PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're download only. X2's a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Frisky! I was afraid they were. Guess I'll probably just buy the first one and wait for the second one to drop some more. $10 is really my limit for any PSP game anymore.

Tempted by Alien Breed 2 & 3. (Already have 1) Anyone played these? Any evolutions in the game play from #1?

Also contemplating Galaga DX. Definitely getting Akimi Village.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Why in the hell can't the Disgaea 3 complete DLC pack go on sale for once? I want all the dlc, but I'm not making 20+ purchases.[/QUOTE]
Use the cart to buy multiple things in one purchase.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Tempted by Alien Breed 2 & 3. (Already have 1) Anyone played these? Any evolutions in the game play from #1?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nohbdy']Alien Breed is shit. Don't bother with that repetitive trash.[/QUOTE]

I played both Alien Breed 1 and 2 and liked them for what they are. Basic old school alien shooter. No improvements from one to the next though and I have yet to play 3 (but will) but it is also more of the same from what I read. I just need to see where the story ends as they all continue the same story. It runs smooth and has decent graphics and gameplay. I paid $6 or so for all three from gameshares, but even at $15 total it isnt a horrible deal if you know what to expect.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Use the cart to buy multiple things in one purchase.[/QUOTE]

It's still a pain to do all those installs, plus the all in one pack would be cheaper overall. Thanks, but no thanks.

[quote name='wrencrest']I played both Alien Breed 1 and 2 and liked them for what they are. Basic old school alien shooter. No improvements from one to the next though and I have yet to play 3 (but will) but it is also more of the same from what I read. I just need to see where the story ends as they all continue the same story. It runs smooth and has decent graphics and gameplay. I paid $6 or so for all three from gameshares, but even at $15 total it isnt a horrible deal if you know what to expect.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nohbdy']Alien Breed is shit. Don't bother with that repetitive trash.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. Having played the 1st one, repetitiveness is the one thing that REALLY holds it back. But I did still kind of enjoy it...God I'm so torn. They both have plats (which I'm sure I'll never own) so that's a plus.

Dear god, i cant wait for that Trinity Universe/Hyperdimension sale. So glad i decided not to buy the DLC ^_^, maybe i'll finally pick up the games again too once i get the stuff.

Tempted to get Prototype since I had a ton of fun with the game on 360 when I rented it, but I'm sure I can find a disc cheaper than $15.

Hmm, $15 on Amazon or $10.79 through AWD (360 only).

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's still a pain to do all those installs, plus the all in one pack would be cheaper overall. Thanks, but no thanks.[/QUOTE]
If they're small files, then you should get a Download All option after buying them that will let you download/install them all in one go fairly quickly since they seem to be about 1 MB each. You could also just set the system to auto-install them for you when you go to turn it off.

Is split second shareable? On that same note what about fight night champion ? I'm asking because these are full retail games, & I never bought a digital version of a retail game. Thanks

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If they're small files, then you should get a Download All option after buying them that will let you download/install them all in one go fairly quickly since they seem to be about 1 MB each. You could also just set the system to auto-install them for you when you go to turn it off.[/QUOTE]

The Disgaea 3 Complete DLC pack also has additional bonus DLC that is not available outside of the complete pack. So if you buy the individual packages you're still missing out. Once again, a pass for me. You'd think NISA would have learned the lesson from the last sale.

[quote name='POMusashi']The Disgaea 3 Complete DLC pack also has additional bonus DLC that is not available outside of the complete pack. So if you buy the individual packages you're still missing out. Once again, a pass for me. You'd think NISA would have learned the lesson from the last sale.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure the only bonus is a theme

[quote name='buckythekat']pretty sure the only bonus is a theme[/QUOTE]

I thought the bonus was a costume change for Raspberyl/Sapphire, also i think some bonus weapon or something? Though, im not 100% sure

Yeah.. I was thinking of buying the Disgaea 3 Complete Pack the first time the DLC went on sale.. but of course they never discounted the bundle in either sale so I've passed both times. If they ever do it in the future, I probably would've lost interest by then.

I'm thinking about getting Clash of Heroes, Gatling Gears, and possibly Split/Second but I already have too many racing games I haven't gotten around to playing yet so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I thought the bonus was a costume change for Raspberyl/Sapphire, also i think some bonus weapon or something? Though, im not 100% sure

I loved Dungeon Hunter 2 on iPhone/iPad, which I picked up for .99 during the last Gameloft sale. To me, it's the closest thing you can get to Torchlight on iOS. I might be interested for less than $7 with Plus but I just get annoyed by rebuying content on different platforms for more money. Of course, the advantages are the big screen, sound system, and controller. IGN didn't really give it a stellar review: http://ps3.ign.com/objects/077/077580.html

Other than that I might pick up Galaga Legions DX for less than $5. I'm a big Galaga fan but I just can't stand the original Legions on 360 for more than a few minutes. It looks incredible and I like the core gameplay but, well, everyone knows about the difficulty at this point.

Oh wow...didn't see Galaga Legions DX was on sale! One of my all time favorite games was the original arcade version -- man, how many coins I sunk into that game. Easily worth a paltry $6.99 for the new version. The demo was fun.

