PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Frisky or anybody....

I'm trying to decide when to activate the month of PS+. I see what's coming up in the next few weeks in your thread Frisky. How often are there GREAT deals on GREAT games? I'd be stoked to get PS1 Final Fantasy's or even Marvel Pinball or PvZ on sale. But I don't ever recall seeing them on sale (and I don't want them for free)

I can deal with grabbing Shank now but I don't think there's anything else I'm gaga over in the next two weeks. Do wonderful things show up that are worth waiting for?

I don't think FF has ever been put on sale. PvZ's price has already been lowered since it was released. It's just a matter of if a $2 discount is worth you waiting weeks/months.

PS+ doesn't offer great deals often, but if Shank is the only thing you're after, you might as well wait until 7/1ish to activate it. No one really knows what's gonna be discounted though.

Do PS+ offers expire at the time of the PS Store updates, like regular sale prices do? I ask because I want to pick up Deathspank and (perhaps) Shank while they're discounted, but I'm in no hurry to play them at the moment. So I figured I'd wait until just after midnight on the 14th to activate my Plus trial, grab them while they're on sale, and thus extend my Plus time one day further into July. I know it seems kind of $$$$ly to worry about one extra day, but I'm going to be traveling for most of the rest of June and so I'd like to get as much July use out of the Plus trial as I can while still grabbing these sales.

[quote name='AoA']To Frisky or anybody....

I'm trying to decide when to activate the month of PS+. I see what's coming up in the next few weeks in your thread Frisky. How often are there GREAT deals on GREAT games? I'd be stoked to get PS1 Final Fantasy's or even Marvel Pinball or PvZ on sale. But I don't ever recall seeing them on sale (and I don't want them for free)

I can deal with grabbing Shank now but I don't think there's anything else I'm gaga over in the next two weeks. Do wonderful things show up that are worth waiting for?[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting until either something great comes up or the last few days PS+ is available for free. I figure Sony will have some decent deals in July to get the early activators to subscribe to PS+. Edit, maybe it would be best to subscribe just before the last June update ends. I don't keep track of the PS+ update schedule very closely, but if the last day to activate is June 30th there will be some days near the end of June and July that won't add anything.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']I'm waiting until either something great comes up or the last few days PS+ is available for free. I figure Sony will have some decent deals in July to get the early activators to subscribe to PS+. Edit, maybe it would be best to subscribe just before the last June update ends. I don't keep track of the PS+ update schedule very closely, but if the last day to activate is June 30th there will be some days near the end of June and July that won't add anything.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the date July 3rd? That's a Sunday, not that it makes a difference.

[quote name='AoA']To Frisky or anybody....

I can deal with grabbing Shank now but I don't think there's anything else I'm gaga over in the next two weeks. Do wonderful things show up that are worth waiting for?[/QUOTE]
It would be a bit subjective as far as what are great games and deals, but PS1 games that are on sale for PS+ tend to be the Sony games. PvZ is on sale right now for $9.99 for everybody.
[quote name='unless']Do PS+ offers expire at the time of the PS Store updates, like regular sale prices do? I ask because I want to pick up Deathspank and (perhaps) Shank while they're discounted, but I'm in no hurry to play them at the moment. So I figured I'd wait until just after midnight on the 14th to activate my Plus trial, grab them while they're on sale, and thus extend my Plus time one day further into July. I know it seems kind of $$$$ly to worry about one extra day, but I'm going to be traveling for most of the rest of June and so I'd like to get as much July use out of the Plus trial as I can while still grabbing these sales.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they expire when the update happens like the normal deals.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I don't think FF has ever been put on sale. PvZ's price has already been lowered since it was released. It's just a matter of if a $2 discount is worth you waiting weeks/months.

PS+ doesn't offer great deals often, but if Shank is the only thing you're after, you might as well wait until 7/1ish to activate it. No one really knows what's gonna be discounted though.[/QUOTE]

shank is on sale until 6/14 actually

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Isn't the date July 3rd? That's a Sunday, not that it makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. I must have done got confused with the 30 days of PS+.

