PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hypertek']ok. Has anyone with multiple accounts *family members* got more then 2 games on their systems?[/QUOTE]

The fine print says each account registered before the failure. So if all your account were in theory you should. No language limiting to per console that I have seen. The store crashes on me so no chance to try as my wife and I have diff accounts

[quote name='6er']The fine print says each account registered before the failure. So if all your account were in theory you should. No language limiting to per console that I have seen. The store crashes on me so no chance to try as my wife and I have diff accounts[/QUOTE]

My wife has an account that I'm going to try to buy stuff on for $0 after my account finishes downloading everything sometime next month.

[quote name='6er']The fine print says each account registered before the failure. So if all your account were in theory you should. No language limiting to per console that I have seen. The store crashes on me so no chance to try as my wife and I have diff accounts[/QUOTE]
yup it does work, I have downloaded Stardust, Dead Nation, Wipeout, and will get Infamous once the store is normal. Then get the PSP games.

I can't get anything to work. keep getting errors all the time. I tried to get lbp & it told me I need to click the welcome back free game. Clicked that and it tells me it cant be selected. Went back to welcome back and game one is gone. All the while I keep getting errors. I would have thought they would have it together by now

[quote name='Donutkid2222']yup it does work, I have downloaded Stardust, Dead Nation, Wipeout, and will get Infamous once the store is normal. Then get the PSP games.[/QUOTE]

You might as well just grab the PSP games. I've found that they download faster, obviously not as popular.

[quote name='sgr76']I can't get anything to work. keep getting errors all the time. I tried to get lbp & it told me I need to click the welcome back free game. Clicked that and it tells me it cant be selected. Went back to welcome back and game one is gone. All the while I keep getting errors. I would have thought they would have it together by now[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the team, That is happening to a BUNCH of people. Im saving my Ps Plus till after it cools down so I can get in on that Uncharted 3 demo.

Are you still able to use PS+ themes that you downloaded for free after your PS+ status expires?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you're having an issue with the free game choice disappearing after an error, just go to Account Management on the XMB to make your picks:

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion

You haven't lost anything.[/QUOTE]

so many errors..lol.

but if you guys are desperate, follow this guy! thanks frisky!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Ghostbusters
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Bad Boys

They're in the Video Store.[/QUOTE]

They're just rentals? Not full movie downloads? Damn.

[quote name='Thrinn']Are you still able to use PS+ themes that you downloaded for free after your PS+ status expires?[/QUOTE]
Yes, they have no way of putting expiration dates on themes and avatars, so those are your to use forever.

How is the store for other things? I can wait to get the free games, but I will want my Duke Nukem Demo tonight if possible. Is the whole store crashing or is it just the welcome back stuff?

[quote name='philippnguyen']Unfortunately, gonna have to pass on all of this. I would've much preferred 5 dollar credit.[/QUOTE]

....um ok? I don't think many people would agree with that at all though.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']cool, gonna grab wipeout HD and stardust on ps3 (just for the 3D features)

not sure about what psp games to get.... anyone played them?[/QUOTE]

I own all the PS3 and PSP games that are being offered. I would get KillZone: Liberation & Little Big Planet. I would just look at reviews of games and see what interest you.

I wish Sony would offer something else for people that already own everything. I like that fact that I'm getting 60 days added of PS+ though.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How is the store for other things? I can wait to get the free games, but I will want my Duke Nukem Demo tonight if possible. Is the whole store crashing or is it just the welcome back stuff?[/QUOTE]

The store in general seems a bit bogged down. I'm also having problem even looking at my download history.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How is the store for other things? I can wait to get the free games, but I will want my Duke Nukem Demo tonight if possible. Is the whole store crashing or is it just the welcome back stuff?[/QUOTE]
I don't think there's a way to only affect certain content, so it's the entire store that's affected until the traffic calms down. It probably won't get much better tonight since there's another update coming and that will cause more issues.

