PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ervgotti85']Ok I am getting confused on what comes with the burnout paradise bundle the more I read the posts. What does not come with the bundle? Big surf island, and cops and robbers?[/QUOTE]
Burnout Paradise Full Game Plus Bundle - $7.99 - Includes Game With Time Savers and Boost Specials packs - Temporary Sale

[quote name='Ervgotti85']simmias
You can buy a card from amazon.[/QUOTE]
Looks like they're out of them, except for the $50 ones sadly. However, I want to use my Sony Rewards credit - I don't know if instant purchases work for the Purchase Credit since you need a UPC.

damn I had to do a triple take on that price for Burnout! already have it fully loaded on the 360, but at this price its a no brainer..

[quote name='simmias']Argh, I'm $.81 short for all the Burnout DLC and I vowed to never give Sony my CC info again. Time to make a trip to Target for a $20 card.[/QUOTE]

What type of CC do you have that you cant make a Virtual Card number? Most companies do this now as it protects them and you from fraud purchases. That's what I now do for PSN.

[quote name='hostyl1']What type of CC do you have that you cant make a Virtual Card number? Most companies do this now as it protects them and you from fraud purchases. That's what I now do for PSN.[/QUOTE]
The Sony kind where I get refunded for my purchase if I go to Target to buy the points. ;)

Frisky, when monster hunter unite psp code is on sale on Amazon, let us know. It's back to $20.

Also really want to but all the $5 psp games on the store. Btw Power Stone for psp...is it possible to play 2 player on say a PSPgo, hooked to tv and maybe one user using a DS3 while the other the psp itself? That'd be killer. Same for the other fighting game.

Think I'll have any issues getting an Amazon Warehouse Deals bought PS3 from a Black Friday Uncharted 2 bundle the added 2 year warranty from Sony since it's only $45 now on the store?

Afaik the system was never registered, looked factory fresh outta the box(no charge on the controller even) and none of the games it came with were even opened/used.

Is there any connection between PS sales and XBL sales? I only ask because I'm contemplating Burnout, but I don't really like playing non-exclusives on my PS3. If this isn't coming to XBL at all I'll get it (begrudgingly) on the PS3. Has there been any links between console sales in the past?

Microsoft very rarely ever puts Games on Demand titles on sale, so it's unlikely that BP will be on sale on XBL. Sony's been putting a number of the retail games on PSN on sale for about the past month.

burnout paradise, already have it all and dlc, get it, you won't regret this for $8!

also, looking at the nfs hot pursuit dlc, any of this worth it at sale price?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Think I'll have any issues getting an Amazon Warehouse Deals bought PS3 from a Black Friday Uncharted 2 bundle the added 2 year warranty from Sony since it's only $45 now on the store?

Afaik the system was never registered, looked factory fresh outta the box(no charge on the controller even) and none of the games it came with were even opened/used.[/QUOTE]
I didn't have any issues adding the warranty to mine, and mine came in the same condition yours did.

[quote name='JJSP']I didn't have any issues adding the warranty to mine, and mine came in the same condition yours did.[/QUOTE]
Cool. Thanks for the reply. I hope the discounted extended warranty isn't gone when I get home tomorrow night from NY state. I'll probably be outta town till 6-8pm.:cry:

I'll probably just buy a pre-paid PSN $50 card from Best Buy so I can get the RZ points for getting the warranty AND have a lil something leftover so I can maybe buy something that's on discount on PSN.;)

oh man, im trying to save money but thats a really good price for burnout paradise. i was trying to save my racing game money for motorstorm (when it gets cheaper).

i have a question about burnout paradise though, it has a restart race option right? i remember hearing it didnt have one when it first came out, but i cant remember if it was patched in or not.

I so like this week's PS3/PSP deals. I'd get them all if I could.

Does the Greatest Hits version of Burnout Paradise contain any of the DLC on sale? I might get the DLC that's not on the disc.