I just picked up the Fantastic Four table for Marvel Pinball for $3. I don't remember anyone talking about it being out on psn.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah it was released with all the dlc when psn came back up.
can't wait for outland to be out also.[/QUOTE]

Outland is going to be great. I played the demo and it leaves you hanging bad.
It gives you a small taste of what is in the game.
I've seen some later levels of this game that makes it look a crazy puzzler.
Lets hope Sony keeps it a PS+ deal for $8.

[quote name='Bumslie']Outland is going to be great. I played the demo and it leaves you hanging bad.
It gives you a small taste of what is in the game.
I've seen some later levels of this game that makes it look a crazy puzzler.
Lets hope Sony keeps it a PS+ deal for $8.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was anything special, it was fun mind you though. I would def pay 8 bucks for it though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, they expire when the update happens like the normal deals.[/QUOTE]

Great. Thanks for your help.

Off topic question sorry:

I sold my ps3 earlier this year. I only downloaded one demo. Does that mean my ps3 got activated with my psn account? I googled it but I can't find any answers. Thanks in advance. I'm planning on renting a movie on psn.

If you didn't deactivate your account before you sold it (and the person you sold it to didn't either), then one activation out of 5 is still being used up.

You can still use the same account on your (new?) PS3 and everything should still work exactly the same. Was there anything specifically you were worried about?

Besides changing your password so the other person can't log in, there's no risk of having it activated on another machine. If you traded it in to GS, they ~should have~ wiped everything off the system before selling it.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']If you didn't deactivate your account before you sold it (and the person you sold it to didn't either), then one activation out of 5 is still being used up.

You can still use the same account on your (new?) PS3 and everything should still work exactly the same. Was there anything specifically you were worried about?

Besides changing your password so the other person can't log in, there's no risk of having it activated on another machine. If you traded it in to GS, they ~should have~ wiped everything off the system before selling it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. I just read earlier that only 1 activated ps3 system for watching video, so I'm kinda worried. I did format the system when I sold it though. Looks like I have to call Sony. Thanks again.

I don't think reformatting deactivates your account. It'd depend on whether you activated videos on your old machine or not. Games and videos are separate, so if you've never rented/bought anything from your old machine, it won't be activated.

But yeah, you can call Sony and they'll definitely deactivate it for you if it's just videos you're looking for.

I'm still waiting for CS lol.

"Games and videos are separate..." forgot about that. cool. looks like I can watch movies on my ps3. I only downloaded 1 demo and that's it. Never activated/deactivated it. Thanks again.

Edit: Finally talk to them. Looks like they deactivate all the system. Not just one. And takes around 24 to 48 hrs to take effect. Just a little fyi for people like lol.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I'm still waiting for CS lol.

"Games and videos are separate..." forgot about that. cool. looks like I can watch movies on my ps3. I only downloaded 1 demo and that's it. Never activated/deactivated it. Thanks again.

Edit: Finally talk to them. Looks like they deactivate all the system. Not just one. And takes around 24 to 48 hrs to take effect. Just a little fyi for people like lol.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and I think they will only do it once.

I would recommend not wasting your one time for a single machine.

I have friends whose machines died and they were on their 5th activation. Without a reset by Sony, they would have lost their account permanently.

FYI for anyone wanting to use PSN cards exclusively now: Best Buy has $10 PSN cards so you have a choice in denomination besides $20 and $50.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Anyone know when Final Fantasy VI is coming to PSN? I heard it is coming, any news? [/QUOTE]

How about FFIV for that matter. I have not heard anything, but would really love to get it!

[quote name='Cameron4All']How about FFIV for that matter. I have not heard anything, but would really love to get it![/QUOTE]

FFIv is on the PSN! but only for the PSP, in the Complete Collection edition.

None of the PS1 games have been given release date. For those wondering about Parasite Eve 2, it hasn't even been rated by the ESRB, so it's not coming as far as we know right now.