Do not currently subscribed Music Unlimited users still get 30 days free?
Is there any PS+ stuff available that is older than the current PS+ in the OP?
When will PS+ update with new games, it may be worth waiting a few weeks to try the 30 day trial?

You would have thought that Sony would have made this rock solid after the embarrassment that they've gone through. Never would have expected all these errors, no matter how many people are trying to log in.

They should just give everyone all 4 games for free for this.

[quote name='Dysheekie']You would have thought that Sony would have made this rock solid after the embarrassment that they've gone through. Never would have expected all these errors, no matter how many people are trying to log in.

They should just give everyone all 4 games for free for this.[/QUOTE]

Happens all the time. Just like when Groupon (or was it LivingSocial) offered the Amazon $20 GC for $10, Groupon/LivingSocial crashed.

[quote name='Dysheekie']You would have thought that Sony would have made this rock solid after the embarrassment that they've gone through. Never would have expected all these errors, no matter how many people are trying to log in.

They should just give everyone all 4 games for free for this.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='Dysheekie']You would have thought that Sony would have made this rock solid after the embarrassment that they've gone through. Never would have expected all these errors, no matter how many people are trying to log in.[/QUOTE]
These errors aren't a surprise in the least. I doubt Sony has ever had deal with such a demand for bandwidth. With the exception of paying Plus members Sony is probably covering all the bandwidth cost out of their own pockets.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']Do not currently subscribed Music Unlimited users still get 30 days free?
Is there any PS+ stuff available that is older than the current PS+ in the OP?
When will PS+ update with new games, it may be worth waiting a few weeks to try the 30 day trial?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's mentioned in the OP.

No, they rotate in new content each month. It's not an archive service that rewards new members over older members.

They update pretty much every week with different kinds of stuff, so you can see what's coming up here.

So I guess I don't get the welcome back package, despite it being advertised right on the main page. Sony didn't say anything about only people who were registered before the crash get the package until recently... or at least I've never seen it officially stated anywhere.

Which I think is absolute bullshit. I didn't have a PSN account when it crashed, but I have had a useless PSN account for over a month now after acquiring a PS3 while everything was offline. In fact the welcome back package was part of the reason I actually made the purchase. More Sony fail.

It's nice that I had my PSN account already for my PSP. Just got my PS3 last week, but I'm still eligible for the freebies for the PS3 too.

Not sure what to get on the PSP though. I'm only sure about ModNation Racers.

Well I tried to get in on this today. Got the first PS3 game to go through and am currently downloading the WipEout package. Tried for the second one. Got an error trying to get the "Free PS3 Game 2" thingie. Now, that option is gone from the Welcome Back menu. Seems I won't be getting the second game Sony promised. Nice one, Sony ...

[quote name='xskaxninjax']So I guess I don't get the welcome back package, despite it being advertised right on the main page. Sony didn't say anything about only people who were registered before the crash get the package until recently... or at least I've never seen it officially stated anywhere.

Which I think is absolute bullshit. I didn't have a PSN account when it crashed, but I have had a useless PSN account for over a month now after acquiring a PS3 while everything was offline. In fact the welcome back package was part of the reason I actually made the purchase. More Sony fail.[/QUOTE]

I actually read about this a few weeks ago so it's been known. That said, it wouldn't hurt to call sony customer service and bitch at them. All they can say is no.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes, it's mentioned in the OP.

No, they rotate in new content each month. It's not an archive service that rewards new members over older members.

They update pretty much every week with different kinds of stuff, so you can see what's coming up here.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. The only thing is the OP says the 30 days Music Unlimited is for current members. I read weeks ago that nonmembers were going to get 30 day trial for free?

Yikes. I thought that the PSN servers would be slow(er than usual) but I didn't expect this.

I guess you can't complain about free, but if the idea was to get people back to the Playstation Store and prove how great it is, this is not working at all.

After doing the workaround I finally have Wipeout HD and LBP in my queue.

