PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Nice just DL'd PvZ, Altered Beast and Astro Tripper all for free. I'm really glad I picked up a + subscription. Its definitely paying for itself.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I grabbed it for the discount on the Play promotion and now with these free games and the RE discounts it's basically paid for itself in the first two months.

I haven't gotten anything of value out of my XBL sub in the last two months, the Summer of Arcade promotion was nice but not as good as the Play for me. And if you didn't have Kinect the SoA promotion was worthless.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Man, Altered Beast sucks.[/QUOTE]

Eh...it's more of an acquired taste. The arcade version is better in my opinion.

Just noticed a Mini called "i Must Run" for free. (plus Only)

I can only find if by going to Playstation Plus>games>free>

I didnt see it anywhere else, or posted here.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']PvZ is easily one of the best freebies they've had.
[/QUOTE]

I still think Sam and Max collection was the best freebie they've ever offered.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Does RE4 HD have Move support? Google hasn't given me anything concrete so that's probably a no. Seems like a total missed opportunity there/Quick cash in[/QUOTE]

This and 3D support. I'd love both but I'm not holding my breath. Sony should be making this stuff mandatory on these HD remakes. Instead they're all over the place Sly Cooper gets it but God of War 1 & 2 don't but then the remakes of the PSP versions of God of War do. Which looks absolutely incredible in 3D I must say. I can't wait for Ico/SotC and House of the Dead: Overkill.

[quote name='hollowfreak']This and 3D support. I'd love both but I'm not holding my breath. Sony should be making this stuff mandatory on these HD remakes. Instead they're all over the place Sly Cooper gets it but God of War 1 & 2 don't but then the remakes of the PSP versions of God of War do. Which looks absolutely incredible in 3D I must say. I can't wait for Ico/SotC and House of the Dead: Overkill.[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair, I think the God of War collection came out before Sony really started rolling out their 3D games. I believe it was the first PS2 HD collection released, and was really done to get more people on board for GOW III the following year.

[quote name='Jam Of Truth']Eh...it's more of an acquired taste. The arcade version is better in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Nah, id say him saying it sucks was even being kind. That game was a flaming turd when it was released....now its...well im not sure what tops a flaming turd.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Nah, id say him saying it sucks was even being kind. That game was a flaming turd when it was released....now its...well im not sure what tops a flaming turd.[/QUOTE]

two flaming turds glued together?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Nah, id say him saying it sucks was even being kind. That game was a flaming turd when it was released....now its...well im not sure what tops a flaming turd.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I remember playing this on my Genesis back in the day. I couldnt beleive how bad it was even then.

For the record I am loving my PS+ sub. I have gotten way more than the $3.33 or so per month it cost me. Some months are slow and then bam, they give away some solid stuff along with solid bonuses and sales.

Why, whipped cream and a cherry, of course!
All delicatly layered on the top of a cartridge of E.T.: The Video Game for the Atari 2600.
It's called "2 Games 1 Cup"
:puke:

[quote name='Kenshindono']Back to the future and other free stuff.. is that for playstation plus only?[/QUOTE]
No. I don't list the free PS+ stuff in the OP and Back to the Future/Blue Toad Murder Files are listed under the normal PSN deals.

has anyone been playing the AC:R beta? I played the crap out of AC:B's multiplayer so I'm actually enjoying this perk.

Also, I played through Altered Beast this morning and enjoyed it. Super Bear ball attack!

I just started playing AC:R. It's similar to Brotherhood though I only played in the beta for that. They changed the GUI and characters but it's the same object of finding the person and avoiding your pursuer. Only played for about 20 minutes but it seemed a bit easier to stun people and get away compared to Brotherhood. Though at the same time the new interface made it feel harder to find the person you're pursuing. I guess I just have to adjust

[quote name='spacebooger']I can only find the Back to the Future bundle and demo... where is the free full episode 1?[/QUOTE]
New Releases > Special Offers

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No. I don't list the free PS+ stuff in the OP and Back to the Future/Blue Toad Murder Files are listed under the normal PSN deals.[/QUOTE]

Why not list the free PS+ stuff in the OP? Takes 2 seconds to add and shows the whole picture. Free = a deal.

[quote name='bg2001']Why not list the free PS+ stuff in the OP? Takes 2 seconds to add and shows the whole picture. Free = a deal.[/QUOTE]
It's not a deal. You have to stay a subscriber to keep access to them, while everything else in the OP is yours to keep forever. It's not a matter of me being lazy, but that I, and others, don't think they're deals that belong in the OP. You're free to discuss all of that stuff though.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']How long is plants vs zombies free? Want to redeem my 3 months as late as possible in the month.[/QUOTE]

Yes I also want to know this, when is the last day to get Plamts vs Zombies for free?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's not a deal. You have to stay a subscriber to keep access to them, while everything else in the OP is yours to keep forever. It's not a matter of me being lazy, but that I, and others, don't think they're deals that belong in the OP. You're free to discuss all of that stuff though.[/QUOTE]

It is your thread, but the free PS+ games are relevant information. I, like many others, would have bought PS+ when Stacking was free.