Noticed the ad on the PS Store for the Super Street Fighter IV DLC Bundle that said it includes 10 8-bit SF avatars.

[quote name='Cameron4All']How about FFIV for that matter. I have not heard anything, but would really love to get it![/QUOTE]

I think FFIV is coming along with Chrono Trigger when Final Fantasy Chronicles gets put up onto PSN. I don't know if they plan on separating the games or bundling them together but yeah.

[quote name='illmatic21']I think FFIV is coming along with Chrono Trigger when Final Fantasy Chronicles gets put up onto PSN. I don't know if they plan on separating the games or bundling them together but yeah.[/QUOTE]
It'll probably be separate since FFIV hasn't been rated yet, only Chrono Trigger, FFV, and FFVI. I'd take a guess and point at the Complete Collection for the reason that we won't see the PS1 version coming soon.

That would be awesome if chrono trigger and ff6 has trophies. i know they won't tho if they are ps ports. im still dreaming of ff7/xenogears/vagrant story/castlevania sotn/etc with trophies ;)

[quote name='Velo214']That would be awesome if chrono trigger and ff6 has trophies. i know they won't tho if they are ps ports. im still dreaming of ff7/xenogears/vagrant story/castlevania sotn/etc with trophies ;)[/QUOTE]

that would be nice
although I would add ff5, mgs and tomba to that list

[quote name='Outrun9']How is the BC2 Vietnam community? Do people still play it?[/QUOTE]

Good and yes. Just got done playing and easily found a full game. I was surprised that I was even able to join Squad Death Match on Hardcore mode with people playing. The good thing about the Battlefield community is you can still find people playing even there older games.

Quick question.

Was the SSF4 Costume Bundle (The 8.99 one), An E3 sale? Or is it the permanent new price. (Like how the SF4 bundle is only like 5.99).

Scratch that, i guess it is a sale :(. Didnt want to have to buy it yet

And nope, Tomba is sadly not on PSN :(. (Been waiting for that one for years)

So upset I missed the Dragon's Lair sale. It couldn't have possibly been on sale for a whole week. Maybe someday I'll be able to play it for trophies. I guess I could pop the Blu Ray in my PS3 if I get desperate.

AC2 is back to 19.99, should of bought it last night.. had my finger on the trigger but ended up getting the L.A Noire pass instead.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Did not think so...but disappointing none the less.[/QUOTE]

I want to say the original disc doesn't run on PS3 either. I know it didn't on PS2 and I seem to remember trying it when I first got my PS3. Ill have to find my copy and give it a try...

Update for 6/14/2011
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/14/playstation-store-update-191/
Note that there is NO ps+ discount for Outland.

PlayStation Plus

Full Game Trial

Midnight Club Los Angeles: Complete Edition

Featured Games & DLC

Streets of Rage 2 (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

Discounted Games

Braid (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $9.99)
Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 – 20% Discount (PlayStation Plus price $7.99, regular price $9.99)
MicroBot (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
Spare Parts (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
The Fancy Pants Adventures (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
Cuboid (PlayStation Plus price now $7.99, regular price $9.99)
Smash Cars (PlayStation Plus price now $11.99, regular price $14.99)
Magic Orbz (PlayStation Plus price now $3.99, regular price $4.99)

Updates

Rock Band 3 – Johnny Cash Pack 01 – Sale (PS3) (now $8.99, original price $13.49)
Rock Band: Alt Country Pack 01 – Sale (PS3) (now $5.49, original price $8.49)
Rock Band: Going Country Pack 01 – Sale (PS3) (now $5.49, original price $8.49)
Rock Band: ‘Going Country Pack 02′ – Sale (PS3) (now $7.99, original price $10.99)
Rock Band: Going Country Pack 03 – Sale (PS3) (now $5.49, original price $8.49)
Rock Band: Roy Orbison Track Pack 01 – Sale (PS3) (now $6.49, original price $9.99)
1942: Joint Strike – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Magic Orbz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Dynogems – Minis – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $1.99)

