PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typical guy']I thought you get to keep free dlc and themes even if they are free?[/QUOTE]

From Sony's PS+ FAQ:
Q: What happens when my PlayStation Plus subscription ends?

A: The content you have downloaded as part of your PlayStation Plus subscription at no charge is only accessible as long as you are an active subscriber. The exceptions are free themes and avatars, which you will continue to have access to, even if you are no longer a subscriber. Anything you have purchased (even if you purchased it at a discount) will remain available to you even if your subscription ends.

[quote name='typical guy']We have 30 days to join + and it's 30 days long right? Or do we have 45 days? I know I read that a while back but I don't remember how long it is.[/QUOTE]You have to redeem the Welcome Back stuff by July 3.

[quote name='GunPanther']I think I just screwed up. I put "Dead Nation" into the shopping cart and then followed up with "InFAMOUS". It turns out that "Dead Nation" disappeared from the cart, although "InFAMOUS" stayed and was ready to be purchased (for free). Now I can't seem download "Dead Nation" without paying for it. Is there anything else I can do or contact someone who can help?[/QUOTE]
From the OP:
If you're having an issue with the free game choice disappearing after an error, just go to Account Management on the XMB to make your picks:

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion

it's been said before, and I'll say it again - thanks to those that provided the fix for when you get an error, and have to dig up the SCEA thing to find the games, and to the OP for maintaining this thread!

[quote name='GunPanther']I think I just screwed up. I put "Dead Nation" into the shopping cart and then followed up with "InFAMOUS". It turns out that "Dead Nation" disappeared from the cart, although "InFAMOUS" stayed and was ready to be purchased (for free). Now I can't seem download "Dead Nation" without paying for it. Is there anything else I can do or contact someone who can help?[/QUOTE]

The beginning of the first post tells you how to recover the game.

Add-ons for games you own are yours forever. Let's say you get a game for free and then get add-ons for free. Once the game expires the add-on would stop working as well because you can't play the main game. But for example the Cuboid add-ons are free, if you buy Cuboid for $3.99 and then download the add-ons for free you'll have both forever.

The only thing you lose is full PSN, PS1, and Mini games.

Quick question (my apologies if this has already been covered): Am I still able to download and truly own Wipeout HD even though I already got it for Plus? That wasn't possible in the past.

Does anyone know? I'd hate to get this and then PSN somehow still thinks it's tied to my Plus subscription and has an expiration date. That would obviously be a waste.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Quick question (my apologies if this has already been covered): Am I still able to download and truly own Wipeout HD even though I already got it for Plus? That wasn't possible in the past.

Does anyone know? I'd hate to get this and then PSN somehow still thinks it's tied to my Plus subscription and has an expiration date. That would obviously be a waste.[/QUOTE]

I think it's probably fine unless there's a bug in Sony's programming. You have to activate your free game then you have to download the free game from the special sub-menu so I'm thinking that it will be fine.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Wasn't Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty supposed to be a part of this?[/QUOTE]

Not in the U.S..

[quote name='mtxbass1']The store is still down for me. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

If you are getting the error code it isn't down you just need to keep trying til you get in. You will still get the error code when you are in the store sometimes too. It's just the code you get when your request times out from congestion I think.

I was hoping the huge delay in the store coming back meant Sony was getting the store ready for the HUGE rush when it came back up but really it's to be expected. Unless they had phased in the free games slowly or something this was bound to be a problem.

[quote name='Thrinn']The beginning of the first post tells you how to recover the game.[/QUOTE]

You're quite right. Thank you for pointing that out. I was just in a bit of panic, that's all. I managed to recover the Dead nation download.

Well, I let my PS3 run all night and finally got inFamous. Now I'm using my wife's account to get Wipeout HD and Dead Nation. Kind of annoying that Wipeout requires you to download the demo AND the full game unlock, but I hear the game is great so no worries.