I'm sure lots of other people would buy PS+ now that PvZ is free.

I'd create a PS+ free game thread but it would just get merged into this thread.

Anyone else agree with me or do you like the status quo in this thread?

Superstars V8 Racing gets a huge sale for PS+ members starting today:
Superstars V8 Racing will be sold at a discounted price for two weeks starting September 13- 27, 2011. O-Games will reward PlayStation®Network Plus users with a very low price of $2.25, which is over 75% off the current price! PlayStation®Network Standard users will also benefit from special pricing at $7.49, 25% off the current price.

[quote name='bg2001']It is your thread, but the free PS+ games are relevant information. I, like many others, would have bought PS+ when Stacking was free.

I'd create a PS+ free game thread but it would just get merged into this thread.

Anyone else agree with me or do you like the status quo in this thread?[/QUOTE]

You should be aware of this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180647. It's very similar to this one but only includes info about the actual deals in PSN (i.e. no Amazon, etc) but also includes all the free PS Plus stuff. It also has non-deal stuff like new demos, game trailers, etc.

[quote name='Boty_27']Yes I also want to know this, when is the last day to get Plamts vs Zombies for free?[/QUOTE] Pretty sure Plants vs. Zombies is the big PS+ freebie this month. And I think it should be free to download until the end of the month. I wouldn't push my luck though, you should probably download it before the last Tuesday of this month.

[quote name='bg2001']It is your thread, but the free PS+ games are relevant information. I, like many others, would have bought PS+ when Stacking was free.

Anyone else agree with me or do you like the status quo in this thread?[/QUOTE]
I'm not opposed to having them there, but the general CAG consensus has been that the "free" games are not really deals. If I see enough demand for the free stuff to be posted in the OP, I'll add them.

I'd say you should add the Plus info too. I honestly don't think it's hurting anyone to have them there and it'll be helpful to have it all in this one thread.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not opposed to having them there, but the general CAG consensus has been that the "free" games are not really deals. If I see enough demand for the free stuff to be posted in the OP, I'll add them.[/QUOTE]

*cough* gargus...

The deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Hamsterball - $4.99
Superstars V8 Racing - $7.49 - Expires 9/27
Voodoo Dice - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Minis
Alien Zombie Death - $0.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PSP
Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings Legacy - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - $19.99, original price $39.99)
Star Wars: Battlefront II - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Star Wars: Battlefront: Elite Squadron - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Thrillville: Off The Rails - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Add-ons
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Apprentice Mission Pack - $4.99 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Character Pack 1 - $2.49 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Character Pack 2 - $2.49 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Hoth Mission - $4.99 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Tatooine Mission Pack - $4.99 - Expires 9/20

PlayStation Plus

PS3
From Dust - $11.99
Hamsterball - $3.99
Superstars V8 Racing - $2.25 - Expires 9/27

PSP
Star Wars: Battlefront II - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - $2.50 - Expires 9/20

Add-ons
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Premiere Pack Bundle - $1.04
Section 8: Prejudice - Frontier Colonies Map Pack - $2.00
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Apprentice Mission Pack - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Character Pack 1 - $1.25 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Character Pack 2 - $1.25 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Hoth Mission - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Tatooine Mission Pack - $2.50 - Expires 9/20

[quote name='Backlash']You should be aware of this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180647. It's very similar to this one but only includes info about the actual deals in PSN (i.e. no Amazon, etc) but also includes all the free PS Plus stuff. It also has non-deal stuff like new demos, game trailers, etc.[/QUOTE]

Well that's weird. Why do we need two threads. The other one is much more useful. It could just add the amazon/other store deals.

Tanuki - don't get me wrong - I think you are doing an awesome job maintaining these threads and you are making a really great contribution to CAG. I'm just suggesting some changes.

I'll quit harping as of now and just leave it at a big (!) thank you for your contributions.

[quote name='bg2001']Well that's weird. Why do we need two threads. The other one is much more useful. It could just add the amazon/other store deals.

Tanuki - don't get me wrong - I think you are doing an awesome job maintaining these threads and you are making a really great contribution to CAG. I'm just suggesting some changes.

I'll quit harping as of now and just leave it at a big (!) thank you for your contributions.[/QUOTE]
Because that thread is in the PS3 forum and covers everything that comes out each week. This is the Deals forum, so it's only concerned about the deals.

Can someone convince me to not buy From Dust pretty please? I want to hang on to my virtual monies until RE4 drops, but From Dust seems so ... interesting...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Superstars V8 Racing gets a huge sale for PS+ members starting today:[/QUOTE]

That price is just absurd. Wanted this for awhile now, so glad I waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back