PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm not a complete noob to SRPGs but sounded like this was incredibly deep and you have to spend a lot of time knowing stats, etc, to do well. That has me a bit scared off. So I'd like hear from others on this as well.
Disgaea can be very welcoming if you aren't well versed in it. You only really need to do all the crazy stat maxing if you want to do all the content and by the time you get to that point you will have learned all the of systems anyway.

This would be in stark contrast to Natural Doctrine which just sits your anus right on top of a rusty spike and tells you to have fun.

Looking into it, they dropped the prices on a bunch of heroes in Marvel Heroes Omega. Before, it was just Angela, Nova, and Squirrel Girl at the cheapest price of 250 Eternity Splinters. Now they're at 200 ES with Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Hulk, and Kitty Pryde joining them. The mid-tier heroes are now at 500 instead of 525, I believe, and the highest tier heroes are at 750 instead of 775. I can nearly get two of the cheaper heroes with the 366 I've earned so far.

Disgaea can be very welcoming if you aren't well versed in it. You only really need to do all the crazy stat maxing if you want to do all the content and by the time you get to that point you will have learned all the of systems anyway.

This would be in stark contrast to Natural Doctrine which just sits your anus right on top of a rusty spike and tells you to have fun.
Thanks! Having a PSTV as well as a PS4, is there one that would be better to jump into first? Think the PSP and Vita games are all PSTV compatible.

Or should I just go for Disgaea 5?

Thanks! Having a PSTV as well as a PS4, is there one that would be better to jump into first? Think the PSP and Vita games are all PSTV compatible.

I'd just go to 5. DD2 is a continuation of the first one so you wouldn't want to jump in there but the rest are all self contained.

R.I.P. old thread, long live new thread.

How is Disgaea 5 for a SRPG noob? Considering it, but not sure if I want to bite.
At it's deepest, it is a life-consuming monster. But the story requires minimal knowledge of stats and such. You could easily beat the game with a simple group of story characters and a few helpful allies like mages and warriors. Story missions have no penalties for failure (there are fees to heal characters but it's cheap) and you can quit the current stage without penalty in order to grind older stages. Trying too hard to min/max and make specialty classes early on will be mostly pointless.

I know there were complaints about the length but is Trine 3 worth the extra $3 to go from the 1&2 bundle to the complete collection?
Bumping your question because I'm looking for Trine advice as well. I have Trine 2 from ps+ and am on the fence whether to buy Trine 1 or get the trilogy. Then I'd own all three games if my plus ever expired

Is there currently a $15 off $75 on eBay? I want to make sure I take advantage of it if there is before I buy the psn credit

It's bizarre but the flat trade in value for Ratchet and Clank has been going up at GS. It's now $12.50. I got $20 for it because of the 60% bonus thing (not a Pro member so didn't get the 70%).

Makes the decision to go digital even easier.

It was $8 just yesterday.
Wow thanks for the heads up on that. Going to trade mine in tonight and get it digital.

Jeanne D'Arc might be a good game to grab for PSTV. Loved it back when it came out, as it has a beautiful Level 5 art style, an anime-meets-Joan of Arc story, and solid FFT-style combat that is well done.

Jeanne D'Arc might be a good game to grab for PSTV. Loved it back when it came out, as it has a beautiful Level 5 art style, an anime-meets-Joan of Arc story, and solid FFT-style combat that is well done.
Yep! I got that a while ago and it is a really great game. Of course, haven't finished it as with the rest of my backlog but was impressed with what I played.

I just checked and I still have all of my Eternity Splinters. They even gave out four of the Marvelous Loot Boxes to people that played it before now.

Unless you're talking about right at the launch of the open beta where they gave out about 900 Eternity Splinters to people when prices for the base heroes rose from 400 to 525 or something like that, but they hadn't adjusted the amount they gave you after the tutorial. They adjusted that later on and got rid of the bonus Eternity Splinters since it wasn't necessary, but you would've had to stop in such a weird place, not buy any heroes, and just be coming back to it. You still would not have lost anything, but just missed out on getting an extra hero or one of the higher-priced heroes.
Thanks for the info. I'm waiting for the update to download and I'll check it again.

Oh and thanks for all you do to make this thread what it is!