I had to delete a lot of game data utility (all for games I will never play again) but I managed to get 11 GB of 39 GB free on my PS3, which should cover all three games. I'm holding out on buying a new internal harddrive. No need to spend extra money on these free games now when I don't have to. But it looks like I won't be playing anything else on my PS3 for a while.

Quick question - I have LBP GOTY edition. If I pick up LBP through the welcome back program, and trade in my physical copy, will I still have access to the DLC that came with the GOTY edition?

Where are the free movies? All I see is shit... GhostBusters? Bad Boys? Where's Spiderman or SuperBad or some recent Sony movies? I know I am bitchin' but I was hoping for better movies, not some 80s and early 90s stuff.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']So do PS3 and PSP owners both get two PS3 games AND two PSP games or just one or the other?[/QUOTE]

You get both sets for free. :)

[quote name='INCyr']Quick question - I have LBP GOTY edition. If I pick up LBP through the welcome back program, and trade in my physical copy, will I still have access to the DLC that came with the GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

I tried loading the profile i made from GOTY to the downloadable version and the DLC appears in the popit but it shows this.

picture.php

:cry:

[quote name='oasisboy']Where are the free movies? All I see is shit... GhostBusters? Bad Boys? Where's Spiderman or SuperBad or some recent Sony movies? I know I am bitchin' but I was hoping for better movies, not some 80s and early 90s stuff.[/QUOTE]

Movies don't get any better than Ghostbusters. :cool:

[quote name='Tallkido']why is it that when i click welcome back menu on my psp i click x and nothing happens :( ?[/QUOTE]
bump help me guys

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Wasn't Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty supposed to be a part of this?[/QUOTE]

It's part of the Welcome Back program on the European PSN store. So if you have a Euro PSN account you can get it there.

[quote name='Thrinn']You have to redeem the Welcome Back stuff by July 3.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll wait until July 2nd to get the Plus service in hopes that next month it will actually have something I want.

^also sorry to hear about LBP DLC, hope they fix it for you, I'm definitely getting the Wipeout HD bundle instead now and looking for LBP GOTY on disc for cheap.

[quote name='INCyr']Quick question - I have LBP GOTY edition. If I pick up LBP through the welcome back program, and trade in my physical copy, will I still have access to the DLC that came with the GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

Tried this before, you lose the DLC in the GOTY edition

Error codes everywhere this morning! Not surprisingly...

However, it looks like some of your downloads will not get the proper authorization or DRM. I downloaded a few PSP demos and minis to my PS3 to transfer to my PSP, but I get error codes for a few of them. Haven't run into any PS3 downloads failing to run on my PS3 though. I ended up having to download them straight to my PSP instead for those PSP downloads because of the errors while trying to transfer. And Ghostbusters somehow slipped through without getting DRM'd, but it prompted me to renew my licenses so now I can actually watch it. And the free Home stuff still won't let you actually download. The add to cart button turns into an error button for me still. Good times, eh?

The PSN Store is sooo buged it giving me error randomly every second time I try to do something there. I was able to download one free game from The Welcome Back package, but thesecond one did not download. Now I even can not reorder it because it is not available for me in The wWelcome backpackage. It is a mess I will suggest to everyone to wait untill Sony finaly start to run their PSN store correctly.

[quote name='Tallkido']bump help me guys[/QUOTE]

What is it you want us to do? Do you think someone here can control the service?

I see that there is a PSN+ discount for Magic Orbz and that all of the addons are free with PSN+. If I buy it and get the free addons do I keep the free addons after PSN+ expires?

The Under Siege deal for PS+ members expires on 6/14, which was mentioned in the What's New section of the XMB.
[quote name='cRodz']Just want to confirm here

If i hit the "30 Days Free PSPlus" i am going to start my trial right there and then?
If so..
when does the UC3 beta start for PS Plus member so i can begin my trial somehwere around there to play some UC3?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it starts as soon as you activate it. The beta goes from 6/28 to 7/4, so you can activate later this week to ensure full access to the beta.

