PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_ENEMY_']still unsure about MVC2. mvc3 was not my kinda fighting game....[/QUOTE]

I'm used to Street Fighter. I couldn't stand MvC2, when I first got it. Now, I play it 90% of the time! I just gotta figure out how to switch between characters!:whistle2:#

However, I got Ultimate MvC3 for $20(google/newegg thing), played it once, and it's been sitting! It has me doing all kinds of special moves for no reason and getting to the final boss fast :whistle2:# .

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I remember playing the original Syphon Filter about 12 years ago on the PS1 and even then I thought the character models were kinda abhorrent. Square Head(aka Gabe Logan) was kinda ugly to look at, even for PS1 graphical standards.

But I did play through the whole game back then because it WAS fun. But I just Googled some YouTube video of the PSN re-release and I gotta say that it's an uglier game than I remember.

For "free"(if I use my 3 PS+ freebie codes) it's worth another playthrough, but I wouldn't spend one nickel on a downloadable version of it.[/QUOTE]

I said this in the PS3 forum, but Syphon Filter is god awful. I couldnt play past the first part of the first level. I dont see how you will get past it either if you thought they were ugly back in the day. I LOVED the games back in the day too.

[quote name='wrencrest']I said this in the PS3 forum, but Syphon Filter is god awful. I couldnt play past the first part of the first level. I dont see how you will get past it either if you thought they were ugly back in the day. I LOVED the games back in the day too.[/QUOTE]
I mean, I did enjoy the games, but the character models(especially Gabe) were just blech.

Question, how does MvC 2 still hold up today in comparison to MvC 3 (gameplay wise)? Because quite seriously I am thinking about skipping UMvC3 (I had MvC 3 and liked it, but I really don't feel like rebuying a roster update).

I am not a huge fighting fan (but I do enjoy them from time to time) so the $7.50 price tag is compelling for me.

Also, question -

As a PS+ member, say I want Back to the Future, but don't want to download it now because I'm not going to play it now. So I go into the store, click on it, click Download, agree to the PS+ terms, and am taken to the download page. Now I back out, so I've essentially "purchased" the game even though I didn't download it. Can I download it in 3 months from now for free, as long as I'm still a PS+ member?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, as long as you've "purchased" it, you can download it whenever you want as a PS+ member.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure. Thanks. :D

Also debating Rocket Knight. The demo was pretty fun, but with my huge backlog, I'm really trying to not break the $5 threshold for XBLA/PSN games. Decisions decisions...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Question, how does MvC 2 still hold up today in comparison to MvC 3 (gameplay wise)? Because quite seriously I am thinking about skipping UMvC3 (I had MvC 3 and liked it, but I really don't feel like rebuying a roster update).

I am not a huge fighting fan (but I do enjoy them from time to time) so the $7.50 price tag is compelling for me.[/QUOTE]

The lobbies are kinda scarce as in it takes a bit to get a match, but unless your good and know what moves to do you'll will probably be defeated pretty easily. I am not a good player so i keep getting defeated without even killing one of their fighters but i still enjoy it from time to time. I think it plays pretty well and it's still fun if you play within friends because you can sh!t talk to each other but thats my point of view. I was thinking of getting UMvC3 but i hate those that are really good because thats all they play kinda people and I don't want to get defeated without even hitting them once so i'll just stay away from that. That , and i bought super street fighter for full price and i never played it.

[quote name='Borellius']The lobbies are kinda scarce as in it takes a bit to get a match, but unless your good and know what moves to do you'll will probably be defeated pretty easily. I am not a good player so i keep getting defeated without even killing one of their fighters but i still enjoy it from time to time. I think it plays pretty well and it's still fun if you play within friends because you can sh!t talk to each other but thats my point of view. I was thinking of getting UMvC3 but i hate those that are really good because thats all they play kinda people and I don't want to get defeated without even hitting them once so i'll just stay away from that. That , and i bought super street fighter for full price and i never played it.[/QUOTE]
I am just gonna grab it for Singleplayer really. No interest in MP because I suck at fighters.

Another dumb question...

The first download of Back to the Future says its a demo.
That is normal, right?
They gave the first part away for free?

