PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. $30 for Just Cause 2 is supposed to be a sale? Gee, Sony, I've only bought it multiple times for, like, $2.50 on Steam, AND it looks better than your version. Why would I ever bite on that?

I include bundles because they're usually a cheaper way to buy the game and whatever extra content comes with it than buying all of that stuff separately. You may not think it's a deal, but it is cheaper than the alternative option.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Agree on multiple fronts.

I'm just not ready for full digital versions yet. They're a little bit too pricey, even on sale, and holy shit at the size! I'm still on a 120 GB HDD, so no way I'm letting LA Noire+DLC take up a 4th of that. PLUS, not being able to re-sale the game sucks. Being a CAG, at times I'm able to find a good enough price on a retail game where I can buy it, play it, and sell it for as much if not more than I paid. I'm definitely not getting any deals like that on digital versions of full games.

I've also been very disappointed in the recent sales. And PS+ has totally screwed non PS+ sales. Instead of giving an extra % off to PS+ members, they've just reduced the sales to non-PS+ by 20%.[/QUOTE]
By the way, if you haven't played L.A. Noire vanilla edition as of yet and are subscribed to the @Gamer magazine from Best Buy, then you should know you can pick it up for $9.99 new this week with the coupon from the magazine. The coupon stacks with the $19.99 sale price.;)

I'm new to PS3 and Xbox, so it's a bit disheartening seeing what passes for a deal on them after being spoiled by Steam for years, but I appreciate the posts. Going on the Playstation Store itself doesn't make it clear in any way what's actually on sale.

Would it really hurt Capcom to put Resident Evil 4 HD and CV on sale for 9.99 each on christmas for plus members? I mean comon your putting RE5 gold for 20...two older games should be cheaper.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Would it really hurt Capcom to put Resident Evil 4 HD and CV on sale for 9.99 each on christmas for plus members? I mean comon your putting RE5 gold for 20...two older games should be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

they were 9.99 the week they were released for ps plus members, but yeah it would be nice to see that sale again

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I include bundles because they're usually a cheaper way to buy the game and whatever extra content comes with it than buying all of that stuff separately. You may not think it's a deal, but it is cheaper than the alternative option.[/QUOTE]
But not all of the DLC for a game really adds anything substantial to it. Case in point: Just Cause 2. You can get powerful enough weapons around the game world or buy them from the arms dealer or even hijack an APC with a turret on it in one of the enemy bases that're more powerful than some of the ones they've tried to sell via DLC packs.

Don't get me wrong, the packs are only a buck or two, so that's not too bad imo. But if they want more people who are value minded like some of us on CAG to embrace the digital download only 'future' of gaming, then they need to really re-consider the prices they're trying to charge for them.

I will always prefer a physical copy of a game to ANY downloadable version, even if it means I have to import it from overseas and modify any future consoles I own to play it. Thankfully Sony has at least been smart in this respect this gen in making it so a good portion of PS3 games are region free.

Oh and btw Frisky, I believe you missed a game in the PSN game list in post#3. I didn't see The Baconing(DeathSpank sequel) on the list. That's one of the games I'm currently waiting for a good sale on to purchase, as well as Thongs Of Virtue.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']By the way, if you haven't played L.A. Noire vanilla edition as of yet and are subscribed to the @Gamer magazine from Best Buy, then you should know you can pick it up for $9.99 new this week with the coupon from the magazine. The coupon stacks with the $19.99 sale price.;)[/QUOTE]

I ended up biting on the $14.99 price of Gamefly a few weeks ago. So I have it, and already lost a couple bucks on it, but I haven't played it yet.

Thanks though. I didn't realize one of the guys from Mad Men was the main character until I plugged it in and looked at his face. That's so awesome.

Well fuck, my PS3 just got its third YLOD...I think I'm gonna give up on re-flowing it and finally send it in to get the solder swapped for lead-based solder. I was thinking of using these guys.

Anyways, on topic part. Any predictions on good holiday sales? If there may be some, I'll just re-flow it again and ship it out after the christmas, else I'll just bite the bullet and ship it off now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But not all of the DLC for a game really adds anything substantial to it. Case in point: Just Cause 2. You can get powerful enough weapons around the game world or buy them from the arms dealer or even hijack an APC with a turret on it in one of the enemy bases that're more powerful than some of the ones they've tried to sell via DLC packs.

Don't get me wrong, the packs are only a buck or two, so that's not too bad imo. But if they want more people who are value minded like some of us on CAG to embrace the digital download only 'future' of gaming, then they need to really re-consider the prices they're trying to charge for them.

