PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Each account gets 2 30-day code, I have three emails so that's a nice half year for me. Now I'm set until 2015.

IGN locks out your IP after about 5 new account registrations, but it should be enough to get a year's worth of plus.

Wow, due to my lack of reading comprehension skills, I thought the free PS+ was only for IGN Prime members, not everyone, so I skipped right over it. Got it now though, thanks a ton Frisky!

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Once you add your credit card info is it easy to remove?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you just go to account management and remove your CC from account info. I think you can leave all your other info so you can just put the CC back in when you need to.

I'm really pumped for Corpse Party, it looks amazing. Hoping to finish that before 999 arrives.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I'm thinking of buying WWE '13 Axxess Pass for $20 on Oct. 30th. That will count toward $100, right? :)[/QUOTE]
Yes, anything in the PS Store counts towards it.

Plus good till 2017.

Spent $100 for the month waiting for the rebate come November

This has been on a good month for PS3 User's or to be a CAG in general

[quote name='doc_j88']Plus good till 2017.

Spent $100 for the month waiting for the rebate come November

This has been on a good month for PS3 User's or to be a CAG in general[/QUOTE]

Plus until 2017. Okay I'll bite: how?

[quote name='Romeo']Plus until 2017. Okay I'll bite: how?[/QUOTE]

IGN just handed out a shit ton of stackable 1 month PS+ codes due to a glitch in their system. This guy must have thought he was entitled to several years worth of codes.

[quote name='tylerh1701']IGN just handed out a shit ton of stackable 1 month PS+ codes due to a glitch in their system. This guy must have thought he was entitled to several years worth of codes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously. A years worth I could understand, but that's just ridiculous. No one is impressed that you ruined a good offer for lots of people that would've liked even the minimum 2 months of free PS+.

Unfortunately, the IGN deal won't work on my phone browser and I don't have access to a computer for another couple of hours, so I'm hoping it's not abused to all hell before I'm off work. I'd be just fine with a couple extra free months of Plus.

Actually i'm docj88 the guy who was selling codes on ebay in July for $30 from the marketing company i work for.

Company let me have 3 years for selling surplus =2015

Bought a Year worth for Sony's promo=2016

Bought a Year worth from Best Buy's Gamer magazine with the $15 off coupon= 2017

Not gonna lie Got a year's worth from IGN (used all of my multiple (6) PSN accounts (6x2))=passed 2 month's to brother, 2 month's to girlfriend, 4 month's split to various cousins, 2 extra for myself

Didn't abuse the promo too much found out about it after work tonight 7pm and got 6 accounts before it was shut down.

[quote name='tylerh1701']IGN just handed out a shit ton of stackable 1 month PS+ codes due to a glitch in their system. This guy must have thought he was entitled to several years worth of codes.[/QUOTE]

Don't judge me. People were abusing this from the get go. I was able to look out for my family and close relatives before it was shutdown. They were either in college studying or at work and the way people were abusing this they wouldn't have made it in time so i did it for them

I even Thanked Frisky saying i was able to grab a couple which like i said i kept two for myself. So get off your high horse.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Yeah seriously. A years worth I could understand, but that's just ridiculous. No one is impressed that you ruined a good offer for lots of people that would've liked even the minimum 2 months of free PS+.[/QUOTE]

Anything more than one month is pure greed. I hope there's a way Sony will permanently ban his account.

I tried to get a code and apparently I was too late.

[quote name='Romeo']Anything more than one month is pure greed. I hope there's a way Sony will permanently ban his account.

I tried to get a code and apparently I was too late.[/QUOTE]
They gave everybody two months by default, so we're all greedy.

Actually i'm docj88 the guy who was selling codes on ebay in July for $30 from the marketing company i work for.

Bought a Year worth from Best Buy's Gamer magazine with the $15 off coupon= 2017

Not gonna lie Got a year's worth from IGN (used all of my multiple (6) PSN accounts (6x2))=passed 2 month's to brother, 2 month's to girlfriend, 4 month's split to various cousins, 2 extra for myself

Didn't abuse the promo too much found out about it after work tonight 7pm and got 6 accounts before it was shut down.

Don't judge me. People were abusing this from the get go. I was able to look out for my family and close relatives before it was shutdown. They were either in college studying or at work and the way people were abusing this they wouldn't have made it in time so i did it for them

I even Thanked Frisky saying i was able to grab a couple which like i said i kept two for myself. So get off your high horse.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They gave everybody two months by default, so we're all greedy.[/QUOTE]

Well whatever is default, one per person, etc. :)

I could see Sony gimping the PS+ program for reasons like this.

I am set until 2021 -- I bought 10 from target during that glitched ad. Didn't get any of these.... gotta say, don't hate the player, hate the game. People were mad at me when I got mine, don't hate someone else for getting theirs. Was is abuse? Yeah, but lets be honest, the majority of us abuse the system on these deals. I wouldn't go through the trouble to get all of those, though.

Damn, I'd love a free month of PS+. Wish I had seen the IGN deal. If anyone has a code they'd be interested in giving or trading away, I'd love to talk to you. ;)

[quote name='Romeo']Well whatever is default, one per person, etc. :)

I could see Sony gimping the PS+ program for reasons like this.[/QUOTE]
They won't. They gave codes to IGN to give out and they've given them out. They're not going to punish everybody over a few codes when they also give out a lot of these codes through their own means.

[quote name='SideEffect34']Despite the bad reviews, is AMY worth it for just $2.50? Anyone else get it?[/QUOTE]

No. I really really wanted it before it came out. I loved the idea. But the reviews for it have been so AMAZINGLY bad, that I just don't even feel like it's worth $2.50 and the added weight into my backlog.

