PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lukewin']Got an email saying my $10 credit is available about 30 minutes ago. Already made my purchases for stuff this week, so I'll hold off til next week to use it. It says it expires December 7, 2011.[/QUOTE]
Got two of mine as well. Still waiting on one, though. :/

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Got an email the email as well, but when I log into PSN no message is there. Anyone else get the PSN message yet?[/QUOTE]
I got mine this morning as well. Email and message to redeem. I redeemed it and re-upped my PS+ to get the free Jurassic Park game. I'm glad I just upgraded my HD to 750 GB, my 120 was running out of space.

[quote name='gravel']I got mine this morning as well. Email and message to redeem. I redeemed it and re-upped my PS+ to get the free Jurassic Park game. I'm glad I just upgraded my HD to 750 GB, my 120 was running out of space.[/QUOTE]

What the heck. I got the email at 3AM, but I still have not gotten a PSN msg that I can redeem for the $10.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']What the heck. I got the email at 3AM, but I still have not gotten a PSN msg that I can redeem for the $10.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I got the email and hadn't even realized I spend $60 last month...how bad is that?

[quote name='dark-star']Hey, I got the email and hadn't even realized I spend $60 last month...how bad is that?[/QUOTE]

Not as bad as actually knowing you spent $60 and not getting the $10 (yet).

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Dezaemon Kids! is also part of this week's release as a PSOne game. I own the actual Japanese CD release and it's awesome. I think, depsite the misleading name, that it is superior to Dezaemon Plus since the creation tools are easier to understand, there are horizontal shooting stages versus just vertical in DP, and much more overall polish. There are also 100+ handmade games included in the second "disk" which I think is also included with this PSOne release.

Even if you don't make a game you're still getting a lot of value for your money. I remember enjoying quite a few of the handmade games and was surprised at the level of ingenuity people used.

Note that the game is still in Japanese but you can pretty much figure out how to navigate the menus if you mess around. Usually MonkeyPaw Games has a menu translation guide on their site for such a release but I don't see one at the moment. There may be one built-in if you hover over the game listing then press the Triangle button. I'd buy the game to check but MediaGo is acting weird on me and my PSP doesn't like my new router security settings :p

Anyway, I totally recommend this game. It's really one of the neat gems in my Japanese PS collection and I'm glad MonkeyPaw Games released it in NA.[/QUOTE]

That sounds fucking amazing. If only there was a way to share levels. I just bought this. Since I can just copy PS1 saves to a USB drive, I can share it.

[quote name='D0RC']I have like 17gb of free space but DCUniverse is telling me I need 6880mb so it can download? Huh?[/QUOTE]Perhaps it's suggesting you won't have enough free space once you try to install the game. Doing a quick search it looks like people are saying you need at least 20 gigs to get things running. Some are saying you'll need even more space.

[quote name='Velo214']hmm i havent got an email or a message, and I spent $65+. i guess just a waiting game.[/QUOTE]

Same here.. I spent $68 and haven't received a message or email yet.

Argh... I just bought Phantasy Star Portable 2 last week for 20 bucks because it was "on sale" and I needed to make the $60 cut off. It's like losing half of my 10 dollar bonus... :(

[quote name='fujishig']Argh... I just bought Phantasy Star Portable 2 last week for 20 bucks because it was "on sale" and I needed to make the $60 cut off. It's like losing half of my 10 dollar bonus... :([/QUOTE]

I know how you feel, I did the same. I probably wouldn't have bought anything else to make it past $60 though, cuz there was nothing else I wanted..

I just hope I get the $10, I don't know how reliable Sony is with these types of promos.

Well I tried a few of the games on Dezaemon Kids! Basically it's 102 shmups for $6 and that's not including the editor I didn't even lay a finger on yet. Ok sure these games may not be the best ever and are limited to I think 6 levels per game, but hell it's 102 shmups for $6.