I will always prefer a physical copy of a game to ANY downloadable version, even if it means I have to import it from overseas and modify any future consoles I own to play it. Thankfully Sony has at least been smart in this respect this gen in making it so a good portion of PS3 games are region free.

Oh and btw Frisky, I believe you missed a game in the PSN game list in post#3. I didn't see The Baconing(DeathSpank sequel) on the list. That's one of the games I'm currently waiting for a good sale on to purchase, as well as Thongs Of Virtue.[/QUOTE]
If you want to take the "It's good enough" approach than I see your point, but the whole point of this thread is to show you everything in the PS Store that is on sale below the normal price. Whether you want to argue semantics about if it's a good deal at all isn't really the point, as it's there to let you see if certain items are cheap enough for you to consider buying. You're not likely to see retail games on PSN go on sale right as they're added to the store unless it's their best chance to grab sales like de Blob 2. Those games will be added at MSRP, so it would be in your best interest to hold off for actual sales that would bring it down to the $10 to $15 range that is much more appealing to most. Since Square Enix is the publisher, that specifically puts a damper on Just Cause 2 because they are generally not an active participant in sales for whatever reason.

Just Cause 2 at any price is a great game that's worth the money, as my original $60 investment got me about 65 hours of one of my favorite games ever and that was still only enough to get me to about 48% completion. I'd actually consider jumping on the $30 bundle for the convenience if I can find out whether saves from the retail version are compatible. There are actually some really nice items available for purchase, like the rocket-powered parachute and a missile launcher that can fire four lock-on missiles at four different targets in the aerial pack.

You'd probably best steer clear of the retail games on PSN anyway since you always bring up your crappy connection and downloading 4-8 GB games would probably drive you to suicide from the way you talk about it in your posts.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Well fuck, my PS3 just got its third YLOD...I think I'm gonna give up on re-flowing it and finally send it in to get the solder swapped for lead-based solder. I was thinking of using these guys.

Anyways, on topic part. Any predictions on good holiday sales? If there may be some, I'll just re-flow it again and ship it out after the christmas, else I'll just bite the bullet and ship it off now.[/QUOTE]
FYI: If you don't mind losing any BC besides PS1 BC that you may have, Sony does offer a 120gb refurb for $100 when sending in your old fat model PS3.

For some reason though they don't allow the 40gb or 80gb models to qualify for this program.:whistle2:s

[quote name='FriskyTanuki'] There are actually some really nice items available for purchase, like the rocket-powered parachute and a missile launcher that can fire four lock-on missiles at four different targets in the aerial pack.

You'd probably best steer clear of the retail games on PSN anyway since you always bring up your crappy connection and downloading 4-8 GB games would probably drive you to suicide from the way you talk about it in your posts.[/QUOTE]
I think I did download one or two of the 'packs' for JC2, yet for the life of me I never got around to even finishing the storyline. I would always meander around the game world liberating random villages and doing massive amounts of exploring the game world via parachute/grappling hook.:lol:

I think I did the same with the original game as well.

But I definitely don't see myself EVER buying a downloadable version of a game that actually had a physical format version released unless that downloadable version of a game is half off or better from the current MSRP of the physical version.

The major point of the game for me is to just explore and liberate villages while taking on the occasional mission. I stopped doing story missions after they set me free, so I've gotten to 50% completion just from the exploration aspects of the game since it does a great job of rewarding you for just fucking around.

There were a few free items that I believe are just vehicles, which nobody that's playing the game well would bother with. At most, you'd surf vehicles during downtime.

I got a couple of emails about CinemaNow, which is Best Buy's movie/TV streaming service like Vudu, and they're offering codes for a free movie. It seems like it's an actual purchase rather than a rental with the way they word it in the instructions for redeeming the code. So check your emails if you've signed up for the service before.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Anyways, on topic part. Any predictions on good holiday sales? If there may be some, I'll just re-flow it again and ship it out after the christmas, else I'll just bite the bullet and ship it off now.[/QUOTE]

These are the holiday sales, at least up until Christmas, cuz the next publish won't be until the 27th. And I don't see them discounting all that much then either.

After full review, I'm definitely disappointed with these sales. Contemplating Sonic 4 Ep.1, Modern Combat, and Section 8 PS+ Bundle.

Thanks for posting Frisky, I would have missed the Section 8 bundle otherwise.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I got a couple of emails about CinemaNow, which is Best Buy's movie/TV streaming service like Vudu, and they're offering codes for a free movie. It seems like it's an actual purchase rather than a rental with the way they word it in the instructions for redeeming the code. So check your emails if you've signed up for the service before.[/QUOTE]

It is a purchase. I have about 20 of those movies now just from the free codes.