[quote name='SideEffect34']Despite the bad reviews, is AMY worth it for just $2.50? Anyone else get it?[/QUOTE]
I recommend Costume Quest if u don't have it.

[quote name='rpg']I recommend Costume Quest if u don't have it.[/QUOTE]

I second this. Its short and sweet, so $4 is the perfect price for the game.

[quote name='notstylin']I second this. Its short and sweet, so $4 is the perfect price for the game.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention it comes with all the bonus stuff too.

Can Odin Sphere be played on the PSP or just the PS3? May be worht getting to play it portable since i already have hte original release. Not sure if i want it if its just a PS3 game

[quote name='doc_j88']Actually i'm docj88 the guy who was selling codes on ebay in July for $30 from the marketing company i work for.

I even Thanked Frisky saying i was able to grab a couple which like i said i kept two for myself. So get off your high horse.[/QUOTE]

I apologize, right after the promo ended there were tons of people on here and Slickdeals posting about how they were now set for 5+ years because of this promo, I assumed you were one of these people.

also wondering if monster world IV can be played on the PSP. Man the PSN store layout sucks how can you tell what systems theyre for?

*edit* whats this free PS+ code thing everyone keeps talking about? Im guessing i missed out on it?

Wonder if anymore DLC for costume quest will be released? Fiancée just beat it and I'm playing it now. If you haven't gotten, highly recommend. I feel a big splash if Zelda/Final Fantasy for kids. More fun than I've had in a while.

[quote name='Kenshindono']also wondering if monster world IV can be played on the PSP. Man the PSN store layout sucks how can you tell what systems theyre for?[/QUOTE]Odin Sphere is a PS2 Classic and can't be played on PSP. Monster World IV is part of SEGA's Master System re-releases on PSN and also isn't playable on PSP.

Only games specifically marked as PSP and Minis can be played on the PSP.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Bought Costume Quest + DLC can't wait to play it.[/QUOTE]

It's addicting, be careful! Ha. I give it an easy 9/10. Not sure about reply value, I'm sure there is though.

Woo for Dark Souls DLC hitting tomorrow. I've purposely avoided all gameplay videos of that, gonna be awesome.

Is PS+ ever on sale? My sub is up soon, and I definitely don't see it being worth $50 since I haven't really wanted any of the free games, and I've probably only saved like $10 worth in discounts in 4 months.

Oh, and Stardrone was another cross-buy game with 2 trophy lists. Transferring the save got all the trophies except for a couple that took less than 5 minutes to earn on their own.

[quote name='AkariK']Is PS+ ever on sale? My sub is up soon, and I definitely don't see it being worth $50 since I haven't really wanted any of the free games, and I've probably only saved like $10 worth in discounts in 4 months.[/QUOTE]

Once in a while. Once we got 3 extra months for signing up for a year. Once Target put a 1 year PS+ card picture next to the price of a 3 month card in their ad and some people were able to get them to honor their ad. Best Buy has a $15 off coupon in their COD @Gamer magazine this month, but the mag costs $10. Sellers on ebay sometimes have cards for discount prices, but that varies. CAG traders sometimes have cards for discount prices, especially recently with the free year they were giving out with the Capitol One Playstation card. Otherwise, PSN cards go on sale a couple times a year, which can obviously be used to buy the subscription on the store.

So the only good deals on it are price mistakes or time sensitive sales? I'm not on CAG that often so I miss most (read: all) of the good deals these days. I guess I won't be hurt too much by my sub expiring, but maybe I'll see if I can start and 100% DD Neon before then.

Here I kept thinking that the Monster World titles were on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, doh! Definitely going to have to pick that up, and Corpse Party when that drops tomorrow. Those two titles should put me just over the $100 for October! :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']I apologize, right after the promo ended there were tons of people on here and Slickdeals posting about how they were now set for 5+ years because of this promo, I assumed you were one of these people.[/QUOTE]

I apologize as well. My initial post should have been a bit more descriptive.

Read the reviews too.

IGN gave it a 2/10 yuck! But being a fan of the survival horror genre, I couldn't help but purchase it for $2.50.

I would give it a 6/10.

There was a patch update when I downloaded the game, not sure if it was way after all the horrible reviews but some of those problems depicted on the reviews have likely been fixed, like the hit detection seems okay (reviews saying your weapons go through opponents, but I didn't notice any... yet).

Problems/Issues:

#1 - Difficulty level is tough. It makes you appreciate the checkpoints which are so few and far between, but you have to pass the chapter in 1 sitting otherwise the next time you start the chapter, you have to start from scratch, checkpoint gone. These chapters can take hours to complete from trial and error.

#2 - Stealth in the game is pretty bad. Sometimes you're completely hidden and still the zombies will find you, which sucks on stealth levels becuase it's an automatic game over.

#3 - Amy is dumb. Her AI is one of the dumber AI's in a game. Sometimes when you order Amy to stay in one place to protect her from zombies, as you explore your surroundings, Amy will just leave and start heading your direction, running through zombies and leading them to you.

Other than that, I still had my fun for $2.50.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Wonder if anymore DLC for costume quest will be released? Fiancée just beat it and I'm playing it now. If you haven't gotten, highly recommend. I feel a big splash if Zelda/Final Fantasy for kids. More fun than I've had in a while.[/QUOTE]

Grubbins on Ice was the last one. From what I remember, last Halloween there was a lot of rumors that there would be a new expansion and I think the main woman who programmed it left Double Fine, so its a no go.

Here's that forum post. http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/5225/

Shame. My son asks me all the time if there's a new one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back