats good. woot awesome sale.
can't wait for dark souls dlc also. and hopefully good odin sphere sale.
fingers crossed for a god hand sale also someday[/QUOTE]

I read that all as if you said it in one big exhale. :lol:

Thank goodness my PSN shipping spree is going to be cheap, so I'll just get a $10 card from Best Buy to add to what I have in my account.

I see Ghostbusters has online gameplay!:)

[quote name='rpghope18']I read that all as if you said it in one big exhale. :lol:[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!:lol: For some reason, you made me think of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvhDw5bQbd8

:rofl:

I see Ghostbusters and AMY have been critically panned, lol. Couldn't find one good thing written about them. Wonder if it's even worth it at that price. Otherwise, I'm pleased with tomorrow's update. Been waiting to get some Zen tables along with the Costume Quest bundle (LOVE double fine). Gotta admit, though, the people on the PS blog need to absolutely stop getting people hyped up about the Instant Game Collection. Every week they say "the next will be better" and, well, it's not...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']A Vita item going on sale?! FINALLY! Definitely going to get Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. I've been waiting for a sale on Vita games![/QUOTE]

Where were you the last 2ish months when there's been about one Vita game on sale with each update?

[quote name='captaintek3304']Where were you the last 2ish months when there's been about one Vita game on sale with each update?[/QUOTE]

Maybe Steam has spoiled me but the few Vita sales we've gotten have been pretty weak.

Reviews be damned Amy will be mine. Debating Ghostbusters SoS, got it for free on the 360 and got all the gamerscore. Don't think I want to do it again, but it is cheap.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Argh!!!! I wanted a sale on Corpse Party!![/QUOTE]

Same here. I might just buy it anyway to support them, hoping they'll localize the sequel.

[quote name='Derextreme']To chime in on the above discussion. That's why I never buy anything below a 50% plus discount, unless I plan on playing it right away. Plus has been pretty good with giving out quality titles for free. Also, I never buy into those promotions. They're counting on you buying the games you don't want just to get the bonus, and to me, it's not worth owning something I don't want. [/QUOTE]

This exactly. That's why I'm sitting out on the Spend $100, Get $20 promotion too. There's not nearly enough on PSN that I need NOW, so there's no point in buying them for only a 16.7777% discount on them.

[quote name='breakfuss']Gotta admit, though, the people on the PS blog need to absolutely stop getting people hyped up about the Instant Game Collection. Every week they say "the next will be better" and, well, it's not...[/QUOTE]

What are they going to say? "Next week is honestly pretty mediocre."? And why are you buying into their promotion of it week after week?

Comments like this frustrate me because "good" and "bad" are subjective terms. The mindset of "My opinion = fact" runs rampant on the PS blog comments and I hate to see it here.

[quote name='Namerson']Same here. I might just buy it anyway to support them, hoping they'll localize the sequel.[/QUOTE]

I played through Corpse Party a while ago and quite enjoyed it. While the graphics are unimpressive, the horror story filled with twists and turns is interesting from beginning to end.

Even after you finish the main game, there are a bunch of side stories to play through and see but remember this is primarily a visual novel so don't expect too many crazy puzzles and what not.

This. I've been waiting for it to go on sale for a long time already :cry: I really want to play it, but there's no point at purchasing for $19.99 when I have such a huge backlog

Definitely was a cool game to play. My only complaint is a random thing they threw in towards the end of the game that later gets exposited further in one of those extra chapters. :puke:

Just makes me shake my head and wonder 'Why you do this, Japan?' I know...cause it's Japan. But still. ><

I believe they actually canonized the fan-made games in Japan, but I've not looked into it enough yet to know for sure or if they got any English-translations.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
What are they going to say? "Next week is honestly pretty mediocre."? And why are you buying into their promotion of it week after week?