Downloadable Games

Akimi Village ($9.99)
Get swept away to a mysterious, floating island in the sky in Akimi Village, a city-building game from NinjaBee! Help the tiny Akimi build their village and spread light to free their island from the grip of the Gloom’s thick shadow. Put the cheerful villagers to work harvesting and refining resources. Unlock blueprints and piece together dozens of unique buildings! Purify the island, defeat the Gloom and build a beautiful living city!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 262 MB

Greg Hastings Paintball 2 – ($19.99)
Dive into authentic paintball action from Greg Hastings–the #1 name in the sport. Create an unstoppable team of real players, load up on revolutionary new gear and guns, and brave the unpredictable elements in 62 massive fields based on real locations around the world. This is real paintball combat, intensified with PlayStation Move motion controller support for precision hits and 7 vs 7 online play!
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 1008 MB

Midnight Club Los Angeles: Complete Edition ($19.99)
The originator of open world street racing is back and bigger than ever. Race the hottest, fully customizable real world cars and superbikes day to night across stunning real-world L.A. Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete Edition makes L.A. even bigger adding the iconic South Central area plus new vehicles, aftermarket parts, music and races including delivery missions, red-light races, and all-new battle maps for when it’s time to race online.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 5.1 GB

Outland – ($9.99)
In the middle of Balance and Chaos, now stands one man whose efforts may bridge the ancient divide, or doom the world to destruction. The award-winning studio Housemarque, maker of Super Stardust HD, has teamed up with Ubisoft to create an ambitious platformer. Each player’s adventure will take him between light and darkness and force him to adapt to an ever-changing world. SPECIAL OFFER: Free Avatar with purchase now through May 3, 2011.
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 1.17 GB

Magic The Gathering: Duels Of The Planeswalkers 2012 ($9.99)
All-new, Magic: The Gathering — Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 lets you face off against the AI, or gather your allies for the new multiplayer format: Archenemy, where you team up to take down a boss. Choose from among ten unique decks, which you can customize. As you progress in the game, you can enhance your deck by swapping in new, unlockable cards! Gather your allies. A challenge awaits.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 695 MB

Bundles

echochrome ii – Music + Game Bundle ($14.99)
In celebration of them music from echochrome ii, being accepted into the Guinness Book of World Records, we have a special offer featuring both the game and the musical score for a limited time at $14.99. echochrome ii introduces a new take on the puzzle genre that lets players use their imagination to solve puzzles by controlling light and shadows!
ESRB Rated: E
File size: 597 MB

[quote name='Brother Daz']I think I may finally activate my month of PS+ and grab braid for $2.50[/QUOTE]

I'm probably gonna grab Braid too, but its $3.75 (reg. $14.99)

The new deals for this week:

PS3
1942: Joint Strike - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
echochrome ii Music + Game Bundle - $14.99
Magic Orbz - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

Minis
Dynogems - PSP/PS3 - $1.49 - Temporary Sale

Add-ons
Rock Band - Alt Country Pack 1 - $5.49 - Temporary Sale
Rock Band - Going Country Pack 1 - $5.49 - Temporary Sale
Rock Band - Going Country Pack 2 - $7.49 - Temporary Sale
Rock Band - Going Country Pack 3 - $6.49 - Temporary Sale
Rock Band - Roy Orbison Pack 1 - $6.49 - Temporary Sale
Rock Band 3 - Johnny Cash Pack 1 - $8.99 - Temporary Sale

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Braid - $3.75 - Expires 6/21
The Fancy Pants Adventures - $5.00 - Expires 6/21
Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - $7.99
Magic Orbz - $3.99
Microbot - $5.00 - Expires 6/21
Spare Parts - $5.00 - Expires 6/21

They've actually overhauled the Special Offers section of new releases to show which games are on sale for 30%, 50%, or more and price drops. Outland also includes an avatar with purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back