PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ElmoHamilton']Am i the only one thats kinda bummed that the Burnout download unlocks all the cars from the start :/[/QUOTE]
Actually it doesn't. It comes with a seperate 100kb download called the time saver pack that does it and is completely optional.

I am not going to download that because I feel like it would take some of the fun out for me.

You've have to delete the file in Game Data Utility if you've already installed it and redownload the other packs you've purchased, which shouldn't take long since they're 100 kb files.

Ikari Warriors will be mine. I hope they map the controls well - left analog to move, right for gun direction, and shoulder buttons for shooting and grenades would be awesome.

Is Burnout more enjoyable with all the cars unlocked? I don't know if I should buy it through PSN, or just get it through Goozex.

Also, any recommendations for Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins?

Is Power Stone worth it if I can only play single player?

Thanks in advance.

^its more fun with the toy cars. The wreck like hotwheels, and just bounce off of walls. It's cool because you don't have to go through that annoying crashing slomo and car reset sequence.

wow big sale. that's awesome. i will get the 1/2 i didn't already buy. my rule for last few months is don't buy anything full price on psn and it has served me well :)

also just spent $21 on nfs hp and burnout paradise. i wish i hadnt got big surf for full price, but all this content is sweet. $15 for all nfs hp is still alot, but don't see it getting cheaper for at least another year. thanx friskytanuki!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So wait, I have to download the game and then download a large fucking update.

Oh fuck you Sony. Plus this is one of those no download in the background deals right?

How big are the updates?

Also please, buy Borderlands already. $15 for this game is a highway robbery.[/QUOTE]
Ain't it great to have a patch/update to download as soon as ya put a game in your system or go to start it? I was annoyed by that with Dead Nation and I think Super Stardust HD from the WB program.

As for Borderlands, I had it, I hated it, I gave it to my buddy to play/beat it and then I traded it and got my money back on it.

There's very few FPS games I'll actually play as far too many of them take themselves far too serious or are the same storyline/premise just about (zombies, aliens, WWII). Only FPS I've enjoyed in years was Bioshock, yet I couldn't get myself to even finish a decent sized portion of Bioshock 2. I guess the 'newness' of the surroundings and story wore off on me.

Have not made a Live purchase in almost forever...Sony is getting my money with these darn good deals. Getting that Back to the Future...well maybe depending on how bad it is and Borderlands.

[quote name='Stimes']I'm a little confused on the Borderlands bundle, why is it $20 for PS+ and $15 for normal deals? Are the bundles the same?[/QUOTE]
It's $15 for PS+ and $20 for normal people. They're the same, just cheaper for PS+ people.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ain't it great to have a patch/update to download as soon as ya put a game in your system or go to start it? I was annoyed by that with Dead Nation and I think Super Stardust HD from the WB program.

As for Borderlands, I had it, I hated it, I gave it to my buddy to play/beat it and then I traded it and got my money back on it.

There's very few FPS games I'll actually play as far too many of them take themselves far too serious or are the same storyline/premise just about (zombies, aliens, WWII). Only FPS I've enjoyed in years was Bioshock, yet I couldn't get myself to even finish a decent sized portion of Bioshock 2. I guess the 'newness' of the surroundings and story wore off on me.[/QUOTE]
http://www.criteriongames.com/packs/cagney.php
http://www.criteriongames.com/packs/bikes.php
http://www.criteriongames.com/packs/trophies.php

These are terrible reasons to update a game, right? Nobody wants free content that completely overhauls a game and adds new features.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/07/psn-summer-sale-2011-30-off-11-games/

We've got a big sale next week:

Swarm (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)[/QUOTE]

I'll say the same thing I said in the dedicated Summer Sale thread:

This price for Swarm is wrong. I know it says that on the PS Blog but I just downloaded the Swarm Demo to check out the game and I noticed that the full game is priced at $14.99.

At last, Scott Pilgrim on sale, and at a greater discount due to the free 30 days of PS+! It and Pac-Man will be immediate purchases for me.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I'll say the same thing I said in the dedicated Summer Sale thread:

This price for Swarm is wrong. I know it says that on the PS Blog but I just downloaded the Swarm Demo to check out the game and I noticed that the full game is priced at $14.99.[/QUOTE]
Fixed it in the OP. Thanks for pointing that out.

Will the 49.99 12 month sub also need tax or can I just get a 50 dollar ps card and just buy it with that?

[quote name='Reo 15x']Will the 49.99 12 month sub also need tax or can I just get a 50 dollar ps card and just buy it with that?[/QUOTE]

Just buy it directly in the PSN store to make sure you get the 3 bonus months with a $50 card. I think the PS+ cards you can buy for 12 months don't include the bonus months. Also certain people get taxed depending on what state they live in.

Anyone know why I can't just charge 1.99 right to my credit card without having to add a minimum of 5 bucks to my wallet? I was able to charge 7.99 directly to my card the day before. What gives?

[quote name='GAMESHARQ']Still no sale on Planet Minigolf? I really want that game, but not for $9.99.[/QUOTE]
It's well worth the $10 price though, though it does get repetitive when you're trying to figure out the right angle(s) to get the ball to the green.:cry:

[quote name='jacknicklson']They stopped taxing me as of last night
Pleasant surprise[/QUOTE]

I used to pay taxes on PS Store purchase, but not anymore. I went through my transaction history and saw I was taxed on a purchase from 1/11 and then my next purchase on 3/04 was not taxed. I'm not sure what changed between that time, but I'm not complaining.