Comments like this frustrate me because "good" and "bad" are subjective terms. The mindset of "My opinion = fact" runs rampant on the PS blog comments and I hate to see it here.[/QUOTE]

They don't need to say anything at all, actually. But, it's certainly pissing more people off that they constantly make outlandish innuendos about "being blown away" by next week's selection, lol. You're correct - tastes are subjective, but I'm not arguing whether these games are good or not. SCEA seems to have an entirely different MO than Europe. They mostly give away games with limited appeal. That's FREAKING ok by me! I like most of the games, lol, so I'm not the one who has a problem with it. In fact, I've said good things in this very thread. Other people feel rightfully shafted because these are not the type of games most probably signed up for. More importantly, these are not the type of games they gave away at E3 for PS+'s reboot (when they had a huge influx of new subscribers). And, that actually is a fact. :)

Im not fathoming the idea of not having Siren on sale, it's like sony just forgot about the game. I know the second I buy it though...

Anyways, good price on dead space 2. Been looking to pick it back up.
Also gonna grab Amy for that price, why not.

Hopefully the Payday DLC will be free/on sale.

[quote name='breakfuss']They don't need to say anything at all, actually. But, it's certainly pissing more people off that they constantly make outlandish innuendos about "being blown away" by next week's selection, lol. You're correct - tastes are subjective, but I'm not arguing whether these games are good or not. SCEA seems to have an entirely different MO than Europe. They mostly give away games with limited appeal. That's FREAKING ok by me! I like most of the games, lol, so I'm not the one who has a problem with it. In fact, I've said good things in this very thread. Other people feel rightfully shafted because these are not the type of games most probably signed up for. More importantly, these are not the type of games they gave away at E3 for PS+'s reboot (when they had a huge influx of new subscribers). And, that actually is a fact. :)[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Do you have a job? Do you know how life works? The people who write for the PS Blog are employed by Sony. They dont have to say anything?!?! WHAT? Its their fucking job to hype Sony products. Of course they have to say something. They probably want to stay employed and get paid like the rest of us.

I am glad you like the selection of games and the service, but to complain that the employees of the OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION BLOG shouldnt hype PLAYSTATION product offerings is moronic.

No one has a "right" to feel shafted either. Sony isnt selling basic necessities here. If someone doesnt like what they offer they dont need to buy into the service and/or continue service once their sub runs out.

[quote name='wrencrest']What are you talking about? Do you have a job? Do you know how life works? The people who write for the PS Blog are employed by Sony. They dont have to say anything?!?! WHAT? Its their fucking job to hype Sony products. Of course they have to say something. They probably want to stay employed and get paid like the rest of us.

I am glad you like the selection of games and the service, but to complain that the employees of the OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION BLOG shouldnt hype PLAYSTATION product offerings is moronic.

No one has a "right" to feel shafted either. Sony isnt selling basic necessities here. If someone doesnt like what they offer they dont need to buy into the service and/or continue service once their sub runs out.[/QUOTE]

Firstly, there's no need to be disrespectful simply because you disagree with me. I wasn't even talking to you, so I'm not sure why you're responding with such hostility. Calm down, please.

Second, by "them not having to say anything", I meant that they should stop leading people to believe that the updates will be akin to what SCEE receives. Not that they should LITERALLY stop saying something. Clearly that's not what I meant, so stop being pedantic. Even Morgan Haro, the person who primarily provides the PS+ updates, said that he'll likely STOP doing that. If the chief complaint from people on the damn blog is that we don't receive a lot of retail releases like SCEE does, then, yeah, it's pretty fucking misleading for him to say (every week) "wait until next week...I'll think you'll be impressed". That's where he MESSES up, and even he acknowledged this in one of his responses. I feel bad for him, honestly, because he obviously has nothing to do with the selection. He's just a part of the (recently downsized, might I add) Sony PR department. There's probably a myriad of reasons why Europe gets different games than us. So be quiet, unless you know what you're talking about.

