PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. I'm dying for a nice jRPG to play on my PS3 so I was hoping for an RPG month. I'd just suck it up and buy one, but now part of me is screaming "WAIT FOR THAT DEAL ON THE 17th!"

I've been wanting to get Swords & Solders to play with Move, but there hasn't been a deal on it in a while so this was a nice surprise.

I'm hoping that Dungeon Defenders is in the 12 for 12 sale since the DLC will also be on sale.

If you're wondering what's in the Capcom Super Pack that will be $10:
1942: Joint Strike
Age of Booty
Flock
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil (w/It Came From Uranus Pack)
Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

Looks like I need to start playing Dante's Inferno Trial. Might pick it up if I end up liking it

And I'll deff be picking up Crysis at that price

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've been wanting to get Swords & Solders to play with Move, but there hasn't been a deal on it in a while so this was a nice surprise.

I'm hoping that Dungeon Defenders is in the 12 for 12 sale since the DLC will also be on sale.

If you're wondering what's in the Capcom Super Pack that will be $10:
1942: Joint Strike
Age of Booty
Flock
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil (w/It Came From Uranus Pack)
Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3[/QUOTE]

I wonder, if you own even 1 of those games, if the bundle will be unavailable to you.

I'm not that interested in it, just curious to see if that's how it will work. I'm not at home right now so I can't check (I own Flock)

Great to see the original Crysis on sale, I´ll buy it for sure.
Now I feel stupid for buying Back to The Fture for $10 at Best Buy... oh well.

I actually wanted to play the back to the future games so this is a nice surprise.

I would love to see some PS1 classic RPGs at 50% off during the sales to add to my collection but we'll see~

[quote name='FerDK']Great to see the original Crysis on sale, I´ll buy it for sure.
Now I feel stupid for buying Back to The Fture for $10 at Best Buy... oh well.[/QUOTE]

Sell on Amazon (recoup a portion of your losses) or if it's unopened you can still return it, no?

[quote name='FerDK']Great to see the original Crysis on sale, I´ll buy it for sure.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I've been waiting on a sale for Crysis. I may even redeem my PS+ one month card to save a few more dollars.

Fuuuuu really nice >_< I need to renew the PS+

If someone have codes from the 1 month holiday promo and want to trade, please PM, I have some Steam Games and the PSN codes of my Signature.

DOH!

Bought Crysis from PSN two weeks ago for 20 bucks. Meh...sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Already have Back to the Future on PC but only played the first level so maybe I will play through on the PS3 for the trophies.

Syphon Filter trilogy for free is pretty nice to get your retro fix.

I have 32 bucks sitting on my account. Might have to get that Capcom bundle just for 1942 and SF.

Good thing I traded my Back to the Future to BBY last week.

I guess I can download the entire series and get some more trophies. Doesn't hurt that I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Good stuff Sony.

The Deals for this week:

PS3
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - $7.49
Worms Crazy Golf - $7.49

Minis
Alien Havoc & Bubble Trubble Bundle - $3.99
Bubble Trubble - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Darksiders - $15.99
Rocket Knight - $7.50

Games
Back to the Future: The Game
Darksiders - Full Game Trial
Sword & Soldiers HD
Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3

Well it took a year and a half but PS+ finally gave away a free game I already had. Bought Back to the Future when it was on sale for $9.something. Am I upset? Not really. Glad the suspense is over honestly. I see so many people gripe about getting free games they already paid for that I feel lucky it's such a rare occurrence for me.

Probably will buy Dante's DLC and the Dungeon Defenders DLC next week and maybe Rocket Knight this week since a lot of people seemed to want it to be discounted for so long.

