PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']There's a PSP (Vita compatible) game on sale for $5 called The Red Star. It's sort of a side-scrolling brawler and shooter rolled into one. I'm really happy I took the risk and blight it. Had good reviews but Id never heard of it. Check it out if you like Streets of Rage and the like.[/QUOTE]

This the one based on the Image comic about 10 years ago?

[quote name='kitsunisan']This the one based on the Image comic about 10 years ago?[/QUOTE]

yeah its based on an comic. not sure if you mean its about 10 years ago I never read it. it doesn't seem to explain the story at all its just getting mission after mission with just an GO DEFECT THIS GUY kind of intro lol. I have it for the ps2.
$5 is an really good price for it. when it first came out it was $20

might get the zen pinball tables for ps3 and maybe costume quest. even through I own costume quest on steam lol.

Tempted by Odin Sphere. Every site I go to, people are saying the slowdown is fixed so I think I'm in.

I still have bad memories of single-digit frame rates during the last boss of chapter 1...

Virtua Fighter 2 (which you can switch between Versions 2.0 & 2.1), Fighting Vipers (with Mahler, the secret character from the Saturn version), Sonic The Fighters (with Metal Sonic, Eggman, & hidden-on-ROM Honey The Cat now playable), Virtua Strikers, and the original Virtua On (not the one currently on XBLA) are all coming to XBLA/PSN. The fighting games will be $10 each, and it seems there'll be a bundle in Japan for about $20 for all 3 of them, while VS & VO are coming early next year. All of them will have online play and enhanced features, some of which are listed above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLUHKE6gyI

[quote name='jl_rival']It's October and no deal on Telltale's The Walking Dead game? Well that sucks![/QUOTE]

They just gave away the first two episodes for free like a month and a half ago. What more do you want?

So far, I've played the Vita version of the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta. Not impressed. To me, it seems like a button mashing, free-for-all for kids.

[quote name='wtsutton']They just gave away the first two episodes for free like a month and a half ago. What more do you want?[/QUOTE]

I must have missed that. Damn :whistle2:(

BTW I'm sure they're gone now, but Gamestop was giving away 2,000 PS+ 30 day trial codes on Facebook. I happened to get one so made these two all the more easier to buy.

[quote name='rbanez']I just watched that ps blog video...

Oh my lord why did they made the keyboard linear :wall:

Though it is great that it now has more search filters, things seem easier to find and all the stuff related to a particular game is linked on the little tab on the lower left.[/QUOTE]

Ugh they got rid of QWERTY? I absolutely hate the alphabetical keyboard on the 360...

[quote name='johnnypark']Ugh they got rid of QWERTY? I absolutely hate the alphabetical keyboard on the 360...[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone want that ugh? Going to make redeeming codes a total bitch

Any opinions on the House of the Dead bundle? It seems like a good deal. I played one of them on the Wii ages ago and had fun with it. Just wondering if it's worth it for the three games.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']So far, I've played the Vita version of the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta. Not impressed. To me, it seems like a button mashing, free-for-all for kids.[/QUOTE]

Totally disagree

[quote name='roedaniel19']Picked up Infamous FOB and Costume Quest. Anyone whose played Costume Quest wanna share their thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

I bought Costume Quest when it first came out. Really liked it, simple but rewarding. Probably finish the main game in 5 hours or so, and the dlc another 2-3.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Picked up Infamous FOB and Costume Quest. Anyone whose played Costume Quest wanna share their thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

Personally loved Costume Quest. I bought it while staying at a friends house when I was doing a mini tour(had my hard drive with me, because, I'm a nerd always) and bought it, literally stayed up from midnight til about 7am finishing the main quest and getting everything(it's not hard to get everything except one piece for one costume). It's simplistic, and there's only x amount of monsters for the most part with a level cap, but it's fun with just enough strategy to keep me interested. When/if you have kids, and want them to play RPGs this would be one of the first I'd have them play haha

[quote name='JamesFerguson']Any opinions on the House of the Dead bundle? It seems like a good deal. I played one of them on the Wii ages ago and had fun with it. Just wondering if it's worth it for the three games.[/QUOTE]

I've played both Overkill and HOTD3 with my move/sharpshooter combo and enjoyed both of them. Fun on the rails shooters. Overkill has tons of swearing and is supposed to be like a grind house movie which helped increase my enjoyment of it, but from reviews I've read apparently that was off-putting for some.

