PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='andsoitgoes']Dude you are after my own heart. Tell me you played Lunar? That was one hell of a game, and it really makes me want to replay it. So badly.

I'm heartbroken about hearing that there is a massive amount of slowdown. IS it confirmed that this is an issue? I don't need to buy ff3/6 again, but don't want to recommend it if it is.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell I managed to have the SNES and Sega CD... But I'm not going to complain ;)[/QUOTE]

Played Lunar? Definitely! Christmas 1993 was probably the best ever - I got Lunar, Sonic CD, and Silpheed. If you haven't tried it, definitely pick up Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I'm only about 8 hours in right now, but it is definitely in the same vein of JRPG as Lunar, but even more beautiful. I think I may hold off on a Vita for awhile as I'm just now starting to scratch the surface of all these great PSP games.

[quote name='robbyH']Is there going to be a update this week?[/QUOTE]

I believe so, since the Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD remake was announced for 12/27 and the sony blogcast from last week mentioned some other new releases for today.

[quote name='abhinav']Rather awful PSN sale but I don't think XBL is doing that much better. Oh well, nothing lost really.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I stocked up on psn cards and Microsoft points thanks to deals over the last few weeks. And thanks to these psn/xbla sales, looks like im gonna be stocked up for a long time

[quote name='Blaster man']Awesome games, get them!

Why are these PSN sales not as good as the 360 sales. I didn't go and compare everything but I noticed renegade ops on the PS3 store and thought 'WTF?'. They are giving normal players this game for $11.99, PS Plus members get this for $8.99, and BOTH silver and gold Xbox members get it for 7.50. What a disgrace.[/QUOTE]

It balances itself out though. A lot of times stuff goes on sale on PSN and it never does on XBox. SSF IV complete costume packs is the most recent example I can think of at the moment.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']According to the blog the PS Store has been updated and not a single thing is on sale.[/QUOTE]
Unless you're seeing something different than I am, all of the same stuff that was put up last week is still on sale until 1/3. They said before that this would be a light update due to the holidays, though this is better than past years with no update between Christmas and New Year's.
[quote name='AoA']Any word if Breath of Fire 4 is on sale this week? I didn't see it on sale yesterday so maybe with this update?
from joystiq.com......Breath of Fire 4 (PS1) - Regular Price: $5.99 | Sale Price: $2.99 until 1/10

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/22/select-capcom-games-on-sale-on-psn-through-january-10/[/QUOTE]http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/12/21/psn_update:_holiday_super_sale

The article they're sourcing doesn't have any of the PS1 games on sale, so I'd chalk it up to a type on Capcom's part.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']According to the blog the PS Store has been updated and not a single thing is on sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='orangecrush']yup. Boo.[/QUOTE]

The store doesnt update until between 5pm and 10pm CST.

[quote name='FFWRX']The store doesnt update until between 5pm and 10pm CST.[/QUOTE]

The store's updated, and they're correct. Not one new single piece of content discounted. Man my PSN wallet is getting fat, they're nothing to spend money on...

Screw that..... I want Crysis 1...but not at 19.99 cause i bought Crysis 2 for half that so i want the same here for the 1st Crysis......DAMMIT

[quote name='deviousnaraku']For those that have played Darkstalkers Chronicles, are the controls really as bad as people on say? Thinking about picking it up. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Controls fine on my PSPGo... But then, I never had a problem with the Go's d-pad, like many people had with the d-pad on the PSP-1000 when Darkstalkers was first released.

For 5 bucks I'd say grab it. But if you're rocking custom firmware and have the option, I actually prefer the PSX release of Darkstalkers 3 over the PSP-native version. There's nothing wrong with Chronicles, but it only lets you play in either 4:3, or a hideously stretched 16:9, and I prefer being able to set it somewhere in the middle :)

Boo! I was really hoping for a PS+ deal on Stranger's Wrath. Now I'm debating getting it at full price, or holding out for a deal down the road.

It's one of my favorite xbox games, and I love the Oddworld universe... hmmm.

I read an article about this game a while ago and if I recall correctly, the Steam (PC) version of Stranger's Wrath will be getting a free HD update in the next few months. Is that correct?

Extension of last week's deals...works for me! :) I'll probably pick up more of the Capcom stuff.