Will have to look into the Capcom Super Pack as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brandtron8000']FYI if you're a trophy whore like me, only the disc version of Back to the Future has a platinum trophy, the downloadable version does not.[/QUOTE]

Get back on your corner, whore! :bouncy: :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Deals for this week:

PS3
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - $7.49
Worms Crazy Golf - $7.49

Minis
Alien Havoc & Bubble Trubble Bundle - $3.99
Bubble Trubble - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Darksiders - $15.99
Rocket Knight - $7.50

Games
Back to the Future: The Game
Darksiders - Full Game Trial
Sword & Soldiers HD
Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing the MvC2 and Worms Crazy Golf Discounts? I don't see them on PS Blog update, are they in the store?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Well it took a year and a half but PS+ finally gave away a free game I already had. Bought Back to the Future when it was on sale for $9.something. Am I upset? Not really. Glad the suspense is over honestly. I see so many people gripe about getting free games they already paid for that I feel lucky it's such a rare occupancy for me. [/QUOTE]

Really? I've only been PLUS for 6 months and I think Costume Quest, Marvel Pinball, and Swords & Soldiers have all been repeats for me. I don't bitch cuz I got them all on sale, but that's hard to believe you've never ran into a repeat.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Really? I've only been PLUS for 6 months and I think Costume Quest, Marvel Pinball, and Swords & Soldiers have all been repeats for me. I don't bitch cuz I got them all on sale, but that's hard to believe you've never ran into a repeat.[/QUOTE]

It's probably because I almost never bought anything on PSN before Plus started. I pretty much buy everything I can on XBLA.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Where are you seeing the MvC2 and Worms Crazy Golf Discounts? I don't see them on PS Blog update, are they in the store?[/QUOTE]
They're in the Special Offers section of the store. I usually comb through the store to make sure I catch everything since the update posts don't always have everything.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It's probably because I almost never bought anything on PSN before Plus started. I pretty much buy everything I can on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes sense.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're in the Special Offers section of the store. I usually comb through the store to make sure I catch everything since the update posts don't always have everything.[/QUOTE]

Well thank you for doing that. I wouldn't have even checked because I always rely on the update. But I'll start checking from now on, or just refer to your OP. I'm interested in Worms Crazy Golf so I'm glad I didn't miss it.

Ooh, hooray for free stuff that I (for once) don't have. Too bad the Syphon Filter games have not stood the test of time at all, if I remember correctly, the first two very pretty well received when they came out.

I almost bought BTTF disc version for $10 when Best Buy had it on sale for a DOTD a few weeks ago but it was luckily backordered so I cancelled it. Must have been the Backlog Karma letting me know it would be free.

I sense it will only be a matter of time before Jurassic Park follows suit...

[quote name='brandtron8000']FYI if you're a trophy whore like me, only the disc version of Back to the Future has a platinum trophy, the downloadable version does not.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I'm a trophy whore, I own the PSN versions of the BttF episodes and I wouldn't mind playing them again sometime. Plus, the disk is something like $10.

Guess I know what I'm getting next time I'm at Best Buy.

Crysis will be $10.49 next week for PS+. I'm guessing $15 for non-subscribers since they list is as 30%.

Nearly half off is a damn sweet deal for a full-sized game. I love Crysis 2, but have been wanting to play through Crysis 1' story before going back and playing through Crysis 2' story a second time to get the platinum.

I'm interested in Darksiders.. but that price is still too high (for PS+). Max I'd pay right now is around $7. I guess Best Buy has spoiled me, the 360 version was $5 so I'm not going to pay much more than that.

Sorry if mentioned already, but on the Official PS Blog, there is mention of a "12 for 12" sale coming to PSN on 1/17/12 and it will have additional discounts for PS+ subscribers.

To counter the platinum, they also decreased trophy values I think. So instead of 5 golds, 15 whatever silvers there's only 1 gold and so on. So it balances out, a bit. But, for $10, you can get the entire trophy set again, so still not bad. I'm not a trophy whore enough to play it twice for the plat though.

[quote name='GT']Sorry if mentioned already, but on the Official PS Blog, there is mention of a "12 for 12" sale coming to PSN on 1/17/12 and it will have additional discounts for PS+ subscribers.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for this. They even said something like "great psn games that will be on sale for the first time" or something. I have extremely high hopes. Give me PJ Shooter, Joe Danger and Echochrome for 50% off and I'll fill my wallet up with joy.

But it'll probably be lame.

[quote name='Trace17']I can't wait for this. They even said something like "great psn games that will be on sale for the first time" or something. I have extremely high hopes. Give me PJ Shooter, Joe Danger and Echochrome for 50% off and I'll fill my wallet up with joy.

