PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Maybe someone can help me out here. I have a american account (which I've already downloaded my 2 games with) but I also have a EU account that I've used with my PSP. I'm trying to log into that account on my PS3 and I keep getting a message telling me I cannot access a different account on my console. What am I doing wrong here?[/QUOTE]
did you create a new user for the EU account? Because the system will most likely only allow one account per USER, don't erase one and put another. If you have done that, then have you shared your EU account with others? It's the only two reason I can think of, unless Sony knows your EU account is really not from Europe?

[quote name='Bumslie']The question is for people that have stacked subscriptions for PS+.

I got PS+ last August and got the 15 month promotion. Then I remember reading where Frisky posted the 15 month promotion would expire in March. I bought another 15 months to stack on it but here is where I'm stumped. If I look at games I got before I stacked the new one it says 162 days left when I got to information for example Sonic 1. Then I go to Sonic 2 and it says I have 622 days left. Should all the expirations be the same days or when the other runs out it will roll over.

I still haven't received my credit for 60 days yet. Has anybody got the credit already to their existing account. I ask cause before the program was active I had 625 or so last I checked.

Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]
It should be fine since that is probably a case of the expiration dates not being able to be updated once they're downloaded. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it'll just ask to recheck that you're a PS+ member when those games expire and extend it, but you could just redownload them if you want the peace of mind.

If you got the 60 day extension, there should be a PS+ extension noted on your purchase history or under services around 5/20 for it. If not, you should contact Sony about it.

I currently own inFamous on disc, I got it when it first came out, but the GS TIV is $10 plus the extra 50% so I may get inFamous instead of Ago of Booty on my European Account...

[quote name='houdinilogic']lolwut? i know best buy sells $10 codes (or did ~2 months ago, anyway).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're right. Do you know if they email the code, though? I don't see any option for emailing the code, only standard and store pickup. Would they email it to me with standard shipping?
Edit: Nevermind. They don't offer it.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']Decided to get InFamous, not sure about the other game. Is the long D/L time due to all the people accessing the store and getting their free games?[/QUOTE]

Definitely would be the reason for slow downloads for most people. As for my system, the download speeds are going faster than they used to:bouncy:. I have already downloaded a good 20-30GB today in a matter of a few hours and downloaded a good 60+GB yesterday (adding all of my content to a new system).

Hopefully everyone else has their speed start to pick up in the next few days, though it could take a good week or two.

Has anyone been able to buy Crash Bandicoot from Gamestop? I've tried twice now (two different cards). Both times my order has been cancelled and the payment is pending for both of my cards still (so I know the info was correct)....
Oh, and $3 is definitely less than $500.

[quote name='PSORngr']Has anyone been able to buy Crash Bandicoot from Gamestop? I've tried twice now (two different cards). Both times my order has been cancelled and the payment is pending for both of my cards still (so I know the info was correct)....
Oh, and $3 is definitely less than $500.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I bought it two days ago. I got the code instantly after I made the purchase on their website.

[quote name='o_O']Free add-ons I believe are keepable. Keep in mind some games break if you start to play then with the add-on, then for some reason lose it.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up somewhat.

I was seeing some stuff really quick last night for SOCOM 4 like a free weapon (looked like some sort of shotgun) and something else that looked like a map pack (I was really racing to play something on disc so I just half assed through it quickly) and was wondering if I downloaded it, will I be able to keep it?

[quote name='o_O']Free add-ons I believe are keepable. Keep in mind some games break if you start to play then with the add-on, then for some reason lose it.

EDIT:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/

Right after talking about how free games expire when you lose PSN and right before taking about discounted stuff.[/QUOTE]

This is what I thought too. But I keep seeing posts around the net that say otherwise.

[quote name='trogoldito']This is what I thought too. But I keep seeing posts around the net that say otherwise.[/QUOTE]
When my sub was extended, add-ons were bumped up my download list with the games that were attached to my PS+ sub, which I would guess means that they'll be unusable if I don't re-up.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Definitely would be the reason for slow downloads for most people. As for my system, the download speeds are going faster than they used to:bouncy:. I have already downloaded a good 20-30GB today in a matter of a few hours and downloaded a good 60+GB yesterday (adding all of my content to a new system).

