PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']Bad news for anyone looking forward to this weeks UMvC3 costume pack.

Got delayed till March, apparently the King of Spain wasnt pleased (Being 100% serious)[/QUOTE]
Haha!

Curious, I googled it, and you're right!

http://www.screwattack.com/news/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-dlc-displeases-king-spain

:cold:

magnetojuancarlos.png

If anything, the King should be flattered :lol:

yeah, i mean, it's magneto, he's so badass. The king of spain wishes he were magneto.

and yeah, beat hazard ultra so hardcore. if anything it's too heavy sometimes when you are in the zone, dmt/ and whoa, but super freakn awesome. and putting your own music in is so tight.

Thirty seconds into my first play of Beat Hazard I was sold. Don't think it was really coming at me as hard as one of the only tracks I seem to have on my PS3 plays (apparently I have 2 Scar Symmetry songs on there and that's it), but still pretty dang cool. Easily worth the $4. PS+ wins again.

EDIT: After purchasing it from in game it revealed the rest of the CD. I guess the demo was only going to let me play the first two tracks. Makes a heck of a lot more sense to me now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about Marvel Pinball since it is free to PSN+ members.
If I buy one of the discounted tables, will I be able to still play it once I let my membership expire?

No, you'd need to buy the game to be able to continue playing the DLC.

The Beat Hazard demo lets you play the first two songs, alphabetically, on your hard drive.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Beat Hazard demo lets you play the first two songs, alphabetically, on your hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's cool. I only have one song on my PS3. "Sweet Dreams are made of this!"

The music definitely affects the game. For example if the beat dies down everything around you slows down considerably and your weapons fire shots that couldn't kill a fly. Then once the music picks back up all the enemies spring back to life and start attacking you in a glorious seizure inducing lightshow. For best results play it on an HD TV with the volume cranked up all the way.

[quote name='Deack']For best results play it on an HD TV with the volume cranked up all the way.[/QUOTE]

I second this, I just played it today on our new HDTV for the first time and it was glorious.

wonder what else will be going on sale tomorrow

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They will run from December 20 through January 3, 2012.[/QUOTE]

PSN probably won't be updating on December 27th so I'm guessing that's why we're getting a two week sale

Don't think I saw it on the first post but the Mass Effect 2 for 19.99 download was pretty sweet. I've been wanting to play this game for the longest but never got motivated to buy. Taking forever to download, but it should be worth it.

[quote name='metrognome']Don't think I saw it on the first post but the Mass Effect 2 for 19.99 download was pretty sweet. I've been wanting to play this game for the longest but never got motivated to buy. Taking forever to download, but it should be worth it.[/QUOTE]

You screwed up, it'll undoubtedly be a daily deal, maybe for as low as $5.

[quote name='Vegan']You screwed up, it'll undoubtedly be a daily deal, maybe for as low as $5.[/QUOTE]

He may not have a gaming rig PC though. Either way its still pathetic that I just picked up ME1 and 2 for $10 combined....half the price PSN is charging for just 1 of the 2 games....

[quote name='Vegan']Oh shit, I thought this was the Steam thread! My bad.[/QUOTE]

LMAO so did I! I just deleted my post. I feel like an idiot.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I never played the old version of sega bass fishing, so I don't have any nostalgia going, but I can easily say that the game sucks[/QUOTE]
Did you play it with the standard controller? Because the game was designed around using a motion controller. The arcade original and Dreamcast port used a fishing rod controller that had motion controls built in. The PSN version supports Move. Using the standard controller for a game not meant to be played that way is obviously gonna suck.