Also I noticed that La Noire complete is 35 for everyone this week and 25 for ps+ at a whopping 18 gigs download.

[quote name='Vegan']I'm new to PS3 and Xbox, so it's a bit disheartening seeing what passes for a deal on them after being spoiled by Steam for years, but I appreciate the posts. Going on the Playstation Store itself doesn't make it clear in any way what's actually on sale.[/QUOTE]
idk about xbox as i would never ever own one of those but yest PSN deals are about as shitty as shitty can be, nothing ever good and most of the games are fail anyways. the only good thing about my ps3 is red dead redemption and demons souls. i will not be buying a ps4 thats for fucking sure

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The major point of the game for me is to just explore and liberate villages while taking on the occasional mission. I stopped doing story missions after they set me free, so I've gotten to 50% completion just from the exploration aspects of the game since it does a great job of rewarding you for just fucking around.

There were a few free items that I believe are just vehicles, which nobody that's playing the game well would bother with. At most, you'd surf vehicles during downtime.[/QUOTE]
Did you find all of the lil secrets in the game by any chance? I know I kept setting GPS coordinates using the map screen and a list I found on a website to see quite a few of them.

But there were quite a few secrets in this game. I found the one secret' weapon
a bubble gun
completely by accident when just putzing around on the map.

[quote name='redmangoose']PSN should learn how to hold sales like Steam...[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem like PSN even does a good job of showing what's even on sale when you go there. I have to rely on forum threads like this. That says a lot for how far behind they are.

PS - Newbie question: Is there any way to sort my purchases? Alphabetically, or anything like that? I've bought 3 things and it looks like they're just listed in purchase order. This could get hard to sift through before too long. It's bad enough that it's just one long single column.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'd actually consider jumping on the $30 bundle for the convenience if I can find out whether saves from the retail version are compatible.[/QUOTE]

Frisky, I did not see anyone else answer this, but I have bought a few games through the PSN that I replaced my Retail copies with and all my save files worked just fine. I can't guarantee it with this game as I don't have either copy of it but I have done it with at least 4-5 others and they were all just fine.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: If you don't mind losing any BC besides PS1 BC that you may have, Sony does offer a 120gb refurb for $100 when sending in your old fat model PS3.[/QUOTE]

Ya, mines a launch 60 gb model, no way I'm letting it go :D. Cost of repair for me is not an issue (besides, swapping the solder basically makes it un-YLOD-able), I just don't want to miss out on discounts and sales and PS+ stuff because of it being out for repairs.

[quote name='tylerh1701']These are the holiday sales, at least up until Christmas, cuz the next publish won't be until the 27th. And I don't see them discounting all that much then either.[/QUOTE]

Really? This is it...sad....

I have 3 of the old body stile PS3s. One is the 160GB Drake's Uncharted version (still sealed from years ago) and I have two 80GB ones that are currently hooked up in 2 different places.

[quote name='Vegan']PS - Newbie question: Is there any way to sort my purchases? Alphabetically, or anything like that? I've bought 3 things and it looks like they're just listed in purchase order. This could get hard to sift through before too long. It's bad enough that it's just one long single column.[/QUOTE]

press the square buton (or triangle and choose sort to go through the options )
edit - also in the triangle screen if you go to information you can add a name (under album) to a game and that (if on that specific sort option) will sort all games with the same name together

[quote name='Vegan']It doesn't seem like PSN even does a good job of showing what's even on sale when you go there. I have to rely on forum threads like this. That says a lot for how far behind they are.

PS - Newbie question: Is there any way to sort my purchases? Alphabetically, or anything like that? I've bought 3 things and it looks like they're just listed in purchase order. This could get hard to sift through before too long. It's bad enough that it's just one long single column.[/QUOTE]

its a jap thing, just look at how they handled fukashima

Hey guys,

What's the best place to buy PSN cards? I don't feel comfortable putting my credit card information on PSN, hah. Worst case, I'll just go to Best Buy...

Thanks

[quote name='mikochu']Hey guys,

What's the best place to buy PSN cards? I don't feel comfortable putting my credit card information on PSN, hah. Worst case, I'll just go to Best Buy...

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Target has $20 PSN cards on sale this week..... for $19. :D

[quote name='Vegan']It doesn't seem like PSN even does a good job of showing what's even on sale when you go there. I have to rely on forum threads like this. That says a lot for how far behind they are.