Great deal and a great package, glad I bought it because now I have to go through every game :lol:

If anyone's interested, it looks like the $3 PSN credit (for 3240 points) is back in stock at the poweruprewards site from Gamestop. Good way to burn leftover points. If you have over 10,000 points it's probably better to get the $10 off any one gamestop purchase to spend on a card. Carry on!

Got a free male + female destructoid t-shirt from playstation home. The code is limited to 1 million redemptions.

Here you go:
G3DD-NJNH-ABMD

[quote name='PublikDefender']Got a free male + female destructoid t-shirt from playstation home. The code is limited to 1 million redemptions.

Here you go:
G3DD-NJNH-ABMD[/QUOTE]

Thanks, redeemed it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...3-and-psp-game-content-on-playstation-network

Looks like Sony is making a big change to gamesharing:
We’d like to inform you of some upcoming changes to the usage policies for PlayStation Network game content. As of November 18, 2011, the number of devices that can be activated on one PlayStation Network account for game content purchased from the PlayStation Store will be updated as follows:

For game content purchased after November 18, 2011, a new policy will apply and the number of devices that can be activated will be as follows:

PS3: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PS3 systems.
PSP: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PSP systems.

Please note that this update will not affect game content purchased before November 18. The PSP rights include PSP-1000/2000/3000 series as well as the PSPgo system.

PlayStation Network users are able to change the activation setting through each device, and Sony Computer Entertainment plans to provide a new PlayStation Network account management website where users will be able to deactivate particular devices attached to their PlayStation Network account via their PC.

For more details on how to activate/deactivate the devices, please visit here or contact consumer services.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...tation-network/comment-page-1/#comment-663844
The content you purchased before November 18th will not be affected, so you will still be able to play those games on your PS3s as you do today. After November 18th, the first two devices you use with the new purchased content will be your active devices, and each new piece of game content you purchase will work on those two systems. If you want to change those systems, you can do so via “account management” on each device.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...tation-network/comment-page-2/#comment-663869
If you get a Vita, it will count toward your portable allotment of 2 devices across PSP, PSPgo and Vita.
There is the ability to manage your devices via the devices themselves or via the new function on the website, which is coming soon.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...tation-network/comment-page-2/#comment-663888
A new feature on our website, coming soon, will allow you to deactivate all your systems, including ones you that are no longer working. Your working PS3 can be activated/deactivated via the system itself under “account management.”
I don't really gameshare, but the ability to deactivate systems from the website will be big for people with dead systems.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...3-and-psp-game-content-on-playstation-network

Looks like Sony is making a big change to gamesharing:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...tation-network/comment-page-1/#comment-663844

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...tation-network/comment-page-2/#comment-663869

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...tation-network/comment-page-2/#comment-663888

I don't really gameshare, but the ability to deactivate systems from the website will be big for people with dead systems.[/QUOTE]

Any improvement to the web presence for psn would be welcomed - one thing I feel MS did right is being able to do many things via the xbox website (queue downloads, redeem codes, etc). I'm sure this is a drag for the gamesharers however, although also not being in to that scene I'd be interested in knowing how much of a drag...

I only recently found out about the change from 5 activated systems to 3, and now they're reducing it again? Did the same terms apply last time they did this, re: content purchased before X date can still be activated on 5 systems, or was it a global reduction to 3?

I was always willing to pick up just about any multiplayer PSN title that was on sale knowing I'd at least have friends/family to share and play with, since I'm the only that buys downloadable content. Now I'm gonna have to be a lot more selective about what I purchase, not really sure why they think they're gonna see an increase in sales by slowly phasing out gamesharing... Hell, half the games I bought I never would've even considered if it weren't for gamesharing.

Damn organized gameshare groups ruining a good feature for everyone. I think a better compromise would be to leave it at up to 4-5 activations and just implement limitations on a per-game basis like Capcom did with Final Fight. Leave it up to the developer/publisher.