[quote name='Tsukento']Did you play it with the standard controller? Because the game was designed around using a motion controller. The arcade original and Dreamcast port used a fishing rod controller that had motion controls built in. The PSN version supports Move. Using the standard controller for a game not meant to be played that way is obviously gonna suck.[/QUOTE]

Yes, standard controller. I have the game on Xbox. I didn't realize the game was designed around a special fishing rod controller.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Thoughts on Beat Hazard and Sky Fighter?[/QUOTE]

Sky Fighter is silly. I didn't play much of it, but it seems like some mindless fun.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']isn't there a demo?[/QUOTE]

Even if there's a demo, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole gaming experience. I just wanted other CAGs who've played through the game to sound off on their experiences, good and bad. Of course, I'll try the demo if available. I just like to get as much information as possible (reviews, CAG recommendations, demos) before deciding to buy a game

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Even if there's a demo, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole gaming experience. I just wanted other CAGs who've played through the game to sound off on their experiences, good and bad. Of course, I'll try the demo if available. I just like to get as much information as possible (reviews, CAG recommendations, demos) before deciding to buy a game[/QUOTE]

understood. I do the same as well usually, but try demos if available before asking around.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Even if there's a demo, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole gaming experience. I just wanted other CAGs who've played through the game to sound off on their experiences, good and bad. Of course, I'll try the demo if available. I just like to get as much information as possible (reviews, CAG recommendations, demos) before deciding to buy a game[/QUOTE]
Read the thread. There was a bit of discussion about it yesterday. [quote name='metrognome']Don't think I saw it on the first post but the Mass Effect 2 for 19.99 download was pretty sweet. I've been wanting to play this game for the longest but never got motivated to buy. Taking forever to download, but it should be worth it.[/QUOTE]
That was a permanent price drop that happened a few weeks ago. It's not really a deal any more.

Beat Hazard is pretty cool, its like Geometry Wars but with your own music providing the soundtrack which changes the gameplay. Considering it but wondering if the sale on it ends tonight or if it will go another week.

[quote name='metrognome']Don't think I saw it on the first post but the Mass Effect 2 for 19.99 download was pretty sweet. I've been wanting to play this game for the longest but never got motivated to buy. Taking forever to download, but it should be worth it.[/QUOTE]
FYI: The physical version of the game has been $19.99 for a while now at many stores too.

PS Store Update is up. Lots of discounts, my quick once-over didn't result in any vital purchases, but I'll be looking more in depth later.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 is $5, not bad for a game once priced at $15.

[quote name='coolz481']Grandia for $5.99 got my attention! I *think* this is the first time a non-Resident Evil PSOne classic has been discounted.[/QUOTE]
I grabbed Dino Crisis when it was discounted and I know Suikoden was on sale like year or two ago, so no?

Earthworm Jim HD for $2.99! Hot damn!

Also, how's that Modern Combat: Domination game? I was never really interested in it, but the $2.99 price tag is sure interesting me. I may have to get me a Max Payne avatar as well.

picked up trine, tales of monkey island bundle, and earthworm jim

never played any of these games but they look cool, i saw that trine 2 just came out so hopefully i like these games

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Read the thread. There was a bit of discussion about it yesterday.
That was a permanent price drop that happened a few weeks ago. It's not really a deal any more.[/QUOTE]

My mistake, they had it sorted with the holiday deals. Now that I recall I did see it in Sears clearance for $20.

LA Noire: Complete Edition - $34.99 ($24.99 PS+) - 28.4GB
LA Noire: Vanilla Edition - $31.99 - 13 GB

Reeeeallly tempted to get the complete LA Noire, but taking up nearly 30GB of data is insane (especially with UVerse implementing a cap on data).

[quote name='JJSP']LA Noire: Complete Edition - $34.99 ($24.99 PS+) - 28.4GB
LA Noire: Vanilla Edition - $31.99 - 13 GB

Reeeeallly tempted to get the complete LA Noire, but taking up nearly 30GB of data is insane (especially with UVerse implementing a cap on data).[/QUOTE]

If Sony ever regularly discounted digital retail releases better than what's available for their physical counterparts (like l.a. noire complete there) I'd need to put a chastity belt on my wallet to avoid doing anything rash.

[quote name='tylerh1701']PS Store Update is up. Lots of discounts, my quick once-over didn't result in any vital purchases, but I'll be looking more in depth later.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 is $5, not bad for a game once priced at $15.[/QUOTE]

Bionic commando rearmed 2 also has always-online DRM which should never happen with consoles/anything. So I recommend no one buy it.