So I played the Amy demo on Xbox 360 (I wasn't prompted to download a patch, not sure if they don't patch demos or what) and it was really bad. It was clunky, the melee combat was pretty atrocious, and it was also pretty damn boring. I'm not one to skip super-cheap games, but Amy doesn't seem to have a lot of redeeming value. A lot of comments I read online said the patch has made the game at least "decent", but what I played really turned me off on it.

As for Dead Rising 2: OTR, how is it? I didn't much care for Dead Rising 1, but that was because I found the bosses to be very difficult and the save system was absolute garbage. Have they corrected these things in DR2?

[quote name='tylerh1701']So I played the Amy demo on Xbox 360 (I wasn't prompted to download a patch, not sure if they don't patch demos or what) and it was really bad. It was clunky, the melee combat was pretty atrocious, and it was also pretty damn boring. I'm not one to skip super-cheap games, but Amy doesn't seem to have a lot of redeeming value. A lot of comments I read online said the patch has made the game at least "decent", but what I played really turned me off on it.

As for Dead Rising 2: OTR, how is it? I didn't much care for Dead Rising 1, but that was because I found the bosses to be very difficult and the save system was absolute garbage. Have they corrected these things in DR2?[/QUOTE]

OTR is the best one so far. The ending was priceless and the additional content was pretty awesome (though hard to disagree with a dildo gun). Hard to say if you will enjoy it, but I wasn't a fan of 1, thought 2 was okay and loved OTR.

One of few downloadable titles I've actually finished. Light (very light) RPG fun. If you are into complex JRPGs, probably too light. I had fun with it, really cool that you fight as the big versions of what your costumes are. I never played the extra dlc, so technically I'm buying this game twice! My review from last year here.

Got a couple of issues I'm hoping someone might know about. First, does anyone remember downloading Split Second last June as a plus member? I can't remember if it was a one hour demo or a free game. I used my free month of Plus then and grabbed it, renewed my plus last December but Split Second shows as expired. Second thing is I renewed my subscription last night, but all of my free plus games show they'll expire in 39 days, when my last subscription was supposed to run out. Is this something I should be concerned about or will it auto renew the license once the new year of plus kicks in?

[quote name='kitsunisan']Got a couple of issues I'm hoping someone might know about. First, does anyone remember downloading Split Second last June as a plus member? I can't remember if it was a one hour demo or a free game. I used my free month of Plus then and grabbed it, renewed my plus last December but Split Second shows as expired. Second thing is I renewed my subscription last night, but all of my free plus games show they'll expire in 39 days, when my last subscription was supposed to run out. Is this something I should be concerned about or will it auto renew the license once the new year of plus kicks in?[/QUOTE]

1. I don't recall Split Second ever being free. Shift 2 was, but not Split Second.

2. I wouldn't be concerned about that, it should auto renew at some point. Those specific dates on games never really seem to make a ton of sense, I think there are some that say they will never expire, except they still do.