Hopefully everyone else has their speed start to pick up in the next few days, though it could take a good week or two.[/QUOTE]

My download speeds are much faster since the store has returned also.:lol:

This welcome back program seems really generous and more than makes up the downtime. That is, unless my account info is abused in some way in the long term.

Download speeds for me have been utilizing near my max bandwidth of 15 mbits/sec.

[quote name='Antipodes']This welcome back program seems really generous and more than makes up the downtime. .[/QUOTE]

Really?

$20 worth of free games? For well over a month of total blackout?

[quote name='fujimitsu']Really?

$20 worth of free games? For well over a month of total blackout?[/QUOTE]

Of course. It's not like people buy millions of dollars worth of games every year expecting to be able to play them online. $20 bucks should cover it. :drool:

Doesnt matter how many games they offer,if you can't get em what good is it. I have been trying for hours and all I ever get is some error code when itry to download. Their online is STILL a joke.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Really?

$20 worth of free games? For well over a month of total blackout?[/QUOTE]

$20 worth of free games seems to make up for a month without a free online service seems like a decent deal to me.

[quote name='Thrinn']$20 worth of free games seems to make up for a month without a free online service seems like a decent deal to me.[/QUOTE]

Me too man. I bought $500+ worth of games for the PS3 myself alone for the sole reason of playing them online. less than $20 worth of games (picking just two from a list of 4 games) I already owned is far and away enough to make up for not being able to play my games for a month and a half. This rules! :bouncy:

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Me too man. I bought $500+ worth of games for the PS3 myself alone for the sole reason of playing them online. less than $20 worth of games (picking just two from a list of 4 games) I already owned is far and away enough to make up for not being able to play my games for a month and a half. This rules! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Don't forget they also fully refunded your online gameplay subscription fee.

Can I get help? I went to download the first free game and it stated that I didn't have enough space. So I exited the Store to delete stuff on the drive and when I came back it wouldn't let me download the first game (it was asking for my second choice). What do I do?

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Me too man. I bought $500+ worth of games for the PS3 myself alone for the sole reason of playing them online. less than $20 worth of games (picking just two from a list of 4 games) I already owned is far and away enough to make up for not being able to play my games for a month and a half. This rules! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]Good thing the world is not all about you.

[quote name='Thrinn']$20 worth of free games seems to make up for a month without a free online service seems like a decent deal to me.[/QUOTE]

And your information being stolen. That's kind of the big deal here.

Yeah, $20 is well worth it.

[quote name='GizmoGC']And your information being stolen. That's kind of the big deal here.

Yeah, $20 is well worth it.[/QUOTE]

What have they done with your information so far?

[quote name='GizmoGC']And your information being stolen. That's kind of the big deal here.

Odds are someone else had your information before this happened.

The fact that they don't bill for it individually doesn't really matter. It's a major component of the product. I (and many others) bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff for the system (games, accessories, PSN credit) expecting to be able to use it online. The fact that they don't charge $4/month for the online doesn't mean that we didn't pay for it.

How would you feel if the single player component of your games stopped working for a bit? You'd feel ripped off.

Did any other paying PS+ member that had downloaded the Infamous Full Game Trial, but not purchased the game, notice that you already already own Infamous and get to download two other PS3 games?

[quote name='Gerry P.']Good thing the world is not all about you.[/QUOTE]

I know man. Just like I pointed out in my post, the WHOLE WORLD spends millions of dollars on games just so they can play them online. How selfish of me to just think of myself. Oh wait... :applause:

[quote name='Ace!']What have they done with your information so far?[/QUOTE]

The card that was tied to my account was used 1000 miles away after the PSN was hacked, but before Sony said anything about it. Could be coincidence... Discover card took care of it regardless and issued me a new account.

Is it just me or is Wipeout HD free for PS+ people to download? This is just the base game that I found under Games > 3D Games and I don't believe it's tied to the Welcome Back program since the others don't have the yellow Free price on them that the PS+ games have.