PS - Newbie question: Is there any way to sort my purchases? Alphabetically, or anything like that? I've bought 3 things and it looks like they're just listed in purchase order. This could get hard to sift through before too long. It's bad enough that it's just one long single column.[/QUOTE]
it's alot easier to find what's on sale then before on psn. If the price has a slash through it, under the discount section ... it's probably a sale:)

One member replied to sorting your games on the xmb. However, I dont know of any way to sort your games under the downloaded tab on the psn. Which is a pain when you have 400+ downloads on there

[quote name='shadowkast']it's alot easier to find what's on sale then before on psn. If the price has a slash through it, under the discount section ... it's probably a sale:)

One member replied to sorting your games on the xmb. However, I dont know of any way to sort your games under the downloaded tab on the psn. Which is a pain when you have 400+ downloads on there[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hope they add a feature that allows you to sort your download history in the future. I like to download a lot of the free avatars and stuff with PS+ and that can take a lot of unnecessary space in my download history.. Same for demos.

[quote name='tomwaits1']Target has $20 PSN cards on sale this week..... for $19. :D[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I saw that in the add and laughed my ass off. Hope Target doesn't break the bank with that sale.

Anyways, I've seen $50 cards for like $46.xx at Sam's Club regular price (slightly better deal than the Target deal) but for the most part buying a PSN card anywhere is fine, as they rarely go on sale. And if you do go to Sam's Club, good luck dealing with the fucking numbskulls there if it doesn't activate or something...

Wow the new Monkey Island games for $5? Sounds like a good deal to me.

I saw Grandia is in the 50% off section this week. It's normally $12??

Lastly, thinking of snagging Earthworm Jim HD, Blokus, and Wolf of the Battlefield since they are all super cheap. Any thoughts on Wolf? I've heard it's just awful but how bad could it be for $3? Also is Trine worth $5? Going to download the demo (if there is one) and check it out.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha yeah I saw that in the add and laughed my ass off. Hope Target doesn't break the bank with that sale.

Anyways, I've seen $50 cards for like $46.xx at Sam's Club regular price (slightly better deal than the Target deal) but for the most part buying a PSN card anywhere is fine, as they rarely go on sale. And if you do go to Sam's Club, good luck dealing with the fucking numbskulls there if it doesn't activate or something...[/QUOTE]

We saw it in stores, and we were making fun of it too. Omg, $19, we should buy 20! etc.

[quote name='vherub']is there a similar site to xbldb.com for psn stuff?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. xbldb.com scans the xbox.com site for price changes. Since Playstation's site is absolute garbage and you can't buy things from it (I don't even know if it lists the prices), I don't think it would be possible to make an xbldb for PSN.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Lastly, thinking of snagging Earthworm Jim HD, Blokus, and Wolf of the Battlefield since they are all super cheap. Any thoughts on Wolf? I've heard it's just awful but how bad could it be for $3? Also is Trine worth $5? Going to download the demo (if there is one) and check it out.[/QUOTE]

No trophies for Wolf.

I paid $15 for Trine and don't regret it. Possibly my favorite PSN game!

[quote name='tylerh1701']No trophies for Wolf.

I paid $15 for Trine and don't regret it. Possibly my favorite PSN game![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips. Definitely going to pass on Wolf then. Gotta at least give me some trophies if you are going to be a subpar game.

Probably going to snag Trine then as well. Still waiting on the demo to download.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Gotta at least give me some trophies if you are going to be a subpar game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel.

Also, I just realized the Blokus isn't that stupid tower-knocking-over move game (what's that called?), but some sort of tetris-like block puzzle game. I'll be getting it when I get home.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Exactly how I feel.

Also, I just realized the Blokus isn't that stupid tower-knocking-over move game (what's that called?), but some sort of tetris-like block puzzle game. I'll be getting it when I get home.[/QUOTE]

It is a board game adaptation. I don't know how good the PSN version is, but it is a good game.

Thinking about getting these titles:
1942: Joint Strike - $4.99
Sonic's 20th Birthday Bundle - $19.99 - Includes Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 4 Eps. 1, and Sonic Adventure + DLC
Daytona USA - $6.99
Final Fight/Double Impact - $4.99
Sega Rally Online Arcade - $5.99
Trine - $4.99

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Thinking about getting these titles:
1942: Joint Strike - $4.99
Sonic's 20th Birthday Bundle - $19.99 - Includes Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 4 Eps. 1, and Sonic Adventure + DLC
Daytona USA - $6.99
Final Fight/Double Impact - $4.99
Sega Rally Online Arcade - $5.99
Trine - $4.99[/QUOTE]

Assuming it's identical on PS3 I would recommend Final Fight/Double Impact. Got it on 360 and it's really a lot of fun. One of the better beat 'em ups of its day. The bonus game is also pretty cool, though it takes forever to beat.