[quote name='Barry Burton']picked up trine, tales of monkey island bundle, and earthworm jim

never played any of these games but they look cool, i saw that trine 2 just came out so hopefully i like these games[/QUOTE]

Trine is one of my favorite downloadables of all time. Good luck on the other two....

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Bionic commando rearmed 2 also has always-online DRM which should never happen with consoles/anything. So I recommend no one buy it.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I play PS3 I'm online, so didn't bother me. Reminded me of this tho, haha:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-bMtwfTg/0/L/i-bMtwfTg-L.jpg

EJ HD for $2.99 sounds like a good deal as the game is good for some old school memories. But it is supposed to be really hard. Even harder now that we all got soft on "easy" games in the next gen.

[quote name='Tsel']Earthworm Jim HD for $2.99! Hot damn!

Also, how's that Modern Combat: Domination game? I was never really interested in it, but the $2.99 price tag is sure interesting me. I may have to get me a Max Payne avatar as well.[/QUOTE]

got it for like 1.49 or something a couple of months ago, really not that bad, esp. for the price, and people are still playing it last time i played (about 2 - 3 weeks ago)

hmmmm....maybe some Grandia and Blokus.
Any one play One Epic Game the mini?

Cool, Homefront is on sale. Just in time so we can start training now that Kim Jong Un is in charge.

Here are the deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
1942: Joint Strike - $4.99
Age Of Booty - $2.99
Armageddon Riders - $6.99
Astro Tripper - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Bionic Commando Rearmed - $4.99
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 - $4.99
Blokus - $1.99 - PlayStation Move Support
Bomberman Ultra - $4.99
Cuboid - $4.99
Daytona USA - $6.99
Dragon’s Lair Trilogy Bundle - $19.99 - 3.21 GB - Includes Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, and Dragon's Lair II
Earthworm Jim HD - $2.99
Far Cry 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Final Fight/Double Impact - $4.99
Flock - $4.99
Hamsterball - $4.99
Homefront - $19.99
Interpol: The Trail Of Dr. Chaos - $4.99
Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition - $29.99 - 7.5 GB - Includes Game + All DLC
L.A. Noire - $31.99
L.A. Noire Complete Edition Bundle - $34.99 - 28.4 GB - Includes Game + All DLC
Magic Orbz - $4.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $4.99
Modern Combat: Domination - $2.99 - PlayStation Move Compatible
Red Dead Redemption And Undead Nightmare Collection Bundle - $34.99
Renegade Ops - $11.99
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - $19.99 - PlayStation Move Compatible
Ricochet HD - $4.99
Section 8: Prejudice Holiday Bundle - $10.49 - 5.46 GB - Includes Section 8 and Section 8: Prejudice
Sega Bass Fishing - $6.99 - PlayStation Move Compatible
Sega Rally Online Arcade - $5.99
Smash Cars - $7.49
Sonic Adventure Bundle - $11.99 - Includes Game + All DLC
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - $6.99
Sonic's 20th Birthday Bundle - $19.99 - Includes Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 4 Eps. 1, and Sonic Adventure + DLC
Space Channel 5 Part 2 - $6.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Complete Pack - $19.99 - Includes Game + All DLC
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo - $4.99
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $4.99
Trine - $4.99
Wakeboarding HD - $4.99
Wolf Of The Battlefield: Commando 3 - $2.99

PS1 Classics
Grandia - $5.99

Minis
5-In-1 Arcade Hits - $0.99
Arcade Essentials + Arcade Essentials Evolution Bundle - $6.99
Blimp: The Flying Adventures - $0.99
Doodle Pool - PSP/PS3 - $0.99 - Permanent Price Drop
The Impossible Game - $0.99
Jewel Keepers+Urbanix Bundle - $5.99
Minisquadron - $0.99
One Epic Game - $0.99
Retro Cave Flyer - $0.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Zombie Racers - $0.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PSP
101-in-1 Megamix+Fading Shadows Bundle - $13.99
Activision Hits Remixed - $7.49
Bakugan: Defenders Of The Core - $9.99
Cabela’s African Safari - $7.49
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $7.49
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded - $4.99
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed - $4.99
Capcom Puzzle World - $4.99
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99
Crash Tag Team Racing - $7.49
Darkstalkers: Chaos Towers - $4.99
Fate/Unlimited Codes - $9.99
Gun: Showdown - $7.49
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - $4.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $9.99
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99
Power Stone Collection - $4.99
Rapala Pro Bass Fishing - $9.99
Rapala Trophies - $7.49
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - $4.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99
Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins - $4.99

