PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn’t the Super Street Fighter IV Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $8.99, original price $17.99) actually listed for $8.99 yet?

What am I trying to defend? I'm not sticking up for AC as a series. I just don't see the point in making statements that are clearly meant to be polarizing.

Every thread gets derailed into discussion about why game X is amazing or complete shit; there's no middle ground and honestly, most people are terrible when backing their claims up.

My posts aren't meant to be argumentative. I didn't even comment until you decided to make 5 posts stating the same thing over and over again, that the game sucks.

We heard you the first time. Some people agree, others don't. Why do you enjoy beating the shit out of a crippled kid?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']What am I trying to defend? I'm not sticking up for AC as a series. I just don't see the point in making statements that are clearly meant to be polarizing.

Every thread gets derailed into discussion about why game X is amazing or complete shit; there's no middle ground and honestly, most people are terrible when backing their claims up.

My posts aren't meant to be argumentative. I didn't even comment until you decided to make 5 posts stating the same thing over and over again, that the game sucks.

We heard you the first time. Some people agree, others don't. Why do you enjoy beating the shit out of a crippled kid?[/QUOTE]

Did I say I was right and my way was the only way? Did I rail on the subject? Clearly as per is often the case you are the only one with a problem with the subject at hand. Forums are for discussing things and much like sitting around shooting the shit with friends subjects bounce from one thing to the other and often get debated. As long as no one gets upset....why should you care what we are saying? Again no one was upset here and no one was even trying to convince the other that they were right necessarily, we just had a simple discussion about the subject.

Because I have to read it, and it hurts my head. The Deals and Discussion sections are separate for a reason. It's whatever; not like things are gonna change. Go on.

[quote name='Snap']Why isn’t the Super Street Fighter IV Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $8.99, original price $17.99) actually listed for $8.99 yet?[/QUOTE]
It is.

in for shank, under siege, and all the motorstorm DLC (except for the rare elite supercar)

why is that 1 supercar so expensive compared to the others? it should turn on a dime and go twice as fast lol.

debating on tumble...

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Because I have to read it, and it hurts my head. The Deals and Discussion sections are separate for a reason. It's whatever; not like things are gonna change. Go on.[/QUOTE]
Yea- my bad there. I get confused because there is a thread just like this in the PS3 board.

I never thought I would see Braid for $2.50. Been looking into this game for a while and it's always 14.99 on Amazon or the PSN. These are the deals why I love PS+.

I hope they offer a good discount when OUTLAND comes out.

outland was supposed to be $8 for psn+, along with funky lab rat for $4.
that was before everyone who had a ps3 was psn+, they might pull a red johnson chronicles and take away/lower the discount they were going to offer.

so i have ac2 on disk. gamestop is gonna give me 8credit. should i pay $2 more psn and get the whole game and the dlc and 9 gigs, or should i just keep the disk and pay $5.50 more and get all the dlc. seems like an easy answer, but i dont want a 'bad' game on my hd, especially for 9 gig.
thanx
got shank and undersiege and ac b dlc. oh yeah, i have ac b also, so should i just skip ac 2, lol. thanx

[quote name='Velo214']outland was supposed to be $8 for psn+, along with funky lab rat for $4.
that was before everyone who had a ps3 was psn+, they might pull a red johnson chronicles and take away/lower the discount they were going to offer.

so i have ac2 on disk. gamestop is gonna give me 8credit. should i pay $2 more psn and get the whole game and the dlc and 9 gigs, or should i just keep the disk and pay $5.50 more and get all the dlc. seems like an easy answer, but i dont want a 'bad' game on my hd, especially for 9 gig.
thanx
got shank and undersiege and ac b dlc. oh yeah, i have ac b also, so should i just skip ac 2, lol. thanx[/QUOTE]

I really hope they don't do that B.S. on Outland. I love the fact that I can get a discount on a game avoiding the retail price. I am looking at Shank also for $5.

Braid is going to be $2.50, that's insane! I'll finally have to pick it up. Isn't Magic the Gathering free right now and then it's going to be $7.99?

So, Beyond Good and Evil HD came out in EU (next week here?) and it only has 12 trophies, no platinum... Probably because XBL only allowed 200 points for it but it's damn lazy of them not to do more trophies for the PS3 port.

Every other HD "remake" has separate platinums... :/

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Cubixx - PSP/PS3 - $1.00[/QUOTE]

Anyone seeing Cubixx at this price? Shows up for me at $3.99 which I guess is $1 off the regular price, yet I've seen it posted on several sites for 1$ as the price.

Edit: nm, I was confusing Cuboid with Cubixx which I guess is a minis.

[quote name='RiPPn']Anyone seeing Cubixx at this price? Shows up for me at $3.99 which I guess is $1 off the regular price, yet I've seen it posted on several sites for 1$ as the price.