I'm thinking of getting:
Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 and 2
Darkstalkers Chaos Towers
Powerstone Collection (Already have it on UMD backlog, heard loading times were bad.)
Trine (I don't think this one is a Capcom game.)
Super Puzzle Fighter II HD (I have the GBA version already, should I jump?)
Super Street Fighter II HD (I have the xbox anniversary version in my backlog, but heard the soundtrack is amazing.)
Ultimate Ghost 'n Goblins (Have the GBA version, died a lot.)

Also renewed my PS+ subscription, got Tales of Monkey Island and Sonic Holiday Bundle.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Unless you're seeing something different than I am, all of the same stuff that was put up last week is still on sale until 1/3. They said before that this would be a light update due to the holidays, though this is better than past years with no update between Christmas and New Year's.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/12/21/psn_update:_holiday_super_sale

The article they're sourcing doesn't have any of the PS1 games on sale, so I'd chalk it up to a type on Capcom's part.[/QUOTE]

The Capcom blog post was editted a few days ago. They mention that in the comments.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Then maybe you should, since it's Capcom's equivalent of Sony's Playstation blog.[/QUOTE]

Is that the site where Capcom blamed its fans for canceling Mega Man Legends 3?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Extension of last week's deals...works for me! :) I'll probably pick up more of the Capcom stuff.

I'm thinking of getting:
Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 and 2
Darkstalkers Chaos Towers
Powerstone Collection (Already have it on UMD backlog, heard loading times were bad.)
Trine (I don't think this one is a Capcom game.)
Super Puzzle Fighter II HD (I have the GBA version already, should I jump?)
Super Street Fighter II HD (I have the xbox anniversary version in my backlog, but heard the soundtrack is amazing.)
Ultimate Ghost 'n Goblins (Have the GBA version, died a lot.)

Also renewed my PS+ subscription, got Tales of Monkey Island and Sonic Holiday Bundle.[/QUOTE]

Super puzzle fighter doesn't have trophies, if that matters to you.

[quote name='Chronis']The Capcom blog post was editted a few days ago. They mention that in the comments.[/QUOTE]
I know. That's why I said it was changed because of typos on Capcom's blog. I don't see any comments from Capcom explaining what happened, just users that are disappointed by the edits and want an explanation.

Dammit! I bought Section 8: Prejudice when it went on sale a few weeks ago and now Section 8 AND Section 8: Prejudice are bundled together for the same price.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Dammit! I bought Section 8: Prejudice when it went on sale a few weeks ago and now Section 8 AND Section 8: Prejudice are bundled together for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Need a time machine :'(

[quote name='Jiggaloj']I had to pick up Trine for $5. I look forward to playing it.[/QUOTE]
It's an excellent game, though the end boss battle was kinda a letdown imo.:cry: Otherwise I had a ton of fun with it. Best $5 I've spent on PSN(save for my $4.99 MK II when Midway released it on PSN).

Played Oddworld yesterday. Good game, I recommend it if you are on the edge to buy it or not. Plays a little out dated, but its a solid action platformer, and the FPS action controls great and is VERY original in an age where everything runs on bullets/military action.

As most here, I'm dissapointed those PSOne classic (like MM4) weren't part of the sale. Was a weak PSN update this week, hopefully next month picks up, but I've had to many games lately to realize.

Has anybody played All Zombies Must Die? It looks like fun but no reviews on Metacritic.

Edit to add: F*#K! Just read the IGN preview and it says it doesn't have online MP??? WTF! A game like this??? And Metacritic DID have some reviews for the 360 version. Mixed.

[quote name='wtsutton']Has anybody played All Zombies Must Die? It looks like fun but no reviews on Metacritic.

Edit to add: F*#K! Just read the IGN preview and it says it doesn't have online MP??? WTF! A game like this??? And Metacritic DID have some reviews for the 360 version. Mixed.[/QUOTE]
From the YouTube video of it I just watched a bit of it looks more like a cartoony version of Dead Nation, which many of us got free with the Welcome Back program from Sony back in the summer.

I played that game all the way through and I gotta say that at times it reminded me a LOT of Smash TV. I'm also getting the same vibe from AZMD cept as I said it looks more 'cutesy'.:D

So if you downloaded Dead Nation from the WB program, I'd say to just play that n save your cash.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']From the YouTube video of it I just watched a bit of it looks more like a cartoony version of Dead Nation, which many of us got free with the Welcome Back program from Sony back in the summer.