[quote name='admiralvic']OTR is the best one so far. The ending was priceless and the additional content was pretty awesome (though hard to disagree with a dildo gun). Hard to say if you will enjoy it, but I wasn't a fan of 1, thought 2 was okay and loved OTR.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Got a couple of issues I'm hoping someone might know about. First, does anyone remember downloading Split Second last June as a plus member? I can't remember if it was a one hour demo or a free game. I used my free month of Plus then and grabbed it, renewed my plus last December but Split Second shows as expired. Second thing is I renewed my subscription last night, but all of my free plus games show they'll expire in 39 days, when my last subscription was supposed to run out. Is this something I should be concerned about or will it auto renew the license once the new year of plus kicks in?[/QUOTE]

1) There was a trial for Split Second on the March 29, 2011 update

Edit:
2) Read that wrong, what the guy above me says, as long as your overall subscription doesn't show the incorrect date you should be good

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead Rising 2 and by extension, DR: OTR is much better than DR 1.

I couldn't handle playing DR 1 because of its controls(especially the gun control) and its various archaic mechanics but I found DR 2 to have fixed most of the issues I had with its predecessor and I had a good time playing it.

The differences between DR2 and OTR aren't all that extensive though so I don't think it warrants a replay if you finished 2 but if you hadn't played either, OTR is a good buy at its current price.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']So far, I've played the Vita version of the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta. Not impressed. To me, it seems like a button mashing, free-for-all for kids.[/QUOTE]

I am 100% with you. I'm hoping the PS3 version has a different feel. I'll give that a shot tonight. I played a few games on the Vita last night, and the only time I was able to do well was when I said screw it with strategy and just started slamming any button I could reach.

I had a similar experience. It was just a crazy jumping hitting clusterfuck with no clear strategy. My hope is that the small Vita screen and the lack of a solo campaign in the demo (where you can actually learn what the different moves are and actual strategy) make me feel that way.
I know I'll buy the game (unless the reviews are abysmal) but I fear I won't actually like it.

I already had HOTD III and Costume Quest from past sales, but I still bought the HOTD bundle and Costume Quest complete since they were cheaper than buying stuff separately.

If I add a year of PSN+ via the store using PSN credit, does that count toward the $100 this month? Please don't shoot me if this has already been answered!

[quote name='outkastx']If I add a year of PSN+ via the store using PSN credit, does that count toward the $100 this month? Please don't shoot me if this has already been answered![/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as you dont use a prepaid subscription card you are good to go

And :twoguns:

I got Costume Quest for free on PS+ in the past and I have not played it. I plan on playing it but I was wondering if I should pay for it so I can get the DLC. I know people speak highly of costume quest but is the DLC worth the purchase?

[quote name='AoA']I had a similar experience. It was just a crazy jumping hitting clusterfuck with no clear strategy. My hope is that the small Vita screen and the lack of a solo campaign in the demo (where you can actually learn what the different moves are and actual strategy) make me feel that way.
I know I'll buy the game (unless the reviews are abysmal) but I fear I won't actually like it.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I felt the same after playing the pax demo. I put a podcast on youtube about it, but a few people assured me (by disliking it, lol) it was sooooo deep and that the game was great despite (still) not being out. I'll still try this beta, but I doubt it changed much.

[quote name='eliter1']I got Costume Quest for free on PS+ in the past and I have not played it. I plan on playing it but I was wondering if I should pay for it so I can get the DLC. I know people speak highly of costume quest but is the DLC worth the purchase?[/QUOTE]

The DLC is basically more of the same. If you liked the game and wanted more of it, the DLC is probably for you. Otherwise, it isn't particularly necessary.

Anyone recommend Dead Rising 2 OTR for someone who already put a lot of time into the first one (by which I mean regular ol' Dead Rising 2)? I was really pissed when they released OTR originally since I was hoping they would patch in the extra stuff for people who had the original, but for $10, it might be worth it.

[quote name='mpaullin']Anyone recommend Dead Rising 2 OTR for someone who already put a lot of time into the first one (by which I mean regular ol' Dead Rising 2)? I was really pissed when they released OTR originally since I was hoping they would patch in the extra stuff for people who had the original, but for $10, it might be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I put tons of time in DR2 - mostly because I saved over all my slots after the fight w/Boykins and ran out of time so I had to start again.