Edit: nm, I was confusing Cuboid with the Cubixx which I guess is a minis.[/QUOTE]

that messed me up too. i think cubixx is a PSP/PS3 mini ($1 from 3.99), while cuboid is the PSN puzzle game, on sale for 3.99, i think...

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So, Beyond Good and Evil HD came out in EU (next week here?) and it only has 12 trophies, no platinum... Probably because XBL only allowed 200 points for it but it's damn lazy of them not to do more trophies for the PS3 port.

Every other HD "remake" has separate platinums... :/[/QUOTE]

I probally should not go on a rant about BG&E being horribly overrated and broken huh...especially given it was you that posted about it.....I think if I did you may literally blow your top ;)

New deals:

PS3
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - $9.99 - Temporary Sale

PSP
Tom Clancy’s End War - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Predator - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Essentials - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

Add-ons
Tom Clancy’s End War - Escalation Pack - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. - European Assault Pack - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. - Russian Falcons Pack - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. - Supremacy Pack - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. - U.S. Eagles Pack - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 - All in One Pack - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 - Cold War Pack - $1.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 - Mig Alley Pack - $1.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 - Russian Power Pack - $1.49 - Temporary Sale

[quote name='MSI Magus']I probally should not go on a rant about BG&E being horribly overrated and broken huh...especially given it was you that posted about it.....I think if I did you may literally blow your top ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll still pick up a broken game for $2 just for the trophies.

[quote name='gravel']Braid is going to be $2.50, that's insane! I'll finally have to pick it up. Isn't Magic the Gathering free right now and then it's going to be $7.99?[/QUOTE]

the MTG thats free now is an older release next week the new release "magic the gathering dual of the planeswalkers 2012 "

[quote name='RiPPn']Quick question, my plus content says it will expire 7/3/11, but i decided plus is worth the price of admission so I went and got a 1 year card and put it in and I'm now my plus is good til 7/2/12. The expiration dates however did not change, does that mean my content will still expire on 7/3/11, or will the date change? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can redownload them to get the updated expiration date. The other option, which I'm not 100% sure about, is to let them lapse and it should just prompt you to check the store and update the license to use those games with the correct expiration date.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. However, you don't actually have to wait for the whole download to finish, and with the incredibly slow downloads since the Store came back that's a real good thing. The authorization for a game is the first thing it checks so once the download begins you can just cancel the download and the game's expiration date'll be updated. This'll especially save you loads of time if you've got a lot of games to reauthorize. And if your ISP caps you this'll also help you from going over your limit just to play games that are already on your HDD.

[quote name='Velo214']outland was supposed to be $8 for psn+, along with funky lab rat for $4.
[/QUOTE]

Outland comes out June 14 and there's no mention of a PS+ discount in the list of upcoming PS+ sales, so I'm assuming it will be full price. While it doesn't have a release date, I imagine Beyond Good & Evil will be full price when it comes out, even though it was supposed to be $7.99. I would guess that either Sony or Ubisoft didn't want everyone to have access to the games for $7.99 and revoked the discounts.

Well, went a little nuts with the DLC tonight.

Picked up:
BFBC2 Vietnam for $7.49
AC2 Seq 12 $1.99
AC2 Seq 13 + secret locations for $3.49
ACB Da Vinci $5

Might pick up Shank.

Anyone have any feedback on the HAWX 1 or 2 DLC? I'm thinking about those too.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Anyone else hoping that Prince of Persias end up being the next Ubisoft games that are dropped in price?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I'd so be in for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 if it had trophies.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So the ACII DLC even on sale is less more than the $10 deluxe edition right now?[/QUOTE]
It's $10 for the game and $4 to $5.50 for the DLC.

Sorry in advance for being off topic but has anybody bought a psn card off GameStop's website for download? I ordered one over 12 hours ago, I got my order confermation but no e-mail with my code. How long does it usually take? I would have bought it from amazon if I knew it was going to take this long.

[quote name='Stimes']Sorry in advance for being off topic but has anybody bought a psn card off GameStop's website for download? I ordered one over 12 hours ago, I got my order confermation but no e-mail with my code. How long does it usually take? I would have bought it from amazon if I knew it was going to take this long.[/QUOTE]

check your order history page on gamestop.com, they dont email the codes.

Black Ops Escalation maps have been out since midnite! Four new mp maps and a new Zombies!

also... yeah, BG&E is horribly overrated. Tobin from noobtoob.com loves that game, and I replayed through it all, and eh....I'll wait for RE4 HD or SotC HD!