[quote name='Zimmy']Another dumb question...

The first download of Back to the Future says its a demo.
That is normal, right?
They gave the first part away for free?[/QUOTE]

A lot of PSN games will say that when you download them but it will include a second download with the unlock key for the full game.

My OCD is killing me. I downloaded Back to the Future AND bought Monkey Island when it was five dollars. I wish it showed all the games in each series in one file on the XMB. instead each of them shows as five different games in the game list. OCD! OCD! OCD! I already had like 35 games on my HD. *sighs*

[quote name='tylerh1701']Less good but also possible games may include:

Dead Block
Echochrome 2
Elevator Action
Burgertime World Tour
Hamilton's Great Adventure
From Dust (had PS+ opening week discount)
MLB Bobblehead Pros
Okabu (PS+ opening week discount)
Pixeljunk Sidescroller
Rocketbirds (PS+ opening week discount)
Skydrift
Slam Bolt Scrappers
War of the Worlds[/QUOTE]
War of the Worlds is not even out yet on PSN. Did they post when it would be out? I was looking forward to it as it looked awesome in previews, but the 360 reviews seemed bleh.

[quote name='wtsutton']A lot of PSN games will say that when you download them but it will include a second download with the unlock key for the full game.

My OCD is killing me. I downloaded Back to the Future AND bought Monkey Island when it was five dollars. I wish it showed all the games in each series in one file on the XMB. instead each of them shows as five different games in the game list. OCD! OCD! OCD! I already had like 35 games on my HD. *sighs*[/QUOTE]That is anoying. The only one I have that does it right is blue toad.

Hmm...looks like the Capcom stuff is still on sale according to the first post. Just got a $20 PSN card might have to decide which 4 of the 6 games to get. Should I avoid any of these?

Darkstalkers PSP ($7 for a used copy at Gamestop)
Ultimate Ghost 'n Goblins PSP ($7 as well)
Trine (Probably going end up bundled with the sequel)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Remix (Have Street Fighter Anniversary on Xbox)
1942: Joint Strike (Got the original on the PSP Capcom collection)
Final Fight Double Impact (Have the original on GBA/PS2, Capcom Collection)

[quote name='wrencrest']War of the Worlds is not even out yet on PSN. Did they post when it would be out? I was looking forward to it as it looked awesome in previews, but the 360 reviews seemed bleh.[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad. It came out on XBLA so I guess I just assumed it released on PSN as well. The demo on XBLA is pretty cruddy, I don't even know if I'd go for it for $5.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Hmm...looks like the Capcom stuff is still on sale according to the first post. Just got a $20 PSN card might have to decide which 4 of the 6 games to get. Should I avoid any of these?

Final Fight Double Impact (Have the original on GBA/PS2, Capcom Collection)[/QUOTE]

Trine for $5, highly recommended. In fact, I can't recommend it enough. I paid full price for it when I first got my PS3 and have no regrets. It's easily worth $15.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Worms golf is awesome but way overpriced
Pick it up for under 5 or for a buck on your phone/tablet[/QUOTE]

SO overpriced. $15 is madness. I think I'll wait, thank you.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Worms golf is awesome but way overpriced
Pick it up for under 5 or for a buck on your phone/tablet[/QUOTE]

SO overpriced. $15 is madness. I think I'll wait, thank you.

[quote name='twztid13']Swords & Soldiers was awesome on Wii, so I can't wait to play the HD version :D.[/QUOTE]

I already have it on Steam, so I don't know if I need it on PS3.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Hmm...looks like the Capcom stuff is still on sale according to the first post. Just got a $20 PSN card might have to decide which 4 of the 6 games to get. Should I avoid any of these?

Final Fight Double Impact (Have the original on GBA/PS2, Capcom Collection)[/QUOTE]

Trine is FANTASTIC. Just beat it Monday night. LOVED IT...and can't wait to play the second one.

[quote name='twztid13']Swords & Soldiers was awesome on Wii, so I can't wait to play the HD version :D.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheLongshot']I already have it on Steam, so I don't know if I need it on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Maybe kind of spoilers but probably not, but just in case:

What the fuck is up with the last level on Swords & Soldiers? Can someone explain this to me? The game was playing at a fun, fairly challenging level and then BAM! They throw in the "fuck you" level at the very end. So stupid! This game lost major points in my book because of that last level.