[quote name='trogoldito']I see that there is a PSN+ discount for Magic Orbz and that all of the addons are free with PSN+. If I buy it and get the free addons do I keep the free addons after PSN+ expires?[/QUOTE]

According to Sony's blog you will only be able to keep free avatars and themes.

[quote name='trogoldito']I see that there is a PSN+ discount for Magic Orbz and that all of the addons are free with PSN+. If I buy it and get the free addons do I keep the free addons after PSN+ expires?[/QUOTE]

Short answer No, IF you buy something on discount while a Plus member you get to keep it after your plus subscription expires however, Everything that was Free for plus members will not be usable after the subscription expires. Good thing is they all become available when you subscribe again.

This restriction does not apply to welcome back Free offers, they are yours to keep even after your Plus subscription expires.

Unfortunately for me, I have already bought nearly every game that has been offered for free.

[quote name='Rukian']Damn I bought a new ps3 and I lost my old password I am trying to recover my old account but the psn website is down. Sony should give the game to all the customer who own the machine. It is unfair :([/QUOTE]

So Sony is to blame for you forgetting your password?

Free add-ons I believe are keepable. Keep in mind some games break if you start to play then with the add-on, then for some reason lose it.

EDIT:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/
Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them.
Right after talking about how free games expire when you lose PSN and right before taking about discounted stuff.

Maybe someone can help me out here. I have a american account (which I've already downloaded my 2 games with) but I also have a EU account that I've used with my PSP. I'm trying to log into that account on my PS3 and I keep getting a message telling me I cannot access a different account on my console. What am I doing wrong here?

Hey guys, I want to change my PSN gamertag name. If I create a new account what happens to all the stuff I've bought and downloaded? If it's on the same PS3 I can still use it all the same as my old account?

On another account on the same machine you should be able to see the games you've already downloaded but you won't see them in your download history at the store. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can do things like transfer to a psp or whatever unless they're on the same account.

The question is for people that have stacked subscriptions for PS+.

I got PS+ last August and got the 15 month promotion. Then I remember reading where Frisky posted the 15 month promotion would expire in March. I bought another 15 months to stack on it but here is where I'm stumped. If I look at games I got before I stacked the new one it says 162 days left when I got to information for example Sonic 1. Then I go to Sonic 2 and it says I have 622 days left. Should all the expirations be the same days or when the other runs out it will roll over.

I still haven't received my credit for 60 days yet. Has anybody got the credit already to their existing account. I ask cause before the program was active I had 625 or so last I checked.

Thanks for any help!

[quote name='Rollobobo']Finally got online and past the error codes to download Infamous and Wipeout HD Bundle. Now for the slooooooow DL speed...[/QUOTE]

It took me 5 hours to download inFAMOUS & Dead Nation yesterday

Decided to get InFamous, not sure about the other game. Is the long D/L time due to all the people accessing the store and getting their free games?

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']Decided to get InFamous, not sure about the other game. Is the long D/L time due to all the people accessing the store and getting their free games?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Hey guys, I want to change my PSN gamertag name. If I create a new account what happens to all the stuff I've bought and downloaded? If it's on the same PS3 I can still use it all the same as my old account?[/QUOTE]

As long as you don't deactivate your old account, if the accounts are on the same PS3 all of them will be able to play any game purchased on any account that is activated on that system

[quote name='Diebythesword']As long as you don't deactivate your old account, if the accounts are on the same PS3 all of them will be able to play any game purchased on any account that is activated on that system[/QUOTE]

Awesome thank you sir!

Last night I "purchased" all the free items from PS Home and I can only find one of the items in my inventory. Do I have to install them somehow or is it the lag?

[quote name='Fan_of_a_G-Man']Does anybody know of a good place to buy a $10 psn code online? The only places I found had them for $15.[/QUOTE]

lolwut? i know best buy sells $10 codes (or did ~2 months ago, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back