Edit: Burn Zombie Burn, Critter Crunch, and Mushroom Wars also appears to be free for PS+.
Edit2: Found a few more and the common thread is that I actually own them all, so I don't know if it's just showing up like that for me or if they're available for all PS+ members.

[quote name='fujimitsu']The fact that they don't bill for it individually doesn't really matter. It's a major component of the product. I (and many others) bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff for the system (games, accessories, PSN credit) expecting to be able to use it online. The fact that they don't charge $4/month for the online doesn't mean that we didn't pay for it.

How would you feel if the single player component of your games stopped working for a bit? You'd feel ripped off.[/QUOTE]

Or if your entire console started flashing red lights at you and you couldn't play at all. That'd be awful.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is it just me or is Wipeout HD free for PS+ people to download? This is just the base game that I found under Games > 3D Games and I don't believe it's tied to the Welcome Back program since the others don't have the yellow Free price on them that the PS+ games have.

Edit: Burn Zombie Burn, Critter Crunch, and Mushroom Wars also appears to be free for PS+.
Edit2: Found a few more and the common thread is that I actually own them all, so I don't know if it's just showing up like that for me or if they're available for all PS+ members.[/QUOTE]
I'm PS+ and none are free for me.

Edit: I own CritterCrunch and it's also showing up as free for PS+ members for me, but none of the other games I own are. Perhaps we're seeing a preview of games that will soon be offered for free for PS+ members?

FINALLY am downloading. If anyone is getting the System down for maintenance do like I did, hope and pray and back up everything, sync trophies, then do a system restore and ...there ya go. You are back to normal.

[quote name='fujimitsu']The fact that they don't bill for it individually doesn't really matter. It's a major component of the product. I (and many others) bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff for the system (games, accessories, PSN credit) expecting to be able to use it online. The fact that they don't charge $4/month for the online doesn't mean that we didn't pay for it.

How would you feel if the single player component of your games stopped working for a bit? You'd feel ripped off.[/QUOTE]

I'm certain we could go back and forth on this topic, but this really doesn't seem like the place for that discussion.

Whoever stole my information now has my name, my contact info, and a list of games that I've bought on PSN. The first two are easily accessible through a phone book. If I had had a credit card on file or was really worried about someone knowing that I bought Tekken 5 back in 2007 then I'd sign up for the free year of ID protection that Sony is offering.

I'd feel like someone should read the goddamn TOS that says they can giveth and taketh as they please. You buy the game for their system - they're not required to support online play. I understand the frustration, but they don't owe anyone a damn thing. The sense of entitlement over a free service is absolutely ridiculous.

Not sure if anyone noticed but the "baby I'm sorry" deals that Sony is offering work over multiple accounts so if you have 2 accounts, you can download 2 of the free games per account.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It should be fine since that is probably a case of the expiration dates not being able to be updated once they're downloaded. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it'll just ask to recheck that you're a PS+ member when those games expire and extend it, but you could just redownload them if you want the peace of mind.

If you got the 60 day extension, there should be a PS+ extension noted on your purchase history or under services around 5/20 for it. If not, you should contact Sony about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Frisky I was just wondering why they weren't the same. I will check my purchases for the 60 day PS+.

Good looking out!

[quote name='JJSP']I'd feel like someone should read the goddamn TOS that says they can giveth and taketh as they please. You buy the game for their system - they're not required to support online play. I understand the frustration, but they don't owe anyone a damn thing. The sense of entitlement over a free service is absolutely ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

EULAs hold about as much legal water as verbal contracts.

I was responding specifically to his point about the downtime, not about information theft. I don't think the free games were ever intended to be compensation for that, but rather the year of ID theft protection was.

[quote name='fujimitsu']I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

EULAs hold about as much legal water as verbal contracts.[/QUOTE]

Has there been a successful lawsuit for a developer taking down multiplayer servers?

[quote name='WebScud']Has there been a successful lawsuit for a developer taking down multiplayer servers?[/QUOTE]
Ask EA. The answer is no.