I paid $20 for DR2:OTR and was happy w/my purchase. I probably spend a good 10 hours in sandbox mode to get up to level 50, then blasted through the story mode.

Most of the bosses are the same, with a couple new additions, and there is only 1 new area, and a few new combo weapons, but I still liked it and thought it was worth the $20 I paid.

At least the DLC from DR2 is free in DR2:OTR, you just have to find all the pieces of each outfit scattered throughout the game.

In short, I would pay $10 for it if I didn't already have it for sure.

COMING 23TH OCTOBER

Retail:
Medal of Honor Warfighter
Two Cabella Hunting Games
Street Fighter X Tekken For Vita

Psn Games:
The Unfinished Swan
Killzone Hd
Medal Of Honor Warfighter
Darkness Ii
Zero Escape Virtue Last Reward
Sports Champions 2

Vita:
Frobisher Says
Orgarhythm
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splits

Ps2 Classic:
Wingback Cover Operations

---------------------------------------
DEMOS DEMOS:

Psn:
Jeopardy
The Wheel Of Fortune
Sports Champions 2

Vita:
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splits With Demo
------------------------------------------

ADDONS ADDONS:

Darksouls Of The Abbyss 15$
Mugen Souls
One Piece Pirate Warriors
Pure Chess Hallowwenn
Sleepy Dogs
Tokyo Jungle The Celery Man
Xcom Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack

----------------------------------------

SALES SALES:

Hydrophobia Getting Cheaper
Street X Tekken Complete Costumes Pack On Sale Cross Content Dlc

-------------------------------------------
SAD NEWS SAD NEWS:

Hamster Ball Sale Ending

--------------------------------------------
GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS:

Final Fantasy Iii Psp Can Transfer Vita Hitting Vita Store
Ps1 Classics Hitting Vita Store:
Centipede
Missile Command
Pong
Virtual Pool

Heard from the Blogcast

[quote name='realit3y']
ADDONS :

TOKYO JUNGLE THE CELERY MAN
[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's supposed to be salary man. Although celery man sounds pretty cool...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']How long do games usually take to install from PSN? DLs are fast for me, but the games take forever to "install."[/QUOTE]
about 20-30mins for large files like re6

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Because it can't go two weeks without being on sale
Street Fighter X Tekken - Costume Complete Pack - Vita/PS3 Cross Buy Support

Games
The Darkness 2
Killzone HD - $14.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter - $59.99
Starhawk Single-Player Campaign
The Unfinished Swan - $14.99

PS2 Classics
Winback: Covert Operations

Demos
Jeopardy!
Sports Champions 2 - Requires Move
Wheel of Fortune

Add-ons
Dark Souls
Mugen Souls
One Piece: Pirate Warriors
Pure Chess
Sleeping Dogs
Tokyo Jungle
XCom Enemy Unknown

Vita Games
Frobisher Says - Free
Orgarhythm - $29.99
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Stand

Vita Demos
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz

The Hamsterball sale is mentioned as ending on Tuesday, so get that while it lasts.

Coming to the Vita's PS Store:

PSP
Final Fantasy III

PS1 Classics
Centipede
Missile Command
Pong
Virtual Pool

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']How long do games usually take to install from PSN? DLs are fast for me, but the games take forever to "install."[/QUOTE]
Depends on the size, as larger games will take longer than smaller games. I've heard that doing installs while downloading other things will also causes it to take longer.

Wow Winback that really takes me...returns me to point of nostalgia

For those who don't know Winback then kill.switch we're the original cover based tps that inspired gears of war and this entire gen

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Because it can't go two weeks without
being on sale
[/QUOTE]
Frisky showing some humor! I love it. And yeah, they really need to perm drop the price as it is indeed on sale all the time. I am guessing they do that only so they can be seen/heard every week on the blogcast and various sites that tout the psn deals.

EDIT: not sure how i turned one spoiler into two! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back