Interesting. I may have to buy The Baconing, even though I have yet to play the original Deathspank after downloading it.:lol:#-o

Although I did leave it on my old PS3 when I sold it to a buddy and he played through it, so at least that $7.49 purchase has not completely been a waste.:razz:

Any one know which, if any, of the games on sale are turn based RPG's (like Final Fantasy 7, etc)?
Oh, and good ones?

I know Lunar was super great. Another RPG would be good for me to sneak away with when being with the inlaws.

[quote name='AoA']Any one know which, if any, of the games on sale are turn based RPG's (like Final Fantasy 7, etc)?
Oh, and good ones?

I know Lunar was super great. Another RPG would be good for me to sneak away with when being with the inlaws.[/QUOTE]

Disgaea is the king of turn based RPG's IMO. I've sunk 200 hours into the PS2 version and another 120 or so into the PSP version and came no where near seeing all the alternate worlds/dungeons.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Disgaea is the king of turn based RPG's IMO. I've sunk 200 hours into the PS2 version and another 120 or so into the PSP version and came no where near seeing all the alternate worlds/dungeons.[/QUOTE]

Disgaea is more like Final Fantasy Tactics than FF7, but don't let that stop you. I wasnt into SRPGs for years, but then I started Disgaea. Great game!

[quote name='AoA']Any one know which, if any, of the games on sale are turn based RPG's (like Final Fantasy 7, etc)?
Oh, and good ones?

I know Lunar was super great. Another RPG would be good for me to sneak away with when being with the inlaws.[/QUOTE]

Blade Dancer, Dragoneer's Aria, Lunar, and Mana Khemia are turned-based RPGs, while Aedis Eclipse, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, and Phantom Brave are turn-based strategy RPGs.

[quote name='Zbornak']Blade Dancer, Dragoneer's Aria, Lunar, and Mana Khemia are turned-based RPGs, while Aedis Eclipse, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, and Phantom Brave are turn-based strategy RPGs.[/QUOTE]

He also said good. Blade Dancer, Dragoneer's Aria, Aedis Eclipse are not. Get either Lunar or Disgaea.

Gonna buy Deathspank when I find my PSN card that I last saw in September...

[quote name='POMusashi']The Disgaea 3 Complete DLC pack also has additional bonus DLC that is not available outside of the complete pack. So if you buy the individual packages you're still missing out. Once again, a pass for me. You'd think NISA would have learned the lesson from the last sale.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't talking about any of that, just the complaints about making separate purchases or installing them separately when there are well-known features that makes them non-issues.

Oh, and good ones?

ZHP is a rogue-like(Disgaea style) so combat is turn-based.

Does Sony ever do a one day sale for Black Friday or anything? Got myself a points card that I'm itching to use, but don't wanna do anything silly with it right here.

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']Does Sony ever do a one day sale for Black Friday or anything? Got myself a points card that I'm itching to use, but don't wanna do anything silly with it right here.[/QUOTE]

From my experiences, no. They only update their store once a week (Tuesday evenings) and that includes any and all price changes for the week. So there won't be any new sales until next Tuesday.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I loved Dungeon Hunter 2 on iPhone/iPad, which I picked up for .99 during the last Gameloft sale. To me, it's the closest thing you can get to Torchlight on iOS. I might be interested for less than $7 with Plus but I just get annoyed by rebuying content on different platforms for more money. Of course, the advantages are the big screen, sound system, and controller. IGN didn't really give it a stellar review: http://ps3.ign.com/objects/077/077580.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. The review only pans it because he thinks it should be single-player instead of multi-player, it isn't original (what games of this type are, anymore?), and it has move support. The comments from players seem to give the game more credit. I was on the fence, but I think I'll get this for some couch co-op with the wife.

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']Does Sony ever do a one day sale for Black Friday or anything? Got myself a points card that I'm itching to use, but don't wanna do anything silly with it right here.[/QUOTE]
A one-day sale? No, but the Fall Sale is their BF/CM sale for the holiday week.

The only way I wouldn't suggest Dungeon Hunter is if you're hoping to play it exclusively with Move, as the menu control is terrible and loot games like this require good inventory management. Looking at descriptions, DHA is more of a remake of the first game on iOS, not the sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need opinions on:

Cladun: This Is An Rpg! - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Cladun X2 - $14.99 - Temporary Sale

Thinking of trying out the 1st game and waiting for a price drop on the sequel (don't want to pay > $10 for a PSP game.

i dont know about the sequel, but the first one is alright, ive never beaten it, but i dont know of any games like it. its fun to create characters, but the combat gets frustrating because of the insane jumps in difficulty. i bought it for 19.99

Half-Minute Hero - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Ys Seven - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Ys: The Oath In Felghana - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop

I'm thinking of grabbing two of these (I just got a PSP today) any recommendations?

Half-Minute Hero is easily the best of that group and either of the Ys games should be your second choice. Lunar's an okay RPG that gets boring after a while.

Ok, I've never bought a PSP game from the PSN. Once I buy it and download it to my PS3 how do I get it on my PSP? Only thing that is stopping me from picking up a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back