EDIT: Wait, is the current limit 5 systems? I could have sworn they already reduced it to 3 a while ago?

It annoys me a bit. I have 2 Vitas preordered, and a PSP, which I'm sure I'll keep for UMD games. Basically, they just told me I can't own all three.

I also have 2 PS3s, so I guessi wont ever buy a third.

I never gameshared either, btw.

Oh ok, I've already been under the assumption that it was 3 now instead of 5 cause someone on this forum had said something about it a little while ago, and there were a bunch of articles about it at the time.

But now the only thing I can find on Google is this:
http://www.nextgn.com/2009/11/25/sony-limit-game-sharing-to-only-3-consoles-instead-of-5/

And in the comments there was an addendum saying it was just a typo... so I've been misinformed this whole time lol.

Well at least all the games we already own will be unaffected. They're definitely gonna have to start having much better sales for me to continue buying PSN content though, or I'll be limiting my purchases to 2 player co-op titles.

Meh, this is only going to hurt them in the end. One of the few benefits that I had was being able to perhaps share some of the games with my brother (already have 2 ps3 of my own).
So, now, whenever given the choice I'll buy the xbla version of the game. Simply because live cards can usually be found for $16-17 or $40-$42 for the larger points. PSN cards are usually never on Sale.

Yes, I've gameshared. But to be honest, I would've never picked up about 50% of the things I bought had it not been through gamesharing. So, instead of getting a few dollars, now they'll get nothing.

The only benefit to this, is that now they're giving you the power to activate or deactivate your ID/systems without having to speak to some idiot on the phone. To this date, my main account is tied to a dead console as well as my active ones. I once thought about trying their video offerings (again inferior to a mature xbla), but just thinking about speaking to some ignorant person on the phone about deactivating my dead console made me change my mind.

Thank god I will finally have a way to delete my old PS3 that died without having to call in and get them to do it for me

Pretty sure this was purely pushed by Publishers/Developers. Especially after Capcom did the "Well screw you Sony, we will use Always Online DRM on our digital games!"

I knew Sony was gonna address this issue after lots of complaints from Gamers about this particular DRM since it rendered your games useless if played offline.

Sucks though that this was the only resolution that could be found. Kept the existing 5 per consoles, and watch as more Always Online DRM crop up in the future. Or reduce the number that Publishers/Developers agree on, and piss off consumers who shares a lot/owns multiple consoles.

The gameshare thing... meh. I shared some things with a couple family members, but that's it. The whole buying shares thing always seemed a little shady and back-alley to me. I took a peek into the gameshare thread to see how they were taking it and wow... One person compared it to Pearl Harbor, yep...

Still waiting on my email from Sony for the $10 credit, Sackboy Drake is dying to be bought.

[quote name='Zerok']The gameshare thing... meh. I shared some things with a couple family members, but that's it. The whole buying shares thing always seemed a little shady and back-alley to me. I took a peek into the gameshare thread to see how they were taking it and wow... One person compared it to Pearl Harbor, yep...

Still waiting on my email from Sony for the $10 credit, Sackboy Drake is dying to be bought.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received a message or email for the $10 credit either, getting worried. I have a feeling I'm going to have to contact Sony's customer service on the 15th. People have been gamesharing for years, so it's making a huge impact. Sony obviously knew this and didn't want to totally fuck them over which is why any purchases made before the 18th can still be gameshared. Personally, I think it'd be cool if they allowed PS+ users to have 5 slots. At least that way they'd get more PS+ subscribers and there would be another good feature to use it for.

[quote name='elessar123']It annoys me a bit. I have 2 Vitas preordered, and a PSP, which I'm sure I'll keep for UMD games. Basically, they just told me I can't own all three.

I also have 2 PS3s, so I guessi wont ever buy a third.

I never gameshared either, btw.[/QUOTE]

Activate PSP and put games on there, then deactivate the PSP and the games would still work. Activate your 2 Vitas, there u go.
Rinse and repeat if you got more systems.