I played that game all the way through and I gotta say that at times it reminded me a LOT of Smash TV. I'm also getting the same vibe from AZMD cept as I said it looks more 'cutesy'.:D

So if you downloaded Dead Nation from the WB program, I'd say to just play that n save your cash.[/QUOTE]

I kind of got the Smash TV vibe from the gameplay footage as well. I have Dead Nation and like it but I kind of like the AZMD is a dual stick shooter vs having to wail on the R1 button to shoot. And it supposedly has quests, classes, leveling and crafting like an RPG.

Not having the online MP is making me super hesitant though. Most of my long time friends don't live around me anymore. Grrrrrr!

Picked up V8 Superstars for 4.99, not bad since it was 19.99 a little while back, great to DL share with friend then race against each other, reminds me of the old TOCA days.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and sign up for Playstation Plus. Where's the best place to buy a 1 year sug card these days? Do they go a sale very often?
Thanks

Got Trine and Blokus.

Also got the mini One Epic Game. Cutscenes are slightly humorous. Game is just too frustrating. It will be One Dollar Epic Waste for me.

PS+ doin' work in the month of January!!!!

Free:
Back to the Future - 1/3
Swords and Soldiers - 1/3

Discounts:
Rocket Knight – 50% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $7.50)
Burnout Crash! – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Crysis – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $10.49)
Deathspank – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $6.99)
Fancy Pants Adventure – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Gatling Gears – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Risk Factions – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Capcom Super Pack Discount – 75% off – 1/24 (PS+ Price $10.00)Rocket Knight – 50% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $7.50)

Plus 50% off the "12 for '12" Deals starting Jan. 17

(I GREENED the ones I'm super stoked about, also note that Crysis is 10.49 for PS+ at 30% off, meaning non-plusers should be able to grab it for $15)

Source Link:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...to-the-future-–-full-series-discounts-galore/

Here's the full list of what's coming to PS+ for January:
PSN Game:
Back to the Future The Game – Full Series – 1/3
Sword & Soldiers – 1/3

minis:
Stick Man Rescue – 1/10

PS one Classics:
Syphon Filter – 1/3
Syphon Filter 2 – 1/3
Syphon Filter 3 – 1/3

Full Game Trials:
Toy Story 3: The Video Game – 1/10
Cars 2 – 1/17

Media:
Qore Episode 44 – January – 1/10

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Felyne Fighter Avatar – 1/10
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Lance Avatar – 1/10
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Poogie Avatar – 1/10
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Avatar Bundle 3 – 1/10 (PS+ Price $0.99)
Abstract Art Dynamic Theme – 1/17
Assassin’s Creed Revelation Dynamic Theme – 1/24

PSN Games:
Rocket Knight – 50% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $7.50)
Deathspank – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $6.99)
Fancy Pants Adventure – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Gatling Gears – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Risk Factions – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Capcom Super Pack Discount – 75% off – 1/24 (PS+ Price $10.00)

Add-Ons:
Dante’s Inferno DLC Bundle – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $10.49)
Dead Space 2 DLC Bundle – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $10.49)
Dragon Age 2 – Legacy Pack – 20% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $6.39)
Dungeon Defenders: Quest for the Lost Enternia Shards: Part 1 – 75% off – 1/17 (PS+ Price $1.00)
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit DLC Bundle – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $20.99)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – Birdie Pack – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $7.69)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – Eagle Pack – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $17.49)

PS3 Full Games:
Dante’s Inferno Super Bundle – 25% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $14.99)
Darksiders – 20% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $15.99)
Dead Space 2 Super Bundle – 20% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $35.99)
Shift 2 Unleashed Bundle – 20% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $39.99)
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Super Bundle – 20% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $39.99)

The PlayStation Store regularly holds events and sales for all PSN members throughout the year, and Plus always gives an extra leg-up in taking advantage of these sales. This month is no different as we’re gearing up to launch our 12 for ’12 sale. 12 PSN Games to kick of 2012 will be on sale for one week starting Jan 17th. We can’t reveal what the games are just yet, but if you love PSN games, you’re going to see a lot of great first-time sales on titles and get them 50% off with PlayStation Plus.

I may have to redeem my PS+ 1 year card this month. I already have Back to the Future and Swords and Soldiers on Steam, but the discounts are tempting.

not bad for the capcom super pack if you don't have sf2 hd or super puzzle fighter. an ac:r theme sounds dandy too.

looking forward to whatever craziness psn feels like offering this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back