Debating if I should get Beyond Good and Evil HD. I have the PS2 version, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']oh man, im trying to save money but thats a really good price for burnout paradise. i was trying to save my racing game money for motorstorm (when it gets cheaper).

i have a question about burnout paradise though, it has a restart race option right? i remember hearing it didnt have one when it first came out, but i cant remember if it was patched in or not.[/QUOTE]
That was added a while ago.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Debating if I should get Beyond Good and Evil HD. I have the PS2 version, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're going to play it now, might as well wait for a sale, I figure.

wow, i got the island when it was like $10 and i thought that was a deal. these bundles like the toy cars are the price for just 1 back in the day.
and yeah just hit right on the analog stick and it says restart race.

and yeah, i have bg&e on ps2 and gamecube(i think?) and it's way overrated.
thats just my personal opinion tho, and i 100% that game... but think way too overrated, i kept playing and waiting for the 'fun' parts...

[quote name='Velo214']wow, i got the island when it was like $10 and i thought that was a deal. these bundles like the toy cars are the price for just 1 back in the day.

thats just my personal opinion tho, and i 100% that game... but think way too overrated, i kept playing and waiting for the 'fun' parts...[/QUOTE]
That's the exact same sentiment I had with many of the 'popular' games. People would say 'oh you just like to hate on these games because they're what people like'. No. It's called people have differing tastes and opinions.

I personally can't stand ANY Final Fantasy game, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Star Wars Battlefront, et. al.

Believe me, I've given many of these games a bunch of time to 'grow on me' and I still can't sit there and play them without going 'how do people play this shit'.

But again, to each their own...;)

[quote name='nbballard']what kind of backwoods ISP do you guys have? I've got a 500gig drive and I dled AC1 and AC2 a few weeks ago when they were on sale with no problems.

It probably took it all night, but it wasn't 3 days.[/QUOTE]

To be fair I certainly didn't stop using my PS3 during that time. Watching DVDs automatically halts all downloads (for some reason) and I'm sure playing multiplayer slowed it down even further, but the fact is that it still took over 16 hours (two nights asleep) to download.

The PSN has always been noticeably slower at downloading than anything else, but ever since the "new and more secure" PSN was brought online it has been very variable in download speed. Sometimes I can get my items downloaded very quickly, such as all the free Plus items today (I downloaded them all in less that two hours total), but most of the time it has gone from the old slow to the new and more secure excruciatingly slow.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']To be fair I certainly didn't stop using my PS3 during that time. Watching DVDs automatically halts all downloads (for some reason) and I'm sure playing multiplayer slowed it down even further, but the fact is that it still took over 16 hours (two nights asleep) to download.

The PSN has always been noticeably slower at downloading than anything else, but ever since the "new and more secure" PSN was brought online it has been very variable in download speed. Sometimes I can get my items downloaded very quickly, such as all the free Plus items today (I downloaded them all in less that two hours total), but most of the time it has gone from the old slow to the new and more secure excruciatingly slow.[/QUOTE]
Multiplayer doesn't slow it down, it completely halts it as well. It's the same on Xbox. It takes too much bandwidth to play multiplayer games so you can't download any content while playing.

What happened to Bomberman? I thought PS+ was getting that for free this week?

I'm definitely taking advantage of the NFS:HS combo pack and might get Burnout Paradise and all the DLC. $21 for all that stuff is insane.

I told myself I wasn't going to use my cc on psn, but fuck it. Burnouts too good to pass up! Here's hoping they do more deals like this

[quote name='ravens52bears54']What happened to Bomberman? I thought PS+ was getting that for free this week?[/QUOTE]

It's there. I got it last night.

[quote name='flix1']Actually, it has to do with the choice of avatar ... if you have a premium PSN avatar or you play with anyone online who has a premium avatar, you will likely lose your career progress. It happened to me twice this year. I had been at 100%, but had my career reset to 0.

Even PS Plus users are affected.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/burnout-paradise-all-progress-/1222266

EA Forums list problems even saving data with premium avatars:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6512498.page[/QUOTE]

One of the posters in your second link posts:

"Please EA,Sony who ever fix this ASAP it sucks big time oh and it also deletes all your other save Data's not just the burnout."

If this is true I'm going to avoid this game like the plague!

If he's mistaken, I'll think about the game, but I'm a little upset that there is no demo for the game on PSN.

Also, I use a Select Avatar that I'm sure qualifies as being Premium, so I'd have to switch out for another just to play the game. I'm not happy with having to jump through hoops just to play the game and I'll probably wind up skipping it. If the creators of the game don't feel it necessary to fix such a devastating bug, I certainly don't feel it necessary to give them my money for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's the exact same sentiment I had with many of the 'popular' games. People would say 'oh you just like to hate on these games because they're what people like'. No. It's called people have differing tastes and opinions.