Everyone should be aware that some of the newer Capcom PSN releases like Final Fight/Double Impact and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 require you to be signed into PSN or you can't play at all. Even single player. So... if you ever have internet trouble, PSN gets hacked again, or they ever drop PS3 support after PS4 is released you can't play these games at all.

[quote name='brernurse']Frisky, I did not see anyone else answer this, but I have bought a few games through the PSN that I replaced my Retail copies with and all my save files worked just fine. I can't guarantee it with this game as I don't have either copy of it but I have done it with at least 4-5 others and they were all just fine.[/QUOTE]
There are games like Burnout Paradise and Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition that aren't compatible because the version on PSN isn't the exact same game as what's on disc, so the saves aren't compatible. That's why I'm waiting for word on Just Cause 2's save compatibility.
[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow the new Monkey Island games for $5? Sounds like a good deal to me.

I saw Grandia is in the 50% off section this week. It's normally $12??

Lastly, thinking of snagging Earthworm Jim HD, Blokus, and Wolf of the Battlefield since they are all super cheap. Any thoughts on Wolf? I've heard it's just awful but how bad could it be for $3? Also is Trine worth $5? Going to download the demo (if there is one) and check it out.[/QUOTE]
Grandia's normal $10.

Wolf of the Battlefield's an alright arcade shooter for $3, though I'd suggest getting Rocketmen before that game if you have the option and only want one. You can check out the demo on XBLA to see if $3 is worth it for you.

Trine is a must have for anybody that likes action-puzzle-platformers.
[quote name='tylerh1701']Frisky, are you going to update this OP?[/QUOTE]
Sorry. I've been at work all day and will update it when I get the chance in a bit. It took long enough to type up the list yesterday with how long it was that I didn't have the time to put them in the OP.

New Releases > Special Offers for general PSN deals
PlayStation Plus > Discounts for PS+ deals

It's not that hard to access them.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you find all of the lil secrets in the game by any chance? I know I kept setting GPS coordinates using the map screen and a list I found on a website to see quite a few of them.

But there were quite a few secrets in this game. I found the one secret' weapon
a bubble gun
completely by accident when just putzing around on the map.[/QUOTE]
Probably not all of them, but I've found a lot thanks to Achievement Hunter's videos.

I've seen:
The Lost Island
The Pie Island
The Mile High Club (not that much of a secret)
The vandalism you can perform on the dictator's billboards
The bubble gun

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']New Releases > Special Offers for general PSN deals
PlayStation Plus > Discounts for PS+ deals

It's not that hard to access them.
[/QUOTE]

As someone with a fresh perspective from the outside looking in... "New Releases" isn't the most intuitive place to list sales on back catalog titles. I never would have looked there.

It's weird Sony-logic, but at least I know now.

[quote name='mikochu']Hey guys,

Thanks[/QUOTE]
FYI: If you take part in any of the Kmart game sales advertised in the KmartGamer thread on CAG, those coupons you get most times with purchases are good towards PSN/XBL card purchases usually.

I had 1-2 for $15 off a while ago and I picked up a GH title for PS3 for $5 and a PSN $20 card for $5 as well.;)
[quote name='Chrono Gear']
Lastly, thinking of snagging Earthworm Jim HD, Blokus, and Wolf of the Battlefield since they are all super cheap. Any thoughts on Wolf? I've heard it's just awful but how bad could it be for $3? Also is Trine worth $5? Going to download the demo (if there is one) and check it out.[/QUOTE]
Try watching a YouTube video of each in action. I'm still debating on Commando 3 myself. For $3 though, even if I play it for all of an hour I'll have my value back on it.;)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Assuming it's identical on PS3 I would recommend Final Fight/Double Impact. Got it on 360 and it's really a lot of fun. One of the better beat 'em ups of its day. The bonus game is also pretty cool, though it takes forever to beat.[/QUOTE]
Isn't Final Fight on PSN one of those Capcom games that REQUIRES you to be connected to PSN to play it though?

Why yes, yes it is.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/21/ps3-final-fight-double-impact-requires-psn-connection/

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Probably not all of them, but I've found a lot thanks to Achievement Hunter's videos.

I've seen:
The Lost Island
The Pie Island
The Mile High Club (not that much of a secret)
The vandalism you can perform on the dictator's billboards
The bubble gun
[/QUOTE]
Pie Island? Hmmm. I'll have to check that one out. I've seen these so far:

Lost Island, Mile High Club, billboard vandalism, bubble gun, beached whale(has a collectible in it) and the lagoon 'shark'

Here's a webpage that has coordinates to find quite a few of these: http://www.gamerzines.com/guides/just-cause-2/2-coordinates-coolhidden-stuff/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back