Yeah, I'm not a complete noob to SRPGs but sounded like this was incredibly deep and you have to spend a lot of time knowing stats, etc, to do well. That has me a bit scared off. So I'd like hear from others on this as well.
Disgaea is surprisingly friendly, imo. It just has a ton of depth - the game essentially takes the concept of grinding and 'gamifies' it completely. The easiest example are the item dungeons -- say you find a Sword. Want to upgrade it? Easy, just enter the sword's 'item dungeon', which is level after level after level of procedurally generated dungeon. Keep doing that til it kicks your ass, and when you leave your weapon will reflect your progress. Oh, on the way you may have rescued inhabitants you can then further customize the weapon with, because why not?

Combat is on one hand fairly traditional SRPG fair - grid based combat, every spell and attack might have a different range/aoe/etc. But then there are also colored blocks on the ground that have different affects, and you can chain them for mass damage and beat many levels using only those [in fact, I'd argue it's the best way to beat many levels].

Then the story... which is actually pretty simple and straightforward. The depth and craziness is all on the side.

That said, if you're a beginner to SRPGs and want a starter SRPG, Jeanne D'arc on the psp is perfect. Actually, God Wars on vita is a good way to start too if you want trophies, etc.

Can i get opinions on:

My Night job   [beat em up horror game]

aedis eclipse generation of chaos

fat princess adventures

stikbold

strike factor ex

Yep! I got that a while ago and it is a really great game. Of course, haven't finished it as with the rest of my backlog but was impressed with what I played.
If you haven't played Valkyria Chronicles or the remaster, get that when it's on sale next. It should've been the revolution for how to evolve SRPGs with more natural third-person shooter-style design, but the genre died on consoles and regressed to handhelds with grid-based combat for the most part.

Disgaea is surprisingly friendly, imo. It just has a ton of depth - the game essentially takes the concept of grinding and 'gamifies' it completely. The easiest example are the item dungeons -- say you find a Sword. Want to upgrade it? Easy, just enter the sword's 'item dungeon', which is level after level after level of procedurally generated dungeon. Keep doing that til it kicks your ass, and when you leave your weapon will reflect your progress. Oh, on the way you may have rescued inhabitants you can then further customize the weapon with, because why not?

Combat is on one hand fairly traditional SRPG fair - grid based combat, every spell and attack might have a different range/aoe/etc. But then there are also colored blocks on the ground that have different affects, and you can chain them for mass damage and beat many levels using only those [in fact, I'd argue it's the best way to beat many levels].

Then the story... which is actually pretty simple and straightforward. The depth and craziness is all on the side.

That said, if you're a beginner to SRPGs and want a starter SRPG, Jeanne D'arc on the psp is perfect. Actually, God Wars on vita is a good way to start too if you want trophies, etc.
Thanks for the detail on Disgaea! Actually just played the demo of 5 (didn't realize there was one) and liked what I played so going to pick it up.

If you haven't played Valkyria Chronicles or the remaster, get that when it's on sale next. It should've been the revolution for how to evolve SRPGs with more natural third-person shooter-style design, but the genre died on consoles and regressed to handhelds with grid-based combat for the most part.
Actually, I did have the original on PS3 but never got to finish because sold the console to get my PS4. But, it is an excellent game, so definitely have to get the remaster one of these days.

You're right about it being a natural evolution -- particularly combining the shooter aspects. It's ashame the new game apparently is not even close to the original in gameplay. All they had to do was a true sequel. Sad.

I see a lot of people saying Ratchet and Clank is a steal, but I've never played any of the games. I did play a few demos back on the PS3, but I never actually played any of them.

Should I pick up R&C on the PS4? I'm not sure how it plays, but it looks fun.

I see a lot of people saying Ratchet and Clank is a steal, but I've never played any of the games. I did play a few demos back on the PS3, but I never actually played any of them.

It's a great third-person shooter/platformer. You don't need to have played any of the other games since it's a remake of the original.

It's a light platformer, mostly a third person shooter with tons of great weapons [let's make them disco dance!]. Great sense of humor, great feel, etc. A true classic.

Started playing the Crash Bandicoot trilogy and, wow, this is the way to do a remaster. Having to get used to the ridgid platforming controls (actually got a game over on the first stage falling into the pits over and over, lol).