What kinda fun lil games does the PS Store have for $5 or less? I just bought the 2 year extended warranty for $45 and I have $5 n change left from the card.

I'd like something that's LESS than $5 ideally, since I don't trust Sony with my cc/debit card info.

[quote name='JJSP']You mean to tell me that there are people in this thread who don't "live" in Oregon?[/QUOTE]

or california lol.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What kinda fun lil games does the PS Store have for $5 or less? I just bought the 2 year extended warranty for $45 and I have $5 n change left from the card.

I'd like something that's LESS than $5 ideally, since I don't trust Sony with my cc/debit card info.[/QUOTE]
That loco roco game was under $5 and pretty neat.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

I kinda wish my PS+ didn't expire on the 10th of July, since I'd probably pick up Pixeljunk Shooter 2 for $5 from that sale.:cry:

What was the name of that one shadowy looking game that just released on PSN/XBL? I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

EDIT: Nevermind. It hasn't released yet. It's called Limbo. Of course it'll probably be $9.99-$14.99 when it releases.:whistle2:#

[quote name='lokizz']or california lol.[/QUOTE]
According to Gamestop.com, I live in Astoria, OR. Goonies never say die...or pay sales tax on PSN cards.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thanks. I'll look into it.

I kinda wish my PS+ didn't expire on the 10th of July, since I'd probably pick up Pixeljunk Shooter 2 for $5 from that sale.:cry:

What was the name of that one shadowy looking game that just released on PSN/XBL? I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

EDIT: Nevermind. It hasn't released yet. It's called Limbo. Of course it'll probably be $9.99-$14.99 when it releases.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

It's $15. It came out on XBL a while ago.

i just picked up ultimate ghouls and ghosts to see if the tax would be added and it wasnt. i guess psn is back to being tax free. astoria oregon is very nice its one of the first places i went to when i took trip to oregon ( had to see the goonies spots) the next was the oregon vortex.

[quote name='JJSP']According to Gamestop.com, I live in Astoria, OR. Goonies never say die...or pay sales tax on PSN cards.[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!! I secretly live there too....if you try to come to my house it is booty trapped. Oh, I mean booby trapped. :)

has any of the final fantasy's ever went on sale ? looking to play through 8 and 9 again, have all 7- 9 blacklabel :D just wanna play them on my psp

[quote name='officerrickyross222']has any of the final fantasy's ever went on sale ? looking to play through 8 and 9 again, have all 7- 9 blacklabel :D just wanna play them on my psp[/QUOTE]
No, they've never been on sale.

I can't decide on Burnout still. I guess a disc release with all of the DLC is not likely since the game is from like 2008? Has EA ever done a compilation when re-releasing a game as a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits?

[quote name='imacgod']I can't decide on Burnout still. I guess a disc release with all of the DLC is not likely since the game is from like 2008? Has EA ever done a compilation when re-releasing a game as a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits?[/QUOTE]Stop thinking about it and just buy it! You're not going find a deal like this again soon.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Stop thinking about it and just buy it! You're not going find a deal like this again soon.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great idea.... buying :eek:

[quote name='imacgod']I can't decide on Burnout still. I guess a disc release with all of the DLC is not likely since the game is from like 2008? Has EA ever done a compilation when re-releasing a game as a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits?[/QUOTE]
The best content (burnout bundle + big surf island) is $11. The good content (burnout bundle + big surf island + toy car + legendary) is $15.
All the content (including the meh and crappy) is $19. Even if by some miracle they did release it, there's no way it would be for less than $20. Just buy it, you're going to be kicking yourself if you miss out on it.

So I'm playing through all the demos for the games on sale and one of them really impressed me more than I expected it to. Of course I'm talking about Back to the Future. My question is, though, is this a single playthrough game? The demo doesn't go far enough to see if there would be any variance in multiple playthroughs.

If you don't know what I mean I can point out Blue Toad Murder Files as being a really obvious single playthrough game. The killer is the same killer every time you play it and the mini games don't even change in the slightest. I guess I just mean does the game have no real replay value, because I certainly won't pay money for Blue Toad and the demo for Back to the Future left me with the impression that it'll be just like that?

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']So I'm playing through all the demos for the games on sale and one of them really impressed me more than I expected it to. Of course I'm talking about Back to the Future. My question is, though, is this a single playthrough game? The demo doesn't go far enough to see if there would be any variance in multiple playthroughs.

If you don't know what I mean I can point out Blue Toad Murder Files as being a really obvious single playthrough game. The killer is the same killer every time you play it and the mini games don't even change in the slightest. I guess I just mean does the game have no real replay value, because I certainly won't pay money for Blue Toad and the demo for Back to the Future left me with the impression that it'll be just like that?[/QUOTE]

While there are small variances in dialogue trees, yeah, BttF is a once-playthrough game. Though, I'll be honest, I've played through the opening episode a couple times. It's enjoyable still.

With BttF, just think of it as rewatching the Trilogy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back