[quote name='Stimes']Sorry in advance for being off topic but has anybody bought a psn card off GameStop's website for download? I ordered one over 12 hours ago, I got my order confermation but no e-mail with my code. How long does it usually take? I would have bought it from amazon if I knew it was going to take this long.[/QUOTE]

I've never bought a PSN card, but I have bought a 3 month XBL and a 1600 MSP card. The XBL card took overnight to get to me and the 1600 MSP took 4 fucking days. It was a long battle of emailing back and forth before I finally got my 1600 MSP. This was actually only last week.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']check your order history page on gamestop.com, they dont email the codes.[/QUOTE]

And they are given instantly as well, right when you complete the order, should be given to ya. Bought 3 or so already since my credit card would never work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSI Magus
I probally should not go on a rant about BG&E being horribly overrated and broken huh...especially given it was you that posted about it.....I think if I did you may literally blow your top

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I'll still pick up a broken game for $2 just for the trophies.[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something? $2 for BG&E?

[quote name='Brimah']And they are given instantly as well, right when you complete the order, should be given to ya. Bought 3 or so already since my credit card would never work.[/QUOTE]
Yup. I've never gotten them instantly, but pretty close to - within a half hour or so.

Nope. As in, lawl at XBL/PSN people paying full price for downloadable games.

My entire PSN collection of 80+ games I've paid 1/5 the price for, and that's not gonna change. Not that I would buy BG&E for the full $10 (or even worse, $15).

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I'll still pick up a broken game for $2 just for the trophies.[/QUOTE]

I seriously hate this generation of gamers sometimes.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']My entire PSN collection of 80+ games I've paid 1/5 the price for, and that's not gonna change. Not that I would buy BG&E for the full $10 (or even worse, $15).[/QUOTE]

You don't seem to have a whole lot of trophies for having 80+ games. Do you have the time to play that many games?

I have multiple accounts... migrated to the current one due to some bad choices in the past. But no, I don't play about 15% of the games we get cause they're garbage and a waste of time. But it's worth 1/5 the price to try them out to see if I'll like it. Gamesharing is more about discovery than saving money to me, so I'm okay with getting games I'd normally not want.

You can hate me all you want for going for trophies, but before this "generation" I was also getting 100% savefiles for pretty much every jRPG for the past 3 generations. If you're insinuating that I don't ~enjoy~ playing games because of the trophies... why would I do something I didn't enjoy?

Rarely do I force myself to play a game just for trophies. They just give me more incentive to play something that I wouldn't have played before. I said the above statement about BG&E because I don't hate the game, nor did I myself call it broken.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Nope. As in, lawl at XBL/PSN people paying full price for downloadable games.

[/QUOTE]

Yea I know. Why would anyone support game developers putting out games they really want to play by paying full price to play the game right away? That's so ridiculous right? Especially since downloadable games are so much more expensive than retail releases! Your mockery of people with different ideas than yours is clearly warranted!

[quote name='biledriver']Yea I know. Why would anyone support game developers putting out games they really want to play by paying full price to play the game right away? That's so ridiculous right? Especially since downloadable games are so much more expensive than retail releases! Your mockery of people with different ideas than yours is clearly warranted![/QUOTE]

Whatever makes you sleep easier at night.

XBL has some good exclusives I've paid full price for. Just my opinion that I don't think there's not much on PSN that warrants the full price. Also, for 90% of these games, it's either they get my $2 or they get nothing from me because I was never gonna buy their game anyways.

And your making these accusations of me like I don't buy games for full price/to support developers.

You mad?
new_bouncy.gif

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the only one I'd consider. The Tom Clancy PSP offerings have been pretty bad from what I've read although to be fair, the only one I've actually played was Splinter Cell Essentials. SC:Essentials could have been good if they had figured out a usable control method. One of my biggest complaints about action-y 3d games on the PSP is that no one could figure out how to get the controls to work well until (in my opinion) the last two years. As Splinter Cell came out in (I think), 2006, it suffers from some nearly unplayable controls.

R6V2 is good shooty fun although I don't know if the multiplayer still has anyone on it. Then again, at $10, a fun single player campaign might be worth the price of admission. If it matters, it does not have trophies.

Thanks for everyone's help on my GameStop psn card problem. I got an e-mail a couple hours ago saying it was ready for download with a link to my order history.

So R6V2 has no trophies for the downloaded version, does the one on disc have trophies?

Not sure why some people despise trophies and achievements so much. If you like them they are there, if you don't you can ignore them and play the game the same as if they didn't exist, so not sure why people who don't like them care so much. I'm from the old school of dropping quarters in an arcade and just being excited to have my initials in the top scores list on the machine, so trophies and achievements bring back that kind of nostalgia. They also add replay value as you try and obtain them, especially the tough ones.

People are just stupid and complain about everything

Neither version has trophies it has nothing to do with the format, the game was just never patched

I really don't care about the trophies but if the one on disc had them it might help my decision on which version to get. My next question is how much HDD space does it use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back