PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guardkitty']Half-Minute Hero - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Ys Seven - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Ys: The Oath In Felghana - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop

I'm thinking of grabbing two of these (I just got a PSP today) any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Half minute was good. There's a demo I believe which will let you play two of the game variations. I really like the hero's game, wasn't nuts about the boss's game.

I thought Lunar was spectacular. Its your typical RPG but I really enjoyed the story and characters and its got a good sense of humor. Its a remake of a Sega CD game so its an old school RPG but it looks new and has an interesting battle system that can be somewhat automated. The dungeons drag a bit towards the end (but don't most RPG's). My two cents.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Ok, I've never bought a PSP game from the PSN. Once I buy it and download it to my PS3 how do I get it on my PSP? Only thing that is stopping me from picking up a few games.[/QUOTE]

You also should be able to download it straight on to your PSP by using the PSP's version of the store. Just turn on the WLAN switch and connect to your wireless network.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Half-Minute Hero is easily the best of that group and either of the Ys games should be your second choice. Lunar's an okay RPG that gets boring after a while.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to sic Nall on you...

[quote name='buckythekat']I'm going to sic Nall on you...[/QUOTE]

Wait Lunar was the one with the small flying pet that said "Alex, they are waiting for you in the village" on PS1?

[quote name='guardkitty']Wait Lunar was the one with the small flying pet that said "Alex, they are waiting for you in the village" on PS1?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[quote name='coolz481']Since a lot of people are thinking of picking up some PSN sales soon, just a heads up that Target will be discounting PSN cards 20% beginning this Sunday: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309086

The OP stated that only one type of PSN card was shown (not sure if $20 or $50), but the wording makes it sounds as if it would apply to all types.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, the only Playstation card that turned out to be discounted is the 3-month PS+ one. Neither the 2000 nor 5000 card has a discount.

[quote name='DPsycho']Sadly, the only Playstation card that turned out to be discounted is the 3-month PS+ one. Neither the 2000 nor 5000 card has a discount.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me a trip to Target. I'll need more PS+ sometime next year (July?) but there will probably be a better deal at some point between now and then.

Anxious to find this out before I get home later! I will be new to PS+. Any of you know if there is 1 of those 1 hour demos for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?

I just thought I'd bump this now that it looks like there will be a lot of new Plus members and the current deals end tomorrow.

Grabbed Galaga last night. Not as amazing as Pac-Man DX, but I'm enjoying it a lot. They really know how to massage the nostalgia region of the brain...

[quote name='Vegan']http://i.imgur.com/0JFo4.jpg[/QUOTE]

36.jpg

So anyone have an opinion on Dungeon Hunter? IGN gave it a meh and there hasn't been much chatter in this thread about it. I'm guessing I should pass on it for now? Nothing else really interests me this week sadly. Galaga Legions DX would be an insta-buy but I want the XBLA version (no difference save for I'm still on an achievement kick). I usually stick to exclusives on PSN unless I want to double dip.

Also, thoughts on Akimi Village? Going to boot up the demo later. I'm a fan of the Keflings games on 360 so I'm guessing I should snag it. Or is it coming to XBLA at some point?

I said earlier that Dungeon Hunter is an easy recommendation if you're into Diablo-esque loot RPGs. The only reason to not buy it is if you're hoping to play it exclusively with Move since they made the menus impossible to navigate. It's not the flashiest or most impressive game ever, but it's a good game that knows what it wants to do and does it well.

If you liked the Keflings games, Akimi Village is more of that. I doubt it would come over to XBLA since they've already made two of that style of game already.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So anyone have an opinion on Dungeon Hunter? IGN gave it a meh and there hasn't been much chatter in this thread about it. I'm guessing I should pass on it for now? [/QUOTE]

There's a demo if you want to try it out. My wife and I tried the Dungeon Hunters demo for about 40 mins and also the Dungeon Siege 3 demo for about 40 mins, and we decided to get Dungeon Hunters (first, at least).

[quote name='Backlash']There's a demo if you want to try it out. My wife and I tried the Dungeon Hunters demo for about 40 mins and also the Dungeon Siege 3 demo for about 40 mins, and we decided to get Dungeon Hunters (first, at least).[/QUOTE]

Yup there is. I've had it on my PS3 for a while. Still kind of on the fence that's why I was looking for some additional thoughts about the full version. If the game was under $5 I probably wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Since it isn't I'm in doubt it's worth the sale price.

Tried Akimi and I'm sold on it. Pretty much another Keflings game so I'm in.