But it'll probably be lame.[/QUOTE]
Those three have been on sale before, so they don't fit the first time sale part of that equation.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Those three have been on sale before, so they don't fit the first time sale part of that equation.[/QUOTE]

"We can’t reveal what the games are just yet, but if you love PSN games, you’re going to see a lot of great first-time sales on titles and get them 50% off with PlayStation Plus."

They didn't say they would ALL be first-time sales. ;)

[quote name='Trace17']I can't wait for this. They even said something like "great psn games that will be on sale for the first time" or something. I have extremely high hopes. Give me PJ Shooter, Joe Danger and Echochrome for 50% off and I'll fill my wallet up with joy.
[/QUOTE]

All three of those games have been on sale before.

Holy shit. Sword and Soldiers, Back to The Future and all Three Syphon Filter games for free.

Hell of a month for PS+

Although still waiting for a bigger drop on Rocket Knight, whether it be Steam or PSN. $7.50 doesn't do it for me, but I will gladly take it for $5 on PSN or $2.50 on Steam.

I could see Payday definitely being one of them, though Rochard and Sideway had PS+ deals at launch so they may not qualify. This comes from a PS+ post, so they're talking to that audience with the claim that these haven't been on sale before. Dungeon Defenders is another game I'd expect to be part of the sale since they're also putting the DLC on sale that same week.

Potential 12 for '12 Games:

PayDay: The Heist
Dungeon Defenders
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition

Just look for games that came out in 2011, probably from January to November, that haven't been on sale or had PS+ discounts at launch and you'd have a good idea of what they may be hinting at. There's nothing guaranteed since they haven't been that clear about what to expect nor will we hear details until the sale is closer.

Thanks for the update. I'm downloading Back the the Future and Syphon Filter 1-3 now.

This may be old news, but I ran across a free Batman Inc. Batsuit skin for Arkham City.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I could see Payday definitely being one of them, though Rochard and Sideway had PS+ deals at launch so they may not qualify. This comes from a PS+ post, so they're talking to that audience with the claim that these haven't been on sale before. Dungeon Defenders is another game I'd expect to be part of the sale since they're also putting the DLC on sale that same week.

Potential 12 for '12 Games:

PayDay: The Heist
Dungeon Defenders
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition

Just look for games that came out in 2011, probably from January to November, that haven't been on sale or had PS+ discounts at launch and you'd have a good idea of what they may be hinting at. There's nothing guaranteed since they haven't been that clear about what to expect nor will we hear details until the sale is closer.[/QUOTE]

Less good but also possible games may include:

Dead Block
Echochrome 2
Elevator Action
Burgertime World Tour
Hamilton's Great Adventure
From Dust (had PS+ opening week discount)
MLB Bobblehead Pros
Okabu (PS+ opening week discount)
Pixeljunk Sidescroller
Rocketbirds (PS+ opening week discount)
Skydrift
Slam Bolt Scrappers
War of the Worlds

[quote name='Jam Of Truth']Hmm. I'm a trophy whore, I own the PSN versions of the BttF episodes and I wouldn't mind playing them again sometime. Plus, the disk is something like $10.

Guess I know what I'm getting next time I'm at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
I think they raised the price back up to MSRP($19.99) at Best Buy, but it's currently $9.99 at Gamestop.

PS Plus is awesome, I save so much money with the free stuff and discounts, never played the Syphon Filters but for free why the hell not and I grabbed BttF and MvC 2, now I don't have to break out my dreamcast everytime I want to play it.

I remember playing the original Syphon Filter about 12 years ago on the PS1 and even then I thought the character models were kinda abhorrent. Square Head(aka Gabe Logan) was kinda ugly to look at, even for PS1 graphical standards.

But I did play through the whole game back then because it WAS fun. But I just Googled some YouTube video of the PSN re-release and I gotta say that it's an uglier game than I remember.

For "free"(if I use my 3 PS+ freebie codes) it's worth another playthrough, but I wouldn't spend one nickel on a downloadable version of it.

that would be sweet for deadblock, echochrome 2, dungeon defenders, slam bolt scrappers. good stuff
okabu and rocketbirds each got plats also(so does dd) that would be nice...

According to capcom unity the original mvc3 dlc characters and costume pack are on sale this week too (they import dandily in to umvc3). that may have already been mentioned, but there it is again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back