[quote name='wtsutton']My OCD is killing me. I downloaded Back to the Future AND bought Monkey Island when it was five dollars. I wish it showed all the games in each series in one file on the XMB. instead each of them shows as five different games in the game list. OCD! OCD! OCD! I already had like 35 games on my HD. *sighs*[/QUOTE]

Hit Triangle, go down to "Information", then under "Album" you can type anything you want as a description, then organize your XMB by Album. So you could tag all 5 episodes as Monkey Island, then in the folder would be all 5 episodes and could do same thing for BTTF. You also can create other folders by tagging games Albums with "PS1 Classics" or "Demos" or "Minis" etc. Really helps to unclutter and organize the XMB.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Hit Triangle, go down to "Information", then under "Album" you can type anything you want as a description, then organize your XMB by Album. So you could tag all 5 episodes as Monkey Island, then in the folder would be all 5 episodes and could do same thing for BTTF. You also can create other folders by tagging games Albums with "PS1 Classics" or "Demos" or "Minis" etc. Really helps to unclutter and organize the XMB.[/QUOTE]

This post makes me so happy, I want to lick your face. I'm going to do this RIGHT NOW!

[quote name='tylerh1701']
As a PS+ member, say I want Back to the Future, but don't want to download it now because I'm not going to play it now. So I go into the store, click on it, click Download, agree to the PS+ terms, and am taken to the download page. Now I back out, so I've essentially "purchased" the game even though I didn't download it. Can I download it in 3 months from now for free, as long as I'm still a PS+ member?[/QUOTE]

Yup! Just make sure you download it to your PlayStation before your PS+ expires. It removes the free game titles from your list if your subscription expires. If the game is on your HDD, you will be able to play it again once you subscribe to PS+ again.

[quote name='4tygames']Yup! Just make sure you download it to your PlayStation before your PS+ expires. It removes the free game titles from your list if your subscription expires. If the game is on your HDD, you will be able to play it again once you subscribe to PS+ again.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. So far PS+ has been tits, so I don't plan on letting it lapse. But definitely good to know.

Does anybody know if Choplifter HD will be on the store Tuesday? Gamespy says it is coming out for the PC next week for 15 bucks but doesn't mention any of the consoles. Can't wait to play it. They have a game play video up that even includes a "Wilhelm Scream". Giving them my money for that alone.

:D

[quote name='4tygames']Yup! Just make sure you download it to your PlayStation before your PS+ expires. It removes the free game titles from your list if your subscription expires. If the game is on your HDD, you will be able to play it again once you subscribe to PS+ again.[/QUOTE]

The free PS+ game content will be removed from your download history when your PS+ expires.. but all of it is readded to your download history list once your PS+ is renewed. So you could delete it from your harddrive and redownload later after resubscribing to PS+.

Is there a way to sort the download history by type (full games, demos, DLC, etc.)? My download history is getting a little large and I hate having to scroll through tons of entries to find a game I purchased. (I had to delete some games from my HD in the past and now would like to download them again.)

[quote name='wtsutton']Does anybody know if Choplifter HD will be on the store Tuesday? Gamespy says it is coming out for the PC next week for 15 bucks but doesn't mention any of the consoles. Can't wait to play it. They have a game play video up that even includes a "Wilhelm Scream". Giving them my money for that alone.

:D[/QUOTE]

GameFAQs has it down as 1/10 on their release list - http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/releases

[quote name='wtsutton']Does anybody know if Choplifter HD will be on the store Tuesday? Gamespy says it is coming out for the PC next week for 15 bucks but doesn't mention any of the consoles. Can't wait to play it. They have a game play video up that even includes a "Wilhelm Scream". Giving them my money for that alone.

:D[/QUOTE]

It's coming out on XBLA on Wednesday next week, so more than likely it'll be on PSN Tuesday.