But man does it look gorgeous.

In the last day, there has been news of a "PS Vita Gamecard to microSD adapter". Sounds great that we soon don't need to worry about buying expensive vita memory cards. Only con that comes to mind, not sure if this will work with my digital store purchases, and if it relies on older firmware.

edit, nm, misread something for the division as being for ghost recon.

Does shadow of mordor GOTY edition ps4 have a different trophy set than the original release?   It's so dirt cheap I'm considering rebuying even though I plat'd it.

Does shadow of mordor GOTY edition ps4 have a different trophy set than the original release? It's so dirt cheap I'm considering rebuying even though I plat'd it.
Yes.

Started playing the Crash Bandicoot trilogy and, wow, this is the way to do a remaster. Having to get used to the ridgid platforming controls (actually got a game over on the first stage falling into the pits over and over, lol).

But man does it look gorgeous.
Yeah, I really wish I had a Pro already so I could play it.

Made a video for the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy where I run into a level in the first game where I nearly wipeout with about 17 lives going in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeC1FKXhd_c

I ended up picking up God of War 3 and Akiba's Trip. So far Akiba's Trip is just garbage and I wish I didn't buy it. I'll probably buy Adrift before the sale ends.

I just noticed the PS3 Harry Potter lego games are on PS4.   Are there any other PS3 lego games that have been ported?  my google failed me.

I just noticed the PS3 Harry Potter lego games are on PS4. Are there any other PS3 lego games that have been ported? my google failed me.
There are other Lego games that were released simultaneously on PS3 and PS4, but the only port after the fact was Harry Potter. Lego City Undercover was ported from the Wii U, as well.

I just can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on Crash yet. I have hundreds of games in my backlog I've never touched but that series does hold a special place in my gaming nostalgia. I would like to think with it already being 39.99 that it won't drop quite as soon as most but who knows.

Would you recommend "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" for someone that dislikes Walking Simulators, but likes good stories?

This is an excellent remake.

Mechanics are great and the graphics are simply gorgeous. It is a steal at this price.

Hey Frisky, Warriors of the Lost Empire is listed under PS4, but it's a psp game.

[it's actually kinda fun.   super budget janky hack and slash dungeon crawler...  enter dungeon, kill stuff, upgrade, etc.  i enjoyed it for cheap]

Anyone ever play Plague Inc: Evolved and want to share impressions?
I've played it on Steam. I find it pretty fun to design a virus and try to wipe out everyone on Earth, but you should know that there's not much actual gameplay beyond clicking a few bubbles and choosing upgrades for your disease. I enjoy the game, but I can definitely see how it wouldn't be for everyone.

Right now there's a ps4 Pro refurb on ebay for $284 from seller vipoutlet

Some were asking me about the $280 one I got when the ebay bucks offer was going.  Just letting them know it's in stock right now for a few dollars more

Right now there's a ps4 Pro refurb on ebay for $284 from seller vipoutlet

Some were asking me about the $280 one I got when the ebay bucks offer was going. Just letting them know it's in stock right now for a few dollars more
Saw $348 no $284.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm considering Mad Max for $8 and the I Am Bread/Surgeon Simulator bundle for $4. Has anyone here played any of them? Worth it?

Mad Max is super fun in my opinion.   Really good and brutal Batman style combat.    Lots and lots of bases to attack, both big and small.    There are little places all over the map [small forts, camps, etc] and there is a ton of variety in design... each feels unique it its own way, some have a little story to tell, etc.    General upgrading is fun, although you get a bit OP too soon.

Car combat is fun, though I wish it was more tactical, less arcade.  Specifically, one weapon becomes quite OP and you start to rely on it, whereas early in the game you're doing all sorts of things trying to win.   But still, it's great harpooning a tire of a convey you're chasing and ripping it off and seeing the car crash into a wall, etc.

It's open world, so has all the goods and bads of that -- tons of things to do, towers to climb to explore.   I love the Mad Max franchise and bought the game full price and loved it.  I think the general consensus is fun but flawed.

I just seriously sat down and looked at the PS3 sales.  Holy crap so many great games for cheap.

Can someone tell me about Jak and Daxter?  I've played Sly and Ratchet games, but somehow skipped over Jak.   Debating Vita version, even though I'm sure it's janky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back