EDIT: Just looked over the list and The Baconing, Outland, and After Burner Climax are all tempting me to double dip. Hmm...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Just wanted to post both of these sweet sales going on on the Europe PSN, that way when I complain later that EU always gets better deals than US, I have my sources here:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/29/12-deals-of-christmas-on-psn/
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/29/ubisoft-celebrates-25th-anniversary-with-psn-discounts/

Hopefully we see something similar to these in the coming weeks. :)[/QUOTE]

Saw those earlier and 1,000,000% agree with you. Not the first time they've had great deals we didn't get. I'm guessing we probably won't get these either but here's hoping...

I just want the opportunity for 12 different sales.

And hey, Sony, would it kill you to have a sale on Folklore DLC? $18 is too much for the 3 packs.

[quote name='AoA']I just want the opportunity for 12 different sales.

And hey, Sony, would it kill you to have a sale on Folklore DLC? $18 is too much for the 3 packs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for inadvertently choosing my Christmas backlog challenge.

[quote name='AoA']I just want the opportunity for 12 different sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in how that's going to work. PSN (well US PSN) only updates on Tuesdays, so we've never seen something like that here. Maybe EU is different, but I know they do Wednesday updates weekly so it's interesting to see PSN offer 48 hour sales.

PSN has pushed COD map packs on Thursday and Friday thought, so I guess it's possible that something like this could come our way. Would be awesome.

While I'm typing up the full list, I noticed that de Blob 2 is $10 for PS+ members. It's $19.99 for everybody else. Warhammer 40K Kill Team is also $5 for PS+ members.

The deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Infamous 2 - $39.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Minis (Playable on PS3 and PSP unless otherwise noted)
Doodle Fit - $1.49 - Permanent Price Drop

PlayStation Plus

PS3
de Blob 2 - $10.00
Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team - $5.00

All of the NIS America, Team 13, and Split/Second deals are still active for those that are wondering.

Doodle fit is a nice puzzler where there's a shape (like letters or objects) and you have to place tetris like pieces to make the right shape. Kind of like Tangrams. 1.49 is probably what its worth max. I blasted through the first 30 levels in under 10 minutes

[quote name='tylerh1701']Just wanted to post both of these sweet sales going on on the Europe PSN, that way when I complain later that EU always gets better deals than US, I have my sources here:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/29/12-deals-of-christmas-on-psn/
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/29/ubisoft-celebrates-25th-anniversary-with-psn-discounts/

Hopefully we see something similar to these in the coming weeks. :)[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised (and disappointed) to not see these deals available to North America. Some of the Ubisoft deals look decent. Also, the 12 deals of christmas is a cool idea, I'd love to see a 50% discount on Infamous Festival of Blood or perhaps Rochard.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']I'd be surprised (and disappointed) to not see these deals available to North America. Some of the Ubisoft deals look decent. Also, the 12 deals of christmas is a cool idea, I'd love to see a 50% discount on Infamous Festival of Blood or perhaps Rochard.[/QUOTE]

XBLA is having a Ubisoft sale next week, so hopefully PSN gets one too.

Is Split Second a permanent price drop or a limited time thing? I am downloading the PS+ trial now but I am almost done with Saints Row 3, and I want to finish that before I try Split Second.

I will defiantly have Saints Row 3 done by Tuesday if it's still good till then.

I played through the first level of de Blob 2 and it's a good platformer for those that wouldn't mind a B-tier platformer. The Move support is extremely barebones since the game just uses pointer controls for the menus unless they introduce new controls later on. You might as well just use a normal controller to get better camera controls, though it plays just fine with Move if you want to use it.
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Is Split Second a permanent price drop or a limited time thing? I am downloading the PS+ trial now but I am almost done with Saints Row 3, and I want to finish that before I try Split Second.

I will defiantly have Saints Row 3 done by Tuesday if it's still good till then.[/QUOTE]
I list Permanent Price Drop next to them if that's what it is. Split Second is just a sale that doesn't have a known end date.

Playstation Plus December Preview is up over at the PS Blog. Tomb Raider: Underworld and Marvel Pinball will be free, discounts on a bunch of full games and Sega shit (as always), and a couple other deals (Captain America and Fantastic Four pinball talbes will be half off, that's what I'll be getting).

Also, it mentions that PS+ers get added discounts on "The Holiday Collection Sale" which is apparently coming up, but doesn't mention much of what will be in there besides 25% off Renegade Ops (hopefully that means 25% the sale price, not regular price).

No mention of a Ubisoft sale, maybe I should just resign myself to the fact that that one isn't gonna make it across seas.