OXM gave it a 4.5/10, for what it's worth.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Is there a way to sort the download history by type (full games, demos, DLC, etc.)? My download history is getting a little large and I hate having to scroll through tons of entries to find a game I purchased. (I had to delete some games from my HD in the past and now would like to download them again.)[/QUOTE]
No, but if what you're looking to redownload is still in the store, you can just go to that game's page and download from there.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

OXM gave it a 4.5/10, for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Boooooooooooooooooooo!

Wonder how old the person is that reviewed it. I can see it having less appeal to younger players. Us older folks who gamed on the C64 have fond memories of that game. I'm gonna go look up the review now.

[quote name='wtsutton']Boooooooooooooooooooo!

Wonder how old the person is that reviewed it. I can see it having less appeal to younger players. Us older folks who gamed on the C64 have fond memories of that game. I'm gonna go look up the review now.[/QUOTE]

No idea how old he is. Let me know if you can't find the review online, and I'll PM it to ya or something.

[quote name='tylerh1701']No idea how old he is. Let me know if you can't find the review online, and I'll PM it to ya or something.[/QUOTE]

not seeing the OXM review...found a preview from them. nothing on metacritic yet either.

Ya oxm doesn't post reviews online right away. Ill pm you the review in a while, I think it's only like 2 paragraphs.

Oxm reviewed ff xiii-2 too already. I think they gave it a 9

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Hit Triangle, go down to "Information", then under "Album" you can type anything you want as a description, then organize your XMB by Album. So you could tag all 5 episodes as Monkey Island, then in the folder would be all 5 episodes and could do same thing for BTTF. You also can create other folders by tagging games Albums with "PS1 Classics" or "Demos" or "Minis" etc. Really helps to unclutter and organize the XMB.[/QUOTE]

Trying this tonight. It was really bugging me having all 5 episodes listed seperately.

[quote name='Tsel']I love how Frisky always pops up when someone has a question. Makes me chuckle.[/QUOTE]

I like his straight forward answers:D

Anyone else having a problem copying digital PSP games from the PS3 to PSP that were purchased before renewing their PS+ subscription?

In other words, it looks like my PSN account became two accounts one with PS+ and one without, when PS+ is expired.

An example is that I tried to copy Capcom Puzzle World to my PSP from my PS3 that was on sale about a month ago when my PS+ subscription was expired. I just renewed my PS+ account about a week ago and it asks me to download the game again.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Anyone else having a problem copying digital PSP games from the PS3 to PSP that were purchased before renewing their PS+ subscription?

In other words, it looks like my PSN account became two accounts one with PS+ and one without, when PS+ is expired.

An example is that I tried to copy Capcom Puzzle World to my PSP from my PS3 that was on sale about a month ago when my PS+ subscription was expired. I just renewed my PS+ account about a week ago and it asks me to download the game again.[/QUOTE]
It's because of the last update that prepared the PS3 for the Japanese Vita launch, not PS+. For whatever reason, they changed how installing of PSP content works so that you can only copy it over to your PSP from that install bubble that you get after downloading them. It's not able to be put into folders for organization's sake, so that stuff has to sit at the top of your folders if you intend to keep using your PS3 as storage for your digital PSP games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's because of the last update that prepared the PS3 for the Japanese Vita launch, not PS+. For whatever reason, they changed how installing of PSP content works so that you can only copy it over to your PSP from that install bubble that you get after downloading them. It's not able to be put into folders for organization's sake, so that stuff has to sit at the top of your folders if you intend to keep using your PS3 as storage for your digital PSP games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Frisky for clearing that up! It did not cross my mind that the reason I couldn't copy Capcom Puzzle World was because of the update. I have been using my PS3 to download/store my PSP games.

The strange part is that I purchased Capcom Classics Collection: Remixed and Capcom Classics Collection: Reloaded. Both games copy like normal by clicking on the game in the folder, then selecting copy.

im still wavering back and forth on Rocket Knight. $7.50 seems too high for the amount of content in the game, but this is the first sale on it since it was released over a year ago, so im thinking I may regret skipping it.

[quote name='eldergamer']Okay, so I named my album's under information. But how do I sort by album? I'm not that bright.[/QUOTE]

square toggles the folder sorting options

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back