Look, again, I don't have a problem with the games. That's not why I signed up for PS+, and frankly, I don't think that should be the impetus behind the service. I want DISCOUNTS. I want BETAs. I want EARLY RELEASES. Those should be the service's strong points, not "rentals". The IGC is only icing on the cake for me. Even a few posts up, I mention what I'm excited about in today's update -- the discounts. Right before that, I post about Journey, another game that was DISCOUNTED on PS+. And before that, I posted about Tokyo Jungle. See the pattern here? I don't CARE about the fucking IGC. But, what I don't understand is why the same three people in this thread keep mounting their sanctimonious high horses to complain about other people complaining (even if I'm not one of the complainers). Not everybody is satisfied with just getting free or cheap shit. Value is relative, and it's pretty obvious why some people think PS+'s is diminishing. And as I said, they have every RIGHT to feel this way because they PAID MONEY. Maybe they shouldn't be so caught up on something so unpredictable as the IGC, but to each his own. Who are you to say otherwise? Not everybody prays to the Sony demigod, so let them complain if they WANT to. It's sad that I live in the same city with the biggest asshole I've run into on CAG. Good day, sir.

I'm glad I didn't buy the Plants vs. Zombies pinball table at launch, as now I can get that plus two other tables for $4.

[quote name='breakfuss']Firstly, there's no need to be disrespectful simply because you disagree with me. I wasn't even talking to you, so I'm not sure why you're responding with such hostility. Calm down, please.

Second, by "them not having to say anything", I meant that they should stop leading people to believe that the updates will be akin to what SCEE receives. Not that they should LITERALLY stop saying something. Clearly that's not what I meant, so stop being pedantic. Even Morgan Haro, the person who primarily provides the PS+ updates, said that he'll likely STOP doing that. If the chief complaint from people on the damn blog is that we don't receive a lot of retail releases like SCEE does, then, yeah, it's pretty fucking misleading for him to say (every week) "wait until next week...I'll think you'll be impressed". That's where he MESSES up, and even he acknowledged this in one of his responses. I feel bad for him, honestly, because he obviously has nothing to do with the selection. He's just a part of the (recently downsized, might I add) Sony PR department. There's probably a myriad of reasons why Europe gets different games than us. So be quiet, unless you know what you're talking about.

Look, again, I don't have a problem with the games. That's not why I signed up for PS+, and frankly, I don't think that should be the impetus behind the service. I want DISCOUNTS. I want BETAs. I want EARLY RELEASES. Those should be the service's strong points, not "rentals". The IGC is only icing on the cake for me. Even a few posts up, I mention what I'm excited about in today's update -- the discounts. Right before that, I post about Journey, another game that was DISCOUNTED on PS+. And before that, I posted about Tokyo Jungle. See the pattern here? I don't CARE about the fucking IGC. But, what I don't understand is why the same three people in this thread keep mounting their sanctimonious high horses to complain about other people complaining (even if I'm not one of the complainers). Not everybody is satisfied with just getting free or cheap shit. Value is relative, and it's pretty obvious why some people think PS+'s is diminishing. And as I said, they have every RIGHT to feel this way because they PAID MONEY. Maybe they shouldn't be so caught up on something so unpredictable as the IGC, but to each his own. Who are you to say otherwise? Not everybody prays to the Sony demigod, so let them complain if they WANT to. It's sad that I live in the same city with the biggest asshole I've run into on CAG. Good day, sir.[/QUOTE]

The problem that I (as one of the sanctimonious high horse riders) have with complainers is that their complaints are almost always poorly thought out, not based in the real world, lack common sense, and lack any sort of justification to back up their complaint. (I've only just browsed the comments on the latest PS+ update post, but I'd be surprised if there was even one quality criticism about PS+ on there. I didn't find any in the few that I was read)

If someone pays $50 and legitimately is not happy with PS+, I welcome (as I'm sure Morgan would to) coherent criticism of the PS+ program. The following complaints don't count as coherent and rational:

"I already have that game!"
"That game sucks!"
"Why didn't we get [x] game?!?"

The vast majority of the complaints about PS+ fall into one of those 3 categories. Myself, GettinMoney, Wrencrest, and I'm sure others are just tired of seeing it.