Okay I'm going to make a post to clear up common questions about Playstation Plus.

Avatars and Themes will be yours to keep FOREVER. They will be on your download list as if you have bought them for $0.00.

Any DLC that you got through P.P. will NOT be yours to keep after the subscription ends. They will be deactivated just like any other game from P.P.

Games obtained through the Plus section of the store will Deactivate after your subscription ends, and you will lose them.
NOTE: If a game or DLC is still available in P.P. after you lost your sub and one day you choose to subscribe again, you can obviously get it once again. If it's not still available through P.P. OH WELL, it's gone. Timing is everything with this service.

There are different games offered at different times. A game that was available two months before might NOT be available at the moment. If your subscription ever ends even for ONE second, you will NOT be able to re-download any games you've already gotten that aren't still available in the PS STORE as PLUS content.
Warning: If you want to keep ALL the PLUS games you've ever gotten, NEVER let your Plus service expire.
SECOND WARNING: Be EXTREMELY careful using Playstation Plus cards. How do those work? Well, once you redeem the code and activate it, it does NOT automatically add on the 3 and/or 12 months onto your existing subscription (if you have one). What it does is, it waits till your subscription ends and the second it ends, it grants you your extra time you bought. Yes, this is very shitty of Sony to do but trust me, no customer service, online forum or email bitching will get anyone to fix this for you. This basically means you WILL lose the content you had. EVERYTHING. Unless of course, it's still available through the service that week.

There have been (in the U.S. at least) 2 different games that Sony has given out to customers of it's service since it started. To obtain them, you had to be a member at the time that they were giving them. One of the games, Flying Hamsters, they gave out as a Valentine's Day gift and how you got it was they sent you a code through your PSN messages that you could redeem at the store. Problem with that is not EVERYONE who had Plus got it, even though it was a promotion for everyone. If you didn't get it, you didn't get it and there's nothing you could/can do about it.

The second game that they gave was all 5 of the Sam & Max episodes. Again, not everyone got them because they only sent out a code through PSN messages to those who had trouble downloading them because of a glitch in the store (people downloaded Ep. 1 demo and couldn't download full episodes after). Again, if you didn't get the code, you just didn't get it and both of these promotions are long over.

Stacking was not one of these games. If you got this game through Plus, you will lose it when your subscription ends.

If you LOVE discounts and can justify the free avatars and themes and giving Sony money for full game trials of all the games then of course go for it. If they give you a free month of Plus of course go for it. Just know that if anything gets screwed up with your sub, anything gets screwed up with your games, to Sony, it's your fault. And you're SOL.

Personal note: I don't like that they send codes through PSN messages because if you don't get your codes, they don't really care. If you call CS, they act like there's no such thing as what you are talking about. I got both games so I didn't have to complain, but I know of many who didn't get either of them and were SOL. My bottom line is, Don't Trust Playstation Plus.

^^wow, very informative post. You say to beware of the Plus cards because plus will end for a split second. Is there a way around that so it will just continue on?

Weird. For whatever reason, the free Ghostbusters rental turned into the full movie for me.

If you want some more free stuff, there are a number of TV episodes that are available for free (Video Store > TV Shows > Free TV):

Love Bites - Season 1, Episode 1
Kickin' It - Season 1, Episode 1
Haunted Collector - Season 1, Episode 1
Single Ladies - Season 1, Episode 1
Franklin & Bash - Season 1, Episode 1
The World According to Paris - Season 1, Episode 1
Platinum Hit - Season 1, Episode 1
White Collar - Season 1, Episode 1

Edit: Nevermind, it had me double check in the store and turned it into the rental version.

[quote name='WebScud']Did any other paying PS+ member that had downloaded the Infamous Full Game Trial, but not purchased the game, notice that you already already own Infamous and get to download two other PS3 games?[/QUOTE] i was in the same situation but it turns out you don't have it. it won't be offered as a free game or purchase until you complete the 1 hour trial. after you complete the 1 hour trial, infamous will return as a welcome back choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back