PlayStation Home
Alpha Protocol Gear Pack - $5.99

Add-ons
Resident Evil 5 - Untold Stories Bundle - $4.99
Section 8: Prejudice - Blitz Pack - $2.09
Section 8: Prejudice - Overdrive Map Pack - $2.79
Section 8: Prejudice - Frontier Colonies Map Pack - $2.79

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Cuboid - $3.99
Hamsterball - $3.99
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $3.99
L.A. Noire Complete Edition Bundle - $24.49 - 28.4 GB - Includes Game + All DLC
Magic Orbz - $3.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $3.99
Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Collection - $24.49
Renegade Ops - $8.99
Ricochet HD - $3.99
Section 8: Prejudice Holiday Bundle - $7.34 - Includes Section 8 and Section 8: Prejudice
Sega Bass Fishing - $4.89
Smash Cars - $5.99
Sonic Adventure Bundle - $8.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $4.99
Sonic's 20th Birthday BUndle - $14.99
Space Channel 5 Part 2 - $4.89
Tales of Monkey Island - $5.00
Wakeboarding HD - $3.99 - Includes Dynamic Theme

Minis
P.O.W. Prisoners Of War - $2.39
Prehistoric Isle - $2.39

Themes
A World Of Moving Shapes - $2.39 - Dynamic
Burgerbrained - $2.39 - Dynamic
Charlie’s Awfully Big - $2.39 - Dynamic
Cosmic Pencil - $2.39 - Dynamic
Eyelevator - $2.39 - Dynamic
Fantasy Mountains - $2.39 - Dynamic
Flicker - $2.39 - Dynamic
If You Go Down To The Woods - $2.39 - Dynamic
Lake Of Sorrows - $2.39 - Dynamic
Play - $2.39 - Dynamic
Spawn - $2.39 - Dynamic
Superfeierbend - $2.39 - Dynamic

:roll: Wow. They are REALLY pushing these full digital versions of games, aren't they? At least if they priced them CHEAPER it might entice more folks like me to buy em. But what the fuck is the point of MSRP pricing games like the RDR bundle when if you paid attention to sales you could've bought it for $5 less and had something you could resell if you got bored of it?

There's a couple games in there I'm considering though(Trine, for one), but these 'sales' are really meh lately. Where's the 50% off $14.99 games or at least halfway decent titles on sale.

Thanks for the update nonetheless though, Frisky.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll: Wow. They are REALLY pushing these full digital versions of games, aren't they? At least if they priced them CHEAPER it might entice more folks like me to buy em. But what the fuck is the point of MSRP pricing games like the RDR bundle when if you paid attention to sales you could've bought it for $5 less and had something you could resell if you got bored of it?

There's a couple games in there I'm considering though(Trine, for one), but these 'sales' are really meh lately. Where's the 50% off $14.99 games or at least halfway decent titles on sale.

Thanks for the update nonetheless though, Frisky.[/QUOTE]

Agree on multiple fronts.

I'm just not ready for full digital versions yet. They're a little bit too pricey, even on sale, and holy shit at the size! I'm still on a 120 GB HDD, so no way I'm letting LA Noire+DLC take up a 4th of that. PLUS, not being able to re-sale the game sucks. Being a CAG, at times I'm able to find a good enough price on a retail game where I can buy it, play it, and sell it for as much if not more than I paid. I'm definitely not getting any deals like that on digital versions of full games.

I've also been very disappointed in the recent sales. And PS+ has totally screwed non PS+ sales. Instead of giving an extra % off to PS+ members, they've just reduced the sales to non-PS+ by 20%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back