This is just to cut sharing with multiple accounts cuz now people with habit of game sharing with random people would now need to share passwords and risk their own systems being deactivated by some random person they game shared online.

IMO a good idea to prevent abusive game sharing with random people, and if it's my own systems or with people i trust and share passwords, it's easy as logging on to a website to activate/deactivate systems.

I'm a cheapassgamer and I like good deals that company gives out to promote their sales, but screw those ppl who would always cheat & abuse the system and thus the necessary changes toward inconvenience would always get passed down to the honest people like us.

Reduction of number of systems for games to be shared, online pass, and all those weird DLCs for games and Home, Sony is really trying to shoot themselves in the butt, huh?

I find it amusing that NFL Sunday Ticket tries to get PS3 owners to subscribe while also running a televised ad where their mascot belittles guys who spend part of their weekend playing a PS3...

Jesus tapdancing Christ, why does it have to be this weekend? 2 weeks from now (assuming I pass all my tests), my hell month will be over and I'll have free time again.

Oh well, I'll stick to ESPN3 and broadcast TV for now.

man, i have 2 ps3's and i loved i could gameshare all my stuff. i would gameshare lots of my games and dlc with my buddy also. i guess i have to tell him he is cut off this year for mw3 dlc, cuz my grrl and i need it more than he does...
and i guess the 3rd ps3 for the kids with all psn stuff on it is not gonna happen...

so a cag psn group i am in got the $10 credit, even tho we only spent $50 total last month.
I spent over $65 and still no credit... how odd... i guess just wait some more...

[quote name='dragonjud']But to be honest, I would've never picked up about 50% of the things I bought had it not been through gamesharing. So, instead of getting a few dollars, now they'll get nothing.[/QUOTE]Even if Sony loses 4 out of the 5 people who gameshared a single purchase, it's probably enough for them to consider it a victory. And for the other 50% you'd be willing to buy, well now you're paying more than you use to.

Is PSN download the only way to get Hasbro Family Game Night? I don't think I've seen this one on disc for PS3. It's a great price but I still prefer discs because I'm a dinosaur who likes box art on his shelf (even if it sucks).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Amazon only shows PS2, Wii, and Xbox 360 versions.[/QUOTE]

That's where I looked too. $10 is really hard to pass up so I'll probably bite on it.

where the heck is the 10 credits at? I saw some people were getting them not even buying 60 worth of stuff and I still haven't. Been dragging my feet playing DC universe was going to get the fight the light dlc with my 10 credit.

Just a reminder that the PS+ Jurassic Park promotion will be ending tomorrow with the update, so be sure to buy your one year sub from the PS Store or redeem a card from a retailer before then.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just a reminder that the PS+ Jurassic Park promotion will be ending tomorrow with the update, so be sure to buy your one year sub from the PS Store or redeem a card from a retailer before then.[/QUOTE]

Man if I could find another $40 annual sub card somewhere I would so bite on this. Being good until 2/13 means I should probably wait and pick up the game by itself when it goes for ~$10 in the future (like BttF did). At least I'm hoping it'll drop to this price. I don't think it's unreasonable given my generally infinite patience for cheap games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just a reminder that the PS+ Jurassic Park promotion will be ending tomorrow with the update, so be sure to buy your one year sub from the PS Store or redeem a card from a retailer before then.[/QUOTE]
Does it have to be the 1-year pass?

Thinking more like just doing a 3-month to see how I like it.

The one thing preventing me from subscribing is: Not being able to "BUY" some of the discounted items PS+ gives out for free... meaning, that once my PS+ subscriptions expire, I won't be able to keep the stuff. I'd rather buy it on sale rather than get a free rental.

Example: Resident Evil 1-3 on PSN One Classic were all 50% off to purchase and keep forever, but PS+ members only have the option of downloading them free until their subscriptions run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back