I personally can't stand ANY Final Fantasy game, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Star Wars Battlefront, et. al.

Believe me, I've given many of these games a bunch of time to 'grow on me' and I still can't sit there and play them without going 'how do people play this shit'.

But again, to each their own...;)[/QUOTE]

I feel that way about Fallout 3. I tried multiple times, but can never make it past that first town with the nuke in the middle without shutting it off.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']One of the posters in your second link posts:

"Please EA,Sony who ever fix this ASAP it sucks big time oh and it also deletes all your other save Data's not just the burnout."

If this is true I'm going to avoid this game like the plague!

If he's mistaken, I'll think about the game, but I'm a little upset that there is no demo for the game on PSN.

Also, I use a Select Avatar that I'm sure qualifies as being Premium, so I'd have to switch out for another just to play the game. I'm not happy with having to jump through hoops just to play the game and I'll probably wind up skipping it. If the creators of the game don't feel it necessary to fix such a devastating bug, I certainly don't feel it necessary to give them my money for it.[/QUOTE]
I have a number of friends with this game, and although many of them have lost career data in Burnout ... I have never heard of anyone where other non-Burnout saves are affected.

[quote name='Velo214']wow, i got the island when it was like $10 and i thought that was a deal. these bundles like the toy cars are the price for just 1 back in the day.

thats just my personal opinion tho, and i 100% that game... but think way too overrated, i kept playing and waiting for the 'fun' parts...[/QUOTE]
Same here, BG&E was a good game in the day, but not nearly as great as some people want to make it out to be. I remember playing the same way you did...where is this great fun to be had? It was just a reg game to me. Not sure it is worth $10 now either.

R game saves like region specific? I played Burnout from a NA disc and then I later downloaded it from the Europe PSN Store. However when I loaded the downloaded version, it started me all over. Is this that save game bug y'all r talking about or simply because game saves only work from the same region

Someone asked me a region question with burnout and I have no clue, so I am passing the question along to CAG.

If they (living in the UK) buy the game from a US account, to play on their UK account online, will they be able to play with other UK players? Or will it send them to US games.

[quote name='Kaoz']Someone asked me a region question with burnout and I have no clue, so I am passing the question along to CAG.

If they (living in the UK) buy the game from a US account, to play on their UK account online, will they be able to play with other UK players? Or will it send them to US games.[/QUOTE]
Are the burnout servers regional? I seem to recall picking up a lot of chatter in foreign languages everytime I played. Lots of what sounded to be austrian and portugese people.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']R game saves like region specific? I played Burnout from a NA disc and then I later downloaded it from the Europe PSN Store. However when I loaded the downloaded version, it started me all over. Is this that save game bug y'all r talking about or simply because game saves only work from the same region[/QUOTE]
It's both from my understanding. Burnout on the PSN uses a different save file than the disc version, but I believe that most games have region locks on save files and DLC as well.

So if you had the NA disc and DL'd the car packs from the EU store, they wouldn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Including something like a timesaver makes me actually not want to buy. I suppose you could just not download that piece but still.

Avatars with purchase are also not a sale or a bonus IMHO.

@thunder no ultimate comes with all the dlc this just comes with the core game but the dlc is on sale... I'm just gonna wait for forza 4, for my next racing game. But I actually don't like the open world style, I like having a career mode and set tracks.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']The Burnout Paradise on sale is not the same as Ultimate Box version right? Kind of want it but...[/QUOTE]
Ultimate box is stupid because it's not actually "ultimate," it's the game + the free bike updates on disc (instead of having to download them) + the worst piece of Burnout Paradise DLC, the Party pack, that's it. None of the rest of the DLC is included.

The bundle offered for $8 is a much better deal as it includes the boost specials pack, something that actually offers new cars.

[quote name='Lhallfin']Including something like a timesaver makes me actually not want to buy. I suppose you could just not download that piece but still.

Avatars with purchase are also not a sale or a bonus IMHO.

@thunder no ultimate comes with all the dlc this just comes with the core game but the dlc is on sale... I'm just gonna wait for forza 4, for my next racing game. But I actually don't like the open world style, I like having a career mode and set tracks.[/QUOTE]
The Ultimate Box only comes with the Party Pack DLC. There's nothing "ultimate" about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back