Anyways, here's the link so you can check it out yourselves:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...mb-raider-underworld-and-marvel-pinball-more/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...mb-raider-underworld-and-marvel-pinball-more/

Here are the PS+ offerings for December:
With the holiday season in full effect, we’re giving PlayStation Plus subscribers extra discounts and free games. The total value of all this month’s offers total over $250 with about $50 being free games.

This month’s free content includes the PS3 full game Tomb Raider: Underworld and PSN game Marvel Pinball. The free PSone Classic of the month will be Spyro Year of the Dragon. If anyone is keeping track this is the third PSone Classic from the Spyro franchise offered in Plus and since it’s the holiday, we’ll bring back the first two again to offer the full collection in December. To finish out the free games, take your pick from free early access to minis like Orbit, or mini favorites like A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks! or Mad Blocker Alpha.

We always look to give Plus subscribers extra discounts on top of existing PlayStation Store sales and promotions and this month is no exception. The Holiday Collection Sale will feature some great deals on PS3 full game bundles, with Plus subscribers getting an extra discount on top of these deals. With PlayStation Store promotions happening throughout the year, a Plus subscription always comes in handy. Check out the full list of discounts on titles like Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Renegade Ops, Darksiders and more; and watch for more details on the Holiday Collection sale soon.

New PS3 full games releasing on PlayStation Store also means new Full Game Trials for Plus subscribers. Your access to sample this ever-growing library of titles gets even better with titles like Dragon Age II, Motorstorm: Apocalypse, and Alice: Madness Returns hitting this month.

Check the full list below and remember these are expected games and discounts for Plus. Some content and/or release dates outlined may change. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

PS3 Full Game:
Tomb Raider: Underworld (PS3 Full Game) – 12/6

Free PSN Game:
Marvel Pinball (PSN Game) – 12/13

Free minis:
Orbit (Early Access, Exclusive) – 12/6
Mad Blocker Alpha (mini) – 12/6
A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks! (mini) – 12/20

Free PS one Classics:
Spyro the Dragon – 12/6
Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage – 12/6
Spyro Year of the Dragon – 12/6

Full Game Trials:
Dragon Age II – 12/6
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit – 12/6
Alice: Madness Returns – 12/13
Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood – 12/13
Red Faction: Armageddon – 12/13
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway – 12/20
Carnival Island – 12/20
Motorstorm Apocalypse – 12/20
NCAA Football 12 – 12/20
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands – 12/20
Sports Champions – 12/20

Media:
Qore Episode 43 – December – 12/6

Discounted PSN Games:
Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 1 and 2 (Bundle) – 80% off – 12/6
Beat Hazard Ultra – 50% off – 12/13
Renegade Ops – 25% off – 12/20
SEGA Bass Fishing – 30% off – 12/20
Sonic Adventure (Game + Add-On) – 30% off – 12/20
Sonic 4: Episode 1 – 30% off – 12/20
SONIC’S HOLIDAY BUNDLE– 25% off – 12/20
Space Challenge 5 Part 2 – 30% off – 12/20
Tales of Monkey Island Bundle – 75% off – 12/20

Discounted PS3 Full Games:
Assassins Creed 2 Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
Assassins Creed Brotherhood Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
Borderlands Bundle– 25% off – 12/13
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Bundle – 25% off – 12/13
Homefront Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
Red Dead Redemption Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
Red Faction Armageddon Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
Split Second Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
Warhawk Bundle – 25% off – 12/13
LA NOIRE Bundle/Complete Edition – 30% off – 12/20

Discounted minis:
Snowy – 75% off – 12/6
Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road – 20% off – 12/13
Psycho Soldier – 20% off – 12/13
Prehistoric Isle – 20% off – 12/20
P.O.W. – Prisoners Of War- 20% off – 12/20

Discounted Add-Ons:
Marvel Pinball: Captain America (Add-on) – 50% off – 12/13
Marvel Pinball: Fantastic Four (Add-on) – 50% off – 12/13

Exclusive Themes and Avatars:
I am Alive Dynamic Theme – 12/6

Exclusive Games:
Orbit (Early Access, Exclusive) – 12/6
Looks like there will be a Holiday Collection Sale on 12/13, which will offer a bunch of PS3 games on sale bundled with DLC that will be for both PSN and PS+ members with the latter getting a better percentage off.

Not bad, also cant wait for the new NISA sales to start tommorow ^_^. Gonna buy buying a ton of Hyperdimension Neptunia and Trinity Universe stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back