I tried to get my first free PS3 game and it errored out so I backed out and it is now gone off my list. So I got the 2 psp and 1 ps3 but my 2nd free game is just gone......all I can say is wow.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']So I guess I don't get the welcome back package, despite it being advertised right on the main page. Sony didn't say anything about only people who were registered before the crash get the package until recently... or at least I've never seen it officially stated anywhere.

Which I think is absolute bullshit. I didn't have a PSN account when it crashed, but I have had a useless PSN account for over a month now after acquiring a PS3 while everything was offline. In fact the welcome back package was part of the reason I actually made the purchase. More Sony fail.[/QUOTE]
I doubt you could even make a PSN account while the network was down. The whole point of the Welcome Back promotion is to reward people who were using the service and couldn't during the outage. They don't really owe you anything since you can't miss what you never had to begin with.

[quote name='typical guy']I actually read about this a few weeks ago so it's been known. That said, it wouldn't hurt to call sony customer service and bitch at them. All they can say is no.[/QUOTE]

Yup it was in the fine print for qualifications to get it when they first announced the welcome back package. I would say that is xskaxninjax's failure rather than Sony's. Self entitlement and all that.

[quote name='jcmeadows']I tried to get my first free PS3 game and it errored out so I backed out and it is now gone off my list. So I got the 2 psp and 1 ps3 but my 2nd free game is just gone......all I can say is wow.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry it isn't gone. Follow the steps that have been posted many times to get your other pick.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']Thank you. The only thing is the OP says the 30 days Music Unlimited is for current members. I read weeks ago that nonmembers were going to get 30 day trial for free?[/QUOTE]
Ah, I thought you were making sure that current members get the extra time. I think the trial by default is 30 days, so there's no need to really make that out to be a special deal for this.

They really revamped the Sony servers, spitting out nonstop errors.. I got 6 errors in a row and two maintenance errors without hitting a button.

The original statement says, right from Sony's blog...
"This package will be made available to all existing registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users in North America"
It does not say all existing registered users BEFORE the crash. I, and others, from whom I've talked to, interpreted that as all users registered at the time of restoration of service, and not new users after the service has been restored. My account was created weeks ago.

So some dope bought a PS3 and they don't have to hand over free product? Sounds like EPIC SONY WIN.

But you knew they were down without an Official date to come backup when you purchased, not sure what they owe you.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']The original statement says, right from Sony's blog... It does not say all existing registered users BEFORE the crash. I, and others, from whom I've talked to, interpreted that as all users registered at the time of restoration of service, and not new users after the service has been restored. My account was created weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

It also says right below that
More specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live.
At which point they added
To start, all PSN members who had signed up before the outage (April 20, 2011) will be able to select two games for the PS3 and two games for the PSP systems.

While the first part of your post was correct about "more specific details to come", at no point in the original press release does it say anything about "before the outage" or a date. It says:
All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']The original statement says, right from Sony's blog... It does not say all existing registered users BEFORE the crash. I, and others, from whom I've talked to, interpreted that as all users registered at the time of restoration of service, and not new users after the service has been restored. My account was created weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

So you are saying you created a PSN account when PSN was down? :roll:

[quote name='xskaxninjax']While the first part of your post was correct about "more specific details to come", at no point in the original press release does it say anything about "before the outage" or a date.[/QUOTE]

Right, they didn't say anything before hand in that particular post, but they promised additional eligibility requirements would be added to the offer later and they did just that.

Is anyone else still getting errors from the PSN store? Been acting up lately for me, would crash LA Noire everytime i tried to look at download content too.

[quote name='Thrinn']Right, they didn't say anything before hand in that particular post, but they promised additional eligibility requirements would be added to the offer later and they did just that.[/QUOTE]

That's true. I guess I overlooked that part a little bit. Although it's pretty stupid for a company to say "This is what we're gonna do to make it up to you guys for screwing up. Enjoy. Oh, btw, this may not apply to some people... but you'll have to wait a while to find out who."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back