I may come off as a Sony fanboy here, which I am not. But I am a definitely PS+ fanboy. I think the program is so good that I'll spend my free time defending it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']On topic....I'm considers PvZ Vita and Mutant Blobs Attack even though I don't own a Vita yet.[/QUOTE]

Just get PvZ on your phone, its the same thing....or get PvZ for PS3/PSN

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']That sucks. That was going to be part of my $100 this month.[/QUOTE]Yup, same here.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Just get PvZ on your phone, its the same thing....or get PvZ for PS3/PSN[/QUOTE]Go back and read the last couple pages, Frisky made it pretty clear that they are NOT the same version. The Vita version also has a platinum trophy while the PS3 version doesn't. And I know tylerh has been a PS+ member for a while, so I'm sure he already got PvZ for free on PS3 like the rest of us.

I probably know the answer to this question already, but...

Any chance the digital version of Dead Space 2 comes with DS: Extraction?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Just get PvZ on your phone, its the same thing....or get PvZ for PS3/PSN[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PimpLimp']Yup, same here.

Go back and read the last couple pages, Frisky made it pretty clear that they are NOT the same version. The Vita version also has a platinum trophy while the PS3 version doesn't. And I know tylerh has been a PS+ member for a while, so I'm sure he already got PvZ for free on PS3 like the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Yup I've actually owned it 3 times (Xbox on disc, but sold it, free for PS+, and on my Windows Phone) but it's an awesome game and with a platinum trophy, might be worth another playthrough.

Even though I already have PvZ on Android, Xbox Live, and PSN, I still want that Vita version. Probably gonna be the one I play most

On a side note, sales tend to end a bit before the store updates right? Trying to decide whether I want to let my friend log into my account and buy the stuff, or wait till the 30th and hope I get on in time.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The problem that I (as one of the sanctimonious high horse riders) have with complainers is that their complaints are almost always poorly thought out, not based in the real world, lack common sense, and lack any sort of justification to back up their complaint. (I've only just browsed the comments on the latest PS+ update post, but I'd be surprised if there was even one quality criticism about PS+ on there. I didn't find any in the few that I was read)

If someone pays $50 and legitimately is not happy with PS+, I welcome (as I'm sure Morgan would to) coherent criticism of the PS+ program. The following complaints don't count as coherent and rational:

"I already have that game!"
"That game sucks!"
"Why didn't we get [x] game?!?"

The vast majority of the complaints about PS+ fall into one of those 3 categories. Myself, GettinMoney, Wrencrest, and I'm sure others are just tired of seeing it.

I may come off as a Sony fanboy here, which I am not. But I am a definitely PS+ fanboy. I think the program is so good that I'll spend my free time defending it.[/QUOTE]

+1, My favorite complaint is I already bought that game but haven't played it. If you buy a game and don't play it, then it goes free who's to blame? Sony?

I've bought games then had them go free but never felt like I got duped by Sony. Sony never forced me to buy games plus I got to enjoy those games while others waited. I picked up the PvZ pinball table for $3. Now that it's onsale in a bundle the only thing I hope is I can get the other 2 tables or will I be exempt from this purchase? I will spend the $4.19 on the tables but in the past I know Sony won't let you get parts of bundles if you already own part of them.

I love PS+ and will support it as long as they continue to give games and discounts. I still got 2 years worth waiting to be redeemed. I just hope we get a promotion with a free game like Jurassic Park for renewal in the future.

The people that hate PS+ can enjoy all the free Xbox games MS gives you every month.

PvZ would've been another good opportunity for cross-buy I think(or cross-free for PS+) owners and I honestly think it will be one of the first games on the instant collection when PS+ goes live for the Vita.

I've got about $36 dollars to go till I hit my $100 mark but after picking up Unfinished Swan, I'll wait till the last week to see if there's a discount that catches my eye before picking up something.

Since the theme of these deals is Halloween and all...can we finally get a deal on Corpse Party FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back